Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter (20909 Views)

My Husband Kicked Me Out After A DNA Test Revealed He Wasn’t My Daughter Dad / My Ex Wife Wants To Kill My Pregnant Girlfriend / Unemployed Man Wins $273m Lotto Months After Divorce In US, Ex-Wife Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by Prospertochu(m): 9:39pm On Nov 16, 2022
My ex and mother of my triplets and I are separated. The children were with me.

Last week she called me to inform me that she is in the village and she wants to come over to see the children. I told her no problem my mother is at home with the kids she can come over anytime and she came on Monday while I was a t work. She brought foodstuffs and toys for the kids.

She texted me to asked if she can take them to her mother's place I said yes. She left with the 3 children. I expected her to bring them back today she said she is going back to Lagos tomorrow and this evening I came home I met my boys, not my girl. My mother said it was her brother who dropped them and I saw a big luggage with plenty of clothes she bought for them. I asked my mum what did the brother said about my girl he said my ex told her to inform me that she will bring her back tomorrow morning. I called, her number is switched off so I went at her mother's place, she said she left with the girl to Lagos yesterday.

I am very upset that she took the girl to Lagos without my consent and I want my girl back.

What should I do to have my child back with me?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by Helpout12345: 10:21pm On Nov 16, 2022
Was there any prior discussion around the children custody between you both before this?

And what is she into in Lagos, do you think she can take good care of the girl in Lagos with her?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by mardis: 10:22pm On Nov 16, 2022
Leave the girl child with her now. You have the two boys already in your custody allow her take care of the girl. It seems she is capable of doing that. Before you'll go and marry another woman that'll come and turn her to housegirl. And besides she will be more safer under the watchful eyes of her mother. Aren't you afraid of all this child molestors and abusers?

206 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by Helpout12345: 10:31pm On Nov 16, 2022
mardis:
Leave the girl child with her now. You have the two boys already in your custody allow her take care of the girl. It seems she is capable of doing that. Before you'll go and marry another woman that'll come and turn her to housegirl. And besides she will be more safer under the watchful eyes of her mother. Aren't you afraid of all this child molestors and abusers?

Even at that, she needs to do it proper way.

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by Prospertochu(m): 10:36pm On Nov 16, 2022
Helpout12345:
Was there any prior discussion around the children custody between you both before this?

And what is she into in Lagos, do you think she can take good care of the girl in Lagos with her?

She has abandoned them for me and we didn't have a discussion about the children custody, she is her mother she can take care of her but I am not happy with her because she didn't informed me that she was taking her she lied to her mother that I have given her the permission to take the girl to Lagos . I think she is working in Lagos but I am not very sure

17 Likes

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by Prospertochu(m): 10:41pm On Nov 16, 2022
mardis:

She should have asked for my permission she shouldn't have taken her away from me without my consent , plus she is only been to Lagos since August she doesn't have any relatives there i don't know where or who she is staying with and if she is working who will be taking care of my child. She is only 3 years old she is at risk of being molest in Lagos than in the village

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by Prospertochu(m): 10:41pm On Nov 16, 2022
Helpout12345:

Even at that, she needs to do it proper way.

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by Dogalmighty17: 10:57pm On Nov 16, 2022
You say she is your ex wife. Did a court of law annul your marraige? If so, were you awarded custody of the kids? These are germane issues you didn't mention.
If a court hasn't dissolved your marraige, then she remains your wife and the issue of custody remains in flux. There seems to be nothing you can do at the moment except you go to court and officially file for divorce.

11 Likes

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by Prospertochu(m): 11:04pm On Nov 16, 2022
Dogalmighty17:
You say she is your ex wife. Did a court of law annul your marraige? If so, were you awarded custody of the kids? These are germane issues you didn't mention.
If a court hasn't dissolved your marraige, then she remains your wife and the issue of custody remains in flux. There seems to be nothing you can do at the moment except you go to court and officially file for divorce.

We only did traditional marriage

11 Likes

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by Helpout12345: 12:04am On Nov 17, 2022
Prospertochu:

She should have asked for my permission she shouldn't have taken her away from me without my consent , plus she is only been to Lagos since August she doesn't have any relatives there i don't know where or who she is staying with and if she is working who will be taking care of my child. She is only 3 years old she is at risk of being molest in Lagos than in the village

This is my fear for the little girl too. What the mother is up to in Lagos must be known before you can be comfortable to leave the girl with her. This is why she was supposed to discuss this with you the father before taking her away just like that.

You both have equal custody rights over the children but it's better the children stay where they will be well catered for, irrespective of any emotions.

Where is she staying in Lagos, what type of work is she doing? What dangers can the girl be exposed to? All these are important considerations to consider

Sometimes some ladies just take irrational decisions over emotions.

I have seen a case where a lady took her daughter like this to Lagos just because of emotions, only for the husband and family to later find out she was doing ashewo work in Lagos and the daughter was being exposed to her work.

25 Likes

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by Helpout12345: 12:21am On Nov 17, 2022
Prospertochu:

We only did traditional marriage

My advise is this.

1. Tell your mother-in-law and her family that they should tell her to bring your daughter back and do things the right way. Let them know you must know your daughter whereabouts and know how her welfare will be taken care of before you can allow her take the girl. Your message will surely get to your wife through them.

2. Give her few days to get back to you. If she gets back to you, discuss your concerns with her. Collect the address in Lagos where she stays with your daughter, visit them to see things for yourself.

3. If she refuses to get back to you, approach welfare system in your state and fight it legally.

She has no rights to take your daughter to a place you don't know or cannot see or visit your daughter as required. Just as she knows where to visit her sons with your mother, you also have equal rights to know where your daughter is, her living condition and all that.

