Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,378 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Have You Eaten - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Eaten (1773 Views)

'Have You Eaten'? / Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? / Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Eaten by CzarChris(m): 1:32pm On Aug 31, 2011
You meet girl do a lil toasting, get her hooked, she feels your swag. Next day you communicate on the phone first question and also quite annoying"HAVE YOU EATEN". Girl even if I ain't taken anything yet will you send me breakfast through the phone angry. For heaven sake if you ain't got a good conversation point then shut the F up angry angry angry and let me fix a date, i sure ain't no glutton. angry angry angry. BTW Ladies why always ask this dumb question?
Re: Have You Eaten by Fickle(f): 3:22pm On Aug 31, 2011
@op
why do you pick up dumb girls who ask dumb questions if you know you are not dumb yourself and ask dumb questions. must you continue a conversation with a dumb girl means no sane girl would relate with a dumb man. you attract what you are, mr dumb
Re: Have You Eaten by MrCork17: 3:25pm On Aug 31, 2011
Czar-Chris:

You meet girl do a lil toasting, get her hooked, she feels your swag. Next day you communicate on the phone first question and also quite annoying"HAVE YOU EATEN". Girl even if I ain't taken anything yet will you send me breakfast through the phone angry. For heaven sake if you ain't got a good conversation point then shut the F up angry angry angry and let me fix a date, i sure ain't no glutton. angry angry angry. BTW Ladies why always ask this dumb question?

Czar-Chris. Bro it seems you date only house maids (no oofeince) angry
Re: Have You Eaten by whyMMM: 3:36pm On Aug 31, 2011
. angry
Re: Have You Eaten by 5stardude: 3:43pm On Aug 31, 2011
I don't see anything wrong asking if you have eaten.
Re: Have You Eaten by zealot4me(f): 3:53pm On Aug 31, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Czar-Chris. Bro it seems you date only house maids (no oofeince) angry

grin grin grin grin grin lwkmd
Re: Have You Eaten by pendo89(f): 4:01pm On Aug 31, 2011
Czar al be sincere with you.I dont think the gal means exactly that! No I don't.
I prefer calling it an ice breaker and everybody has there own.Some will ask 'how's the weather, 'what's the news' today just anything to start off a conversation.These are the things that cause communication breakdowns cz men don't get what the lady is trying to communicate.
In this instance she's thinking of the next line as you digest the 'have you eaten one' I can assure she doesnt give a damn if u have or not.
Her next few lines are what you should pay attention to.
If shes not a dumb gal,consider it an icebreaker and ignore it instead of taking offence.
Re: Have You Eaten by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 31, 2011
@Poster, you probably need to go to anger management camp. undecided undecided undecided

Nothing wrong with that question, even though is seem out of the blue. Like the young lady above me pointed out, she had to say something
to start the conversation.

If she had ask you like three or five times "Have you eaten?" Then you could call her "dumb".
Re: Have You Eaten by CzarChris(m): 4:46pm On Aug 31, 2011
Fickle:

@op
why do you pick up dumb girls who ask dumb questions if you know you are not dumb yourself and ask dumb questions. must you continue a conversation with a dumb girl means no sane girl would relate with a dumb man. you attract what you are, mr dumb

@fickles well thanks for your contribution, but from the way you sound, you sound very bitter are you a culprit of the above   I really didn't mean to strike a nerve"in my dumbness" but since you start conversations like that, I should expect you to be a bit smarter, life is not all about having a big booty grin grin , you know what they say about blondes  grin grin grin

@Mr. cork, still as immature as ever, I wish to tell you that here on NL we are serious praying for you to grow-up, coz its about time, your jokes are getting drier and drier, BTW I heard your a cripple how's it going, and don't forget to pay the cyber cafe owner this time.

@pendo89, very sensible talk my dear, but i've gotta be honest, its kinda annoying.
Re: Have You Eaten by pendo89(f): 5:10pm On Aug 31, 2011
Czar-Chris:

@pendo89, very sensible talk my dear, but i've gotta be honest, its kinda annoying.

