Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? (38180 Views)

I Think Its Fraud Posting A Job Without A Salary Range / What's Salary For Ssce Holder In Hitech Construction Company / How To Respond When Asked: What Salary Were You Expecting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by celestialAgent(m): 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2022
Qatar2022:

What of good life and sure security in UK
Sure security, lol. I can mention some areas where you dare not walk alone at night without paying close attention to the environment.

Research!!!
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by kay29000(m): 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2022
If I have a job and I get paid (regularly /on time) 5 million naira every month, I'm not going no where. I have so many businesses already, and that money will be funneled into those businesses. In no time, na me go dey travel go Yankee go give my friends and family dollars. grin

4 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by seanwilliam(m): 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2022
Tannhauser:
None, there's no amount you can pay me to go back to that toxic environment. Most Nigerians are wicked and stu.pid and are proud to show off their stupid.ity. No rational and intelligent person can stay in Nigeria without loosing their mind.

Tueh.
ensure you die for that abroad wey u Dey o . Cos if u come Nigeria u go collect wotowoto.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by EngrKemp: 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2022
Tingotoe:
Are you Buhari? grin
The expectations of the righteous can not be cut off
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by kay29000(m): 4:35pm On Dec 09, 2022
QuinModah:
Anyone who will stay in Nigeria because of a higher salary is quite confused about the logic and purpose of their japa. This is basic maths, but nobody pays attention in maths class these days.

To be honest, alot of Nigerian's leaving the country is for a better life standard, and not necessarily money, people are seeking for safety, good health care system, quality education system etc. Trust me with your money in this country you can't afford those, you can't buy safety (ask some generals in the army why their kids are abroad & why they relocate after service and you get the answers you seek) , these are functions of government responsibilities, which they have failed without any form of remorse.

Nigerians are no longer safe in their country, you have a good job, you are prone to be kidnapped, you drive a good car, you can be robbed and killed, kids are spending close to a decade in public universities for a 5years program. The exodus campaign out of the country is based on having quality lifestyle, Nigerians are simply tired of not been safe in their country anymore. The good Job comes with its inherent risks of been killed, robbed, or kidnapped, so trust me is beyond the salary to stay back in a system designed to shorten your life span. fix the country and Nigerians will stay back.

it is not a salary issue. Are you aware there is no middle class in Nigeria again?, a good number of Nigerians are one chronic disease away from poverty. Have we not seen someone that returned back to Nigeria to work at the rate of same salary structure.

This case here depends on the person skill-set, and how important such person is to the firm.

Average entry level salary in UK is

$32,500 = ₦14,428,050.00 yearly.

Let's break it down.

$32500/12 = $2,708 making ₦1,202,189.52 monthly. (Subjected to all statutory deductions)

In short there are many companies that can afford this in Nigeria depending on how skilled you are.

Note: it's not bad to japa and it's not bad to stay back, but it's depends on your purpose.

Let me stop here.

Like people don't get killed and robbed in Yankee. Just the other day, my brother was robbed and beat up at gunpoint. He was almost unrecognisable... It Never happened to him when he was in naija. I get the social amenities part though.

5 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by kay29000(m): 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2022
celestialAgent:
lol. Your analysis is a joke!

1.2m in Nigeria would avail you a better life than $2708 would avail you in the UK.

You even reached the monthly value without considering taxation, lmao!!!

Don't mind her. She doesn't know how crazy tax is over there.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Venom11(m): 4:37pm On Dec 09, 2022
kaywhy09:

I gat skill that can fetch me much more if I set aside 100k monthly.

If you gat link for job of such range, it'll do me well please wink
Bro which kin skill I fit sharply gain within few months to earn small?
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by kay29000(m): 4:40pm On Dec 09, 2022
celestialAgent:
It's just plain ridiculous.

When they get on foreign soil, they will understand why Nigeria abroad are usually not accessible online as it used to be when they were in Nigeria.

It's a lot about WORK and Bills

I swear. My brother is now Mr. Quick One... Cos that's what he says when he calls or sends a very short voice note. He is always in a rush... Always in a hurry to end the call, talking super fast. No time to even enjoy the money cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by kay29000(m): 4:41pm On Dec 09, 2022
grandstar:

Many speak out of ignorance.

A 4bedroom terrace around Ealing London went for about £4,000 monthly in 2020. A 2 bedroom would be half. That is your monthly salary gone already.

Meanwhile with 1.2m in Nigeria, you can get the equivalent for between 2-2.5m for a full year in Opebi. Thats just 2 month salary here in Nigeria.

