Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,898 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Our Government Bad O, Post Your "Frustration" and "Revolution" Songs Here - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Government Bad O, Post Your "Frustration" and "Revolution" Songs Here (2320 Views)

Frustration, Anger In APC Over Buhari’s Ministerial List - Daily Independent / Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms / Ew! Video : #occupy Nigeria: The Story So Far; Entertainment And Revolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Government Bad O, Post Your "Frustration" and "Revolution" Songs Here by okadaman2: 5:25am On Aug 31, 2011
Post your songs of angst and frustration here for people to learn.

They will need it when they decide to hit the streets.

Music is the food of rebellion!
Re: Our Government Bad O, Post Your "Frustration" and "Revolution" Songs Here by okadaman2: 5:26am On Aug 31, 2011
Our Government Bad o

Dem nor wan give ghettoman jab o

My God o

If a ghettoman not get work, my brother, how we go take survive o embarassed

-Africa China

[flash=480,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKw7Mz4frYw&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Our Government Bad O, Post Your "Frustration" and "Revolution" Songs Here by okadaman2: 5:30am On Aug 31, 2011
[flash=480,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKXjwTC7cKM[/flash]

Chorus 2x
Me, I go yarn
Me, I go speak my mind
Me, I go yarn
Them think say we blind
Make we yarn
Why are my people so poor
We can't take this no more

Verse 1
As I reach Yankee
I see say the life wey na my people
Them dey live, na nonsense
As I reach Yankee
I see say to solve our problem
Eno hard, common sense
Them dey come here
Them dey see the way
Wey everything bin dey work
But them just ignore
Them go reach house
Go form the policies
Wey ego make them to rich and my people to poor
E don dey
Wey we don dey cry
Wey we don dey hustle
Wey we don dey die
E don dey
Wey them dey chop money
While the average child for road is hungry

Repeat Chorus 2x

Verse 2
We get land, plenty plenty land
Plenty plenty farm
We get energy
Plenty plenty oil, plenty plenty sun
Water dey
Ejaborata
River Niger dey
River Benue dey

But for ordinary man, simple things to enjoy
He no fit get
Water nko, eno dey
Light nko, eno dey
Ordinary food to chop, eno dey
Ordinary house to sleep, eno dey
Water nko, eno dey
Light nko, eno dey
Ordinary food to chop, eno dey
Ordinary house to sleep, eno dey

Repeat Chorus 2x
Find More lyrics at www.sweetslyrics.com

Verse 3
I never thought the day would come
When things would get so bad
I seen young kids hustling, makes me so mad
We the biggest black nation but nobody cares
Raise your voice and die amongst so many fears
The time is now
And yes, I'll take my chances
Attacking the villian until my nation advances
A lot of lame promises they never fulfill
Oil rich but we suffering still

Me, I go yarn
It's time to say no
It's time to fight
Me, I go yarn
It's time to break forth
And time to bite
Make we yarn
It's time to make advances
It's time to get some answers
It's time to separate this wrong from right
Me, I go yarn
It's time to say no
It's time to fight
Me, I go yarn
It's time to break forth
And time to bite
Make we yarn
It's time to make advances
It's time to get some answers
It's time to separate this wrong from right

Me, I go yarn
Until them change the plan
Me, I go yarn
Direct me to the plan
My people fear to die
Why, we must try
Me, I go yarn
Until them change the plan
Make we yarn
Direct me to the plan
My people fear to die
Why, together we must try

Repeat Chorus till fade
Re: Our Government Bad O, Post Your "Frustration" and "Revolution" Songs Here by okadaman2: 5:33am On Aug 31, 2011
Africa China -Mr President
[flash=490,380]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09tkWfj3gT8[/flash]

VERSE 1
Food e no dey
Brother eh water no dey
And our country no good o
Everyday for thief
One day for owner e
Poor man wey thief maggi
Omo, dem go show im face
for crime fighter [crime fighter]
Rich man wey thief money
Omo, we no dey see their face
for crime fighter
Tell me something now rudeboy

