Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,284 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? (38061 Views)

I Think Its Fraud Posting A Job Without A Salary Range / What's Salary For Ssce Holder In Hitech Construction Company / How To Respond When Asked: What Salary Were You Expecting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Pojomojo: 5:21pm On Nov 30, 2022
Olabode jnr
Business Development | SaAS Sales Expert | Customer Experience | Business analytics | Ardent advocate for Gender Equality & Climate change .

I was interviewing candidates last week and realised almost all of them have plans of relocating (JAPA).
To make matters worse, the top 3 candidates already have their Visa approved.

With the permission of the HR, i asked them what salary range will make them remain in Nigeria, the response was shocking.

Let's discuss. What salary range can make you remain in Nigeria instead of migrating or Japaing?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Fab21: 6:59pm On Nov 30, 2022
Maybe 500k per month.

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by EngrKemp: 7:24pm On Nov 30, 2022
2.4m naira

101 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by sammirano: 8:02pm On Nov 30, 2022
2million naira monthly only. I'm not greedy

104 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by ObiomaTailor: 8:10pm On Nov 30, 2022
Thief dey una eye

OLEEEEE

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by greatermax77(m): 8:45pm On Nov 30, 2022
Pay me like a Nigerian senator, they aren't better than me

362 Likes 31 Shares

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Waterlilly: 9:29pm On Nov 30, 2022
japa.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by starstaz(m): 9:33pm On Nov 30, 2022
greatermax77:
Max d mad man. U have cracked me up. Naija senator no better than u. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

84 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Akalia(m): 9:55pm On Nov 30, 2022
1m and above.

17 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by QuinModah(f): 10:45pm On Nov 30, 2022
greatermax77:
werey

21 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by QuinModah(f): 11:38pm On Nov 30, 2022
Anyone who will stay in Nigeria because of a higher salary is quite confused about the logic and purpose of their japa. This is basic maths, but nobody pays attention in maths class these days.

To be honest, alot of Nigerian's leaving the country is for a better life standard, and not necessarily money, people are seeking for safety, good health care system, quality education system etc. Trust me with your money in this country you can't afford those, you can't buy safety (ask some generals in the army why their kids are abroad & why they relocate after service and you get the answers you seek) , these are functions of government responsibilities, which they have failed without any form of remorse.

Nigerians are no longer safe in their country, you have a good job, you are prone to be kidnapped, you drive a good car, you can be robbed and killed, kids are spending close to a decade in public universities for a 5years program. The exodus campaign out of the country is based on having quality lifestyle, Nigerians are simply tired of not been safe in their country anymore. The good Job comes with its inherent risks of been killed, robbed, or kidnapped, so trust me is beyond the salary to stay back in a system designed to shorten your life span. fix the country and Nigerians will stay back.

it is not a salary issue. Are you aware there is no middle class in Nigeria again?, a good number of Nigerians are one chronic disease away from poverty. Have we not seen someone that returned back to Nigeria to work at the rate of same salary structure.

This case here depends on the person skill-set, and how important such person is to the firm.

Average entry level salary in UK is

$32,500 = ₦14,428,050.00 yearly.

Let's break it down.

$32500/12 = $2,708 making ₦1,202,189.52 monthly. (Subjected to all statutory deductions)

In short there are many companies that can afford this in Nigeria depending on how skilled you are.

Note: it's not bad to japa and it's not bad to stay back, but it's depends on your purpose.

Let me stop here.

416 Likes 36 Shares

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by emorse(m): 11:56pm On Nov 30, 2022
Can the internet billionaires line up here please? grin grin grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Mrkindness: 12:37am On Dec 01, 2022
1.4M per month I am ok with my family

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Mrkindness: 12:41am On Dec 01, 2022
QuinModah:
Anyone who will stay in Nigeria because of a higher salary is quite confused about the logic and purpose of their japa. This is basic maths, but nobody pays attention in maths class these days.

To be honest, alot of Nigerian's leaving the country is for a better life standard, and not necessarily money, people are seeking for safety, good health care system, quality education system etc. Trust me with your money in this country you can't afford those, you can't buy safety (ask some generals in the army why their kids are abroad & why they relocate after service and you get the answers you seek) , these are functions of government responsibilities, which they have failed without any form of remorse.

Nigerians are no longer safe in their country, you have a good job, you are prone to be kidnapped, you drive a good car, you can be robbed and killed, kids are spending close to a decade in public universities for a 5years program. The exodus campaign out of the country is based on having quality lifestyle, Nigerians are simply tired of not been safe in their country anymore. The good Job comes with its inherent risks of been killed, robbed, or kidnapped, so trust me is beyond the salary to stay back in a system designed to shorten your life span. fix the country and Nigerians will stay back.

it is not a salary issue. Are you aware there is no middle class in Nigeria again?, a good number of Nigerians are one chronic disease away from poverty. Have we not seen someone that returned back to Nigeria to work at the rate of same salary structure.

This case here depends on the person skill-set, and how important such person is to the firm.

Let's break it down.

$32500/12 = $2,708 making ₦1,202,189.52 monthly. (Subjected to all statutory deductions)

In short there are many companies that can afford this in Nigeria depending on how skilled you are.

Note: it's not bad to japa and it's not bad to stay back, but it's depends on your purpose.

Let me stop here.
well spoken

54 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by celestialAgent(m): 1:58am On Dec 01, 2022
QuinModah:

Let's break it down.

Let me stop here.
lol. Your analysis is a joke!

