Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,492 members, 7,958,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:49 PM

Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? (20663 Views)

Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This / Parents With Young Children And Phones / Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by dayokanu(m): 4:48pm On Aug 31, 2011
Do these kids even know the various denomination of money

The one in the middle looked like she started to walk less than a year ago, i am sure the mom was waiting for her to start walking
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by aloyemeka2: 5:24pm On Aug 31, 2011
Have you noticed that they are all female children?. That goes to show that the war on women in Nigeria starts from their childhood. These infant girls will surely have grown brothers who cannot do this job because their lives are more valuable than the lives of their female siblings.
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by felifeli: 5:30pm On Aug 31, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

@felifeli or whatever they call u,u can never compare porverty with affluence, if this is the only way u think one can get wiser and tougher then may it come to u ten folds, silly person, have u ever been in a situation where u culdnt afford to buy good clothes for your children,send them to good school,good hospital? suffering doest make anyone wiser,stronger or more successful in life, if the parents of these kid had money they will never send these innocent children to the streets to hawk.it is very  dangerous.

You are a slowpoke . If your own parents brought you up as well as these little girls will grow up to be, you will not be on  the internet cursing people you don't even know. Sorry if you have been all your life in situation where your parents  couldn't afford to buy clothes for you and send you to a good school and good hospital. That is why you  can't even get your spellings right and you still think like a lunatic. If you are indeed in America as you claim to be I can only be afraid to think about what you may be doing there which does not involve hard work.
Are those kids on the highway ? If so then we need to worry. From all indication they are all neighborhood  kids sent out by their mothers to sell some stuff within the neighborhood  probably not for the money  but just so that she could do some work at home without interruption as many hard working mother often do . Foe some of us it wasn't to sell things, it could be an errand to a far away place to collect something that doesn't exist. Apparently you never had such kind of parents. Because you were abused in this manner when you were a child does not mean life is always like that. Sorry o .

I can also see several pedophiles here ogling the poor little girls (oooooooh dainty little girl with such sweet faces . yummy !). Go get a life you sickos.
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by felifeli: 5:35pm On Aug 31, 2011
felifeli:

You are a slowpoke . If your own parents brought you up as well as these little girls will grow up to be, you will not be on  the internet cursing people you don't even know. Sorry if you have been all your life in situation where your parents  couldn't afford to buy clothes for you and send you to a good school and good hospital. That is why you  can't even get your spellings right and you still think like a lunatic. If you are indeed in America as you claim to be I can only be afraid to think about what you may be doing there which does not involve hard work.
Are those kids on the highway ? If so then we need to worry. From all indication they are all neighborhood  kids sent out by their mothers to sell some stuff within the neighborhood  probably not for the money  but just so that she could do some work at home without interruption as many hard working mother often do . Foe some of us it wasn't to sell things, it could be an errand to a far away place to collect something that doesn't exist. Apparently you never had such kind of parents. Because you were abused in this manner when you were a child does not mean life is always like that. Sorry o .

I can also see several craddle-robbers here ogling the poor little girls (oooooooh dainty little girl with such sweet faces . yummy !). Go get a life you sickos.

I didn't say slowpoke o , I said m.o.r.o.n . I didn't say craddle robbers either I said pae.do.phile
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by warrior101: 5:54pm On Aug 31, 2011
undecided
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by danjohn: 5:55pm On Aug 31, 2011
cry

Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by ollybosieb: 6:00pm On Aug 31, 2011
they are just too young to be hawking but this is not a new thing in nigeria, so why are  we crying child abuse as if we are seeing it for the 1st time.
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by NRIPRIEST(m): 6:03pm On Aug 31, 2011
look felifeli u are a complete latent dullard! since u are the educated idiot around here i can only think u will understand the reason why i replied u in that manner but ur poo filled little skull cant discern that. before i start with u little poo i will like u to go back to ur dictionary and read the meaning of abuse. then come back and talk to me.as for whether i live in d us and what i do,well;none of ya business.
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by ollybosieb: 6:12pm On Aug 31, 2011
I see children in brooklyn, new york during the summer helping their parents selling cold water and oranges, It wasn't child abuse cos it happened in the western world but we cry foul when we see it in naija, We should stop being a western world lamination.
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2011
Am sure wilo smith and her bros are still kids and yet they hawk their "talents" instead of being in school. Nobody sees anything wrong with that. What is the kids in the photos have talent for business and their mama just the smiths is trying to inculcate it in them at a very tender age.
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by Outstrip(f): 6:20pm On Aug 31, 2011
ollybosieb:

