Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? (38172 Views)

I Think Its Fraud Posting A Job Without A Salary Range / What's Salary For Ssce Holder In Hitech Construction Company / How To Respond When Asked: What Salary Were You Expecting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by FuckOsuPigs: 3:08pm On Dec 09, 2022
Fab21:
Maybe 500k per month.

I earn N13m per annum and I have a chat with the regional head of a top bank tomorrow for possible switch in which I'm going to ask for N18m. But I will still japa before the year runs out by God's grace.

It's no longer about money.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Waper2(m): 3:09pm On Dec 09, 2022
ObiomaTailor:
Thief dey una eye

OLEEEEE
They are not far from the truth, just to leave averagely.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Jaycee07(m): 3:09pm On Dec 09, 2022
QuinModah:
Anyone who will stay in Nigeria because of a higher salary is quite confused about the logic and purpose of their japa. This is basic maths, but nobody pays attention in maths class these days.

To be honest, alot of Nigerian's leaving the country is for a better life standard, and not necessarily money, people are seeking for safety, good health care system, quality education system etc. Trust me with your money in this country you can't afford those, you can't buy safety (ask some generals in the army why their kids are abroad & why they relocate after service and you get the answers you seek) , these are functions of government responsibilities, which they have failed without any form of remorse.

Nigerians are no longer safe in their country, you have a good job, you are prone to be kidnapped, you drive a good car, you can be robbed and killed, kids are spending close to a decade in public universities for a 5years program. The exodus campaign out of the country is based on having quality lifestyle, Nigerians are simply tired of not been safe in their country anymore. The good Job comes with its inherent risks of been killed, robbed, or kidnapped, so trust me is beyond the salary to stay back in a system designed to shorten your life span. fix the country and Nigerians will stay back.

it is not a salary issue. Are you aware there is no middle class in Nigeria again?, a good number of Nigerians are one chronic disease away from poverty. Have we not seen someone that returned back to Nigeria to work at the rate of same salary structure.

This case here depends on the person skill-set, and how important such person is to the firm.

Average entry level salary in UK is

$32,500 = ₦14,428,050.00 yearly.

Let's break it down.

$32500/12 = $2,708 making ₦1,202,189.52 monthly. (Subjected to all statutory deductions)

In short there are many companies that can afford this in Nigeria depending on how skilled you are.

Note: it's not bad to japa and it's not bad to stay back, but it's depends on your purpose.

Let me stop here.

Spot on!!! Absolutely true.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by airsaylongcome: 3:09pm On Dec 09, 2022
Angelfrost:
Realistically, under this poor leadership of APC with the global inflation...

Anything less than #1200/hour is slavery and poverty!

Especially if you're a professional and highly knowledgeable in your field or niche!

N1,200/hr or N12,000/hr. US minimum wage at $7
.50/hr is already N5,475.00 per hour and I would not accept that as starting wage even when living in Naija
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 09, 2022
Qatar2022:

Idiot , what if the person refused to come back to Nigeria again as you going to kill the person
I don't care and don't give a Bleep about what any fucker does with his or her life I was just giving my take on what they SAID TALKING FROM EXPERIENCE.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Waper2(m): 3:10pm On Dec 09, 2022
Akalia:
1m and above.
Rather japa instead of 1m
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by fiercehillz(m): 3:10pm On Dec 09, 2022
At least 1.4 Million naira per Month
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 09, 2022
Qatar2022:

Idiot , what if the person refused to come back to Nigeria again as you going to kill the person
See this one.. I don't give a Bleep ABOUT WHAT ANY FUCKER DOES. IM JUST TALKING FROM EXPERIENCE.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Elidrisy20: 3:13pm On Dec 09, 2022
Aso rock villa
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Wapgod(m): 3:13pm On Dec 09, 2022
50,000,000 per month
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 09, 2022
No matter how much I earn, insecurity can't make me stay in Nigeria. Before you know it, your colleague will arrange your kidnap and demand for ransom.

6 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by silibaba: 3:16pm On Dec 09, 2022
Pojomojo:
Olabode jnr
Business Development | SaAS Sales Expert | Customer Experience | Business analytics | Ardent advocate for Gender Equality & Climate change .

I was interviewing candidates last week and realised almost all of them have plans of relocating (JAPA).
To make matters worse, the top 3 candidates already have their Visa approved.

With the permission of the HR, i asked them what salary range will make them remain in Nigeria, the response was shocking.

Let's discuss. What salary range can make you remain in Nigeria instead of migrating or Japaing?
I have been there and back in time, and I can say I prefer Nigeria more than the western countries. I prefer going to china to do business and return or go to Dubai on vacation and return. But you see hustling, no matter what, I prefer staying back here hustling.

