Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare (15784 Views)

This Davido And Psquare Fight Sha,na Wa O / Psquare's Lola Omatayo And Wizkid's Tani Omotayo Are Blood Sisters (LOOK) / Fans Insults PSquare For Deleting May-D's Tracks From Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by htajz: 3:59pm On Sep 03, 2011
Kollage:

I love D'banj, Darey, and all Nigerian act doing collabo with the west but at same tym we re proud to b Africans and Nigerians in particular. wat P square said is wat M. I. said too, is his interview with choic boiz wen they came to London, according to them, Nigerian artiste don't need to run to these yankee guys on their knees begging for collabo and at last paying a whole lot of money for a single track. ask don jazzy how much he paid to snoop dogg for endowed remix. all am saying is that we got what it takes, naija no dey carry last, let believe in ourselves. M. i. said if he will do collabo with any western musician then it will be based on mutual respect and not him paying so much to work with u, simple.

thank you ,you have said it all , nobody said collabo is bad but its not a criteria for being successful as an african artist ,some fools here think you must lick american ass before you can make it as a nigerian.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by htajz: 4:00pm On Sep 03, 2011
koolgrap:

htajz:      Who is this guy (htajz),when u start to dey listen to music, I guess during daddy showkey. Instead of P square listen to Usher, instead of M.I listen to Lil wayne,instead of our funny dancehall listen to jamaica hits or raggaeton. I am very positive we nEed collabo with foriegners if opportunity come. Our entertainment industry is 0•5 / 10.   Who say make u patronize them is saying rubbish believe me. I prefer western sports, western clothes,weestern language , because na there e for dey happen. So Mr htajz shut da hell up

your post have exposed you for the fool you are,if you prefer western music then why are you commenting on this thread?
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by htajz: 4:04pm On Sep 03, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

@htajz
Bwahahahahahahaha!

Aiiight keep telling yourself that. Far be it from me to poke holes at your delusions. Everyone is entiled to believe in something. . .no matter how idiotic. It gives 'em a reason to wake up every morning. cheesy

what delusion , prove me wrong that p square and tuface are not the biggest nigerian artist.they have more youtube views than mos of your so called foreign artist or that nigerian artist have not been doing collabos, your really dumb and i guess you have run out of nonsense to post.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by koolgrap: 4:07pm On Sep 03, 2011
I believe Dbanj is unique dat is why his star is shinning,watch Dbanj tear the world apart. From collabo wey he do he was officially signed again. Kanye West present an for one of his show. Psquare and MI,make dem go buy land tire for Ikorodu make dem go seek assylum for Croatia if dem feel too big for Collabo
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by htajz: 4:12pm On Sep 03, 2011
koolgrap:

I believe Dbanj is unique dat is why his star is shinning,watch Dbanj tear the world apart. From collabo wey he do he was officially signed again. Kanye West present an for one of his show. Psquare and MI,make dem go buy land tire for Ikorodu make dem go seek assylum for Croatia if dem feel too big for Collabo
am happy for dbanj but psquare and mi wioll continue to shine just like osadebe and fela are still shining even after their death, their music are selling round the world without any foreign collabo so zip it, by the way after akon signed faze to konvict music since 2009 what happened? it does not determine your success.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by koolgrap: 4:14pm On Sep 03, 2011
Mr. htajz.      Why ur country people prefer weStern football leagues than ur so called naija league,  why ur players dey run go foreign go play na the same with music, if u get opportunnity u go do collabo with foreign artist.  Views for u2b.  Abeg htajz who don reach 25m views, number of views no be money, abi u feel so b4?
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by koolgrap: 4:17pm On Sep 03, 2011
Mr htajz , Akon never signed , he made it clear that they are trying to work things out
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by htajz: 4:20pm On Sep 03, 2011
koolgrap:

Mr. htajz.      Why your country people prefer weStern football leagues than your so called naija league,  why your players dey run go foreign go play na the same with music, if u get opportunnity u go do collabo with foreign artist.  Views for u2b.  Abeg htajz who don reach 25m views, number of views no be money, abi u feel so b4?  
so your now preaching the western lifestyle to us? views for youtube gets you more fans, more downloads and more concerts = more money something small minds like you know nothing of, alexjandra kidjo did not do foreign collabo before her musics where appreciated round the world and she became a world icon so pls keep your campaign to yourself.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by eghost247(m): 4:25pm On Sep 03, 2011
[size=20pt]and why are they saying this now? [/size]
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by igbogolo: 4:29pm On Sep 03, 2011
Did any one watch the Dbanj's collabo with snoop and how he was calling snoop 'uncle'? Hmmm, i for one did not like it.
Dbanj's preoccupation at the moment is courting US singers and I hope this strategy works for him. However I am strongly with psquare on this. Our music industry and nollywood is very unique and its this uniqueness that has ignited the nigerian frenzy and passion for naija music. Dbanj should stand on his own and quit looking for a marriage of convenience with US singers.

Psquare by miles wins by popularity in Africa. I visited Liberia and Senegal ( like someone mentioned) and its Psquare all the way. Even in nigeria, admidst the flurry of new artists( and irritating ones too),I dare say psquare is head and shoulders above them all!

