Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,736 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Na So Abroad Life Be? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Na So Abroad Life Be? (40145 Views)

Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos / “I Moved To Dubai At 19 For Photography” – Abroad Life / “I Was In Detention For Three Months”- Abroad Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by kafeii123: 5:00pm On Jan 03, 2023
sunboy:

You’d be surprised if I tell you that majority of American states tap water is not drinkable, that’s why most rely on purified bottled water.
This is true
Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by studyless123: 5:02pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Story story....
2. Obesity is high yet mortality age is equally high meaning the fat are also living long... wow!! lipsrsealed

Obesity reduces life expectancy. Let me burst your bubble. The US doesn't come in the top 30 countries in life expectancy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by baretalk: 5:04pm On Jan 03, 2023
kafeii123:

Citabke reference for this your assumption?
Heart disease is caused by too much fries, too much calories and junk food.
Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by Kobojunkie: 5:04pm On Jan 03, 2023
studyless123:
Obesity reduces life expectancy. Let me burst your bubble. The US doesn't come in the top 30 countries in life expectancy.
Abegi! Yet many of the 37% live longer than the Nigerian mortality age of 57, right? undecided

1 Like

Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by baretalk: 5:05pm On Jan 03, 2023
studyless123:

No mind those dullards, they think everything about America and in America is perfect.

1 Like

Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by baretalk: 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2023
kafeii123:

Plenty herbicides and pesticides.....abegb shift
Those can be washed off, GMO and heavy preservatives is worse.
Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by etrange: 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2023
eDarlling:
My neigbour, a woman who travelled abroad to visit her son who got married to a white woman. She was there for just 4 months. When she came back to Nigeria, she has grown fat.

She was a thin black woman in Nigeria, but within four months stay in abroad, she has turn fatty and abit fair in complexion.

Na So Abroad Life Be?

This is not about abroad life but more about the fact that she went on 'holidays'. The same thing could have happened to her even if it was in Nigeria. People living abroad don't just stay home, sleep, eat and watch TV like she must have been doing. They go out to hustle. So using the experience of someone vacationing at a place to judge the experience of people living there is not very logical in my opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by studyless123: 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Abegi! Yet many of the 37% live longer than the Nigerian mortality age of 57, right? undecided

The argument is not about Nigeria vs American life expectancy. They are several factors affecting the life expectancy of Nigerians. Generally, junk food is not good for your health.

1 Like

Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by Kobojunkie: 5:15pm On Jan 03, 2023
studyless123:
The argument is not about Nigeria vs American life expectancy. They are several factors affecting the life expectancy of Nigerians. Generally, junk food is not good for your health.
Abeg, spare me the bullsheet excuses abeg! They are old and tasteless at this point! undecided

1 Like

Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by ibkayee(f): 5:15pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. You folks and just spewing stuff without doing your own research. Even Mcdonald's food is no longer labeled unhealthy since it pretty much mirrors what you make at home. So, why continue to spread these lies against Mcdonald's? Which part of your bother is overprocessed again abeg? The lettuce? the cheese? The tomatoes? The bun? The beef pattie? Name it. embarassed

2. So the easy and cheap "proper" meals that we have access to here abroad are what? Not? undecided

Guy, I don’t know if you got tipped off that we’re getting paid by the world health organisation to comment on this thread but calm down because I don’t know what all the vim is about. If I’ve gotten something wrong that’s fine, I didn’t claim to be an authority on nutrition, I’m just speaking on my personal experiences.

McDonald’s is just an example of fast food, there are other franchises I can list, frozen junk foods, ready made foods, snacks which are not the end of the world if you consume every once in a while but a lot of these things are packed with sodium, fatty acids, sugar and most importantly a large amount calories in small portions, so if one makes a habit of grabbing these because they’re easy to access it can lead to a habit of an unhealthy diet.

From my experience, unhealthier foods are easier and more convenient to access abroad. If that’s not the case for you, no problem

5 Likes

Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by Kobojunkie: 5:20pm On Jan 03, 2023
ibkayee:
1. Guy, I don’t know if you got tipped off that we’re getting paid by the world health organisation to comment on this thread but calm down because I don’t know what’s with all the vim. If I’ve gotten something wrong that’s fine, I didn’t claim to be an authority on nutrition, I’m just speaking on my personal experiences. McDonald’s is just an example of fast food, there are other franchises I can list, frozen junk foods, ready made foods, snacks which are the not the end of the world if you consume every once in a while but a lot of these things are packed with sodium, fatty acids, sugar and most importantly a large amount calories in small portions, so if one makes a habit of grabbing these because they’re easy to access it can lead to a habit of an unhealthy diet.