Exactly. When my friends tell me how much they pay for monthly rent in Yankee, I go just open mouth.

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 09, 2022
Lol. So many wishful thinking up there. The truth is people go still de this country even if they earn way less tbh. All this one na just scope!
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by celestialAgent(m): 4:43pm On Dec 09, 2022
kay29000:

I swear. My brother is now Mr. Quick One... Cos that's what he says when he calls or sends a very short voice note. He is always in a rush... Always in a hurry to end the call, talking super fast. No time to even enjoy the money cheesy
I’m just laughing at all my mentions.
Like, lol. These guys don't know what's up.

You hardly see Nigerians in clubs here cos they are either at the second or third job during club hours. Crazy!

8 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by SalemIfeanyi1(m): 4:44pm On Dec 09, 2022
Lol, shebi na person wey dey alive for naija go go work ni??

celestialAgent:

1.2m in Nigeria would avail you a better life than $2708 would avail you in the UK.

To all those quoting me saying I’m not exposed, lol. Thank you

But always ask yourself why it seems your families or colleagues abroad usually get more busy than they were in Nigeria once they relocate. They are not avoiding you, they can’t just help working their a** out on multiple jobs to sort the bills.

But let them continue sugarcoating the reality for you, lol!

While they do, ask then the last time they flexed in a clubs, bars, nice events, etc. It's non-existent because they are always working to keep afloat.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by iamwebguru: 4:45pm On Dec 09, 2022
Transitioning into tech is one step at a time, you need to start from somewhere and later move to another.

But the most important thing is when you start from somewhere you already had the technical background.

If you're really serious and you know what you're doing, have prepared a basic web design course for total beginners.

This course will take you from beginner level to become a professional website designer in 4 weeks for free?

This is absolutely insane. You’ll never see anything like this anywhere in the world.

Having a relevant skill will always put you miles ahead of people who don’t.

Imagine learning a skill like website design. You can live in Auchi and your skill will be useful to companies in Australia and Canada.

That’s because such skills are borderless. You can apply them in any part of the world and make good money.

You can work from anywhere and never have to worry about waking up early to prepare for work or get stressed out by traffic.

With such relevant skills, you can live anywhere in Nigeria and earn good money in dollars because you offered your skill to a company in Mexico.

I understand that learning how to build a website may be expensive, but what if you can learn from one of the very best at a super affordable rate?

For free you can become a professional website designer in less than 4 weeks.

This detailed video course will hold your hand and teach you everything you need to know step-by-step about designing quality websites.

In this course, you will learn how to design quality and excellent websites from start to finish.

All for free.

This offer will only be available for a limited time.

So if I were you, I’ll grab the offer right away with both hands.

Get started by clicking on this link https://learndigitalskillz.com/wd-course-optin
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Wickedfacts: 4:51pm On Dec 09, 2022
celestialAgent:
I’m just laughing at all my mentions.
Like, lol. These guys don't know what's up.

You hardly see Nigerians in clubs here cos they are either at the second or third job during club hours. Crazy!

I was in the UK this year to play and relax a bit, went to watch some matches. While in the stadium, my japa brothers were selling stuff, washing plates and picking up dirt. They couldn't even watch matches.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by akin9ja78(m): 4:52pm On Dec 09, 2022
For a start 350k
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by planetx: 4:53pm On Dec 09, 2022
This people talk about leaving Nigeria for things like health care lol, you are in for a rude awakening when you find out about the so called free health care in countries like the UK and Canada

2 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Lana75(f): 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2022
You have said it all bro. Well doneost=118809336]Anyone who will stay in Nigeria because of a higher salary is quite confused about the logic and purpose of their japa. This is basic maths, but nobody pays attention in maths class these days.

To be honest, alot of Nigerian's leaving the country is for a better life standard, and not necessarily money, people are seeking for safety, good health care system, quality education system etc. Trust me with your money in this country you can't afford those, you can't buy safety (ask some generals in the army why their kids are abroad & why they relocate after service and you get the answers you seek) , these are functions of government responsibilities, which they have failed without any form of remorse.

Nigerians are no longer safe in their country, you have a good job, you are prone to be kidnapped, you drive a good car, you can be robbed and killed, kids are spending close to a decade in public universities for a 5years program. The exodus campaign out of the country is based on having quality lifestyle, Nigerians are simply tired of not been safe in their country anymore. The good Job comes with its inherent risks of been killed, robbed, or kidnapped, so trust me is beyond the salary to stay back in a system designed to shorten your life span. fix the country and Nigerians will stay back.

it is not a salary issue. Are you aware there is no middle class in Nigeria again?, a good number of Nigerians are one chronic disease away from poverty. Have we not seen someone that returned back to Nigeria to work at the rate of same salary structure.