1.2m in Nigeria would avail you a better life than $2708 would avail you in the UK.

You even reached the monthly value without considering taxation, lmao!!!

To all those quoting me saying I’m not exposed, lol. Thank you

But always ask yourself why it seems your families or colleagues abroad usually get more busy than they were in Nigeria once they relocate. They are not avoiding you, they can’t just help working their a** out on multiple jobs to sort the bills.

But let them continue sugarcoating the reality for you, lol!

While they do, ask them the last time they flexed in a clubs, bars, nice events, etc. It's non-existent because they are always working to keep afloat.

All at the expense of their health. Doing crazy night jobs when weather is -4 degrees as a second or third job.

Once you relocate, you struggle to remain a Nigerian because it becomes unrealistic to exhibit a true Nigerian lifestyle. Nigeria is a culture, not just a name.

216 Likes 26 Shares

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by shomutuski(m): 2:06am On Dec 01, 2022
3m

2 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:08am On Dec 01, 2022
200m angry

6 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by CodeTemplar: 5:48am On Dec 01, 2022
A mere N2-3 million PA should do for most depending on locations given the sweeping cost of living crisis in hitherto advanced nations. It is like a €20k PA job in Europe right now.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Hallams(m): 7:01am On Dec 01, 2022
celestialAgent:

1.2m in Nigeria would avail you a better life than $2708 would avail you in the UK.

Exactly,

I don't know why Nigerians are always swift to convert salaries in Euros, Pounds e.t.c to naira when it is obvious we don't spend those currencies here and they don't spend Naira in those countries. I see such comparison as nonse

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by AndroidAI(m): 7:37am On Dec 01, 2022
QuinModah:

Let's break it down.

Let me stop here.

We have a lot of estates in Nigeria where you can find all the above-mentioned. In fact, if you take a picture there it will be like you are in abroad. When you start making millions, leave the ghetto and relocate.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Munamoqel: 8:44am On Dec 01, 2022
QuinModah:

Let's break it down.

Let me stop here.
stop all this currency conversion nonsense. Their is pay parity! and you don't spend naira in the uk . Nurse's , are on strike in the uk. Teacher are leaving for super markets in the uk .so it not easy any way in the uk they pay over 25 of income as tax and career progression is limited with a glass ceiling for migrants. In the uk their is currently stabbings issue and many Nigerians a facing life sentence for stabbings .

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Munamoqel: 8:47am On Dec 01, 2022
Hallams:
Exactly,

I don't know why Nigerians are always swift to convert salaries in Euros, Pounds e.t.c to naira when it is obvious we don't spend those currencies here and they don't spend Naira in those countries. I see such comparison as nonse
that why many are stranded in the UK ! They keep doing currency conversion like they are BDC .UK is a poor wage Nation and top earner are slammed 40 percent tax.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by BigDawsNet: 8:49am On Dec 01, 2022
Pojomojo:
Olabode jnr
Business Development | SaAS Sales Expert | Customer Experience | Business analytics | Ardent advocate for Gender Equality & Climate change .

I was interviewing candidates last week and realised almost all of them have plans of relocating (JAPA).
To make matters worse, the top 3 candidates already have their Visa approved.

With the permission of the HR, i asked them what salary range will make them remain in Nigeria, the response was shocking.

Let's discuss. What salary range can make you remain in Nigeria instead of migrating or Japaing?

700k/m will go along way to keep me in Nigeria + Job security! Nothing like contract, casual staff

4 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Soulsymbol99: 9:44am On Dec 01, 2022
MissLAP:
200m angry

Mbappe dey collect more than dat weekly 4 PSG.make I snd u his contact? wink
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by brodalikeme(m): 9:48am On Dec 01, 2022
None!!
it’s not all about money. In fact, with more money comes the risk of been kidnaps. More money is not a guarantee for quality life in Nigeria. E.g More money doesn’t guarantee that the beef you’re buying from the market was hygienically killed, roasted and sold. Chances are they used tyres to roast it.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Parkflash(f): 9:52am On Dec 01, 2022
It's not all about money for everyone.

Up here in the north, the richer you are, the higher the chances of you or a member of your family getting kidnapped

24 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by LordIsaac(m): 10:21am On Dec 01, 2022
I can begin with 300k kpere grin

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by workchopNG: 11:50am On Dec 01, 2022
celestialAgent:

I guess you didn't understand what that lady wrote. Kindly go back and take time to read it again slowly, then you'll get a better understanding of that her wonderful piece.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by donproject2(m): 1:02pm On Dec 01, 2022
Na weekly I wan dey collect my money, if I dey see like 12.1m per week, I no go comot....wetin I dey find up and down sef

3 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by 9japride(m): 1:08pm On Dec 01, 2022
Hope you will keep funds for security and private jets/helicopter? With all the money available, is there peace of mind?

3 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by ictplotter(m): 1:27pm On Dec 01, 2022
Munamoqel:
that why many are stranded in the UK ! They keep doing currency conversion like they are BDC .UK is a poor wage Nation and top earner are slammed 40 percent tax.
The idiotic poor Nigerians illiterate alway after purchasing power of currency without considering the marginal propensity of earning it.
It's easier for a smart intelligent Nigerian here to earn 20k in naira for services rendered than same Nigerian in uk to earn 5 pounds for same services rendered in uk.

19 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! / Dragnet oil and gas company Aptitude Test may 2012 @ Port harcourt / FAAN Successful Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.