Rich man go dey halla prayer [modupe]
Poor man go dey shout [anwuola m ee]
Rich man go dey halla prayer [modupe]
Poor man go dey shout [anwuola m ee]
Make una lead us well
No let this nation to fall inside well

CHORUS
Mr. President [Lead us well]
If you be governor [Govern us well]
If you be senator [Senate am well]
If you be police [Police well well, no dey take bribe]
Oya lead us well [Nne me eh, Govern us well]
If you be senator [Senate am well]
If you be police [Police well well, no dey take bribe]

VERSE 2
Fuel e no dey
Brother eh transportation no dey
And our road e no good o
What about the NEPA people o
we no get light
Everybody just dey halla
fuel no dey, na how we wan survive
Many youth ready for work
but as work no dey
na how dey wan survive
We be giant of Africa
but to get visa enter Ghana
na WAEC [oh my God]

Policeman go see white
e go tell you say
I say that thing na red
Tell me something my people
Make una lead us well,
no let this nation to fall inside well

REPEAT CHORUS
[lyrics from www.niglyrics.com]

VERSE 3
Alhaji wey pull Khaki
say the name of him party
People Destroying People
Na the name of the party
election for my country
na paddy paddy
wayo wayo
arrange no ni
People wey vote them in
still dey live in pain
This na disgrace
I am so ashamed
We don collect shop permit
Collect trading permit
trading permit
You still dey burn shop
You wan tell me say
you no know when them pay
Why you dey make us
dey live in pain
Make una lead us well

REPEAT CHORUS

Omo nothing dey par
Anything wey par na witch
Na im make we dey say
Omo no lele
Tanke (echo)

Oga Jonah, do this thing nah!  embarassed
Re: Our Government Bad O, Post Your "Frustration" and "Revolution" Songs Here by okadaman2: 5:42am On Aug 31, 2011
[flash=490,380]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PeKk9kjKqU[/flash]

Kaboom!! Kaboom!! Bomb blast inah the air!!

Nigeria jaga jaga now -Eedris
Re: Our Government Bad O, Post Your "Frustration" and "Revolution" Songs Here by okadaman2: 6:00am On Aug 31, 2011
Alhaji wey pull Khaki
say the name of him party
People Destroying People
Na the name of the party
election for my country
na paddy paddy
wayo wayo
arrange no ni
People wey vote them in
still dey live in pain
This na disgrace
I am so ashamed

Make una lead us well

Africa China don talk am finish.
Re: Our Government Bad O, Post Your "Frustration" and "Revolution" Songs Here by okadaman2: 3:31pm On Aug 31, 2011
Add your Revolution or Frustration anthem. .
Re: Our Government Bad O, Post Your "Frustration" and "Revolution" Songs Here by okadaman2: 3:47pm On Aug 31, 2011
The Nigerian constitution is a forgery - MNN

The Constitution started with "We the people hereby agree"

some transcribed points from the video below:

But We did not agree to give The President and 36 Governors immunity

We the people couldn't have agreed to give the key of the treasury to the executive branch

Nigeria has become a criminal enterprise where few people are using a forged document to rule 150Million people

We cannot be united by fraud and forgery

Nigerians have been calling for a Sovereign national conference but those who have secured themselves in Abuja have refused to listen

Who created the 36 states? Few Military elites!

Who created the 68 item exclusive lists in the Constitution that prevented a state like Lagos from generating her own electricity, do her own rail and manage her own sea port?

Less that 1% of the country's population has 90% of the assets of the country and you cannot break in, you are locked out!

Somebody will sit in Abuja and say he's (IG) Inspector General of Police for a state like Imo, how is that sensible? how will he know how things work locally in Mushin?

We cannot be bound by force for all times!

[flash=490,380]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjuEaKTpZ4g[/flash]

^^

You need to watch that video if you have any Nigerian heritage at all.

If you can do a transcript that will be great too.
Re: Our Government Bad O, Post Your "Frustration" and "Revolution" Songs Here by okadaman2: 4:08pm On Aug 31, 2011
At the Height of Nigeria's Pan African struggle to Help Our Black Brothers in SA break free form Apartheid, The Late Sonny Okosun released Who Own's Papa's Land

[flash=490,380]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGjoJ3eSY2g[/flash]

We want to Know who owns this land

WHO OWNS PAPA'S LAND AND OIL IN NIGERIA?