2. From my experience, unhealthier foods are easier and more convenient to access abroad. If that’s not the case for you, no problem
1. So, frozen junk foods no dey Nigeria be that? Or only people in Nigeria don't make a habit of grabbing them from their freezers? undecided
2. So, the healthy foods at say Mcdonald's, Chipotle, etc. are not also easier and more convenient to access abroad? undecided
Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by studyless123: 5:21pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Abeg, spare me the bullsheet excuses abeg! They are old and tasteless at this point! undecided

Young man, you're smarter than this. What is your point exactly? Wanting to engage in some Tuesday trolls or willing to be educated on diet and food?
Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by kafeii123: 5:22pm On Jan 03, 2023
baretalk:

Heart disease is caused by too much fries, too much calories and junk food.

Ook
Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by ibkayee(f): 5:26pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. So, frozen junk foods no dey Nigeria be that? Or only people in Nigeria don't make a habit of grabbing them from their freezers? undecided
2. So, the healthy foods at say Mcdonald's, Chipotle, etc. are not also easier and more convenient to access abroad? undecided
So the average Nigerian living in the poverty capital of the world is grabbing frozen chicken nuggets and chips since I specifically mentioned frozen junk foods, not frozen foods in general

These junk food franchisees have healthier options but are primarily known for their cheap, fatty, salty bargain meals. McDonald’s is literally the pinnacle of unhealthy fast food

2 Likes

Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by LILTJAY: 5:31pm On Jan 03, 2023
ednut1:
why is lukaku and kante black shebi they were born there. Mumu looking for my attention so bad
but you black pass them na cheesy
Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 03, 2023
She doesn't work here in Nigeria either. She a retired teacher. She just stays at home, eat and rest.

Right now, she has reduce in weight to her normal size.

etrange:

This is not about abroad life but more about the fact that she went on 'holidays'. The same thing could have happened to her even if it was in Nigeria. People living abroad don't just stay home, sleep, eat and watch TV like she must have been doing. They go out to hustle. So using the experience of someone vacationing at a place to judge the experience of people living there is not very logical in my opinion.
Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by Kobicove(m): 5:34pm On Jan 03, 2023
Itzteewhy:
Chai grin see how guys are SIMPing on top ibkayee, person wey don marry.

SMH

Nothing for them grin
Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by Ladymillion(f): 5:40pm On Jan 03, 2023
Excessive consumption of over processed foods, her fairness might be attributed to the cool weather

1 Like

Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by etrange: 5:41pm On Jan 03, 2023
eDarlling:
She doesn't work in Nigeria. She just stays home, eat and rest.

When you are at someone's house, the host goes far and beyond to make you comfortable. They make sure you have no responsibilities. You wake up whenever you want, eat whatever you want and go wherever you want. You can't really compare vacations with your own home where you have responsibilities, think of the next day's meal, and manage expenses. Even if she was fattened by the fattening sugary foods in the US, it would still imply life there ain't healthy cause those fattening junks are mostly eaten by people who who can't afford good foods.

All I'm saying is that she might have had a nice time, but her experience doesn't come close to that of people who go abroad to earn a living.

5 Likes

Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by AreaFada2: 5:47pm On Jan 03, 2023
[i][/i]
sharpwriter:

Good question... Even Kante and Lukaku wey get money like mad no turn oyinbo.. Dem still retain their charcoal black.. There is something our "abroadians" are not telling us as regards their lifestyle, especially women
9ja, male and female these days can only face fierce competition from Indians, Ghanaians, Cameroonians and Congo-Zairians in the use of "skin toning" creams.

You see a dark 50 years old 9ja guy after 6 months and he now looks like yellow banana with black knuckles. grin cheesy

Some of our ladies take it to another level entirely.

Simple biology ought to have enlightened people about the risks of bleaching their skin.

