Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,126 members, 7,829,014 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? (38175 Views)

I Think Its Fraud Posting A Job Without A Salary Range / What's Salary For Ssce Holder In Hitech Construction Company / How To Respond When Asked: What Salary Were You Expecting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by gentlezypher: 4:07pm On Dec 09, 2022
100m per annum
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by kabukabu50(m): 4:12pm On Dec 09, 2022
Munamoqel:
stop all this currency conversion nonsense. Their is pay parity! and you don't spend naira in the uk . Nurse's , are on strike in the uk. Teacher are leaving for super markets in the uk .so it not easy any way in the uk they pay over 25 of income as tax and career progression is limited with a glass ceiling for migrants. In the uk their is currently stabbings issue and many Nigerians a facing life sentence for stabbings .

Limited glass ceiling for migrants.

Which is false.

You're talking about illegal migrants.

And even then they get more benefits than they would in their home countries.

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by ohije(m): 4:14pm On Dec 09, 2022
Your submission is intelligently laid out and very informative. The best and most brilliant piece I have read today. Thank you.

QuinModah:
Anyone who will stay in Nigeria because of a higher salary is quite confused about the logic and purpose of their japa. This is basic maths, but nobody pays attention in maths class these days.

To be honest, alot of Nigerian's leaving the country is for a better life standard, and not necessarily money, people are seeking for safety, good health care system, quality education system etc. Trust me with your money in this country you can't afford those, you can't buy safety (ask some generals in the army why their kids are abroad & why they relocate after service and you get the answers you seek) , these are functions of government responsibilities, which they have failed without any form of remorse.

Nigerians are no longer safe in their country, you have a good job, you are prone to be kidnapped, you drive a good car, you can be robbed and killed, kids are spending close to a decade in public universities for a 5years program. The exodus campaign out of the country is based on having quality lifestyle, Nigerians are simply tired of not been safe in their country anymore. The good Job comes with its inherent risks of been killed, robbed, or kidnapped, so trust me is beyond the salary to stay back in a system designed to shorten your life span. fix the country and Nigerians will stay back.

it is not a salary issue. Are you aware there is no middle class in Nigeria again?, a good number of Nigerians are one chronic disease away from poverty. Have we not seen someone that returned back to Nigeria to work at the rate of same salary structure.

This case here depends on the person skill-set, and how important such person is to the firm.

Average entry level salary in UK is

$32,500 = ₦14,428,050.00 yearly.

Let's break it down.

$32500/12 = $2,708 making ₦1,202,189.52 monthly. (Subjected to all statutory deductions)

In short there are many companies that can afford this in Nigeria depending on how skilled you are.

Note: it's not bad to japa and it's not bad to stay back, but it's depends on your purpose.

Let me stop here.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by seanwilliam(m): 4:15pm On Dec 09, 2022
I don’t think people relocate because of money , cos person wey sha one relocate go uk or USA go own nothing less down 10m, and if you have that in Nigeria. You’re in upper classs.

But left to me , I honestly don’t plan to leave Nigeria and go and be husling abroad for money.. maybe I can for study. It’s not just my thing to relocate purposely because of job. I can always go there for vacations and medical appointments… but I plan to send my kids over there for education .

But if you no want me for abroad atall, 10m monthly go do. grin

5 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by sisisioge: 4:15pm On Dec 09, 2022
Angelfrost:

Dear friend, I'm well traveled and have done my research.

Over 70 percent of working Nigerians will kill for a salary as high as 300k per month! Don't argue this... Ask around!

How many Pharmacists, Nurses, even Doctors earn up that as basic monthly salary?!! And these are supposed to be the pillars of the nation's healthcare industry.

I know and agree that some (not plenty) Nigerians earn even more than that and can't live comfortably (they know why)...!

Some even earn up to 400k to 500k per month and perpetually live in debts! This is real!

Abroad, it's the same thing...! There are people earning over 12000 Dollars monthly, yet live in debts and constantly whine!

Make we dey talk realistically abeg...!

There is a difference between comfort and wealth! I have been talking about relative comfort since!

Go to states like Ogun, Edo, Kano, Imo, Delta, etc... People earning over 250k per month are balling in their own way and lane!