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by ahnie: 12:29am On Nov 17, 2022
Interesting thread

2 Likes

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by Kobojunkie: 1:15am On Nov 17, 2022
Interesting! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by Nobody: 4:06am On Nov 17, 2022
It's very disturbing how kids gets to suffer for their parents mistakes and problems .

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by Eketem: 4:35am On Nov 17, 2022
1. Since you married traditionally inform her family formally.

2. As somebody said insist on getting her address in Lagos, visit and document take pictures.

3. When you get to Lagos and find their location, find the nearest police unit and ask for their gender unit. File a complaint she will be invited for mediation, you will both agree on what you want for the child. By documenting at the station she is declaring that no harm will come to the child or she will be liable .

Continue to follow up and check on your daughter by phone if you are not awarded custody

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by Mercury12(m): 6:40am On Nov 17, 2022
Helpout12345:

My advise is this.

1. Tell your mother-in-law and her family that they should tell her to bring your daughter back and do things the right way. Let them know you must know your daughter whereabouts and know how her welfare will be taken care of before you can allow her take the girl. Your message will surely get to your wife through them.

2. Give her few days to get back to you. If she gets back to you, discuss your concerns with her. Collect the address in Lagos where she stays with your daughter, visit them to see things for yourself.

3. If she refuses to get back to you, approach welfare system in your state and fight it legally.

She has no rights to take your daughter to a place you don't know or cannot see or visit your daughter as required. Just as she knows where to visit her sons with your mother, you also have equal rights to know where your daughter is, her living condition and all that.
Absolutely! Well said

Op follow this advice.

18 Likes

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 17, 2022
Helpout12345:

My advise is this.

Good advice, but what if she calls his bluff and refuses to turn up? What if there is no forwarding address to locate her in Lagos and she changes her phone number since it’s switched off? What if her family claims they don’t have much forwarding information about her? What can a welfare system do?

Oga, ASAP, get her mother arrested! In your statement rope her into the kidnap of your daughter. Inform the police they were both involved in requesting for the kids visitation to her home. She should be detained and charged as an accomplice in a kidnap case. Do this and watch her run down from Lagos with your daughter. You guys can now sit down and do the needful the proper way. There is a similar case here on NL where the MIL even prevented the father from seeing his twin for 6 years, immediately after arrest, the elusive twins appeared from God knows where.

Her scheming to talk your daughter deceitfully leaves much to be doubted. It shows the girl is not even safe with her. You would have failed your child, if as a parent you don’t even have a verifiable address where she resides, where she schools and the safety of the environment where she lives. You deserve to even know what this ex does for a living. What if she is into hook up/prostitution? you don’t want such character raising your girl child.

20 Likes

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by Ulunne777(f): 10:21am On Nov 17, 2022
mardis:

Exactly.She did it the wrong way but its for the best.
That baby girl should be under her moms watch to avoid stories.

3 Likes

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by SILVERLINES: 10:39am On Nov 17, 2022
cheesy

Mama come carry her pikin and u come here come de tell us say she kidnapped pikin

Egbon focus b4 something do u dere

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by MrHighSea: 10:39am On Nov 17, 2022
From the write-up one can deduce that woman loves the kids.

Still, it can only be balanced if we hear from the other party.

As a child, the wife of a very close relative did same. She took the 3yrs old boy from private school he attended back to her base. Reported herself to police. The man vex, the whole community para, thank God school proprietor was a big man and he understood what nobody did. The lil boy had "hernia" (one testes was extra big, as a kid I didn't know how bad it was), his Dad was non-nonchalant. The woman simply took her son with police to the hospital she worked. Dude is a graduate now, stays with the Mum.

Continue to be a good Dad, babygirl will come hunting for you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by EagleMediaNG(m): 10:39am On Nov 17, 2022
Prospertochu:

She has abandoned them for me and we didn't have a discussion about the children custody, she is her mother she can take care of her but I am not happy with her because she didn't informed me that she was taking her she lied to her mother that I have given her the permission to take the girl to Lagos . I think she is working in Lagos but I am not very sure
Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by Doinn07(m): 10:39am On Nov 17, 2022
Omoo so much desperation these days
Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by floss(m): 10:39am On Nov 17, 2022
Hmm
Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by chris4gold(m): 10:39am On Nov 17, 2022
Water don pass garri
Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:39am On Nov 17, 2022
It's very unfortunate that innocent kids have to face the consequences of failed parenting, just imagine how they are tossing these little toddlers about, smh.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by Chibuzoc(m): 10:40am On Nov 17, 2022
Sorry for this experience, some part of Lagos are not advisable to raise a child

2 Likes

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by chiefolododo(m): 10:40am On Nov 17, 2022
D
Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by Curious345: 10:40am On Nov 17, 2022
Sad indeed
Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by phemmyfour: 10:41am On Nov 17, 2022
Prospertochu:

Last week she called me to inform me that she is in the village and she wants to come over to see the children. I told her no problem my mother is at home with the kids she can come over anytime and she came on Monday while I was a t work. She brought foodstuffs and toys for the kids.

She texted me to asked if she can take them to her mother's place I said yes. She left with the 3 children. I expected her to bring them back today she said she is going back to Lagos tomorrow and this evening I came home I met my boys, not my girl. My mother said it was her brother who dropped them and I saw a big luggage with plenty of clothes she bought for them. I asked my mum what did the brother said about my girl he said my ex told her to inform me that she will bring her back tomorrow morning. I called, her number is switched off so I went at her mother's place, she said she left with the girl to Lagos yesterday.

I am very upset that she took the girl to Lagos without my consent and I want my girl back.

She went with her children....Qed!

1 Like

Re: My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 17, 2022
Prospertochu:

Relax

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Find Your Future Spouse / Reasons To Stop Trying To Prove Yourself To Everyone / Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.