Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? (38176 Views)

I Think Its Fraud Posting A Job Without A Salary Range / What's Salary For Ssce Holder In Hitech Construction Company / How To Respond When Asked: What Salary Were You Expecting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by uniquetechng: 3:34pm On Dec 09, 2022
Angelfrost:

I get your point... However, Minimum wage is country specific.

You can't do a direct comparison please. It doesn't work that way.

For instance, a medical doctor in America can not take home anything shy of or less than 100 Dollars per hour... Which gives him a relatively comfy standard of living after taxes.

Can you or will you now say that a doctor here in Nigeria has to earn the exact same equivalent in Naira to have a comfy standard of living?!! As in 75,000 Naira per hour?!!!

Note that the figure I quoted earlier is not for highly skilled individuals or high functioning professionals.

You can't tell me that an average Nigerian earning up to 300k a month can't live comfortably...!
N300k a month and comfortably can't be in the same sentence in Nigeria of present, spent over 70k on fueling generator and two cars monthly, feeding gulp over 180k , electricity takes 15k , my kids school bus takes 35k for three of them and other miscellaneous expenses that amount to over 50k monthly.
I didn't even factor in savings for rent and my kids school fees, bro for you to live comfortably in Nigeria you have to earn minimum of N700k monthly.

14 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by afesco: 3:35pm On Dec 09, 2022
1.5m per month
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by juman(m): 3:35pm On Dec 09, 2022
Nigeria has been ruined.

So sad.

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by acorntree(m): 3:35pm On Dec 09, 2022
Insecurity, ASU palaver, kidnapping, High level of insanity, extreme corruption in almost every human endeavour, hindrance to career growth or advancement, poor and dearly road network, poor infrastructure, too much dependence on God and not government, unpredictable government policy, too many crooks as citizen and also in government, all of these and more can't be bought with money. People Japan to enjoy sanity of life. If your dream is to be rich like Dangote stay in Nigeria. You can easily buy your way out

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by pocohantas(f): 3:36pm On Dec 09, 2022
SmartyPants:

Nigeria has a huge middle class. Good post minus the part you decided to talk about things you dont understand

grin grin Maybe na she pursue all the middle class. I laughed reading that.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Venom11(m): 3:36pm On Dec 09, 2022
Tannhauser:
None, there's no amount you can pay me to go back to that toxic environment. Most Nigerians are wicked and stu.pid and are proud to show off their stupid.ity. No rational and intelligent person can stay in Nigeria without loosing their mind.

Tueh.
Ah swear... I lost it
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by JBArokonkwo1(m): 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2022
celestialAgent:
lol. Your analysis is a joke!

1.2m in Nigeria would avail you a better life than $2708 would avail you in the UK.

You even reached the monthly value without considering taxation, lmao!!!

Oga how much of 1.2m will give you 24 hours electricity without noise being generated all in the name to provide electricity? If u mention inverter,what capacity of inverter do u need to carry all appliances in your house 24hrs in a week?

What do u use to charge your inverter batteries?

If u have a stroke,how well will u get an emergency response in nija compared to UK?
NHS if free for all! We don't pay a dime to access health care here!

Kidnapping is only seen in horror movies/nollywood movies here!

Young man,u have made a joke of yourself ,including those liking your post......

Now run along.....
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Mrnairalandd: 3:41pm On Dec 09, 2022
acorntree:

Because they can't cheat the system unlike in Nigeria where you can easily buy your way out. Shikena!!!

Wall Street in USA is the most business district in the whole world. If you know you know…

UK is the safe haven for the most corrupt business moguls as long as these businessmen and women are ready and willing to sell out your home country for their protection. Ask the India govt about this, they ll tell you how corrupt UK and most European countries are.

The same shit is applicable to most European countries.

Forget what you see in the media, these countries as bleeped as Nigeria but manager their news and politics well.

Let me shock you, all the PPA Covid contracts in UK were given to their dodgy business cronies by conservative Politicians. A man with few pounds in his Account became millionaire overnight and still walking on the street of London.

Do you know how much corruption is going on in USA right now through Ukraine war but the same USA officials ll come on live CNN to condemn Ukraine as the most corrupt country in Europe?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by FromZeroToHero(m): 3:41pm On Dec 09, 2022
I rather earn 500k monthly Abroad than N1m monthly in Nigeria.

With N50m in your account you might think you are rich until you mistakenly pass through Abuja/Kaduna expressway. You will need to borrow money to add to the N50m in your account to pay ransom.

7 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by apolonius(m): 3:41pm On Dec 09, 2022
celestialAgent:

1.2m in Nigeria would avail you a better life than $2708 would avail you in the UK.

Some of us make $5-12k/per month after tax. Salaries are paid bi-weekly. Entry level jobs in Canada pay $55-75k on the average. Many pay more though.

Some make $15-24k monthly doing 2-4 jobs. That is the extreme.

3 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Angelfrost(m): 3:44pm On Dec 09, 2022
uniquetechng:
N300k a month and comfortably can't be in the same sentence in Nigeria of present, spent over 70k on fueling generator and two cars in month, feeding gulp over 180k , electricity takes 15k , my kids school bus takes 35k for three of them and other miscellaneous expenses that amount to over 50k monthly.
I didn't even factor in savings for rent and my kids school fees, bro for you to live comfortably in Nigeria you have to earn minimum of N700k monthly.

Okay... Thanks for your response.

Quick one:

How many Nigerians working and hustling make 300k in a month??! How many do you think out of the many not earning this are uncomfortable or living in penury?!!

How many professionals and working Nigerians earn that 700k?!!

Please ask around... Don't take my word for it. A lot of Nigerians live in comparative comfort earning way less than what you think.