I see children in brooklyn, new york during the summer helping their parents selling cold water and oranges, It wasn't child abuse cos it happened in the western world but we cry foul when we see it in naija, We should stop being a western world lamination.

Are you serious? You are comparing a lemonade stand or children with their parents with this. This is the problem with Nigerians. Who do you think you are harming by lying to yourself. Who will fail if you choose to accept that your bad behavior is not acceptable. Do you think it will pull the wool over the eyes of people or do you think it will improve your sense of self to lie shamelessly to yourself. Please in your life strive for the best. Don't make excuses for people being useless and being a failure. It does not help anyone. Haba. Why should children make a living for their parents. Babies for that matter. Do you see their parents walking by their side and even if the parents are right there they should carry that tray on their own head. Good Lawd. I tire
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by ollybosieb: 6:36pm On Aug 31, 2011
Outstrip:

Are you serious? You are comparing a lemonade stand or children with their parents with this. This is the problem with Nigerians. Who do you think you are harming by lying to yourself. Who will fail if you choose to accept that your bad behavior is not acceptable. Do you think it will pull the wool over the eyes of people or do you think it will improve your sense of self to lie shamelessly to yourself. Please in your life strive for the best. Don't make excuses for people being useless and being a failure. It does not help anyone. Haba. Why should children make a living for their parents. Babies for that matter. Do you see their parents walking by their side and even if the parents are right there they should carry that tray on their own head. Good Lawd. I tire
      #1 my dear sister i don't lie  and why should i lied to prove a point to fool like you that think your country is the worst of all and i lived in the U S for 20 gud yrs, so go to linden boulevard and church avenue or ask any of your family member that ever been to dat area , and it wasn't lemonade stand, they were selling cold water and oranges with their parents, so why is it different cos it happened in naija. like i said earlier, they were just 2 young but children hawk/help their parents all the time. We can not all be born with silver spoon in our mouth.
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by Fhemmmy: 6:43pm On Aug 31, 2011
ollybosieb:

Yes, you could see them in the SUMMER selling all those kinda stuff, but that is when schools are on holidays and not during school period.
Those kids in those pix cant be more than 5 and 6 years old and hawking, not just a stand selling something and they ought to be in classrooms and not roaming the street selling for some selfish parents
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by Outstrip(f): 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2011
So the oranges and water is what is giving you a serious wedgie. I don't care if they were selling used condoms. They were under the protection of their parents. Empty barrell. Who cares if I have been in the US for 150 years. It is a choice. A CHOICE. I am a citizen of the god damn  world. If you don't like it then hug a flipping transformer. There is such a thing as an inferior human being and you are the poster child.
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by Fhemmmy: 6:51pm On Aug 31, 2011
woodcook:

Am sure wilo smith and her bros are still kids and yet they hawk their "talents" instead of being in school. Nobody sees anything wrong with that. What is the kids in the photos have talent for business and their mama just the smiths is trying to inculcate it in them at a very tender age.

If you wanna compare will smith and Jackson's talent being used to make money for their parents to some kids carrying stuff on their heads in the sun in Nigeria, while the papa and mama are home making more babies, then, i am so worried that Nigeria has a long way to go.

Let it be on record that while Will smith and the rest are going to Location, it was the Mom or the Dad or at least some old enough to take care of them that would drive them or take them there and not just be left at the mercy of faith . . . .let us always compare apple to apple
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by Outstrip(f): 6:57pm On Aug 31, 2011
Fhemmmy:

[b]If you wanna compare will smith and Jackson's talent being used to make money for their parents to some kids carrying stuff on their heads in the sun in Nigeria, while the papa and mama are home making more babies, then, i am so worried that Nigeria has a long way to go.

