Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School (3870 Views)

My Uncle Drove To My House To Report Me Because I Wore A Bikini–Nigerian Lady / See The Guava Tree My Uncle Warned Me Not To Pluck From / A 13-Year-Old Boy Gives Part Of His School Fees To Ice Cream Seller (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by abdulhakim3(m): 5:03pm On Nov 29, 2022
My Uncle employed my father to be a gateman of his private School due to the fact that my father was employed. Me and my brother are students of the school and sometimes were mocked by friends and school. Do you think my Uncle was right in doing this?
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Romanoff(f): 5:08pm On Nov 29, 2022
Does your father have any other work experience?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by ComeHappy(f): 5:12pm On Nov 29, 2022
Hmmmm. Life no easy.
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2022
Is there a better place you feel your father could fit in but was deprived a chance?

Besides gateman is an occupation. Ignore the mockers and naysayers.

8 Likes

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Empiree: 5:14pm On Nov 29, 2022
abdulhakim3:
My Uncle employed my father to be a gateman of his private School due to the fact that my father was employed. Me and my brother are students of the school and sometimes were mocked by friends and school. Do you think my Uncle was right in doing this?
Well, I am sure it is uncomfortable situation but in as much as he is less concerned about áríwó ójà and just focused on his job then no problem. It is a job. He's not stealing. Forget about those people making fun. Fun doesn't stick forever. Gateman job puts food on the table.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by MufasaLion: 5:14pm On Nov 29, 2022
I can't blame your uncle. He probably employed him based on his level of education. Although your father could have asked for another way of help, maybe money for business.

There's no shame in legal work. I just hope he pays him well enough to cater for the family.

14 Likes

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by mii4u(f): 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2022
E get as e be sha

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by ExAngel007(f): 5:20pm On Nov 29, 2022
Can't your uncle find any job for him other than that?

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Urheadmaster(m): 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2022
MufasaLion:
I can't blame your uncle. He probably employed him based on his level of education. Although your father could have asked for another way of help, maybe money for business.

There's no shame in legal work. I just hope he pays him well enough to cater for the family.

This life no balance at all.

His uncle deserves to be appreciated for giving his father the gateman job rather than giving him money which wouldn't have go for the exact reason the money was given to him.

At least, his father won't spend his salary on worthless things.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2022
Your father agreed to do it, what's your own there?

It's a lesson you should learn from and not feel bad about so you don't end up working for your siblings like your dad.

Study hard and get good grades that will land you better opportunities in future.

It is well.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by tommy589(m): 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2022
Let the situation and the free education be the motivation for you and your brother to better your lives

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by MufasaLion: 5:27pm On Nov 29, 2022
Urheadmaster:

This life no balance at all.

His uncle deserves to be appreciated for giving his father the gateman job rather than giving him money which wouldn't have go for the exact reason the money was given to him.

At least, his father wouldn't spend his salary on worthless things.

Exactly, he's actually got no issues with the job but just unhappy because his mates bully and insult him in class.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by abdulhakim3(m): 5:27pm On Nov 29, 2022
Romanoff:
Does your father have any other work experience?

I don't think so
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by abdulhakim3(m): 5:37pm On Nov 29, 2022
tommy589:
Let the situation and the free education be the motivation for you and your brother to better your lives

Sure but my Uncle wants my brother and I to come teach at the school.
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by MufasaLion: 5:41pm On Nov 29, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
Your father agreed to do it, what's your own there?

It's a lesson you should learn from and not feel bad about so you don't end up working for your siblings like your dad.

Study hard and get good grades that will land you better opportunities in future.

It is well.

There's nothing shameful in working for your sibling. It only depends on what the job is.
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Kobojunkie: 5:41pm On Nov 29, 2022
abdulhakim3:
Your father took the job so why blame your uncle? undecided

If your father does not have qualifications for any other available work at the school, there is nothing wrong with him taking the job he is qualified for. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Bluntguy: 5:45pm On Nov 29, 2022
Does your father have a qualification to work in an office? Besides he may have pressured your uncle for employment instead of being idle. Don't blame your uncle for being his brother's keeper.
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by abdulhakim3(m): 5:54pm On Nov 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Your father took the job so why blame your uncle? undecided

If your father does not have qualifications for any other available work at the school, there is nothing wrong with him taking the job he is qualified for. undecided

But don't you think it might affect the kids psychologically.

And my father initially rejected the job, stating his kids were in the school but my Uncle said it is family school.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Romanoff(f): 5:54pm On Nov 29, 2022
abdulhakim3:

I don't think so

That's probably the only work your uncle thinks your dad can do.
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Nov 29, 2022
abdulhakim3:
But don't you think it might affect the kids psychologically.

