Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,972 members, 7,852,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:11 PM

An International Team Of Scientists Has Found That Female Snakes Have Clitorises - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / An International Team Of Scientists Has Found That Female Snakes Have Clitorises (1235 Views)

Regé-jean Page Is The Most Handsome Man In The World, According To Scientists / Do You Agree With This From Maria ude NachisPage that female prisoners are fresh / THIS Will Get That Female Friend Of Your In Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An International Team Of Scientists Has Found That Female Snakes Have Clitorises by Karemarealty288(m): 1:36pm On Dec 19, 2022
An international team of scientists has found that female snakes have clitorises.

The researchers say previous research has mistaken the organs as scent glands or underdeveloped versions of joysticks.

The study titled ‘First evidence of hemiclitores in snakes,’ was published on Wednesday in the journal Proceedings of the Royal Society B.

The study is the first complete description of the clitoris in female snakes.

The researchers found that snakes have two individual clitorises – hemiclitores – separated medially by connective tissue, forming a triangular structure that extends posteriorly.

The researchers led by Megan Folwell of the School of Biological Sciences, The University of Adelaide in Australia, say these histological features suggest the snake hemiclitores have functional significance in mating and definitively show that the hemiclitores are not underdeveloped hemipenes or scent glands, which have been erroneously indicated in other studies.

“Our discovery supports that hemiclitores have been retained across squamates and provides preliminary evidence of differences in this structure among snake species, which can be used to further understand systematics, reproductive evolution and ecology across squamate reptiles,” she said.

The scientists concluded that the study opens fruitful avenues for research into genital development, function and evolution.

“Our discovery of likely functional snake hemiclitores implies greater morphological diversity of Instruments within squamates than previously described, from the evertable lizard hemiclitores and squamate hemipenes to the non-eversible snake hemiclitores. Variation in the snake hemiclitores might prove to be correlated with courtship and mating behaviours and help us understand female choice.

“We suggest that the hemiclitores transduce sensation to the female snake during courtship and copulation, which might promote longer and more frequent mating leading to increased fertilisation success.

“Further investigation into the sensory features of snake hemiclitores and hemipenes are needed to determine potential tactile sensitivity. Comparative morphological investigations of hemiclitores and hemipenes within and among taxa would also provide insight into the possible coevolution of male and female Instruments,” they noted.

https://punchng.com/scientists-find-clitorises-on-female-snakes/

Re: An International Team Of Scientists Has Found That Female Snakes Have Clitorises by palimo: 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2022
Someone should please help me call lala

1 Like

Re: An International Team Of Scientists Has Found That Female Snakes Have Clitorises by duro4chang(m): 1:58pm On Dec 19, 2022
Some snakes are hermaphrodites
Re: An International Team Of Scientists Has Found That Female Snakes Have Clitorises by loucbou: 2:00pm On Dec 19, 2022
No way. Snakes dey do menstration too? Snakes have center of gravity too?
Re: An International Team Of Scientists Has Found That Female Snakes Have Clitorises by Mastakija(m): 2:00pm On Dec 19, 2022
R
Re: An International Team Of Scientists Has Found That Female Snakes Have Clitorises by muyico(m): 2:11pm On Dec 19, 2022
Lala will like dis! Fp straight! Give me 4minutes?
Re: An International Team Of Scientists Has Found That Female Snakes Have Clitorises by Ekejoestar(m): 2:30pm On Dec 19, 2022
I'm not surprised at all cos if the female walking snakes have clitoris, is it the female crawling ones that won't have clitoris?

If dem check am well sef, dem fit see breasts join am.

11 Likes

Re: An International Team Of Scientists Has Found That Female Snakes Have Clitorises by DonWest16(m): 2:39pm On Dec 19, 2022
Wtf tongue

I nor one hear say people don dey do sexual activities with snakes o cry
Re: An International Team Of Scientists Has Found That Female Snakes Have Clitorises by Jozilinn: 3:02pm On Dec 19, 2022
The moniker above me got me laughing hard shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: An International Team Of Scientists Has Found That Female Snakes Have Clitorises by Ikennaford: 3:04pm On Dec 19, 2022
Dem go moan if I lickam?
Re: An International Team Of Scientists Has Found That Female Snakes Have Clitorises by kozmokaz(m): 3:30pm On Dec 19, 2022
Ekejoestar:
I'm not surprised at all cos if the female walking snakes have clitoris, is it the female crawling ones that won't have clitoris?

Werey
Re: An International Team Of Scientists Has Found That Female Snakes Have Clitorises by Kiddogarcia(m): 4:26pm On Dec 19, 2022
Ohhh better romance for them snakes then.

Na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement
Re: An International Team Of Scientists Has Found That Female Snakes Have Clitorises by Nicepoker(m): 6:21pm On Dec 19, 2022
Their counterparts walking on two feet has clitoris too. grin No wonder the crawling snake choose to visit their kind in that lovely garden that was originally made for a man. Before the bleeding gender forced her way through. grin

2 Likes

Re: An International Team Of Scientists Has Found That Female Snakes Have Clitorises by SyrusdeHansome(m): 6:43pm On Dec 19, 2022
How are we sure that this other discovery isn't also a mistake, afterall the other findings was held 2b true 4 yrs. Science can never be 100% accurate, only God is
Re: An International Team Of Scientists Has Found That Female Snakes Have Clitorises by Silentgroper(m): 6:48pm On Dec 19, 2022
Ekejoestar:

Lmao.. Just d comment i wanna see.
Re: An International Team Of Scientists Has Found That Female Snakes Have Clitorises by Kharol1234: 7:56pm On Dec 19, 2022
Another one
Re: An International Team Of Scientists Has Found That Female Snakes Have Clitorises by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 19, 2022
palimo:
Someone should please help me call lala
lala no dey chop snake again
Re: An International Team Of Scientists Has Found That Female Snakes Have Clitorises by tnerro1(m): 10:47pm On Dec 19, 2022
Hope they were not fingering all the snakes to come to this conclusion

(1) (Reply)

Me And You Dey Drag Babe, You Rush Buy Iphone 15 Give Her, Na Man Dey Do Man Sha / Wife In Shock As She Sees Receipts In Her Husband's Pocket After He Banned Meat / What Do You Have To Say About This Young Man Demands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.