Collaborating and chasing US artists is not their strategy and they have made it known, I dont see it as being jealous or hating.

This na my own opinion
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by koolgrap: 4:31pm On Sep 03, 2011
htajz htajz htajz:  only u watch 500,000 psquare utube videos, na u dey give Psquare mind. Wake up son,
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by eghost247(m): 4:34pm On Sep 03, 2011
igbogolo:

Did any one watch the Dbanj's collabo with snoop and how he was calling snoop 'uncle'? Hmmm, i for one did not like it.
Dbanj's preoccupation at the moment is courting US singers and I hope this strategy works for him. However I am strongly with psquare on this. Our music industry and nollywood is very unique and its this uniqueness that has ignited the nigerian frenzy and passion for naija music. Dbanj should stand on his own and quit looking for a marriage of convenience with US singers.

Psquare by miles wins by popularity in Africa. I visited Liberia and Senegal ( like someone mentioned) and its Psquare all the way. Even in nigeria, admidst the flurry of new artists( and irritating ones too),I dare say psquare is head and shoulders above them all!

Collaborating and chasing US artists is not their strategy and they have made it known, I dont see it as being jealous or hating.

This na my own opinion
oh gimme a break even in the us some artists acknowledge eachother as Boss or a sort of respect for someone on a higher music level dbanj courting us singers thats pathetic of u to think of
ha did he force kanye to sign him
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by RickyRoss1(m): 4:35pm On Sep 03, 2011
I love foreign music to some extent especially Rap/Hip Hop. My favorite artistes are Rick Ross, Lil Wayne etc. But these days Nigerian musicians are really trying so i prefer my Nigerian songs any day, anytime.

Go to any club all over Africa, each time there is Nigerian song the crowd usually go wild. It seems we dont appreciate what we have in Nigeria. We have the best/biggest musicians in Africa today, from Tu Face to Psquare, Dbanj and the rest.

However, there is nothing wrong with musician doing collabo with foreign acts and theres nothing wrong if you choose not to do. Psqure is still bigger and better than Dbang, Also, Dbanj is nobody without Don Jazzy, Don Jazzy has all the money, all the contacts and connections.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by htajz: 4:38pm On Sep 03, 2011
koolgrap:

htajz htajz htajz:  only u watch 500,000 psquare utube videos, na u dey give Psquare mind. Wake up son,

my friend go and rest you have run out of excuses even j martins and bracket have millions of viewers on their videos ,naija is doing it big with or without  collabos

afterall nas asked nneka for a collabo she didnt pay a dime for it ,it was mutual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yhujFaclTc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gBjQnYm6XM&feature=related
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Kollage(m): 4:39pm On Sep 03, 2011
listen up y'll, no artiste in Nigeria is as influential as Fela Kuti  even on 'broadway'. His music command respect all d world yet he sings from his shrine and neva did any collabo  with any western fellow has his own genre of music(afrobeatz) which is accepte .and famous. It might take tym but if d likes of P square and M. I. can hold on to their belief it will soon benefit em at the long run. remember Naeto C started in the States and U K before going bck to Nigeria and now a super star, including D'banj,M. I., Banky w and now JJC have moved bck to naija too, these people know wat Naija can offer and made those life changing decisions.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by vykte(m): 4:43pm On Sep 03, 2011
Psquare just like every other person is entitled to their opinion and I don't fink dae ar an exception, but what I don't like is while dae ve to mention it in a press conference,cos it wil be wrongly taken as them been jealouse!, but I fink dae ar on point though.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by htajz: 4:44pm On Sep 03, 2011
Kollage:

listen up y'll, no artiste in Nigeria is as influential as Fela Kuti  even on 'broadway'. His music command respect all d world yet he sings from his shrine and neva did any collabo  with any western fellow has his own genre of music(afrobeatz) which is accepte .and famous. It might take tym but if d likes of P square and M. I. can hold on to their belief it will soon benefit em at the long run. remember Naeto C started in the States and U K before going bck to Nigeria and now a super star, including D'banj,M. I., Banky w and now JJC have moved bck to naija too, these people know wat Naija can offer and made those life changing decisions.

thank you jare thats what they dont understand, naija music is the way now and everybody is trying to get a bite of it.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by htajz: 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2011
vykte:

Psquare just like every other person is entitled to their opinion and I don't fink dae ar an exception, but what I don't like is while dae ve to mention it in a press conference,cos it wil be wrongly taken as them been jealouse!, but I fink dae ar on point though.

jelous of who exactly ? nigerian artist have been doing collabos since early 2000s so who exactly should they jealous when they are on top.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by dabrake(m): 4:50pm On Sep 03, 2011
ajirebi20:

They cant get collabo like Dbanj, now they are hating

Typical Ibo mentality; when you cant beat them, Cry, cry, and cry some more.