This case here depends on the person skill-set, and how important such person is to the firm.

Let's break it down.

$32500/12 = $2,708 making ₦1,202,189.52 monthly. (Subjected to all statutory deductions)

In short there are many companies that can afford this in Nigeria depending on how skilled you are.

Note: it's not bad to japa and it's not bad to stay back, but it's depends on your purpose.

Let me stop here.[/quote]
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 09, 2022
When I start earning passively and earning more than what I spend i am ok.i like the average life and trying to help people who are in need.the need I am talking about is the one that if I help you once ,it will change your life forever.i want to help at least 100 people that will help others .just like "multi -level help"."that way the marathon continues". cool
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by uniquetechng: 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2022
seanwilliam:

You’re absolutely right.
Also the more you earn the more you spend
definitely, my brother the higher you earn the higher your expenses, especially with cost of goods and services increasing daily.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by mailemy(m): 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2022
Why do you lot always converts our naira to dollars and pounds as if you live in Nigeria. That amount can majorly pay Bill's over there. The person that earns equivalent in Nigeria is far better of.

4 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by planetx: 5:00pm On Dec 09, 2022
gimakon2:
Salary to keep me in a country fighting Civil war?
Because it has not gotten to a full fledged war yet right and reach una where una day?

Una no day serious. even if paid 5 billion a month, i go still japa. No be country be this!
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by njubu: 5:01pm On Dec 09, 2022
celestialAgent:

To all those quoting me saying I’m not exposed, lol. Thank you

But always ask yourself why it seems your families or colleagues abroad usually get more busy than they were in Nigeria once they relocate. They are not avoiding you, they can’t just help working their a** out on multiple jobs to sort the bills.

But let them continue sugarcoating the reality for you, lol!

While they do, ask them the last time they flexed in a clubs, bars, nice events, etc. It's non-existent because they are always working to keep afloat.

All at the expense of their health. Doing crazy night jobs when weather is -4 degrees as a second or third job.

Once you relocate, you struggle to remain a Nigerian because it becomes unrealistic to exhibit a true Nigerian lifestyle. Nigeria is a culture, not just a name.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by FireUpNow(m): 5:03pm On Dec 09, 2022
Japaing is better
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Psalm91v7(m): 5:03pm On Dec 09, 2022
Maybe like $500k per month, 8 hour per day, weekend excluded.

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Cromagnon: 5:04pm On Dec 09, 2022
QuinModah:
werey
yeah they are
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by KennethEnyi(m): 5:04pm On Dec 09, 2022
I cannot even stay for 10B
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by MrBroke(m): 5:05pm On Dec 09, 2022
Funny how you compare Nigeria to UK in terms of salary and you didn't care to do the same for taxes, cost of living and the housing market. A lot of Nigerians are just short sighted, go to the UK and collect that average salary and see what it gets you. If you want the same salary as the English in Nigeria then you are being greedy and let me tell you that will never happen

4 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Cromagnon: 5:07pm On Dec 09, 2022
QuinModah:
Anyone who will stay in Nigeria because of a higher salary is quite confused about the logic and purpose of their japa. This is basic maths, but nobody pays attention in maths class these days.

Let's break it down.

Let me stop here.
you do realize you can buy security with 2 million a month right?
You can buy Healthcare and education or what do you think they do abroad or you think it falls from heaven?
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by planetx: 5:10pm On Dec 09, 2022
A lot of you Nigerians are suffering from what I call a severe form of colonial brainwashing.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by netmillionaires(m): 5:12pm On Dec 09, 2022
You don't understand the point of the argument. I did7n't take a stand for or against the person I quoted. I simply stated that s/he is saying almost the same thing with the person s/he mentioned without realizing it.

seanwilliam:
if you japa because of insecurity, when you old, u no go come back ? Dem no go kidnap u?
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by 2O17: 5:12pm On Dec 09, 2022
25,000 USD per month.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Pootle: 5:26pm On Dec 09, 2022
the problem of nigerians is contentment, and we lack that in this country. greed, selfishness, and wickedness has eating so deep in us.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Federal Judicial Service Commision Recruitment 2015 / Schedule Of Activities For The 2016 Nigerian AirForce Recruitment Exercise / Would You Attend This Type Of Interview?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.