Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid (9090 Views)

Please Release My Husband- Dasuki's Wife Begs FG / Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge / Atlantic Ocean Surge Kills 16 In Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by Beaf: 5:07pm On Aug 31, 2011
lagcity:

which kain. r.etard be dis beaf? are you saying the oil spills in ND should be ND's problems too?

If you weren't dim, you would know that the land the oil wells are on were 100% seized by the FG. However, the Lagos coastline does not belong to the FG; therefore, the FG can only help out of humanitarianism, not because governing Lagos is the FG's business.
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by aljharem3: 5:24pm On Aug 31, 2011
Beaf:

^
Lol! Mr camel rider, Bayelsa and all coastal states have the same problems as Lagos. But I guess you guys don't read papers on camel back sha.

now i tell u are a really re.tard. so bayelsa that is relatively inland and is above sea level when compare to the world unlike lagos that is 2 meters below sealevel. bayelsa is above sea level

really u are indeed a re.tard
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by Demdem(m): 5:29pm On Aug 31, 2011
U guys should know by now that no truth can ever come out from the mouth of BEAF. he's a confirmed LIAR.

The ecological funds where part of the total federation money goes to was set up because of issues like this. infact, those places in the SE region affected by erosion needs to be solved by the FG also with collaboration with the state.
In a situation where we are operating a true federal system, we could excuse the FG but till then FG should assist.
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by Beaf: 5:30pm On Aug 31, 2011
alj_harem:

now i tell u are a really re.tard. so bayelsa that is relatively inland and is above sea level when compare to the world unlike lagos that is 2 meters below sealevel. bayelsa is above sea level

Gaddem! shocked
"Bayelsa relatively inland and above sea level when compared to the world!" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Stop eating grass, its bad for your brain. cool
Dude, you should be spending time rearing cattle instead pretending you can understand discussions on NL.
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by lagcity(m): 5:34pm On Aug 31, 2011
Beaf:

If you weren't dim, you would know that the land the oil wells are on were 100% seized by the FG. However, the Lagos coastline does not belong to the FG; therefore, the FG can only help out of humanitarianism, not because governing Lagos is the FG's business.

r u forking kidding? what rubbish! why does FG has FEMA or NEMA? some issues require FG and state to work together. the ppl affected are Nigerians. i don't even know why i am explaining this to a nutjob like yourself. what is the FG's business? governing FCT and Aso rock?
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by Sunofgod(m): 5:36pm On Aug 31, 2011
So despite all the money Fashola/Tinubu are wasting on spurious projects they want the FG to step in and save Lagos from going underwater?

Does Lagos share the tax revenues they raise with the FG?

If the answer is no then they need to solve this problem themselves - or learn to live with it.

Bottom line is Fashola/Tinubu do not have their priorities in order - and the people of Lagos will suffer for it.

The noise they are making is an attempt to shift blame for their incompetence onto the FG.
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by Beaf: 5:37pm On Aug 31, 2011
Demdem:

U guys should know by now that no truth can ever come out from the mouth of BEAF. he's a confirmed LIAR.

The ecological funds where part of the total federation money goes to was set up because of issues like this. infact, those places in the SE region affected by erosion needs to be solved by the FG also with collaboration with the state.
In a situation where we are operating a true federal system, we could excuse the FG but till then FG should assist.

Why are you tripping all over your own tongue? The single word in bold makes you sound pathetically shallow, guv. . . .Last time I checked, it wasn't an obligation to assist. Shocker! Maybe thats even why Lagos is appealing for help, not demanding? Hmmmmm!

I dunno, but these things seem pretty obvious to the evolved mind. Dude whats it like to be sooooooooooooooooooooooo daft? grin
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by DaLover(m): 5:39pm On Aug 31, 2011
alj_harem:

Guy have u bin to bayelsa at all? Making the loudest noise does not meen u have the greatest problem,

Ordinarily, there sould be no problem with the FG pitching in to assist the Lagos govt, but considering that so much has been poured into Lagos on this same coastline issue, the scarce resources at hand and the fact that other states have more pressing issues means that it be very umreasonable to commit another FG kobo to Lagos coastline,

With the way the lagosians boast about lagos, revenue should be flowing from lagos to the national cofers. The smart Fashola and Tinubu should be able to generate revenues from the coastline that can be ploughed back to regenerate or protect the coastline. to the national cofers. The smart Fashola and Tinubu should be able to generate revenues from the coastline that can be ploughed back to regenerate or protect the coastline.
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by Beaf: 5:41pm On Aug 31, 2011
lagcity:

r u forking kidding? what rubbish! why does FG has FEMA or NEMA? some issues require FG and state to work together. the ppl affected are Nigerians. i don't even know why i am explaining this to a nutjob like yourself. what is the FG's business? governing FCT and Aso rock?

