Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House (2398 Views)

Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University / Patricia Etteh Decamps From PDP To APC / $3m Bribery Scandal: Ex-speaker Patricia Etteh Blows Hot! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by Bankole01(m): 10:54pm On Aug 23, 2007
ABUJA — A FRESH allegation of account transfer has been levelled at the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mrs. Patricia Etteh, with some members also insinuating that her birthday celebration in Maryland, USA, was a well-orchestrated affair.

www.Vanguard.com

At a time when Yar'Adua has promised a transparent government, it is amazing to see the new speaker of the House award #628million for nenovations of two houses and the purchase of 10 SUVs.

Each house will be renovated for an astounding 232 ans 238 million Naira, while the 10 SUVs (Toyota Land Cruisers) will be purchased for N172.6 million. That translates to $139,000 each!!!

I own a big SUV which cost $39,000!!!! The new Speaker is overcharging to the tune of $100,000 on each SUV!!!

The more things appear to change, the more PDP loots the nation. Man or Woman, they are all crooks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by Planner(m): 3:57pm On Aug 25, 2007
Calling her a crook is too hasty.
Re: Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by PeeDaVinci: 4:32pm On Aug 25, 2007
impeach her- she is starting on a wrong note at a position such act should not be tolerated- she is a disgrace to the likes of dora, oby, okonjo
Re: Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by doyin13(m): 4:36pm On Aug 25, 2007
The whole country is tiring honestly.

if this story is true and i am inclined to believe it,

it simply beggars belief.
Re: Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by Bankole01(m): 4:43pm On Aug 25, 2007
Spending N328 million (enough to build a new house) on renovations alone, is price padding in the extreme.
what are they putting in the house, Gold or Platinium fixtures?
We have seen this time and again. These people attain a position of authority and they go crazy spending our money.
The house is the property of the government and should be renovated by the works department without any imput from the speaker. If she wants anything extra, she should spend her own money.

Ths case of the Toyota Land Cruisers is so glaringly exhorbitant. A 2007 Land Cruiser with all the bells and wistles, sell for $49,000. At the price she claimed of N17.26, each SUV will cost $139,199!  Where on earth is she buying them from? and what are they made of?

The EFCC has to look into these and I will forward a price quote to them.
These crooks have been getting away with so much corruption at the expense of the people.
If Yar'Adua is serious with his transparent utterances, he has to question this new graft which is so glaring.
Why on earth would a sane person need to leave the shores of Nigeria just to celebrate a meaningless birthday in America, if she wasn't power drunk. It is only in Nigeria the you see public officials, spend mony recklessly.
She should be impeached and thrown out of office. This is no longer the corrupt era of Obasanjo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by evergie(m): 4:55pm On Aug 25, 2007
Planner:

Calling her a crook is too hasty.

Do you have another name for her? where is EFCC?

@bankole1 i think you a point there, she should be impeached
Re: Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by DRANOEL(m): 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2007
get the b**ch out of those chambers angry angry
Re: Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by Iman3(m): 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2007
What did you expect from a woman with such underwhelming credentials? Funnily,this goes in some way to repudiate the myth,that women are not as corrupt as men.
Re: Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by tpia: 6:14pm On Aug 25, 2007
I'm so tired of the Nigerian political merry go round.

Every step forward counterbalanced by ten steps backward.
Re: Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by presido1: 9:56pm On Aug 25, 2007
This might be the sweet wind of change posted by aisha2. What do u expect, when a father sends his son to steal, the son breaks the door with his leg. Why na Baba send am.
Re: Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by ono(m): 10:59am On Aug 26, 2007
Methink the thing (stealing) is exclusively a male thing in Nigeria. Now I know better. I'm waiting for the outcome of the House investigation on the matter. If she's found culpable, she should be expunged immediately.
Re: Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by darlingD(m): 11:23am On Aug 26, 2007
ono:

Methink the thing (stealing) is exclusively a male thing in Nigeria. Now I know better. I'm waiting for the outcome of the House investigation on the matter. If she's found culpable, she should be expunged immediately.
yes you are right there
Re: Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by jenny2007(f): 11:41am On Aug 26, 2007
and i really thought that this woman will take a leadership example from okonjo-iweala. wot a shame
Re: Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by vigasimple(m): 7:37pm On Aug 26, 2007
I usually don't like people who simply jump to accussed others of being crooked wihout being found guilty

To renovate official residence for the sort of mind boggling sum need explanation including this SUV purchase.

The other questions are

1. It is possible that the SUV are fixed with security gadget which may made the cost go up astronomically, is it the case here?

2. Why does the cost of the renovation this high ?

3. Are there no ethics and committee to look at works for Assembly and senate works etc?

So, I beg you before your refer to someone crooked let all the due process followed.

Th House can start an impeachment if they think that the speaker is crooked, and in any event she is only just being there for less than 4 months.

Also on Birthday party in America, I find that unnecessary if we are going to be encouraging low keys.