I just left naija not too long ago, was single, was in HR and earned close to that 700k as my net. Yet I left. I had friends who left earning close to twice that amount but still left. You are correct, comfort is relative, simply living in a comfy apartment, driving comfy car and being able to afford good food might be enough for some, while others need beyond that to feel comfortable. The salary scaled up significantly in naija since January 2022....the fresh from NYSC doctors in a hospital I worked with earned 300k while those with experience earned as much as 1.2m. Dont even think it....salaries had scaled way higher than you thought.

Let me add that those doing japa runs spending close to 40m aren't all borrowing fa....where do you think the savings came from?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:16pm On Dec 09, 2022
Karleb:

God will provide for you my brother. undecided

Amen cry cry cry
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by konvicted77: 4:16pm On Dec 09, 2022
QuinModah:
Anyone who will stay in Nigeria because of a higher salary is quite confused about the logic and purpose of their japa. This is basic maths, but nobody pays attention in maths class these days.

To be honest, alot of Nigerian's leaving the country is for a better life standard, and not necessarily money, people are seeking for safety, good health care system, quality education system etc. Trust me with your money in this country you can't afford those, you can't buy safety (ask some generals in the army why their kids are abroad & why they relocate after service and you get the answers you seek) , these are functions of government responsibilities, which they have failed without any form of remorse.

Nigerians are no longer safe in their country, you have a good job, you are prone to be kidnapped, you drive a good car, you can be robbed and killed, kids are spending close to a decade in public universities for a 5years program. The exodus campaign out of the country is based on having quality lifestyle, Nigerians are simply tired of not been safe in their country anymore. The good Job comes with its inherent risks of been killed, robbed, or kidnapped, so trust me is beyond the salary to stay back in a system designed to shorten your life span. fix the country and Nigerians will stay back.

it is not a salary issue. Are you aware there is no middle class in Nigeria again?, a good number of Nigerians are one chronic disease away from poverty. Have we not seen someone that returned back to Nigeria to work at the rate of same salary structure.

This case here depends on the person skill-set, and how important such person is to the firm.

Average entry level salary in UK is

$32,500 = ₦14,428,050.00 yearly.

Let's break it down.

$32500/12 = $2,708 making ₦1,202,189.52 monthly. (Subjected to all statutory deductions)

In short there are many companies that can afford this in Nigeria depending on how skilled you are.

Note: it's not bad to japa and it's not bad to stay back, but it's depends on your purpose.

Let me stop here.
are you sure you understood the question ⁉️.
OP said how much will you be paid as SALARY to stay in Nigeria.
nobody asked u for ur comparison.
recieve sense.

3 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by kaywhy09(m): 4:17pm On Dec 09, 2022
Venom11:

How bro

I gat skill that can fetch me much more if I set aside 100k monthly.

If you gat link for job of such range, it'll do me well please wink
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by seanwilliam(m): 4:18pm On Dec 09, 2022
uniquetechng:
N300k a month and comfortably can't be in the same sentence in Nigeria of present, spent over 70k on fueling generator and two cars monthly, feeding gulp over 180k , electricity takes 15k , my kids school bus takes 35k for three of them and other miscellaneous expenses that amount to over 50k monthly.
I didn't even factor in savings for rent and my kids school fees, bro for you to live comfortably in Nigeria you have to earn minimum of N700k monthly.

You’re absolutely right.
Also the more you earn the more you spend
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Munamoqel: 4:18pm On Dec 09, 2022
kabukabu50:

Limited glass ceiling for migrants.

Which is false.

You're talking about illegal migrants.

And even then they get more benefits than they would in their home countries.
Most are in jobs with no progress like looking after old so no glass there .
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 09, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
50000 naira a month honestly and I will stay in Nigeria.
grin grin grin
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by luluosas(m): 4:19pm On Dec 09, 2022
I am not in any salary work, and my business is struggling. But I will remain here for the time being. Can you help me?
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by SmartyPants(m): 4:20pm On Dec 09, 2022
pocohantas:

grin grin Maybe na she pursue all the middle class. I laughed reading that.

cheesy it must have been her o. Coz the confidence no be here.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Johnchrix(m): 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2022
FuckOsuPigs:

I earn N13m per annum and I have a chat with the regional head of a top bank tomorrow for possible switch in which I'm going to ask for N18m. But I will still japa before the year runs out by God's grace.

It's no longer about money.