Again, Aso Rock and the FCT happen to be FG territory. Dude, Lagos is not.
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by aljharem3: 5:42pm On Aug 31, 2011
Sun of god:

So despite all the money Fashola/Tinubu are wasting on spurious projects they want the FG to step in and save Lagos from going underwater?

Does Lagos share the tax revenues they raise with the FG?

If the answer is no then they need to solve this problem themselves - or learn to live with it.

Bottom line is Fashola/Tinubu do not have their priorities in order - and the people of Lagos will suffer for it.

The noise they are making is an attempt to shift blame for their incompetence onto the FG.

no brother. more than 75% of lagos revenue is from tax as u well know. right!

now majority of the tax collected goes to the FG from MMIA and Seaport etc goes to the FG etc and other FG peristalsis that did not move to the FCT in 1996 or so
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by aljharem3: 5:43pm On Aug 31, 2011
Beaf:

Gaddem! shocked
"Bayelsa relatively inland and above sea level when compared to the world!" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Stop eating grass, its bad for your brain. cool
Dude, you should be spending time rearing cattle instead pretending you can understand discussions on NL.

dude whether bayelsa or rivers is sinking. the FG needs to support those states

where is ur brain

the SG can not generate enough revenue to stop the ocean
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by wirinet(m): 5:44pm On Aug 31, 2011
I will say it again and again, every state in Nigeria has ecological issues and believ the Lagos issue is not the worst. To the coast lines of the niger delta the coastal erosion more serious than that of Lagos, and they do not scream about it, when there are bigger problems of oil pollution which the FG is not even ready to look into.
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by lagcity(m): 5:46pm On Aug 31, 2011
Beaf:

Again, Aso Rock and the FCT happen to be FG territory. Dude, Lagos is not.

this guy has finally gone mental. this is unbelievable. it seems this cluelessness not only runs in GEJ's blood; it runs in the entire fisherman family grin.
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by EkoIle1: 5:47pm On Aug 31, 2011
wirinet:

Why Lagos? Is it only Lagos that is being bedeviled by erosion? The whole southern coast line has serious erosion problems. What about dessert encroachment afflicting the northern states not to talk of gully erosion in the east. I think Lagos is behaving like a spoily kid out of 36, I lived close to bar beach for close to 20 years and p know the billions of Naira the FG spends every 3 years on bar beach just to reclaim the beach. Since the Lagos State government boasts that the Atlantic projectsl would protect the coastline from erosion, why do they need federal help. P think Lagos and Abuja feels all of Nigerias money should be spent on them to the detriment of other states.

Good to see you finally exposed the fact that your zero knowldge rants was based on ignorance, hatred and dislike for Lagos and not any kind of understanding of the subject matter. You really should have posted this and show us your real intention instead of letting me waste my time paying attention to you and your mindless ignorance.
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by Beaf: 5:47pm On Aug 31, 2011
alj_harem:

dude whether bayelsa or rivers is sinking. the FG needs to support those states

where is your brain

the SG can not generate enough revenue to stop the ocean

You can argue that the FG needs to help the states, but it is not an obligation. Is English a difficulty to you, sir?