BY

GESIYE ANGAYE

The ownership and control of land, minerals and mineral oil have become controversial and political since 1978. Before the Land use Act of 1978, control over land was vested in families, clans, villages and communities in Southern Nigeria. Under the traditional or customary agrarian land tenure system, individuals did not have complete control over the land and the sale of land was hardly possible. Individual occupants of land were identified by the right they hold rather than by actual possession of land. In Northern Nigeria, the ownership and control of land was vested in the State government under the Land Tenure Law of 1962. However, the methods of agricultural organisation and production were similar to the system prevailing in the South. The Land Use Decree of 1978 vests all lands in a State in the Governor who shall hold it in trust for the people. The Land Use Decree is criticised for abrogating people's inalienable God-given rights to land ownership; effecting high concentration of land in the hands of a few people who are well connected with government, while depriving the small-scale farmers of land; causing delays in securing Certificate of Occupancy from government. The law is ineffective and not obeyed, especially in rural areas.

The 1999 Constitution Review Committee found that the Land Use Act was anti-people, undemocratic and that "the preponderant view in several parts of the country was that the Act was unduly oppressive and had in fact outlived its usefulness". Surprisingly, the Committee still recommended the retention of the Act, perhaps for political and economic reasons. Nigerian Constitutions have also changed the ownership and control of land and oil from time to time. For example, in the 1954 Nigerian Constitution, 100 per cent of the mining rents and royalties went to the Region of origin on the basis of derivation. The Okigbo Commission on Revenue Allocation of 1980 also recommended that 100 per cent of mining rents both on-shore and off-shore should be paid as of right to the mineral producing areas as the ownership of land is vested in the State Governor by virtue of the Land Use Decree of 1978.

But the Commission regarded the Federal Government as the owner of the minerals on which royalties are levied. The separation of rents and royalties is rather unfortunate because they are all incomes of landowners. In the Dictionary of Economics, Hansen defined Royalty as a payment made to a landowner for the extraction of minerals from beneath his land. Therefore, all rents and royalties both on-shore and off-shore belong to the mineral producing areas. Petroleum profit tax is what belongs to the State or Federal Government. In truly federal and just democracies like the United States of America, mining rents and royalties are paid directly to the landowners while the government collects petroleum profit taxes from the oil companies.

In order to capture oil revenue, Nigerian Constitutions and court judgements change like chameleon. Section 140(6) of the 1963 Constitution states that all minerals both solid and oil, found in the continental shelf of a region of Nigeria, belong exclusively to that region or state. On the other hand, Section 52(3) of the 1999 Constitution states that all minerals, mineral oils and natural gas belong to the Federal Government. Then a court of justice or injustice gives a contrived judgement. Describing the Supreme Court's decision as absurd, Amaechi wrote: "Mr. President went further and laid claim to all off-shore oil as Federal Government property, recently confirmed by the Supreme Court which had in 1919 and 1962 respectively delivered judgement to the contrary on the same subject matter". As Reverend Zilly Aggrey puts it "Out of the seven Supreme Court judges, none of them is from the Niger Delta or the littoral states. I as a pastor, having read the judgement went on my knees and took the entire Federal Government of Nigeria and the Supreme Court of Nigeria, to the Most Supreme Court of Heaven. If it is the wrong ruling, watch out. Nigeria would not rest until that judgement is corrected".