Let it be on record that while Will smith and the rest are going to Location, it was the Mom or the Dad or at least some old enough to take care of them that would drive them or take them there and not just be left at the mercy of faith . . . .let us always compare apple to apple[/b]

It's a scary situation my brother.
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by dayokanu(m): 7:04pm On Aug 31, 2011
Outstrip:

So the oranges and water is what is giving you a serious wedgie. I don't care if they were selling used condoms. They were under the protection of their parents. Empty barrell. Who cares if I have been in the US for 150 years. It is a choice. A CHOICE. I am a citizen of the god damn world. If you don't like it then hug a flipping transformer. There is such a thing as an inferior human being and you are the poster child.

Would it be better if those kids in the picture have their mothers around while they hawk?
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by ollybosieb: 7:06pm On Aug 31, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Yes, you could see them in the SUMMER selling all those kinda stuff, but that is when schools are on holidays and not during school period.
Those kids in those pix cant be more than 5 and 6 years old and hawking, not just a stand selling something and they ought to be in classrooms and not roaming the street selling for some selfish parents

Like i said earlier they were just too young,  but the pic didn't tell us if their parents were near by or if they were doing it during the holidays. the long and short story of it is dat they were babies.
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by aloyemeka2: 7:10pm On Aug 31, 2011
dayokanu:

Would it be better if those kids in the picture have their mothers around while they hawk?
No, it will be better if their fathers actually do the hawking. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by Fhemmmy: 7:14pm On Aug 31, 2011
ollybosieb:

Like i said earlier they were just too young,  but the pic didn't tell us if their parents were near by or if they were doing it during the holidays. the long and short story of it is dat they were babies.

They too young and they ought to be in classrooms and not on the street
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by Fhemmmy: 7:15pm On Aug 31, 2011
aloy-emeka:

No, it will be better if their fathers actually do the hawking. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Full Gbam . . . But i am sure the father would probably said, he is too big to hawk.
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by Outstrip(f): 7:18pm On Aug 31, 2011
dayokanu:

Of course not. When you think of the typical lemonade stand or children selling cookies outside of target on the weekends there is always an adult around. Children who hawk in Nigeria do it on their own. Their parents put the wares on their head and point towards the door. If they were sitting at their mothers side at her market stall or while she fried akara it is a whole different thing. I don't feel that I should break it down. There is not just a difference between the two they are for two totally different thing. One is hawking so that the family including mommy and daddy will eat and the other is doing it to raise enough money to give a charity or fund a school trip.
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by Outstrip(f): 7:19pm On Aug 31, 2011
aloy-emeka:

Absolutely
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by kandiikane(m): 7:53pm On Aug 31, 2011
armyofone:

my sistah kandi, pple should not marry or if married, not have kids until they are sure they can take care of them, common we are in 2011 there should be a change in pple mindset with changing time.

yes, i do give back and happy doing that. now stop drawing us backward cuz it's not the point of the topic here. just cuz you hawk ''ice'' years ago (i commend you for that) does not mean children age 5 should be hawking moin moin.  

And who said the mothers can't take care of them? If they all go out selling moin moin to pay for school fees or to put food on their table, is that not looking after each other or been taken cared of with the money from the moin moin? Not every parent is going to be in high end paying jobs. This as you see provides. .

Who is drawing who back? There is a question mark  after  the title of the thread meaning  it is up for discussion. No, I did not say every child should hawk but if it is necessary for their survival they should and if you cannot get that through your skull then take enough money to every hawker you see and tell them to start a business so they can take their children to school.

Use your brain, every mother wants the best for their child. No mothers wants their child waking up early before going to school to hawk or hawk  to pay for school and livelihoods but if it means they will get the best the mother usually has no choice. .
ronkebp:

Why should the parents hold the government responsible? is it the government that would train their children for them?
So many have been kidnapped, some violated by older men, while others have been hit by cars and left to die there, on the roads. this is just so so wrong, parents shopuld be held accountable for all this nonsense.

