Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School (3906 Views)

My Uncle Drove To My House To Report Me Because I Wore A Bikini–Nigerian Lady / See The Guava Tree My Uncle Warned Me Not To Pluck From / A 13-Year-Old Boy Gives Part Of His School Fees To Ice Cream Seller (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by faithfull18(f): 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2022
tommy589:

How much are private school teachers earning except the top league ones. Op said his uncle wish is for them to become teachers in the school. And you think his uncle harbours no ill feelings
Lol, I didn't see that in his main post.
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Kobojunkie: 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2022
GboyegaD:
Guess I was lucky as a kid then.
Yes, you were. undecided
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by grafixdon: 8:08pm On Nov 29, 2022
Your uncle should have given him more befitting job. Common, that's too demeaning. Employ his brother as a gate man? No for me.
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Misterone: 8:12pm On Nov 29, 2022
ExAngel007:
Can't your uncle find any job for him other than that?
it is not the duty of the uncle to find a job for him.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by bukatyne(f): 8:59pm On Nov 29, 2022
I would not feel comfortable in your father or uncle's shoes.

It is like a woman employing her sister as a maid or cleaner.

If I were your uncle, I would make your dad the Chief Security Officer in charge of the gate men, security men and general security.

Since he has taken it, the kids have to ignore the mockery of their peers. Unfortunately, both the kids and the peers are not mature.

You said he wants the older kids to be teachers. Well, If they had more decent jobs, he would not offer.

Funny at Family School: the uncle has probably watched too much African Magic

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Nwaotu10(m): 9:01pm On Nov 29, 2022
Romanoff:
Does your father have any other work experience?
grin grin
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Kobojunkie: 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2022
grafixdon:
Your uncle should have given him more befitting job. Common, that's too demeaning. Employ his brother as a gate man? No for me.
Another thing we don't know is the dynamics of the relationship between the dad and the uncle. undecided
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by abdulhakim3(m): 9:43pm On Nov 29, 2022
bukatyne:

If I were your uncle, I would make your dad the Chief Security Officer in charge of the gate men, security men and general security.

Since he has taken it, the kids have to ignore the mockery of their peers. Unfortunately, both the kids and the peers are not mature.

You said he wants the older kids to be teachers. Well, If they had more decent jobs, he would not offer.

Funny at Family School: the uncle has probably watched too much African Magic

We were in Secondary School when he said this, he didn't even want to me to go to the university but rather a teacher training college.

And to add, me and my brother have no desire in wanting to teach in the school he is the one rather forcing us.
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by wiseone28: 10:06pm On Nov 29, 2022
Definitely from the north
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Candidlady: 10:11pm On Nov 29, 2022
wiseone28:
Definitely from the north

Stewpid being

Dullone

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by wiseone28: 10:14pm On Nov 29, 2022
Candidlady:

Stewpid being
Dullone
Can you gettefuk off my mention gaybriel?

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by JohnnA1: 12:31am On Nov 30, 2022
abdulhakim3:

We were in Secondary School when he said this, he didn't even want to me to go to the university but rather a teacher training college.

And to add, me and my brother have no desire in wanting to teach in the school he is the one rather forcing us.
Look stop trying to paint your uncle bad, he is not responsible for getting your father a job, nor does he owe him money; he even provided your father employment.

Your father can resign if he doesn't want it.

Your uncle cannot force you to do anything you don't want to do.

If you don't like your uncle, you, your brother and your father can simply stay away.

EOD.
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by grandstar(m): 1:53am On Nov 30, 2022
abdulhakim3:
My Uncle employed my father to be a gateman of his private School due to the fact that my father was employed. Me and my brother are students of the school and sometimes were mocked by friends and school. Do you think my Uncle was right in doing this?

How can you afford the fees?
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Nigerfine3: 2:34am On Nov 30, 2022
abdulhakim3:
My Uncle employed my father to be a gateman of his private School due to the fact that my father was employed. Me and my brother are students of the school and sometimes were mocked by friends and school. Do you think my Uncle was right in doing this?
The more you grow the more you understand that money isn’t easy to make. Your dad needs money, if he doesn’t need that job you wouldn’t be the one to tell him to quit. You did not tell us who pays your school fees. Read more, get smart so you can do well in life better than those mocking you.
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Fiscus105(m): 3:09am On Nov 30, 2022
abdulhakim3:

Yet you as a secondary school boy in which his father is a gateman in private school, still have money to buy android phone.

Though I know u culled ur story from TV series, oga landlord
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Nobody: 3:25am On Nov 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. He claims he is psychologically impacted by what he sees happening so it is good he take his concerns to his old man, the one who is best able to help me better process the situation. undecided

2. My guess is OP is simply young and trying to better understand what is happening in his world. Not that he is being ungrateful or any of that sort of thing. He did mention other kids talk about his dad being a gateman at the school so I think his worries are legit and need to be addressed..undecided
actually the boy is still quite naive about the happenings around,for him to take his mates to heart for mocking his dad shows he has a lot of growing up to do.
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Kobojunkie: 3:27am On Nov 30, 2022
omale88:
actually the boy is still quite naive about the happenings around, for him to take his mates to heart for mocking his dad shows he has a lot of growing up to do.
And that is what fathers are there to help with --- advise us on how to handle such issues. undecided
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Nobody: 3:39am On Nov 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
And that is what fathers are there to help with --- advise us on how to handle such issues. undecided
if you are asking my opinion regarding this its simple, he has to accept that his father is a responsible man for taking the job,puting his life at risk for the kids mocking his dad is so much sacrifice they cant afford, secondly he should ignore them because he knows the worth of his father's occupation.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Goodplace: 4:27am On Nov 30, 2022
"[i]Study hard and get good grades that will land you better opportunities in future."

