Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,904 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. (40277 Views)

"It Is So Real": Meet 'omeife' Africa's First Human-like Robot Built In Nigeria / Meet Omeife: The First African Humanoid Robot / Indian Goat Gives Birth To ‘Humanoid Kid’ With Baby-Like Face (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by AutoshalomUSA: 1:43pm On Dec 08, 2022
All these Critics of this products are the reason why Nigeria will never grow or be patriotic . We hate supporting our own , We always prefer what Oyigbo do over ours . Bros we no like ourselves .
All humanoid robots have a creepy sense to them . This is because they have no emotions , so they can’t really express it . Japan so far is the only country with a 100% realistic humanoid with emotions .
But mind you Japan has been into robots since 1980’s so yes enough of xperience and developments .

Make una try Dey encourage small endeavors like these . We can’t keep hating on our kind all the time . We should learn to embrace and support each other . These guys have made the step , we need more teams like these . We need to be making our own tech in Africa . But instead we are only building fintech softwares. No one wants to build hardwares or hardtech anymore , Yet we use hardtech products daily . Thanks to cheap Chinese manufacturers.

crafteck:

Fact that there are lots of open source ai that you can chat with and they respond online makes the software unimpressive, they couldn't even come up with realistic face, eyes and bit of expression on the robot, neither can the mouth actually open to simulate talking, dem for just block mouth put led there.

1 Like

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Af0nja: 1:50pm On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:
The igbofication is not a wise idea.

They could have made it an African representation generally. But igbofication only show naivety.

But what do I even know

A very lowly mentality. But you worship Jesus and Mohamed, you drive Mercedes Benz and Toyota. You eat Maggi and wear Gucci and Balenciaga. The slavest mentality ever.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by wink2015(m): 1:53pm On Dec 08, 2022
This is good news for robotic sciences in Nigeria.

At least there is progress in our scientific research.

But I think there should be more innovation in the Agricultural sector in Nigeria.

Food is one of the basic necessity in present day Nigeria but we lack sufficient food and the ones in the market are very expensive.

More people should be moved from Administration into Production like Farming and other forms of Agricultural sciences.

The government and private entrepreneur should invest in Agric business and develop good food security for Nigeria.

There is presently hunger in the land in Nigeria.

It is only those who have eaten three square meal a day that can talk of Robotic Science.

But if we can introduce robotic sciences into agriculture then that is welcomed.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Almaigaa: 2:01pm On Dec 08, 2022
Heroicvic:

congratulations,you've won the Award for the most stupid idiot on the internet today
2 awards would be presented to you, one for being stupid the other for being an idiot.

The thing pain this Igbo man grin grin

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Untube: 2:02pm On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

They could have made it an African representation generally. But igbofication only show naivety.

But what do I even know

Meta was coined from Yoruba language which means three(Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp) we should learn to think beyond ethnicity. It's a big shame and disastrous that our leaders succeeded in using tribalism to divide and turn us against ourselves. We are one
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by VOR2019: 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know
You're wrong. There is need to create a personality. They can then expand the markets for other personality. Identification is very important.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by laiperi: 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2022
There is another inventor from Benin in the U. S whose laptop was stolen in Nigeria at the airport.

If anything, it is better to put Igbo and African stamp on it.

We are still trying to retrieve African inventions of Sudan ("Upper Egypt)" from the Northern Europeans that the Greeks and Romans named Barbarians.

Before you know it, they will whitewash the Robot like our drugs: Aspirin, Antibiotics etc.

Another wave of Covid-19 that ravaged the world is back in China.

Yet, the outside world refuse to acknowledge or study how Africa escaped without their vaccines. Our Africans scientists and doctors like the children of Babalawo will not disclose the "secret" of their fathers.

I celebrate the Igbo or African scientist and his team.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by crafteck(m): 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2022
AutoshalomUSA:
All these Critics of this products are the reason why Nigeria will never grow or be patriotic . We hate supporting our own , We always prefer what Oyigbo do over ours . Bros we no like ourselves .
All humanoid robots have a creepy sense to them . This is because they have no emotions , so they can’t really express it . Japan so far is the only country with a 100% realistic humanoid with emotions .
But mind you Japan has been into robots since 1980’s so yes enough of xperience and developments .