Boss please can u help me with 200k to solve pressing needs even if as a loan

2 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by EmekaA125(m): 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2022
Waterlilly:
japa.....
U wan jakpa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Johnchrix(m): 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Amen cry cry cry

Boos u be oga already na
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by celestialAgent(m): 4:24pm On Dec 09, 2022
JBArokonkwo1:

Oga how much of 1.2m will give you 24 hours electricity without noise being generated all in the name to provide electricity? If u mention inverter,what capacity of inverter do u need to carry all appliances in your house 24hrs in a week?

What do u use to charge your inverter batteries?

If u have a stroke,how well will u get an emergency response in nija compared to UK?
NHS if free for all! We don't pay a dime to access health care here!

Kidnapping is only seen in horror movies/nollywood movies here!

Young man,u have made a joke of yourself ,including those liking your post......

Now run along.....
lol, quote me when you are ready to talk about the extended wait with NHS.

Or is it not this same UK I’m in, lol!

You will gain nothing in sugarcoating reality when comparing. UK is better, yes, but there is a condition for comparison in this context

2 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Kaycee54321(m): 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
50000 naira a month honestly and I will stay in Nigeria.

Lol. This man
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by wethebest(m): 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2022
AndroidAI:

We have a lot of estates in Nigeria where you can find all the above-mentioned. In fact, if you take a picture there it will be like you are in abroad. When you start making millions, leave the ghetto and relocate.

No mind dem. Even in that Uk their are trenches and they hardly snap pic in those areas. Who no go no knw. Come live for estate in Abuja, Lagos, bony island, ph. U go forget say na Nigeria u dey. Once u hv money, u can enjoy gud life anywr. Even those in UK re not even balling or enjoying life cox they can't afford it. Na hard labour wan finish dem. Many couldn't pay flight ticket to another country for vacation dis December cox of inflation bt u see business men here in Nigeria taking their families on vacation without feeling it. Abroad nd japa stories is becoming too boring to listen to. I live in Nigeria n i earn well as senior backend developer more dan those living in UK. If i wanna go to any country for vacation, i can afford it. If u can't b useful to urself in Nigeria, u will only slave and work for money to pay bills in abroad.

10 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Akalia(m): 4:27pm On Dec 09, 2022
Waper2:

Rather japa instead of 1m
Baba you will enjoy Nigeria more than Yankee if you get money. The freedom you have here in Nigeria is not obtainable in Yankee.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by elijah101(m): 4:27pm On Dec 09, 2022
Please sir , for the love of God , relocate back to Nigeria with your family … please do this … sheybi na small us take better … just come and stay for like 10 years … please
xandy84:
After reading all your writeup, I concluded you're a Nigerian who think UK or US is paradise. Having lived in US for 10 years, I can tell you there ara higher rates of murder per capital in US than Nigeria. There is higher rate of getting carjack in DC than in Lagos.. don't argue but check the facts and figures and you will come to same conclusion. The quality of public schools sucks that I had to send my daughter to private school and that bill is leaving a hole in my wallets.
US/UK is little better than Nigeria but not as people think. Have it at the back of your mind no lizard will leave Naija and turn to crocodile in America.

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2022
DrLevi:
grin grin grin

Men it's best to just start thinking and talking like them agbadorians o grin grin
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Cutehector(m): 4:29pm On Dec 09, 2022
None, the system is messed up
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by seanwilliam(m): 4:29pm On Dec 09, 2022
netmillionaires:
You didn't understand the writeup you quoted. Read it up again. He is simply saying some people earn that money per month here is Nigeria and wouldn't have reasons to travel abroad but the reason they chose to go is because of things other than monetary inducements.

if you japa because of insecurity, when you old, u no go come back ? Dem no go kidnap u?
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Wickedfacts: 4:30pm On Dec 09, 2022
If anyone has a profitable business in Naija with a monthly revenue of more than 1M and you intend to japa, hit me up. I am buying up those kinds of businesses.

Business with 1M/Per month revenues, you want to japa, I'll make you an offer.

Some of you deserve to suffer and you will travel to the ends of the earth to look for that suffering. Make una dey go, just sell me your businesses.

8 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by SpatialKing(m): 4:30pm On Dec 09, 2022
Fab21:
Maybe 500k per month.

Hahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree / What To Know About 2016 Police Recruitment Before April First / Federal Judicial Service Commision Recruitment 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.