Use your brain, what has training got to do with this? If the government helps its people instead of putting resource money in it's pockets this will not be happening. .
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by Fhemmmy: 8:00pm On Aug 31, 2011
kandiikane:

And who said the mothers can't take care of them? If they all go out selling moin moin to pay for school fees or to put food on their table, is that not looking after each other or been taken cared of with the money from the moin moin? Not every parent is going to be in high end paying jobs. This as you see provides. .

Who is drawing who back? There is a question mark  after  the title of the thread meaning  it is up for discussion. No, I did not say every child should hawk but if it is necessary for their survival they should and if you cannot get that through your skull then take enough money to every hawker you see and tell them to start a business so they can take their children to school.

So if the child is hawking the street while he/she ought to be in the classroom learning, when would that child be able to learn or what is that parent giving that child as a legacy . . . .hawking?
There is not child that should have to go through such abuse . . . .As adult, it is our duty to sit down and plan to know what we can afford, marriage is not only to have kids, it is to have a companion as well . . . .so if the man and wife cant afford to take care of the kids, dont have them.

It is not the duty of a child to provide for the parents at such tender age . . . . .Parents dont have to have a juice job to provide for the kids, let them go and sweet the floor, let them dig holes, let them something to provide, let them be the one to do the hawking,

The kids belongs in classroom and not on the street.
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by armyofone(m): 8:09pm On Aug 31, 2011
kandi, you should be the one using your brain, if there is really one inside your head  grin. wow!! you supporting a 5 years old  hawking without which the 5 years old is not going to survive? No point arguing with you, i know where you are coming from.
cheers.

femi, please tell her. survival for the child of 5 to go hawk, ummmm smh. pple should not get married or bear children if they don't have the means to support them. see one asking if 30,000 naira is enough to get married. imagine!!!
tmr they will send their kids to go hawk while they give birth to more, and Kandi is here saying the kid should hawk for their parents? life!!
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by kandiikane(m): 8:15pm On Aug 31, 2011
Fhemmmy:

So if the child is hawking the street while he/she ought to be in the classroom learning, when would that child be able to learn or what is that parent giving that child as a legacy . . . .hawking?
There is not child that should have to go through such abuse . . . .As adult, it is our duty to sit down and plan to know what we can afford, marriage is not only to have kids, it is to have a companion as well . . . .so if the man and wife cant afford to take care of the kids, dont have them.

It is not the duty of a child to provide for the parents at such tender age . . . . .Parents dont have to have a juice job to provide for the kids, let them go and sweet the floor, let them dig holes, let them something to provide, let them be the one to do the hawking,

The kids belongs in classroom and not on the street.

So, children can only be given birth to through planning, abi?  What about women who have had children without planning(by this I mean a random sexual assault by a family member or a stranger)? If that child has to hawk and use that hawking money to go to school then that child is going to go and  learn. .
No, one said provide for the parents but provide as a team, if one income is insufficient. Oh, I am sure  thousands of parents have jobs as a cleaners or hole digging jobs.

Yes, the kids belong in the classrooms but in the end they are in the world and if to get into the classroom is to hawk before school or after school well they are left with no choice.

Btw, you talk of legacy, can you tell me the legacies thousands of educated jobless men have left behind in Nigeria? Education is a must but it does not mean just because you are educated means you leave this great legacy behind because even this western world you guys keep on mentioning there are people there with masters degree begging in the streets for food. .

And the classroom is not the only place to get education, the government should make an effort with it's people and help to educate them so the educated can educate their children. Ever heard of homeschooling?
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by kandiikane(m): 8:16pm On Aug 31, 2011
armyofone:

kandi, you should be the one using your brain, if there is really one inside your head  grin. wow!! you supporting a 5 years old  hawking without which the 5 years old is not going to survive? No point arguing with you, i know where you are coming from.
cheers.

femi, please tell her. survival for the child of 5 to go hawk, ummmm smh. pple should not get married or bear children if they don't have the means to support them. see one asking if 30,000 naira is enough to get married. imagine!!!
tmr they will send their kids to go hawk while they give birth to more, and Kandi is here saying the kid should hawk for their parents? life!!
Fool. . Maybe you should go back to school to learn how to read. Do not misinterpret what I wrote. .
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by Theblessed(f): 8:18pm On Aug 31, 2011
[b][size=16pt]What a shame!!! Poverty, coupled with the ignorance of some parents, is evil!!!