13 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Tingotoe: 3:17pm On Dec 09, 2022
EngrKemp:
2.4m naira
Are you Buhari? grin

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by kaywhy09(m): 3:18pm On Dec 09, 2022
200k consistently. I'll multiply that over time.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Angelfrost(m): 3:18pm On Dec 09, 2022
airsaylongcome:

N1,200/hr or N12,000/hr. US minimum wage at $7
.50/hr is already N5,475.00 per hour and I would not accept that as starting wage even when living in Naija

I get your point... However, Minimum wage is country specific.

You can't do a direct comparison please. It doesn't work that way.

For instance, a medical doctor in America can not take home anything shy of or less than 100 Dollars per hour... Which gives him a relatively comfy standard of living after taxes.

Can you or will you now say that a doctor here in Nigeria has to earn the exact same equivalent in Naira to have a comfy standard of living?!! As in 75,000 Naira per hour?!!!

Note that the figure I quoted earlier is not for highly skilled individuals or high functioning professionals.

You can't tell me that an average Nigerian earning up to 300k a month can't live comfortably...!

2 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Mrnairalandd: 3:18pm On Dec 09, 2022
QuinModah:
Anyone who will stay in Nigeria because of a higher salary is quite confused about the logic and purpose of their japa. This is basic maths, but nobody pays attention in maths class these days.

To be honest, alot of Nigerian's leaving the country is for a better life standard, and not necessarily money, people are seeking for safety, good health care system, quality education system etc. Trust me with your money in this country you can't afford those, you can't buy safety (ask some generals in the army why their kids are abroad & why they relocate after service and you get the answers you seek) , these are functions of government responsibilities, which they have failed without any form of remorse.

Nigerians are no longer safe in their country, you have a good job, you are prone to be kidnapped, you drive a good car, you can be robbed and killed, kids are spending close to a decade in public universities for a 5years program. The exodus campaign out of the country is based on having quality lifestyle, Nigerians are simply tired of not been safe in their country anymore. The good Job comes with its inherent risks of been killed, robbed, or kidnapped, so trust me is beyond the salary to stay back in a system designed to shorten your life span. fix the country and Nigerians will stay back.

it is not a salary issue. Are you aware there is no middle class in Nigeria again?, a good number of Nigerians are one chronic disease away from poverty. Have we not seen someone that returned back to Nigeria to work at the rate of same salary structure.

This case here depends on the person skill-set, and how important such person is to the firm.

Let's break it down.

$32500/12 = $2,708 making ₦1,202,189.52 monthly. (Subjected to all statutory deductions)

In short there are many companies that can afford this in Nigeria depending on how skilled you are.

Note: it's not bad to japa and it's not bad to stay back, but it's depends on your purpose.

Let me stop here.

All the bad things you mentioned about Nigeria happens here in USA and of course Europe. The only difference is that they know how to manage their bad news while Nigerians are good at badmouthing their country.

If you ask me, Nigerians are the worst citizens any country would wish to have citizens. Having been to at least 60% of Africa countries except North Africa countries excluding Egypt, i can tell you for a fact that Nigerians are lucky but too greedy and materialistic to see what they are enjoying.

In most Africa countries, what Nigerians called poverty is what is seen as a normal life while Nigeria middle class is their millionaire or billionaire lifestyle.

I am not saying Nigeria is perfect but most crimes that take place in Nigeria is a child play compare to crimes in USA/UK but they managed their news well. You talk about medical facilities abroad, i laughed, in UK if you r not careful, you ll die of ordinary fever despite going to hospital 4 times in a week.

Let tell you about a common practice in UK health sector, you are sick terribly and decide to call your local medical hospital for an appointment, trust me, you ll be embarrassed as to the questions the receptionist ll be asking you. The reception ll insist you see a Nurse instead of a Doctor. More often than not, they are rude as Bleep. A lot of Nigerians died in Europe due to medical issue that would have been easily diagnosed in Nigeria and deal with.

In USA, d health sector is as bad as a shark business venture. And you better have your expensive insurance which a lot of USA citizens don’t have… With little resources in Nigeria, you can live a more fulfilled life than those living in Europe or America.

The question you need to ask yourselves, why are middle class and Rich Africans hardly stay in USA or Europe for 2 weeks holiday? Cos they can’t just stand the system and the countries .

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Sammez94: 3:20pm On Dec 09, 2022
Qatar2022:

What of good life and sure security in UK

Security
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:22pm On Dec 09, 2022
50000 naira a month honestly and I will stay in Nigeria.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by NaijaCover(m): 3:24pm On Dec 09, 2022
100million naira per month
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by jUeLiZ: 3:24pm On Dec 09, 2022
Ma use pidgin for this one. Cos I been know say fight go dey for this thread. I noticed say thread like this dey always bring argument with everyone trying to show that they have more experienced.

One question, make we japa abi make we no japa.

Una just dey confused person for here. One group go be like if you manage travel out, your chances to make am na like 80%. Another group go dey the other side the talk say abroad na you dey live from hand to mouth because of taxes and high standard of living. Say you go hardly dey save.