Why is Nigeria still grouped amongst the poorest nations of the World despite the huge petroleum wealth it had made since crude oil was first discovered at Oloibiri, Bayelsa State in 1958? Why were billions of Naira stolen by a single ruler? Is Nigeria robbing Peter to pay Paul and is therefore being robbed in return? There must be a curse which must be broken. The oppression of a powerless minority attracts heavy retribution. Nigeria cannot leave the oil producing minorities poor and use their oil wealth to build a peaceful, prosperous and wealthy nation. How many billions of Naira had been spent on National Electric Power Authority (NEPA) and Gas turbines to provide uninterrupted power supply by the present administration which many wrongly or rightly regard as anti-Niger Delta? NEPA, christened No Electric Power Available, may not provide constant light when those that fund NEPA are the only people not connected to NEPA national grid and remain in constant darkness. This is simple and pure retribution or karma and Nigeria is reaping what it sows. The logic that one owns the land and another owns the oil extracted from beneath the land is Nigerian logic or illogic propounded by parochial logicians. If crude oil were found under "the big three" eminent jurists would have inserted the enabling section in the 1999 Constitution to read: "Any oil found under any big three belongs exclusively to the owner of a big three'.

It is hoped that the Federal Government will not ask any oil producing state, especially Akwa Ibom, to refund even a kobo, based on the perverted supreme court judgement. If it does, then it should also refund the balance of the expropriated mineral rents and royalties to the rightful landlords. In the Nigerian situation where about 78 per cent of total federal revenue and 98 per cent of foreign exchange earnings in 1999 were derived from oil revenue, no patriotic Nigerian who is keenly interested in the overall development of the nation would suggest or support absolute resource control, especially mineral oil and gas resources. But the fundamental rights of the people must not be denied. Mineral rents and royalties rightly belong to the real landowners i.e. families, villages, communities and clans, irrespective of the unjust Constitutions, Petroleum and Land Use Acts. It is the denial of the property rights of the rightful owners of land and oil that has led to the disputes, dislocations, and conflicts between oil-bearing communities, and the oil companies and government. Therefore, it is in the best business interest of oil companies and government to recognise their true landlords. When the rightful of oil become business partners with oil companies and government then justice is done, and peace and progress will reign supreme in the Niger Delta Region in particular, and Nigeria is general.

Angaye is Professor of Economics and Dean of Management Sciences at the Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa state.

July 2002
Re: Our Government Bad O, Post Your "Frustration" and "Revolution" Songs Here by petertosh: 5:24pm On Aug 31, 2011
Haba Okada man, e bi like say Jona no won sort you grin grin grin
Re: Our Government Bad O, Post Your "Frustration" and "Revolution" Songs Here by okadaman2: 7:47pm On Aug 31, 2011
^
Yes. I wan provoke am to pay me more.
Re: Our Government Bad O, Post Your "Frustration" and "Revolution" Songs Here by IVORY2009(m): 10:26am On Sep 01, 2011
Who are u U have to be very careful, using words!!!
Re: Our Government Bad O, Post Your "Frustration" and "Revolution" Songs Here by okadaman2: 2:38pm On Sep 01, 2011
^
Do you know whoayam?  angry

Check my location signature.

Abeg, post ya own song or scram.
Re: Our Government Bad O, Post Your "Frustration" and "Revolution" Songs Here by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 01, 2011
Re: Our Government Bad O, Post Your "Frustration" and "Revolution" Songs Here by okadaman2: 11:00pm On Jan 10, 2012
UPDATE:

One day for the thief. .

We told you Nigerians will hit the streets.

Anyway Eedris Has jaga jaga part 2 Out

Music is the language of self expression and self determination. Use it as you hit the streets.

[flash=490,380]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4z9Vp-vuBQ[/flash]
Re: Our Government Bad O, Post Your "Frustration" and "Revolution" Songs Here by Teryfik(m): 11:07am On Aug 24, 2015
I neva tire 2 dey yarn i go speak my mind cos tym don reach 4 my pple casala 2 burst as fela yarn til ingo but my pple no see,politicians jst dey yarn dust ontop t.v, we put satelite 4 space but we no get light,owu dey blow my pple stil we no won fight,we b d top 5 richest oil nation 4 globe but my pple no fit afford kerosene 4 stove,remember '84' wen we stil dey grow $ na N5 den na 220 2day

(1) (Reply)

Oodua Group Backs Ogoni On Autonomy / Husband Kills Wife With A Hammer After Reading Text She Sent To Another Man / Oni Of Ife And Yoruba Obas Praying For GEJ In Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.