Make una try Dey encourage small endeavors like these . We can’t keep hating on our kind all the time . We should learn to embrace and support each other . These guys have made the step , we need more teams like these . We need to be making our own tech in Africa . But instead we are only building fintech softwares. No one wants to build hardwares or hardtech anymore , Yet we use hardtech products daily . Thanks to cheap Chinese manufacturers.

If it were built as a project by a young primary or secondary school student, it would be a different story but a company reswarches and does this in 2 years.... Haba... Na encouraging nonsense put nigeria and africa backwards....
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Franzinni: 2:37pm On Dec 08, 2022
Untube:

Meta was coined from Yoruba language which means three(Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp) we should learn to think beyond ethnicity. It's a big shame and disastrous that our leaders succeeded in using tribalism to divide and turn us against ourselves. We are one
meta was not coined from any Yoruba language .. but that Is beside the point bro, let me explain ... You see the ai robot being displayed in Dubai doesn't have any race or ethnicity it just has functionality and that is why we all could relate, but this one is being tribalised which to feels like there is something being hidden under all the makeup .. that is my point .
Bro to create AI is not difficult anymore but it makes no sense to start tribalising it.

An Edo man is creating autonomous electric vehicles in America, but he never nigerianized it ... If you see the car you would never say it was Nigerian ... That is my point ... Making it Igbo is only limiting it's potential ..I have no problem with the effort but with the execution.

2 Likes

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by BluntCrazeMan: 2:53pm On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know
God Punish You There..

Naivety??

So, what were you expecting??
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by UNDFTD: 2:57pm On Dec 08, 2022
That's what I am talking about. Biafra got talent but is being wasted in a barren, God-forsaken awful contraption called LIEGERIA. We must surely realize our dream of building our own independent nation where creativity, ingenuity, talent, hard work, and self-reliance are rewarded and NOT punished. And let the nomadic, no good, lazy a$$, blood-sucking, and thirsty Fulanis enjoy and wallow in their ignorance and stupidity in their God-forsaken awful country right along with their stooges!
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Franzinni: 3:03pm On Dec 08, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
God Punish You There..

Naivety??

So, what were you expecting??
I was expecting the madness of a blunt craze man grin

And very naive too ... grin

God bless you there ... That is the way of the wise grin

1 Like

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by BluntCrazeMan: 3:05pm On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:
I was expecting the madness of a blunt craze man grin

And very naive too ... grin

God bless you there ... That is the way of the wise grin
For now bye.

You got the message
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Franzinni: 3:13pm On Dec 08, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
For now bye.

You got the message
you are the 150th messenger ... Today alone

So don't feel special ... People plenty before you ..you came late.. grin.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by BluntCrazeMan: 3:15pm On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:
you are the 150th messenger ... Today alone

So don't feel special ... People plenty before you ..you came late.. grin.
Message Sank Wella
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Franzinni: 3:22pm On Dec 08, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
Message Sank Wella
what message ? Oya deliver it becasue

Not even one of you have made sense ... You all just want to argue a point without making real sense .... Frankly

It was a bunch of unintelligible monbo jombo
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by PAQ(m): 3:29pm On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know

Would it have been better if she looked Swahili or Zulu? Is your definition of African representation what you see on Hollywood? If not for the hate we have for ourselves in Nigeria, is Igbo not Africa enough? We should encourage each other regardless of tribe.

This your statement will not be understood by other African & non African Nations because they dont know the hate that exists, only Nigerians like you.

I am not Igbo, but regardless of how the humanoid came out i am proud of my country.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by PAQ(m): 3:35pm On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:
meta was not coined from any Yoruba language .. but that Is beside the point bro, let me explain ... You see the ai robot being displayed in Dubai doesn't have any race or ethnicity it just has functionality and that is why we all could relate, but this one is being tribalised which to feels like there is something being hidden under all the makeup .. that is my point .
Bro to create AI is not difficult anymore but it makes no sense to start tribalising it.

An Edo man is creating autonomous electric vehicles in America, but he never nigerianized it ... If you see the car you would never say it was Nigerian ... That is my point ... Making it Igbo is only limiting it's potential ..I have no problem with the effort but with the execution.