Dbanj go on with your collabo, let them cry themselves dry, And BTW, P'square or whatever you call yourselves, please return your Yoruba wives to their right owners, it is about time
confirmed! Ur d guy dat escaped frm yaba left
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by thegeorgy(f): 4:57pm On Sep 03, 2011
jealousy don dey worry this people ooooo.p.square sorry oooooo!
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by marcus1234: 4:59pm On Sep 03, 2011
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by princeokek: 5:04pm On Sep 03, 2011
@Ajirebi20,you are really a BONCOM Must you bring tribe or become tribalistic in your posts?wetin concern what they said and their been ibo, mtcheew

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion,thats psquares opinion and na dem sabi.if any Nigerian musician has the opportunity to do a collabo,please do as far sa the collabo go bring pepper grin grin
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Rgp92: 5:08pm On Sep 03, 2011
How did this turn to tribal war? omg smh

Anyway, Psquare rulez cool cool Best Africa singers.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Kollage(m): 5:14pm On Sep 03, 2011
wat someppl don't seem to get or undastnd is dat 'it's not all about money' dis ppl dey represent us if they begin to show yankee em dat we are gold-diggers they see us as such. wat p square & M. i. are doing are doing is upholding their country's name and not personal interest, afterall Mary J bilge is doing a song with tu face on a mutual level and R kelly also did the 'one 8' and flex songs with 2 face on a mutual level. they are still on top of their game respected all over the world without seeking for who they wanna do collabo with. and for the guy who calls P square ibo mentality, on question for u is M. I. an ibo?
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by hercules07: 5:22pm On Sep 03, 2011
People bringing up Fela do not know much, Fela was popular in Africa and Europe, America was a different thing because they were not used to his sound and he came out at a time when music was music (of course being popular I mean, Diana Ross popularity). Fela was also unique as in he had his own brand of music that he created, P Square saying this is just not right, it is a PR gaffe, they should keep such opinions to themselves abi if Celine Dion offers a collabo dem go turn am down?
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Wexelion(m): 5:22pm On Sep 03, 2011
I don't know why some people are so tribalistic,is don jazzy a yoruba man, if not for him were will d'banj be. Forget,p square na baba,listen to oliver twist infact dem no suppose ban am dey suppose abolish am. But psquare why una dey hala about collabo,should have kept it to ur self.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by aieromon(m): 5:36pm On Sep 03, 2011
Every businessman has a working strategy.Make your money and forget about how others make theirs.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by LoveKing(m): 5:47pm On Sep 03, 2011
who would want to work with mediocrity
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by tivta(m): 5:57pm On Sep 03, 2011
This is as a result of thier failed collabo with busta rhymes some years back. The claimed to have lost close to 1million dollars cause busta rhymes was supposed to perform with them on stage. Am sure the news is still somewhere on the internet.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 03, 2011
publisher:
I agree with everything u said,except the bolded area. I dont agree with the so-called western influence thing. Westerm music as we know it also borrowed lots and lots from other cultures. The music known as jazz originated from African slaves,you know that dont you. Same as most 'western' music instruments. The good part is that no matter how western any Nigerian song sounds,our artistes always go an extra mile to remind whoever is listening that their song is from Naija.

What I meant was rap lol. I should've been specific. I cannot stand rap and that was what people were playing for me when I went home, to try and make me feel "at home". Can you imagine lol.

I super agree with the bolded though.

-----

As for D'banj and Don Jazzy? They're simply good marketers and businessmen. Their music isn't that great. "Oliver Twist" is not a great song, but there's so much hype because of the video contest. "Endowed Remix", in my opinion, isn't the greatest song. I prefer the original, but Snoop Dogg is on the remix and there was a lot of hype, so it did well. Another savvy business move. There's a difference between businessmen/marketers and musicians. To me, D'banj and Don Jazzy are good businessmen. Just pray this collabo thing doesn't bite them for nyansh. Nigeria is hot now, but the west can drop us as quickly and easily as they took interest.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Kollage(m): 6:46pm On Sep 03, 2011
b4 u comment, watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wcZy1k-iP0&feature=player_embedded#!
M. I.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki5zQZbJilo&feature=BFa&list=HL1315070817&lf=mh_lolz
d'banj

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUa6n1B9CFY&feature=related (hear what he said about Fela on broadway)

is basically d 'media' that makes western artiste seems they are bigger than Nigerian artiste, we  learnt from them but its tym to for them to learn from us.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by aikuda(m): 7:34pm On Sep 03, 2011
I don't understand why are people are complaining about the statement. They say they don't need collab. It doesnt mean they would do collab. I think they are trying to say they don't need collab to do well in the industry. And I agree with them.

There is nothing wrong with collab if if your interstet (money and reputation will be enhanced). When Nigerian artist do collab, which market are they trying to reach? I don't think any Nigerian artist will do well in the US just because they do collab. The target Market is still Nigeria and other african countries.

So P Square don't need to do collab with anyone to do well in Nigeria and other African countries as it is right now. Inffact the American artists need them. Again it does not mean they won't do it if its beneficial to them. Its all business and posturing!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jayden Franklin's 1st Birthday Party. Ubi Franklin & Lilian Esoro Celebrate Son / Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” / Uche Jumbo Covers "House Of Maliq Magazine"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.