A simple close family thanksgiving service and dinner may have been appopriate especially know the sensitive position she is in.

Lets just say that she is badly advised on this occassion and hope that she will find a way to reedem herself, but I also suspect there are political enemies at work which the speaker should have been aware of.

Majority of people who posted or who are attacking the speaker here are not her fan in the first place, but her appointment is an advancement to the female gender.

Time will tell what kind of speaker we have and she may just be better than people gave her credit for.

May God bless our great country Nigeria, and all of us the citizen and grant the leadership wisdom to lead us right.
Re: Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by zebra(m): 7:39pm On Aug 27, 2007
They will soon cover her up and tell Nigerians that she she is innocent; just wait and see.
Re: Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by vigasimple(m): 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2007
To

Zebra,

What do you think they (and who are they) are going to cover up.

These are informartion that is in public domain already so you and I can monitor it.

The amounted voted for renovation of her official residence is mind boggling but that is what the House of Assembly has approved.

If you or anybody have any evidence of any cover up or wrongdoing take it up with EFCC.

We should always becareful of yabbing community who are just there to aid political opponents or busybudy.

Read what the House has said about the whole saga.

Remain yours truly.
Re: Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by Mamajama(m): 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2007
Nigerians we need to stop attacking people base on what we are reading in the fucking news paper.

Anyone that has brain will know there were process to get government houses renovated in Nigeria. The ministry of housing is responsible for sales and up keep of the houses. If the woman did request for renovation, she can not approve the HUGE amount that was allocated. who approved the Contract. Those are questions that should be asked and not attacking this woman.

As the number 4 highest post in Nigeria. who is her boss?
Re: Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by presido1: 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2007
No sane person in the present condition of things in Nigeria will allow such amount for renovation to even go for approval. If that amount can go for the renovation of her residence as the number 4th person in the hierarchy, then how much will go for the 3rd, 2nd and 1st citizen of nigeria. This is damn too much for us to accomodate although all our yelling might not change anything.
Even if this story is not true their must be an element of truth in it.
Re: Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by Mamajama(m): 10:11pm On Aug 27, 2007
There must be element of truth, but I can bet my life on these. someone higher than her approved the contract. all she can do is ask for her residence to be renovated. maybe she get a kickback from the contract is another issue. Director and the bursars must all approved the work order.
Re: Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by Iman3(m): 11:11pm On Aug 27, 2007
You forgot Irene Chigbue and Kema Chikwe.They are also crooks
Re: Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by vigasimple(m): 4:51pm On Aug 28, 2007
It is very clear that

Me again,

Is one of those tribal warlord that all they are interested in is to YAB and talk about other tribes as if those tribes possesed all the ailment in that particular country.

People like you will go to any lenght to abuse other tribes, I look into your posting and i can see that you are one of the Yoruba bashers.

The topic here is about award of reonavtion of Speaker of the National Assembly official residence and the amount they are going to spend on it.

The contract is not being awarded by Mrs. Etteh , so all this yabbing should have been passed on to the works committee of the national assembly.

Find something else to do if you cannot preach and advocate unity among different tribes of Nigeria.

May God bless our great country Nigeria.
Re: Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by ktmadu(m): 2:20am On Sep 16, 2007
Well, I think it's rather unfortunate that a 'she' should be involved in this kinda mess. Just when the likes of Mrs world bank and Mrs Nafdac have come to show the role of Nigerian women in world development, we have someone being associated with what I choose to call long throat.
Haba, how many days in office? The papers may have bloated it, but know it that there's an atom of truth in every lie.
Re: Patricia Etteh: Another Crooked Speaker Of The House by chidichris(m): 6:52pm On Sep 17, 2007
i am not surprised that she wants such amount or more for renovation but my surprises are coming from the fact that the committee is saying the house was vandalised so by who and what is the government saying about such a terrible vandalisation that is coursing the country such amount of money?
another area of surprise is the amount of meeting been help by the pdp caccus to make sure the woman is not removed from the seat and this is a pdp that is doing everything possible to eradicate corruption in nigeria.
when are we going to start telling ourselves the truth?
efcc and other anti-corruption agents i know are also waiting to get evidence from the citizents before they will get involved.
it is obvious here that as long as the woman belongs to obj, it will still be a do or die affairs and efcc in her usual manners will tell us she is cleaner than she came on earth.
if you want to know how good our anti-corruption agents are now, just grant them interview on this scam. ribadu will make a national call on the nigerian public to bring their reports to efcc on every crime as they are out to make nigeria clean and he will reffer you to the only criminal he knows( orji uzo kalu) who made abia state his personal business. what a shame?

(1) (Reply)

Sir ABUBAKAR TAFAWA: Oh How Times Have Changed; When Life Was Less Complex / Igbo Gov For Delta State? / Frsc Begins Special Patrol Nationwide For Eid-el-fitri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.