Imagine, under-5years old hawking wares in the street for their parents? What a shame!!!

I bet, the parents knowing their situation and the condition of their children right now, are still producing more babies despite the fact they they can't even feed/clothe all these children that are lined up here, looking at us.

Children are born into the world to embrace poverty, hunger and hardship from the moment they come out of the womb.  Why have them, when you can't provide quality life for your children? People are having kids they can't feed for the wrong reasons.  

Because, that your mate you went to school with, is married and have got 78 sons there you go, you want yours too, even though you know you can provide for their welfare!!! Why, because you want your line to continue and I ask - what line, when all of them would die by the age of 5 through hunger and disease thus, defeating the purpose?

You haven't thought, have you?  Have you asked, can I afford children, have I got what it takes to care for,   and educate them?  Can I cope?  Have I got enough money/investments to provide quality life for my kids as I wouldn't want them to suffer as I did? No, they don't ask these questions before they climb a woman and plunge with their heads first, and then make a victim of an innocent child that did not ask to be born.

If fact, these ones we are looking at here, are even lucky.  What about those, whose parent sent off into real slavery, where they are cruelly treated and abused.  Sometimes, they get flogged, tortured, wounded, and starved from morning till late at night and even raped? What other sad experiences, do we expect these innocent children to relate to us here, that they'd never been through. Tell me, they'd been through it all.

Children should be allowed to grow up as children with all their positive childhood memories intact e.g. play with their sibblings, cousins, friends, swim and, attend school - because, that's what children are expected to do in childhood, and not slaving their young life away hawking wares in the street for their parents to get-by.

It's so shameful!!!
[/size][/b]
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by armyofone(m): 8:18pm On Aug 31, 2011
kandiikane:

Fool. .

oh well, i thought i was talking with a sane person.
better day we will meet.
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by Anvaller: 8:25pm On Aug 31, 2011
Would their parents claim that they are putting them thru internship to gain practical experience? learning how to be better entrepeneurs when they are grown?

I am trying to imagine what excuse they would pop up to justify sending those kids out.
Re: Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? by Fhemmmy: 8:27pm On Aug 31, 2011
kandiikane:

So, children can only be given birth to through planning, abi?  What about women who have had children without planning(by this I mean a random intimate assault by a family member or a stranger)? If that child has to hawk and use that hawking money to go to school then that child is going to go and  learn. .
No, one said provide for the parents but provide as a team, if one income is insufficient. Oh, I am sure  thousands of parents have jobs as a cleaners or hole digging jobs.

Yes, the kids belong in the classrooms but in the end they are in the world and if to get into the classroom is to hawk before school or after school well they are left with no choice.

Btw, you talk of legacy, can you tell me the legacies thousands of educated jobless men have left behind in Nigeria? Education is a must but it does not mean just because you are educated means you leave this great legacy behind because even this western world you guys keep on mentioning there are people there with masters degree begging in the streets for food. .

And the classroom is not the only place to get education, the government should make an effort with it's people and help to educate them so the educated can educate their children. Ever heard of homeschooling?

A mistake is do understandable when the child was not planned, and even at that, the man or the woman might have to pick up more than one job if that is the only way to provide for that child.
team work with a 5 year old to eat is not the way to go, that is an abuse.
The Nigerian men that left no legacy behind that you are talking about is what brought us to where we are in Nigeria today or should i say Africa, where a man think he can justhave kids and have baby mama all over the place . . .shame on such people.

Those kids deserves better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Highest Level Of Irresponsibilty As An Adult? / Married But Fond Of Another Man / How To Buy Washing Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.