Thats the essence of relationships.By the way am fond of asking this as wel grin . But I say so 'whats for dinner' or 'whats for breakfast?'
From there we can discuss culture, food types and soo many things.It's a warm up to get the communication going.
so relax.Next time suprise her with 'have you eaten'? Am sure you will never hear it from her again. She will notice.
Re: Have You Eaten by CzarChris(m): 5:13pm On Aug 31, 2011
wink
Re: Have You Eaten by Fickle(f): 9:59pm On Aug 31, 2011
@op

I am highly disappointed with your thread considering you claim to be matured & not dumb. Would have expected you to know how to tackle minor matters like this and not bring it forth in the romance section. The title of your topic further shows your level of intellect. Wish you luck & pray you get lucky with bright girls next time.
Re: Have You Eaten by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 31, 2011
a nigerian man asked me that. *coughs*
Re: Have You Eaten by MissyB3(f): 10:09pm On Aug 31, 2011
Kai! To think I'm guilty of this.  embarassed
Well, in my defense, I do not just ask anybody . . .You have to be my him or a friend I care about.  cheesy
Re: Have You Eaten by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 31, 2011
<sighs>
The children creating threads these days.
How is that a terrible question?  undecided

OP sounds like one of 'em over-do boys.

Missy ★ B:

Kai! To think I'm guilty of this.  embarassed
Well, in my defense, I do not just ask anybody . . .You have to be my him or a friend I care about.  cheesy

Nothing do you. Ask away. Shows u care. Leave children to their opinions.
Re: Have You Eaten by kistehsia(f): 10:41pm On Aug 31, 2011
"Have you eaten?" can be a very real question with real concern, My Man asks me this question often, I am a diabetic! If I don't eat when I should there could be serious complications, don't mistake concern for "no brains" just not nice, especially when there are people out there that are starving,

JMO kistehsia
Re: Have You Eaten by Pweety4me(f): 11:27pm On Aug 31, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Kai! To think I'm guilty of this. embarassed
Well, in my defense, I do not just ask anybody . . .You have to be my him or a friend I care about. cheesy

Exactly, that wouldnt make no sense and i wouldn't even care about the answer undecided
Re: Have You Eaten by Pweety4me(f): 11:28pm On Aug 31, 2011
Lol op u need to calm down, if it makes you remember ur water and garri situation then avoid dating altogether shuorrr
Re: Have You Eaten by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 31, 2011
embarassed
Re: Have You Eaten by freecocoa(f): 7:36am On Sep 01, 2011
Op na wa,that question is not anywhere near dumb,it could be an icebreaker like someone already said or just showing care,I ask that question and that doesn't make me dumb so if you are judging †ђξ babe based on that harmless question then I guess we all know who †ђξ dummy is.
Re: Have You Eaten by Mynd44: 8:06am On Sep 01, 2011
Fickle:

@op

I am highly disappointed with your thread considering you claim to be matured & not dumb. Would have expected you to know how to tackle minor matters like this and not bring it forth in the romance section. The title of your topic further shows your level of intellect. Wish you luck & pray you get lucky with bright girls next time.

GBAM!!!!!
Re: Have You Eaten by Goldieluks: 9:20am On Sep 01, 2011
When a girl/lady ask a guy such question,it only goes to show,she cares,yes it sounds funny,but it is the truth.
Most times when am pretty far away from my man,i occasionally ask him,if he's had anything to eat,and if he says yes, I'd
feel ok,but if he says no, I'd sort of feel worried and maybe suggest to him to quickly grab something to eat. It is a natural
phenomena and i do not see anything wrong in your girl asking you such question,your just feeling irritated for nothing.

There are some things that happens in life,that we do not need to question,it just happen to occur naturally.
OP,how would you feel in the presence of your friends,if your friend's girl friend calls him and ask him the same question,
and at that same instance,you receive a call from your girl,and she didn't even bother to ask if you have had anything to eat,
she just goes'' where are you'' hope your okay, goodbye''. You'll be the first person to complain and moan,that she didn't
even bother to ask if i have had anything to eat or not,i know she doesn't care if i starve or not. WON'T YOU?
Re: Have You Eaten by nassiwa: 10:10am On Sep 01, 2011
I dont see anything wrong with this question. Its a sign to show that she cares about you.
Re: Have You Eaten by BigosLady(f): 10:42am On Sep 01, 2011
Hmm my boyfriend is always asking me this question just after saying hello, He must be really dumb then :-D
Re: Have You Eaten by Mynd44: 11:48am On Sep 01, 2011
GOLDIE, have you eaten?

(1) (Reply)

Desperate And Dangerous An Advise For Romance Section Women / My Ex Says So Much Trash / A Sad Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.