Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,295 members, 7,846,331 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

My Mother Is Against Me Having A Girlfriend At 29yr - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mother Is Against Me Having A Girlfriend At 29yr (3598 Views)

I Want To Get Married To My Fiance But Her Medical Condition Is Making Me Having / Pre-Wedding Pics Of American Man Who Proposed To Nigerian Girlfriend At Airport / Soldier Kneels Down, Proposes To Girlfriend At Maryland Mall Lagos After 7 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother Is Against Me Having A Girlfriend At 29yr by cassyrooy(m): 8:27pm On Nov 22, 2022
Lauraobd1:
I think I'm in same shoe here.my mom even confronted my gf to halt anything with me.reason..shes older than me
At this stage, I'll support you disobey her o.

But don't let the communications between you stop, in fact, hustle harder and be sending money to her while your babe wait a little.

Don't lose a good woman because of family, many family members are sycophants, they want you unmarried so that billing you can be easier.
Re: My Mother Is Against Me Having A Girlfriend At 29yr by cassyrooy(m): 8:52pm On Nov 22, 2022
Aremwayne:
I am 29 myself and I am really tired of settling family problems, within two months I have spent over 500k solving issues. I have decided to get married next year or risk remaining single for the rest of my life cos the problems keep coming.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Your eyes don open.
Re: My Mother Is Against Me Having A Girlfriend At 29yr by annetty: 9:30pm On Nov 22, 2022
You should not listen to your mother.
Re: My Mother Is Against Me Having A Girlfriend At 29yr by annayawchee: 10:52pm On Nov 22, 2022
Wahala no dey finish..
Your mom will blackmail you on the long run..

Las las you be her poverty alleviation scheme.

It's well.

Thank God I'm the last born...
Re: My Mother Is Against Me Having A Girlfriend At 29yr by omolasho: 6:25am On Nov 23, 2022
I think you are actually right and mom is right too. She just overly wants the best for you. So in your wisdom, do not disappoint her and your father's name.

Finishing school and ageing 29 doesn't makes you ready for relationship or marriage but being successful. At age 45 and successful, you will have countless good, beautiful and bad girls literally begging you for marriage.

My below averagely educated and married colleague recently introduced me to her lawyer girlfriend. We once visited their chambers. Here I am befriending one of the successful female lawyers who craving for my consent.
There are many successful, respectful and rich single ladies out there who don't need to depend on your 10%. It will take conscious effort to chase poverty from your lineage and never that old fiery tale of love manufactured from the industry of poverty itself.
Re: My Mother Is Against Me Having A Girlfriend At 29yr by Dailyparrot: 6:37am On Nov 23, 2022
BigYash:
She is not.. The son probably loves the girl more. Meanwhile the babe is supposed to love op more.. And if this is the case,it will ruin him... That is what I think mama is seeing.. My advice is for op to calm down,while he check and balance the whole situation.. No girl loves a man.. She is just playing the normal game,they all play.. Op thinks its love..

Mama is seeing from just a picture taken at an eatery, she's able to see who loves each other more?

Haba mana
Re: My Mother Is Against Me Having A Girlfriend At 29yr by victooman: 6:49am On Nov 23, 2022
omolasho:
I think you are actually right and mom is right too. She just overly wants the best for you. So in your wisdom, do not disappoint her and your father's name.

Finishing school and ageing 29 doesn't makes you ready for relationship or marriage but being successful. At age 45 and successful, you will have countless good, beautiful and bad girls literally begging you for marriage.

My below averagely educated and married colleague recently introduced me to her lawyer girlfriend. We once visited their chambers. Here I am befriending one of the successful female lawyers who craving for my consent.
There are many successful, respectful and rich single ladies out there who don't need to depend on your 10%. It will take conscious effort to chase poverty from your lineage and never that old fiery tale of love manufactured from the industry of poverty itself.
thank you but never in my life am l contemplating staying at 45yrs,, God forbid,, l am already trying for my self,, with or without marriage if God want use me to wipe poverty out of the linege he will use me,, she just want to turn me to a player unkowningly, if l dump my serious girlfriend and focus on all this 2k and 3k girls my mom herself wont even been getting the little she is getting now.
Re: My Mother Is Against Me Having A Girlfriend At 29yr by Saintinoo(m): 11:07am On Nov 23, 2022
victooman:
so l finish my Nysc service last year,,met the girl of my dream during the service year, we both live in Abuja although separately because she stays with her sister, we both have a business separately we are managing that gives us a minimum of 4-5k on daily basis,, l have told my mother about my girlfriend and try to make her understand how much l love this girl ,
on Sunday we went to chicken republic eat something of 5k which my girlfriend even contributed 2k to it, she posted the picture on Facebook and tag me, my younger brother saw it and show my mother ,, yesterday my mother called me and was talking to me like toddler,,
she claim that any young man who want to succeed should not put a woman first,that l should make money and attend to family problem first before focusing on a woman,,l ask her: is a man of 29yrs too small to have a girlfriend? l told her :" l barely finish Nysc service last year,, instead of sitting down doing nothing ,l have started a business and l am sending small small money to u and my siblings, if l ditch having any girlfriend at 29yrs and focus on family problems that means l wont get married, and l also inform her that am not living with my girlfriend as she is insunating that girl takes care of 90 percent of her problems,, those were the answers l gave when she cut off the call,, please nairalanders how can l handle my mother and still maintain my relationship.

OP let me guess, you are an Igbo guy, probably from Anambra state, sorry but that is the mindset of Anambra mothers.

Your mom expects you to make money like those blood money men in Onitsha, build house and buy cars, so she could intimidate her fellow women. That is the mentality down here, to her you can only.be ready to marry at age 45, when you finally make the imaginary money.

My advice is this, check this girl well, is she worth it? can the both of you build and make that money together? if yes, then mke your mom understand and try to get the support of your dad.

Good women no dey Nigeria again ooo, don'y lose a good woman.
Re: My Mother Is Against Me Having A Girlfriend At 29yr by Das1mama: 3:48pm On Nov 23, 2022
advanceDNA:
The picture made her rush in conclusion that she's a wasteful geh just ur spending hard earned money anyhow....... . u know say some mothers na old school....those restaurant parole is waste of money to them...

Na u go chnage her mindset about ur girl... let her know how hardworking she is and that she's not a parasite....

No mother wants her son to marry and extravagant wife....she's just looking out for you..
YOU ARE 99.9% RIGHT! OP food don done...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Name Of This KISS... / Would You Do This For Your Partner (pics) / Singleness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.