--off topic--
Dude, why don't you change your user name? Alj harem rhymes too much with boko haram. embarassed
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by aljharem3: 5:49pm On Aug 31, 2011
DaLover:

Guy have u bin to bayelsa at all? Making the loudest noise does not meen u have the greatest problem,

Ordinarily, there sould be no problem with the FG pitching in to assist the Lagos govt, but considering that so much has been poured into Lagos on this same coastline issue, the scarce resources at hand and the fact that other states have more pressing issues means that it be very umreasonable to commit another FG kobo to Lagos coastline,

With the way the lagosians boast about lagos, revenue should be flowing from lagos to the national cofers. The smart Fashola and Tinubu should be able to generate revenues from the coastline that can be ploughed back to regenerate or protect the coastline. to the national cofers. The smart Fashola and Tinubu should be able to generate revenues from the coastline that can be ploughed back to regenerate or protect the coastline.

my brother rubbish talk

lagosians boast because the LAGOS IS TRANSFORMING TO AN ECONOMIC HUB OF AFRICA

who told u fashola and tinubu are smart ?

even the EKO ATLANTIC is not for SG or fashola but banks in lagos

Now if rivers, cross river etc are sinking would it not make sense for the FG to do something about it before it becomes worse

NOT ONLY LAGOS

do not defend FG on this just because it is not the ur state. This is a national issue, and as such from lagos to cross river, balysea, rivers, delta etc then FG needs to do something about it

chekena
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by Beaf: 5:49pm On Aug 31, 2011
lagcity:

this guy has finally gone mental. this is unbelievable. it seems this cluelessness not only runs in GEJ's blood; it runs in the entire fisherman family grin.

The usual anchor of the defeated. Lolzzzzzzzz!
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by lannre(m): 5:50pm On Aug 31, 2011
@ Eko Ile , you feel better with that insult now- ok I was not brought up that way- but you are yet to tell me about misplaced priority. and what do you feel about avoidable death of school kid that was  lost in a dilapidated toilet . imagine is your son ! and imagine its in ideal society that we always try to copy . I just feel Governance is about people
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by Demdem(m): 5:51pm On Aug 31, 2011
Beaf:

Why are you tripping all over your own tongue? The single word in bold makes you sound pathetically shallow, guv. . . .Last time I checked, it wasn't an obligation to assist. Shocker! Maybe thats even why Lagos is appealing for help, not demanding? Hmmmmm!

I dunno, but these things seem pretty obvious to the evolved mind. Dude whats it like to be sooooooooooooooooooooooo daft? grin

actually if any1 is daft on this thread, its definitely u and all ur generations (living and dead) which u have earlier cursed in another thread. useles mofos.
Too much GEJ a.ss sucking has made u unfit to be in the midst of humans. You definitely cant recover from it, that im confident about that.

take a look again at the title of this thread and u will see Lagos Begs FG and not lagos demand. even with that i still insist that this is where the ecological funds at the disposal of the FG needs to be employed.
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by lagcity(m): 5:55pm On Aug 31, 2011
wirinet:

I will say it again and again, every state in Nigeria has ecological issues and believ the Lagos issue is not the worst. To the coast lines of the niger delta the coastal erosion more serious than that of Lagos, and they do not scream about it, when there are bigger problems of oil pollution which the FG is not even ready to look into.

abeg which kind logic be dis? every state has eco issues therefore we should just forget abt it? the FG sat on his ass on oil spill issue therefore we should just let FG be? complacent ppl like you are the problem we have in Nigeria? if you want to make a change, you should contact your state governor to start "screaming" at the FG too. a state governor should go to any length to get help for his ppl. if your state governor isn't fighing for you, it means he doesn't care and you should give him the boot.
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by aljharem3: 5:56pm On Aug 31, 2011
Beaf:

You can argue that the FG needs to help the states, but it is not an obligation. Is English a difficulty to you, sir?

--off topic--
Dude, why don't you change your user name? Alj harem rhymes too much with boko haram. embarassed

brother, another trash

why is the FG not obligated to help those states. or can those state generate enough revenue for such projects

what is the minister of WORKS for

brother so the FG would rather allow the states to sink rather than invest ti money to save those states
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by Demdem(m): 5:57pm On Aug 31, 2011
DaLover:

when u say so much has been poured into Lagos on this same coastline issue, pls what coastline are u refering to? i hope it isnt the barbeach u are talking about. Infact, kindly list out all the FG works that Lagosins can kindly say the have benefited? i honestly dont think LAGOSIANS are feeling the impact of FG in their lives at all? however i agree with you that other states also need dire attention too.
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by lagcity(m): 5:57pm On Aug 31, 2011
Beaf:

The usual anchor of the defeated. Lolzzzzzzzz!

hey, i tell it like it is man. if the truth hurts, you need to take a look in the mirror and examine yourself.
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by Beaf: 6:00pm On Aug 31, 2011
lagcity:

hey, i tell it like it is man. if the truth hurts, you need to take a look in the mirror and examine yourself.