Abeg make person without sentiments give us honest over view....cos e get some us were naija don scam and we dey grow old everyday nothing to show for.

5 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Angelfrost(m): 3:24pm On Dec 09, 2022
QuinModah:

Let's break it down.

Let me stop here.

Bless you for this. I couldn't have put it better.

These people don't know that there are people earning millions monthly here who still relocate to live less luxurious lives abroad albeit safer.

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by gimakon2(m): 3:25pm On Dec 09, 2022
Salary to keep me in a country fighting Civil war?
Because it has not gotten to a full fledged war yet right and reach una where una day?

Una no day serious. even if paid 5 billion a month, i go still japa. No be country be this!

10 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Kennyliga112: 3:25pm On Dec 09, 2022
celestialAgent:
lol. Your analysis is a joke!

1.2m in Nigeria would avail you a better life than $2708 would avail you in the UK.

You even reached the monthly value without considering taxation, lmao!!!
I guess you haven’t made money in Nigeria that’s the reason why the so called Million monthly is a big deal to you.Guy 9ja is dead.Nice write up brov…who will understand will….
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Kennyliga112: 3:26pm On Dec 09, 2022
jUeLiZ:
Ma use pidgin for this one. Cos I been know say fight go dey for this thread. I noticed say thread like this dey always bring argument with everyone trying to show that they have more experienced.

One question, make we japa abi make we no japa.

Una just dey confused person for here. One group go be like if you manage travel out, your chances to make am na like 80%. Another group go dey the other side the talk say abroad na you dey live from hand to mouth because of taxes and high standard of living. Say you go hardly dey save.

Abeg make person without sentiments give us honest over view....cos e get some us were naija don scam and we dey grow old everyday nothing to show for.
Guy japa if u have d opportunity

2 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by mekybabe1: 3:27pm On Dec 09, 2022
3.6m monthly
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by acorntree(m): 3:28pm On Dec 09, 2022
Mrnairalandd:

All the bad things you mentioned about Nigeria happens here in USA and of course Europe. The only difference is that they know how to manage their bad news while Nigerians are good at badmouthing their country.

If you ask me, Nigerians are the worst

citizens any country would wish to have citizens. Having been to at least 60% of Africa countries except North Africa countries excluding Egypt, i can tell you for a fact that Nigerians are lucky but too greedy and materialistic to see what they are enjoying.

In most Africa countries, what Nigerians called poverty is what is seen as a normal life while Nigeria middle class is their millionaire or billionaire lifestyle.

I am not saying Nigeria is perfect but most crimes that take place in Nigeria is a child play compare to crimes in USA/UK but they managed their news well. You talk about medical facilities abroad, i laughed, in UK if you r not careful, you ll die of ordinary fever despite going to hospital 4 times in a week.

Here is a common practice in UK health sector, you are sick terribly and decide to call your local medical hospital for an appointment, trust me, you ll be embarrassed as to the questions the receptionist ll be asking you. The reception ll insist you should see a Nurse instead of a Doctor. More often than not, they are rude as Bleep. A lot of Nigerians died in Europe due to medical issue that would have been easily diagnosed in Nigeria and deal with.

In USA, health sector is as bad as a shark business venture. And you better have your expensive insurance which a lot of USA citizens don’t have… With little resources in Nigeria, you ll live a more fulfilled life than those living in Europe or America.

The question you need to ask yourselves, why are middle class and Rich Africans hardly stay in USA or Europe for 2 weeks holiday? Cos they can’t just stand the system and the countries .

Because they can't cheat the system unlike in Nigeria where you can easily buy your way out. Shikena!!!

5 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by sukkot: 3:28pm On Dec 09, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
50000 naira a month honestly and I will stay in Nigeria.
you can make that easily doing youtube videos
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by kaywhy09(m): 3:29pm On Dec 09, 2022
FuckOsuPigs:

I earn N13m per annum and I have a chat with the regional head of a top bank tomorrow for possible switch in which I'm going to ask for N18m. But I will still japa before the year runs out by God's grace.

It's no longer about money.

Whao
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Positivepoint(m): 3:29pm On Dec 09, 2022
QuinModah:

Let's break it down.

Let me stop here.

It's pounds not dollars
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by SmartyPants(m): 3:30pm On Dec 09, 2022
QuinModah:

Let's break it down.

Let me stop here.

Nigeria has a huge middle class. Good post minus the part you decided to talk about things you dont understand

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:32pm On Dec 09, 2022
sukkot:
you can make that easily doing youtube videos

I don't have money to buy the camera equipment.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by sukkot: 3:34pm On Dec 09, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I don't have money to buy the camera equipment.
use the phone you are using to nairaland. e get camera abi ? thats all thats needed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree / What To Know About 2016 Police Recruitment Before April First / Federal Judicial Service Commision Recruitment 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.