Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,727 members, 7,851,488 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:38 PM

Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison (35215 Views)

Money Laundering: Okupe Pays ₦‎13 Million Fine, Escapes Two-Year Jail / BREAKING: Money Laundering; Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison / Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by BJanta: 4:07pm On Dec 19, 2022
No wonder Labour Party's
campaign fund is missing here and.
there.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by lovinagbad: 4:07pm On Dec 19, 2022
asanausana91:
Someone stole an ordinary generator you sentence him to 5 years in prison while another person stole over 200 million you told him to pay only 500k? This is rubbish.
Nigeria we hail

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by Waterlrd: 4:07pm On Dec 19, 2022
opalu:
Politicians become desperate to this extent when they know they are jittery and have lost. All the calculations reveal that Peter Obi is the next president. If not they would have been going after the DG of Atiku.
Yea, it is only the player that hold the ball that can be attacked. The election has long been won by lp before this campaign and they are well aware of it.
It didn't occur to them , that all the money they stored for settling tugs and buying votes will not be available to them. That's their greatest agony at this moment and there's nothing they can do about it.
Nigerians are aware of their desperate moves to stop and put on hold the new cbn policy which is no way going to work for them.

So, whatever they're doing now , is their last minute fight and they will only get more injured.
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by Drsmartphilips: 4:09pm On Dec 19, 2022
KEVIND:
"If we channel this supreme court energy to presidential candidates. Tinubu and Akitu won't be on the ballot

Vote Peter Obi."
Pandora obichukwu won't be there too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by membranus: 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2022
Soft landing.

Okupe needs 10 years in prison to cure him of his kleptomania.

2 Likes

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by EmmyDJourno: 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2022
Parachoko:
You're the dumb thing here. The fraud was sentence to two years in prison with an option of paying fine, but your useless self dey cry about some urchins somewhere.

So I need to know if the court is part of the urchins, person wey get sense would be happy Okupe got convicted by the Court even though his punishment is a joke

The context of what was written was clear, you submission shows you have a poor understanding of Literature
Jokes on you fella wink
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by Haywhy3579: 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2022
Anthony0094:
case that have been going on 4 almost 8yrs, u did not find him guilty all that time, bit the moment he become obident, he was found guilty,no wahala may he do his time

but obident movement is unstoppable

So because the case has been running for four years, the case shld not be completed or what are u really preaching. U Obidient claim u will turn Nigeria to London but u still want to defend any corrupt officers within ur ranks. If that is the modes oprandy of ur next government, then Nigeria is in for another season film by Obidient and the saying goes on. Join Obidient and all ur past sins are forgiving.

1 Like

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by Nnamaka1: 4:12pm On Dec 19, 2022
Parachoko:
Just two years

Or nah just my eyes dey deceive me?

Yes just 2yrs but also with an option of fine of N1million.

So by just paying them N1million, he would walk free

White collar Crime really pays in Nigeria
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 19, 2022
Onedayoneday:
Bad publicity for Peter Obi
nothing like bad publicity for peter obi

1 Like

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by IreneJane: 4:13pm On Dec 19, 2022
opalu:
Politicians become desperate to this extent when they know they are jittery and have lost. All the calculations reveal that Peter Obi is the next president. If not they would have been going after the DG of Atiku.

Lol, do you know when the case has been in court?
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by Jackbaur88: 4:13pm On Dec 19, 2022
500k as fine is money for a bottle of coke. We will pay sharply, someone should send Doyin's account details to me now, let me wire 1M to him. Let him use the 500K on top to chop hot Suya and take cool bottle of Malt.
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by janvier27(m): 4:14pm On Dec 19, 2022
Unbelievable. The ridiculous 2 years is even with option of 1m fine for laundering 200m. So shameful. Same way we were celebrating collecting 30bn from a thief that was reported to have stolen 109bn. The man is comfortably at home while someone is being sentenced to death somewhere for blasphemy.

1 Like

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by chris4gold(m): 4:16pm On Dec 19, 2022
You seem to be the only person on the front page that reads and understands the news.

ishayaauta:
LMAO so 1 million will save him from jail

1 Like

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by Kobicove(m): 4:16pm On Dec 19, 2022
Nigeria is a land of comedy! grin
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by Atlantis585: 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2022
And yet Thiefnubbu a known drug dealer, criminal, money launderer and PVC buyer is allowed to wander around untouched.

There is God ooo!
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by Naijaepic: 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2022
You are quick to forget how many years Dasuki spent in Prison without trial on same offence?