Ya! The truth hurts and thats why you look like something the Klitscko brothers worked on. Totally baffled, confused, dazed and defeated. grin

Demdem:

actually if any1 is daft on this thread, its definitely u and all your generations (living and dead) which u have earlier cursed in another thread. useles mofos.
Too much GEJ behind sucking has made u unfit to be in the midst of humans. You definitely cant recover from it, that im confident about that.

take a look again at the title of this thread and u will see Lagos Begs FG and not lagos demand. even with that i still insist that this is where the ecological funds at the disposal of the FG needs to be employed.

Ode!
"Lagos begs", "Lagos appeals"; all na di same tin. cool

You do not beg and appeal for your right. You are fast overtaking alj harem in BehindBased reasoning.
If the FG helps Lagos, it would be out of humanitarianism, not because it is obliged to. What could be easier than that to understand? shocked
Biko nu! Please stop pretending to be daft, you're making me actually believe it! LOL!
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by EkoIle1: 6:01pm On Aug 31, 2011
Unfortunately for this re,tarded swamp rat, the federal government  is responsible for our coastlines and water ways. It's just sad the like many of the neglected federal responsibilities, you have to yell and beg them to do their job. Even regardless, what about the national obligation to look out for the people you swore to protect?
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by aljharem3: 6:02pm On Aug 31, 2011
Lagos, Bayelsa, Rivers may be submerged in 50 years
By Paul Okunlola and Emmanuel Badejo

Seminar sponsored by the CCDI and Heinrich Boll Foundation, July 4, 2007

SHOCKING statistics unfolded by experts yesterday gave hints that Nigeria could lose up to one third of its entire land area over the next 50 years. The doomsday prediction can, however, be averted if appropriate measures are taken to tackle the growing consequences of climate change.

Put in stark terms: Rising sea levels from warming temperatures may see the whole of Lagos, Bayelsa and Rivers states go under water, with the inundation also covering up to half of Cross River and Delta states. And up North, advancing desert climate could render economic activities impossible in vast areas stretching across the region from Kebbi, Sokoto and Zamfara states in the North-West, to Yobe, Borno, Adamawa and Taraba states in the North-East.

Though current estimates on how many people would be adversely affected in such scenario are not available, some studies conducted in 1992 had shown that up to six million people would be displaced by sea level rise of up to two metres alone.
But the impact, as several studies showed at a meeting on the extent of the global problem in Lagos, would extend far beyond land losses. Going by experts’ revealing on the issue, the impacts would also include significant threats to the nation’s economic nerve centre in the Niger Delta and large populations of subsistence farmers who would lose farmlands to polluted soils. Also to be expected would be loss of livelihood to fishing communities that would be compelled to relocate from their natural terrain; internal refugee problems from the displacement of large populations from affected areas; as well as worsened poverty levels due to the extent of impact on already poor communities.

But the threat is actually basically global. CCDI’s Kofo Adeleke, warned that by the end of this century, temperatures could rise by as much as four degrees Celsius, placing as much as half of the world’s species under threat of extinction.  “Any increase in temperatures that result in a rise in sea levels of above two metres would be clearly unmanageable,” said Dr. Stefan Cramer, of the Lagos-based Heinrich Boll Foundation.

Executive Director, Nigerian Conservative Foundation (NCF), Prof. Emmanuel Obot, said that global warming, arising from the climate change, would precipitate increase in the incidents of drought and flooding. In fact, Lake Chad, hitherto one of the largest lakes in the world has already dried up, due to the increase in global temperatures over the last few decades. The essence of the findings, Obot said, is that it was time Nigeria began paying attention to the emission of carbon-dioxide with a view to reducing levels and encouraging planting of trees.