2 Likes

Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On Jan 03, 2023
ibkayee:
1. So the average Nigerian living in the poverty capital of the world is grabbing frozen chicken nuggets and chips since I specifically mentioned frozen junk foods, not frozen foods in general

2. These junk food franchisees have healthier options but are primarily known for their cheap, fatty, salty bargain meals. McDonald’s is literally the pinnacle of unhealthy fast food
1. So, forget puff-puff and akara, fried plantain chips, friend yam, fried fish, etc., and other fried delicacies, na only frozen fried chicken nuggets dey unhealthy? undecided

2. So, ignore all the healthy foods wey dey McDonald's abi? I don ask you before, what part of the McDonald's burger is unhealthy? undecided
Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On Jan 03, 2023
eDarlling:
She doesn't work in Nigeria. She just stays home, eat and rest.
Does she at least feed well? Does she have people taking care of her or around her to keep her happy and all? undecided
Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:54pm On Jan 03, 2023
MimiSheWrote:
Lol an average Nigerian that hasn't traveled before always over-estimates "abroad" in their imagination. as if it's another planet and people there breathes in different type of oxygen, Or that white people are such a big deal and much different from us.

Then you finally get there and realize that they also have people that don't shower or brush for days, People who pick their nose and eat it, people who spit on the sidewalk and people who scratch their itchy nyash and balls in public.

Loooooooooooooooooooooooool @ scratch their itchy nyash and balls in public... What if they are females, what will they scratch? Lol
Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by Lekan239(m): 6:02pm On Jan 03, 2023
dochenaj:

The fact that you used the daily estimation of $100 to arrive at $3000 monthly meant you had never been to the US neither do you understand how the wage structure work there.

So you are clearly in no position to adjudge what is poverty by US standards.

People come on a public and faceless forum and give an impression of being knowledgeable when they know nothing about what they are talking about.
guy chill that is just a rough estimation based on what the guy said. Perhaps that the same way you guys profiles US as heaven on earth hear in Nigeria before moving there to find out all things are not rosy like they thought
Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by ibkayee(f): 6:10pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. So, forget puff-puff and akara, fried plantain chips, friend yam, fried fish, etc., and other fried delicacies, na only frozen fried chicken nuggets dey unhealthy? undecided

2. So, ignore all the healthy foods wey dey McDonald's abi? I don ask you before, what part of the McDonald's burger is unhealthy? undecided
It gets tiring arguing with people who move the goal post and are committed to misunderstanding things. I hope the rest of your week gets better since it seems you’re in a bit of a mood today. Take care

1 Like

Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by Kobojunkie: 6:16pm On Jan 03, 2023
ibkayee:
It gets tiring arguing with people who move the goal post and are committed to misunderstanding things. I hope the rest of your week gets better since it seems you’re in a bit of a mood today. Take care
You clearly explained that the poverty-stricken people of Nigeria have access to better food options even though the foods are just as deep-fried as the frozen junk foods we find abroad. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by Smartguyboy(m): 6:17pm On Jan 03, 2023
If abroad do really change black people skin why the like of N’Golo Kante can’t change?

Na junk food Dey make people fat for abroad oh not healthy food which is expensive.

Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by kabukabu50(m): 6:36pm On Jan 03, 2023
Ladymillion:
Excessive consumption of over processed foods, her fairness might be attributed to the cool weather

Thats false.
Also you do know that garri is over processed right?

1 Like

Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by CuteNbad(m): 6:36pm On Jan 03, 2023
ibkayee:

OP is going to flog us for ruining his thread lol

Jokes aside though, mo ti marry lol but urm I have a bit of ibile I guess lol I don’t always use cutlery when I eat eba, does that count? grin
Babe,why you dey blush on a faceless forum?

1 Like

Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by kabukabu50(m): 6:37pm On Jan 03, 2023
Lekan239:
guy chill that is just a rough estimation based on what the guy said. Perhaps that the same way you guys profiles US as heaven on earth hear in Nigeria before moving there to find out all things are not rosy like they thought

I'm sure you're alone in that thought process hon.

There's a reason average life expectancy in the US is 51 in Nigeria and 79 in the US

1 Like

Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by kabukabu50(m): 6:39pm On Jan 03, 2023
Splitmind:
Don't be deceived, Nigerians are going through hell and suffering abroad, most can't come back because they don't have money for a flight ticket!!!

Stop being unpatriotic and stay back to rebuild Nigeria.

I'll come back and rebuild when your President and ministers ban medical trips abroad and schooling abroad for their kids.

1 Like

Re: Na So Abroad Life Be? by MimiSheWrote(f): 7:19pm On Jan 03, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

Loooooooooooooooooooooooool @ scratch their itchy nyash and balls in public... What if they are females, what will they scratch? Lol
you already know lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The True State Of Lagos Light Rail Marina Axis - Photos / Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria 2. / Over 20 People, Children Die In Cars Trapped In Snow Storm In Pakistan(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.