CaptainAyub:
Meanwhile,Dasuki who gave him money is in his house,his own trial has not even started because he is fulani.
And when they said he was in detention,it was that type of detention where he was forking his wife on d regular to he impregnated her grin
But they quickly concluded the trial of Olisah Metuh and now Okupe..
Naija is a fulani cattle zoo colony sha grin
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by newnigerdelta1: 4:19pm On Dec 19, 2022
tspun:
All because of labour party

There is a witch haunt going on against anyone supporting labour party, look at the number of assassination and assault within a month, I know Kenneth okokwo will be their next target

But we will not give up, we must fight for our country our vote is for PETER OBI

Shut up, politics is a game,not over Sabi or over lie lie .....if you play your cards well u will.....call it witchhurting or
Whatever,get out ....
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by rajiedreez: 4:20pm On Dec 19, 2022
opalu:

I'm not saying it's not witch hunt, but did he collect money or not
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by Mensonges: 4:24pm On Dec 19, 2022
Eyaaaa

Peter Obi will start shopping for another right hand man.

But be that as it may, I will remain OBIdient till thy kingdom come.
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by AfonjaPriest: 4:27pm On Dec 19, 2022
tinsel:

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/12/19/money-laundering-okupe-found-guilty-sentenced-to-two-years-in-prison/
BATstard miscreant urchins should remember that Doyin Okupe is an Afonja. Peter Obi is not the owner of Labour Party. He is the incoming President of Nigeria.
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by Allisgud: 4:27pm On Dec 19, 2022
If he is guilty as charged,obi should remove him sharparly make him no come stain our white grin grin grin
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by asanausana91: 4:29pm On Dec 19, 2022
Shame shame shame to the useless judge.
A man stole over 200 million and you told him to pay only one million?
There is nothing like sentencing in this judgement. Two years with an option of 1 million? This judge should be stoned to death if it were to be in a country where things are working.
No wonder politians are not afraid of stealing in this country.
The problem of this country not the politicians but the judges. This useless judge should not be assigned to any corrupt case again.

1 Like

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by OTBA: 4:29pm On Dec 19, 2022
With the option of N500,000 fine twice, in case you missed that part.

Most favorable indictment ever imho.

Parachoko:
Just two years

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by asanausana91: 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2022
Mensonges:
Eyaaaa

Peter Obi will start shopping for another right hand man.

But be that as it may, I will remain OBIdient till thy kingdom come.
some of you didn't even read the judgement.
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by NovusHomo(m): 4:35pm On Dec 19, 2022
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by Addme: 4:37pm On Dec 19, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Haha. I never liked Okupe being in LP from the onset, given his antecedents. LP can now be exonerated for expelling him over mismanagement of 20m naira. Its in their blood. I pity those rooting for atiku. The likes of Ayu will flood pdp appointment list, God forbid
When did LP expel Okupe? Instead they expelled Arabambi who blew the lid open.
LP was on his side.
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by Donedeal1(m): 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2022
This country is a comedy,

500k for looted 200m,

,how does that sound like justice

to the judgment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by tabaralph: 4:43pm On Dec 19, 2022
Parachoko:
Just two years

My dear he’s not even going to jail, he has options to pay 1million on the 2count charges for misappropriation of over 200millions..Jesus wept
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by Lexicon123: 4:50pm On Dec 19, 2022
ishayaauta:
LMAO so 1 million will save him from jail
As in ehn! Is that not corruption in our legal system itself? How can paying just N1m for N200m? Where’s the deterrence? Later you’ll be hearing ridiculous judgments against the poor. This is rubbish to say the least.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by brainhgeek(m): 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2022
..and where is the briber Sabo Dasuki
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by Lifestone(m): 4:52pm On Dec 19, 2022
CaptainAyub:
Meanwhile,Dasuki who gave him money is in his house,his own trial has not even started because he is fulani.
And when they said he was in detention,it was that type of detention where he was forking his wife on d regular till he impregnated her grin
But they have quickly concluded the trial of Olisah Metuh and now Okupe..
Naija is a fulani cattle zoo colony sha grin
The same thought except the last part ran through my mind. How come the guy who dished the money out has not been convicted
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by lomprico(m): 4:53pm On Dec 19, 2022
Onedayoneday:
Bad publicity for Peter Obi

Na him tif the money? Tinubu that is a proven drug lord nko and atiku that looted all privatisation finds nko?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price / Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com / Thugs Attack #EndInsecurityNow Protesters In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.