Rising sea levels have definitely occurred through climate change, which has affected agriculture, fishery, petrol chemical industries and the human habitat. The fears of possible submergence of large portions of the Lagos Ocean front and other segments of Nigeria’s fragile coastline are not new. The occurrence of the first major sustained series of ocean surges in the period 1990-1991 had triggered a fierce debate among the academic community over the likelihood of Victoria Island in particular, going under the surging ocean waves. In subsequent years, huge sums of money have been spent on containing the advancing ocean through sand replenishment measures adopted to re-establish the popular Victoria beach on the Island.

Top among other interventions, she stressed, is the immediate undertaking of a new assessment of impacts of sea level rise on Nigeria’s coastline, in view of new data and future projections released this year by international scientists under the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).

http://finimanaturepark.org/lagos-bayelsa-rivers-may-be-submerged-in-50-years/
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by aljharem3: 6:02pm On Aug 31, 2011
Eko Ile:

Unfortunately for this re,tarded swamp rat, the federal government  is responsible for our coastlines and water ways. It's just sad the like many of the neglected federal responsibilities, you have to yell and beg them to do their job. Even regardless, what about the national obligation to look out for the people you swore to protect?

gbammm
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by Demdem(m): 6:03pm On Aug 31, 2011
alj_harem:

brother, another trash

why is the FG not obligated to help those states. or can those state generate enough revenue for such projects

what is the minister of WORKS for

brother so the FG would rather allow the states to sink rather than invest ti money to save those states

abegii help me ask the cursed guy why the FG is there if not for the people that resides in these states.
the FG is for us and not for gadaffi or the rebels. they should look in and better the lives of his citizenry.
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by Beaf: 6:07pm On Aug 31, 2011
Eko Ile:

Really? So how come Lagos is doing their Eko Atlantic thing? Does it belong to the FG?

Daft.
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by lagcity(m): 6:07pm On Aug 31, 2011
Beaf:

Ode!

You do not beg and appeal for your right. You are fast overtaking alj harem in BehindBased reasoning.
If the FG helps Lagos, it would be out of humanitarianism, not because it is obliged to. What could be easier than that to understand? shocked
Biko nu! Please stop pretending to be daft, you're making me actually believe it! LOL!

guy this is an OBLIGATION to Nigerian citizens. this is an eco issue. Lagos is not asking FG to help pay for workers' salaries. again i ask you, why do we have National Emergency Management Agency? since you've made it clear that FCT is federal territory, why not have FCT Emergency Management Agency instead?
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by DaLover(m): 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2011
Demdem:

when u say so much has been poured into Lagos on this same coastline issue, pls what coastline are u refering to? i hope it isnt the barbeach u are talking about. Infact, kindly list out all the FG works that Lagosins can kindly say the have benefited? i honestly dont think LAGOSIANS are feeling the impact of FG in their lives at all? however i agree with you that other states also need dire attention too.

for more the 50 years Lagos was federal capital and you ncannot see the underlying infrastructure placed there by various federal government that now provide the economic spring board on which Lagos is standing, maybe like other boastful lagosians u feel that growth in lagos is because they are actually the smartest in the country, well sorry if u feel that way.
Bar beach or else where, coast line is coast line and lots of FG money has been sunk there.

alj_harem:

my brother rubbish talk

lagosians boast because the LAGOS IS TRANSFORMING TO AN ECONOMIC HUB OF AFRICA

who told u fashola and tinubu are smart ?

even the EKO ATLANTIC is not for SG or fashola but banks in lagos

Now if rivers, cross river etc are sinking would it not make sense for the FG to do something about it before it becomes worse

NOT ONLY LAGOS

do not defend FG on this just because it is not the your state. This is a national issue, and as such from lagos to cross river, balysea, rivers, delta etc then FG needs to do something about it

chekena
well thank God it is been transformed into an economic hub, please tell them carry along the coastline in their transformation so that the FG can spend its money on those of us that dont have opportunity to become international economic hubs,
Re: Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid by Demdem(m): 6:12pm On Aug 31, 2011
Beaf:

Ya! The truth hurts and thats why you look like something the Klitscko brothers worked on. Totally baffled, confused, dazed and defeated. grin

Ode!

Accursed, what is the ECOLOGICAL FUNDS meant for

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Confession: Haliru Says Ibb, Buhari, Atiku Etc Are The Sponsors Of Boko Haram / Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs / Ganduje: I Will Be Active In Politics Beyond 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.