Is that the sure way to success?

God is King.
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Owologbo(m): 5:17am On Nov 30, 2022
ExAngel007:
Can't your uncle find any job for him other than that?

Have you asked him of his father's qualification?
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by 9japride(m): 5:21am On Nov 30, 2022
Though your uncle tried, but there are other options I believe he could have been placed. Most times family relationship is scam. Some friends are even better than siblings. I don't buy the idea that the gateman job is the only job that suit he's level of education. I believe your uncle has connections? I fear who no fear Nigerian/African relations. One can't know the depth of someone heart. To me its not really nice. You guys should hustle hard to take good care of your dad by learning some good skills like programming etc.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Kobojunkie: 5:59am On Nov 30, 2022
Goodplace:

"[i]Study hard and get good grades that will land you better opportunities in future."
Is that the sure way to success?
God is King.
If success in the world is what you seek, leave God alone.. undecided
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by abdulhakim3(m): 9:03am On Nov 30, 2022
Fiscus105:

Yet you as a secondary school boy in which his father is a gateman in private school, still have money to buy android phone.

Though I know u culled ur story from TV series, oga landlord

Lol am no more in Secondary school. Just completed university and doing my national service.
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Fiscus105(m): 9:10am On Nov 30, 2022
abdulhakim3:

Yesterday 29/11, you and your brother were in the school (secondary), today 30/11, you are doing your NYSC.
ANYWAY SINCE VAST MAJORITY OF NAIJA YOUTHS ARE JOBLESS, I THINK PEOPLE ARE MAKING THEMSELVES BUSY, BY WRITING FICTIONS.

......I pity any idiot who will take rubishes writing on faceless public forum to act in real life.
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by abdulhakim3(m): 9:11am On Nov 30, 2022
Nigerfine3:

The more you grow the more you understand that money isn’t easy to make. Your dad needs money, if he doesn’t need that job you wouldn’t be the one to tell him to quit. You did not tell us who pays your school fees. Read more, get smart so you can do well in life better than those mocking you.

I did not pay any fees from primary to jhs because the school is for my uncle. But from Secondary school all through to the university my mom was the one who paid our fees.
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by abdulhakim3(m): 9:15am On Nov 30, 2022
Fiscus105:

Yesterday 29/11, you and your brother were in the school (secondary), today 30/11, you are doing your NYSC.
ANYWAY SINCE VAST MAJORITY OF NAIJA YOUTHS ARE JOBLESS, I THINK PEOPLE ARE MAKING THEMSELVES BUSY, BY WRITING FICTIONS.

......I pity any idiot who will takhe rubishes writing on faceless public forum to act in real life.

Bro this is not fiction. I was referring to when my uncle uttered those words.
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by pocohantas(f): 9:43am On Nov 30, 2022
bukatyne:

Lol. Buka is in utopia.

How many security men does an average private school have? Abi you think say na Atlantic Hall? grin

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Mindlog: 10:11am On Nov 30, 2022
pocohantas:

Lol. Buka is in utopia.

How many security men does an average private school have? Abi you think say na Atlantic Hall? grin

Atlantic Hall na serious ajebutter school from way back in the 90s, when they were operating from Shonibare Estate in Maryland before their relocation to Epe. cheesy
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by kansoboy: 10:15am On Nov 30, 2022
Truth be told, Ur uncle did not try at all. however, let this be a push factor to make u struggle hard to make money...

U see y some ppl join:
yahoo
Money occultic group
Drug trafficking
And other illegal ways just to make money.

It is because of things like this.

But tell Ur self that when I also make money, which u MUST make, u will not treat Ur own brother or sister this way too..

Las Las, Ur uncle na craze man

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by pocohantas(f): 10:15am On Nov 30, 2022
Mindlog:

Atlantic Hall na serious ajebutter school from way back in the 90s, when they were operating from Shonibare Estate in Maryland before their relocation to Epe. cheesy

I used to hear of it as a child and wondered if the kids came to school in PJs. While in SS2 or so, one our teachers got a job in Atlantic Hall, the few days leading to his resignation, his step changed. cheesy
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Mindlog: 10:26am On Nov 30, 2022
pocohantas:

I used to hear it as a child and wondered if the kids came to school in PJs. While in SS2 or so, one our teachers got job in Atlantic Hall, the few days leading to his resignation, his step changed. cheesy

My early education was in Maryland and about 10 mins walk away from Atlantic Hall and a good number of Atlantic Hall students had their younger ones in my primary school, so closing time was usually a display... being snobbish was their calling.....level pass level! cheesy cheesy
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by fortunez1(m): 10:38am On Nov 30, 2022
That should be ur motivation, not attention seeking. I'm sure ur dad isn't as bothered as u, we should learn to always appreciate no matter how small we are offered.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Most Women Maltreat Their Househelps? / Need Help Please. Long Distance Marriage And My Job / Only A Gentleman Can Spot The Wrong Thing About This Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.