Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,880 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. (40274 Views)

"It Is So Real": Meet 'omeife' Africa's First Human-like Robot Built In Nigeria / Meet Omeife: The First African Humanoid Robot / Indian Goat Gives Birth To ‘Humanoid Kid’ With Baby-Like Face (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by tishbite41(m): 8:59am On Dec 08, 2022
Goodday90:
so in the nearest future you yoruba people will claim it

Some Yoruba are now claiming Nollywood even when they hated to be associated with Nollywood and called their own industry Yoruba movie then
Don't mind them especially Wale Adenuga

4 Likes

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Ofunaofu: 9:00am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:
The igbofication is not a wise idea.

They could have made it an African representation generally. But igbofication only show naivety.

But what do I even know

You know nothing

6 Likes

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Tenses: 9:00am On Dec 08, 2022
Great innovation

1 Like

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by vacanci: 9:00am On Dec 08, 2022
but this looks like scare crow na

2 Likes

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Dave2011: 9:02am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:
typical naive behavior... If I didn't know, I would be offended but I know for a fact you express yourself from a place of stack ignorance and so I will take the advice which says.

Avoid rolling in the mud with swine, people won't be able to tell the difference after some time.

Aren't you the swine here? All you could take away from such a great feat, was the fact that the project was given an Igbo name! So many irredeemable and tribalism-tainted souls here!!!!

12 Likes

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by jeromestarks: 9:02am On Dec 08, 2022
This is terrible.

Walking amadioha.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Honchoslim16(m): 9:02am On Dec 08, 2022
The feeling of Joy fills my Heart, when good news comes outta Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by kogic: 9:03am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

They could have made it an African representation generally. But igbofication only show naivety.

But what do I even know

Igbos are Africans too.

6 Likes

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by crafteck(m): 9:03am On Dec 08, 2022
First thing i want to ask is can it walk?
Was the ai programmed to adapt to any discussion or it only answers particular questions..

Is this another primary school project being exaggerated or it is technologically advanced..
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Ykc2(m): 9:04am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know
but you will buy dolce & gabana or lamboghini Italian names you don't even know they meaning but once the name is igbo then is abomination tufiaa to we Africans

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by SLOVFO(m): 9:04am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know

Omeife is just a name. I guess you would have preferred they name her Mary or Jane. And didn't you read the part that she could speak Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by frankmoney(m): 9:05am On Dec 08, 2022
Impressive
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by chigator2: 9:05am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know

Typical trash from low esteem people.

Tell your trash to Mercedes, Daimler, Bosch, Toyota, Ford, Christian Dior, Mclauren and other eponymous brands . As if the name of a product affects its efficacy.

Always claiming smart as if they know it all. Bush man.

11 Likes

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by olisaEze(m): 9:05am On Dec 08, 2022
Saying Omeife means "Doer of things" is speaking literarily. Omeife as a title, and in many instances as a surname, means 'achiever'. Depending on the tone of voice and facial expression used when saying it, the listener can deduce if an 'Omeife' is for outstanding achievements or for mischief making. For instance, Peter Obi is an 'Omeife' and Tinubu is an 'omeife'. I nor talk pass like that. grin

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by alingo2013(m): 9:06am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know

Igbo is an African culture, stop being tribalistic

5 Likes

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Kenmatt(m): 9:06am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know

You know nothing.

1 Like

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Chopcy29: 9:06am On Dec 08, 2022
Take am replace baba blu bla or bubu
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by BRATISLAVA: 9:06am On Dec 08, 2022
Offpoint1:
Nairaland with old News, news that circulated almost 3 weeks now is just getting to Nairaland.

By the ways, it's a good step. I still have 2% Faith in Nigeria.

They prefer reporting on what women did here and there, and how they dealt with entitled girls. And talking about living in Canada and how terrible Canada is. Or travel, in general.

This is very old news. And from the first post, you can imagine if it's tribal sentiment that kept it away from becoming news here since it came out.

4 Likes

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Hopebringer: 9:07am On Dec 08, 2022
What is wrong with these people?
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by frontrunnerbaba: 9:07am On Dec 08, 2022
Way to go
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by VoteObi2SaveNai: 9:07am On Dec 08, 2022
Wow, kudos to those that achieved this feat in Nigeria.

Omeife to the world!
Igbo amaka!!
Nigeria can be great with Peter Obi!!!

4 Likes

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by BRATISLAVA: 9:08am On Dec 08, 2022
crafteck:
First thing i want to ask is can it walk?
Was the ai programmed to adapt to any discussion or it only answers particular questions..

Is this another primary school project being exaggerated or it is technologically advanced..

Why not advance it for them, or did you stop your education at primary school projects with them?

3 Likes

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by 1gbdata: 9:08am On Dec 08, 2022
cool
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Ritchiee: 9:08am On Dec 08, 2022
Great feat.
A robot in human form is called humanoid and this is the first robot in human form in Africa even though Africans have built robots in different varieties..Kudos.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Hezmatosky: 9:08am On Dec 08, 2022
You will soon hear that omeife is dead grin

2 Likes

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Opintiwa: 9:09am On Dec 08, 2022
Almaigaa:

Why relate this Robort to Igbo? The Robort no get Yam legs, e no get bear bear for face, e no get bear bear for Chest and the Robort no bleach.

Trash for a pathetic Almajiri

2 Likes

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by joyandfaith: 9:10am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know

They have to give it a Nigerian name. Can u pls suggest a name that wouldn't denote any tribe? Comment like yours makes me strongly believe that Nigeria should divide.

5 Likes

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Nche95(m): 9:10am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know
I am 100% sure you are from the South West

3 Likes

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by 1Dray(m): 9:10am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know

Who is this one? Is Igbo not African?

2 Likes

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Candidlady: 9:11am On Dec 08, 2022
boldking:
Looks like plane crash VICTIM���. Boys are not smiling

boldking:
Looks like plane crash VICTIM���. Boys are not smiling

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yemi Akinyemi Dele Selected By Yusaku Maezawa For Moon Trip / Nickel Discovery In Nigeria: What, Where & Why Nickel Is Used / The Blood Moon Appears Today - What Do You Need To Know About It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.