Well, lifestyle is a choice...! You tailor it to your needs and wants!

5 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 09, 2022
starstaz:

Max d mad man. U have cracked me up. Naija senator no better than u. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

What is special about a senator in a third-world country?

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Teeroyzimma: 3:49pm On Dec 09, 2022
Greedy people dey this forum lol
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Teeroyzimma: 3:49pm On Dec 09, 2022
afesco:
1.5m per month
nawa for you
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by sisisioge: 3:50pm On Dec 09, 2022
6million per month will do it for me. I can comfortably move to a nice area and make it my haven.

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Teeroyzimma: 3:50pm On Dec 09, 2022
FuckOsuPigs:

I earn N13m per annum and I have a chat with the regional head of a top bank tomorrow for possible switch in which I'm going to ask for N18m. But I will still japa before the year runs out by God's grace.

It's no longer about money.
Bad guy
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Venom11(m): 3:51pm On Dec 09, 2022
kaywhy09:
200k consistently. I'll multiply that over time.
How bro

2 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by sisisioge: 3:51pm On Dec 09, 2022
Angelfrost:

Quick one:

How many Nigerians working and hustling make 300k in a month??! How many do you think out of the many not earning this are uncomfortable or living in penury?!!

Please ask around... Don't take my word for it. A lot of Nigerians live in comparative comfort earning way less than what you think.

Awwww....dont talk like that o. So many people earn way more and aren't living comfortably in naija. This I know for sure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Trilz(m): 3:51pm On Dec 09, 2022
400k will be good for the start,

Hello fine people

I do data entry jobs
I will help convert pdf to word
word to pdf
typing
data entry into the database
data entry online site
etc
any type of online data entry job.

I'm very affordable
please check my signature for my contact, let's talk on WhatsApp and discuss more on your project.
kind Regards
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Venom11(m): 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2022
Angelfrost:

I get your point... However, Minimum wage is country specific.

You can't do a direct comparison please. It doesn't work that way.

For instance, a medical doctor in America can not take home anything shy of or less than 100 Dollars per hour... Which gives him a relatively comfy standard of living after taxes.

Can you or will you now say that a doctor here in Nigeria has to earn the exact same equivalent in Naira to have a comfy standard of living?!! As in 75,000 Naira per hour?!!!

Note that the figure I quoted earlier is not for highly skilled individuals or high functioning professionals.

You can't tell me that an average Nigerian earning up to 300k a month can't live comfortably...!
U de whine... 300k comfortably. Omo wetin yu de talk self?

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Teeroyzimma: 3:54pm On Dec 09, 2022
Folawealth090:
dumbo which sure security aafter 20 years or more in uk I feel safer in Nigeria
If you feel safer in Lagos than UK
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by uchaymart(m): 3:56pm On Dec 09, 2022
celestialAgent:

A senior colleague who earns 2-2.5m a month just resigned 2months ago to relocate with family.
All the other guy said is in line with the current happenings in Nigeria.
Peace ✌️
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Sammy5413(m): 3:59pm On Dec 09, 2022
It's not really about how much you earn but how long can the salary go for you in Nigeria
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by sholly28(m): 4:01pm On Dec 09, 2022
400k per month
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 09, 2022
Teeroyzimma:
If you feel safer in Lagos than UK
Yes I do 100%
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Xiaohei(m): 4:01pm On Dec 09, 2022
If you have the wherewithal and you want to japa, japa without turning back. If you get the wherewithal but you no want remove, stay back. Naija truly no bad; na government spoil things. I grew up in Victoria Island in the 80s when life in Nigeria was fairly good. Back then we drank water straight from taps. Refuse companies were efficient, and so was Nepa. Back then kidnappings existed only in scenes of American movies that we watched as kids. My Nigeria, how art thou fallen? Back to the matter, if you get money to waka, Abeg waka go see how green, or brown the grass on the other side is.

8 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Angelfrost(m): 4:02pm On Dec 09, 2022
sisisioge:

Awwww....dont talk like that o. So many people earn way more and aren't living comfortably in naija. This I know for sure.

Dear friend, I'm well traveled and have done my research.

Over 70 percent of working Nigerians will kill for a salary as high as 300k per month! Don't argue this... Ask around!

How many Pharmacists, Nurses, even Doctors earn up that as basic monthly salary?!! And these are supposed to be the pillars of the nation's healthcare industry.

I know and agree that some (not plenty) Nigerians earn even more than that and can't live comfortably (they know why)...!

Some even earn up to 400k to 500k per month and perpetually live in debts! This is real!

Abroad, it's the same thing...! There are people earning over 12000 Dollars monthly, yet live in debts and constantly whine!

Make we dey talk realistically abeg...!

There is a difference between comfort and wealth! I have been talking about relative comfort since!

Go to states like Ogun, Edo, Kano, Imo, Delta, etc... People earning over 250k per month are balling in their own way and lane!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 09, 2022
#20 Million per month
Else count me out
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Karleb(m): 4:03pm On Dec 09, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I don't have money to buy the camera equipment.

God will provide for you my brother. undecided
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by cooooooks(m): 4:04pm On Dec 09, 2022
Depends on the city.

In Port, 400,000 should be good enough for most young-ish people. To keep them here at least another 5 years. Provided the currency or inflation do not get worse.

2 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by uniquetechng: 4:04pm On Dec 09, 2022
Angelfrost:

Quick one:

That's why Nigeria is regarded as the poverty capital of the world, we don't even have middle class anymore, its just the rich and the poor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree / What To Know About 2016 Police Recruitment Before April First / Federal Judicial Service Commision Recruitment 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.