The Chinese are the largest exporters of finished goods but they dont care if the world cant speak Mandarin, all their products bare their language, their culture. (Xiaomi, Jincheng, etc) Thesame way the French will never hide theirs, so why should we be ashamed to promote ours? If not for inferiority complex.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by BluntCrazeMan: 3:39pm On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

Not even one of you have made sense ... You all just want to argue a point without making real sense .... Frankly

Now you can come-and-start-going
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by BluntCrazeMan: 3:43pm On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

Something that represents Africa Generally?

A “t-shirt” with a map of Africa on it?

I asked you to be specific on what you meant by “something that represents Africa Generally”, but you were busy blabbing.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by fman(m): 3:57pm On Dec 08, 2022
Candidlady:

grin

Banza

1 Like

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by KissMyShadow(f): 4:18pm On Dec 08, 2022
This is totally amazing!
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Masterito(m): 4:20pm On Dec 08, 2022
Ok import yours and create one. Now you sound foolish. And you think Elon Musk created and program Tesla cars? Lol, Your jealousy is blocking your sense of reasoning.
Blakjewelry:

And your points sucks the the brain it is coming from. You want to know the bitter truth, this wasn't made in Nigeria everything was imported and assembled in fact not even the software was program by the guy, it was already made now go hang yourself.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by edunaragold(f): 4:32pm On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know
which one is igbofication again ,its the technologist idea na,Nigeria must talk
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Zse1: 5:00pm On Dec 08, 2022
grin
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by COUSIN1279(m): 5:34pm On Dec 08, 2022
Hope she won't have their entitled mentality.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by jclassiq(m): 6:40pm On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know

You're a hopeless idiot.

By African in general you mean it should have been Zulu, or Xhosa, or Hutu, Tutsi, or which one exactly?

Anything else as long as it's not Igbo, right?

Mumu.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by AutoshalomUSA: 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2022
I totally get your point. But Nigeria is not a developed or advanced nation with a lot of capital invested in technology startups like this. So funding could be a major factor in developing any useful technology product. Whatever the case may be, encouraging home-grown technology is key to self-sustenance.

We need more capital going to companies like these with proven ideas and clear visions. Without Millions of dollars invested into R&grin and precision manufacturing, no meaningful product can come out of Nigeria to compete on the global stage.

crafteck:

If it were built as a project by a young primary or secondary school student, it would be a different story but a company reswarches and does this in 2 years.... Haba... Na encouraging nonsense put nigeria and africa backwards....

1 Like

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Blakjewelry(m): 7:09pm On Dec 08, 2022
Masterito:
Ok import yours and create one. Now you sound foolish. And you think Elon Musk created and program Tesla cars? Lol, Your jealousy is blocking your sense of reasoning.
Mumu I did not know musk imported tesla car from Nigeria. Car that is still undergoing fine tuning you said he imported it. My son stop smoking weed.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Masterito(m): 7:13pm On Dec 08, 2022
From this comment of yours, Incan say I have been speaking with someone having a low IQ. No need to explain, it is waste of time.
Blakjewelry:

Mumu I did not know musk imported tesla car from Nigeria. Car that is still undergoing fine tuning you said he imported it. My son stop smoking weed.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by JASONjnr(m): 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2022
drphantom:

Must we politicize everything? Must we continue to fight and divide ourselves over tribe? ( Something the politicians you are all fighting for don't do themselves?)

Don't you guys ever get tired of turning everything into a political bid?

If you want to go in that direction, you failed to point out that this was accomplished under the Buhari Administration and not any incoming candidate[/b]s.

Also it was accomplished by an [b]Abuja based start up
and not by any SE or SS or SW based company.

Let's stop all this nonsense we are doing in the name of politics

You don't have sense....

I said, Nigeria will be great and talents like this will be encouraged....Under Peter Obi.

If it doesn't sit well with you, try and jump into the lagoon.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Blakjewelry(m): 7:49pm On Dec 08, 2022
crafteck:

I am not sure it's a custom build project sef, the basic on the system shows it was bought and assembled both hardware and software, it is only those who do not follow the tech industry that will be shouting. Before it hit nairaland it has been trending but you will not find any major tech guys discussing it because it is not unique. I had prefer a custom built project no matter how small. I did not even want to jump on the thread until I saw the tribalistic ranting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yemi Akinyemi Dele Selected By Yusaku Maezawa For Moon Trip / Nickel Discovery In Nigeria: What, Where & Why Nickel Is Used / The Blood Moon Appears Today - What Do You Need To Know About It?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.