And my father initially rejected the job, stating his kids were in the school but my Uncle said it is family school.
The one whose acts affect you psychologically is your father. He is responsible for why he is not qualified for better position, is he not? undecided

Family school? What does that mean? I suggest you ask your dad to tell you the real reason why he is working that job. undecided
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by GboyegaD(m): 5:56pm On Nov 29, 2022
At least, he helped him provide for his family. Besides, if your father wasn't the gateman of your school, wouldn't it have been someone else's dad? There's dignity in labor and if anyone tries insulting you, tell them that the job their father does to pay their school fees, your father is also doing his job to pay your school fees. There's nothing to be intimidated about.

I would also advise you focus on your studies, make good grades, and select your friends and then, the bullying will stop. In my days, I use to carry firewood despite living in Festac (if you get what it means) back in the days. I tell my few friends, if you can't help me carry part of my firewood, we have no business walking together.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by GboyegaD(m): 6:04pm On Nov 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The one whose acts affect you psychologically is your father. He is responsible for why he is not qualified for better position, is he not? undecided

Family school? What does that mean? I suggest you ask your dad to tell you the real reason why he is working that job. undecided

Does the father owe him that explanation if the job is providing the basics they need to survive as a family? He is the ungrateful and entitled one here who thinks it is right for other fathers to be gatemen and not his.
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Kobojunkie: 6:08pm On Nov 29, 2022
GboyegaD:
1. Does the father owe him that explanation if the job is providing the basics they need to survive as a family? 2. He is the ungrateful and entitled one here who thinks it is right for other fathers to be gatemen and not his.
1. He claims he is psychologically impacted by what he sees happening so it is good he take his concerns to his old man, the one who is best able to help me better process the situation. undecided

2. My guess is OP is simply young and trying to better understand what is happening in his world. Not that he is being ungrateful or any of that sort of thing. He did mention other kids talk about his dad being a gateman at the school so I think his worries are legit and need to be addressed..undecided

5 Likes

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Kyra1(f): 6:09pm On Nov 29, 2022
Don't listen to those people mocking you and your brother. Ignore them.

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by GboyegaD(m): 6:18pm On Nov 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. He claims he is psychologically impacted by what he sees happening so it is good he take his concerns to his old man, the one who is best able to help me better process the situation. undecided

2. My guess is OP is simply young and trying to better understand what is happening in his world. Not that he is being ungrateful or any of that sort of thing. He did mention other kids talk about his dad being a gateman at the school so I think his worries are legit and need to be addressed..undecided

His worries are legit no doubt and I was thinking the father would have explained why this route to them but, I might be wrong.
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Kobojunkie: 6:19pm On Nov 29, 2022
GboyegaD:
His worries are legit no doubt and I was thinking the father would have explained why this route to them but, I might be wrong.
Most African parents, sadly, do not explain a lot of things to their offspring leaving the kids to stew in what amounts to emotional confusion. undecided

4 Likes

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by GboyegaD(m): 6:23pm On Nov 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Most African parents, sadly, do not explain a lot of things to their offspring leaving the kids to stew in what amounts to emotional confusion. undecided

Guess I was lucky as a kid then.
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by tommy589(m): 6:27pm On Nov 29, 2022
abdulhakim3:

Sure but my Uncle wants my brother and I to come teach at the school.

I think he has an old grudge against your dad and it's payback time. Well,he is not God
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by faithfull18(f): 6:38pm On Nov 29, 2022
tommy589:

I think he has an old grudge against your dad and it's payback time. Well,he is not God
No, I don't think he does, if OP's father had better qualifications I guess he would have employed him as a teacher instead.

OP should focus on why he is there, make good grades and leave.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by edogu(m): 6:53pm On Nov 29, 2022
abdulhakim3:
It depends. Is your father a graduate? If yes, is he still fit to teach? If no, may be that was one of the reasons he was given such a job.

As for what other students think ignore them. What matters is that he has a job through which he can fend for his family and take care of your school fees. Some people have uncles but they are not willing to help.

Also, if you are not comfortable with the job your Dad is doing, let it inspire you positively to study and work harder so you could have a better future compared to him. Ciao�
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by Harddiskng(m): 6:53pm On Nov 29, 2022
Wahala everywhere cheesy

You dad has been looking for work, your Uncle gave him a honest job as gate-man. If your dad has a better offer he should take it and leave the job. I don’t see any problem here.

Your Uncle even tried by providing a means of livelihood for your dad, how many family members dey reach out to render any kind of help to their other family members nowadays undecided
Re: My Uncle Made My Father A Gateman Of His School by tommy589(m): 6:56pm On Nov 29, 2022
faithfull18:

No, I don't think he does, if OP's father had better qualifications I guess he would employed him as a teacher instead.

OP should focus on why he is there, make good grades and leave.

How much are private school teachers earning except the top league ones. Op said his uncle wish is for them to become teachers in the school. And you think his uncle harbours no ill feelings

The uncle is kind by providing employment and free education. But it becomes something else when strings get attached to an helpful gesture

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Your Wife Think Her Pastor Is A God / Maaamaa's Wahala / Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.