Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare (15782 Views)

This Davido And Psquare Fight Sha,na Wa O / Psquare's Lola Omatayo And Wizkid's Tani Omotayo Are Blood Sisters (LOOK) / Fans Insults PSquare For Deleting May-D's Tracks From Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 03, 2011
How many people realize that King Sunny Ade's music is widely heard in the West. He did not have to collaborate with Western artists to do that. He stayed true to his genre and calling. I've also seen that Fela's music is well appreciated in the West. Same for Lucky Dube, Asa, Miriam Makeba and Alpha Blondy.

They did not need to get validation through Western collaboration. Good artists and music will sell themselves. It is naive inferiority complex to think "you have not arrived" until you get a foreign collabo.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 03, 2011
The point here is these 2 always try hard to copy MJ /Usher and now they are hating Western Swag. Well I love few of their musics, they are good. As for the other dude `D bangg` he suck. .  Meet him twice last 3 months in LA ~ club~ mhen without the shade on he looks like other version of king kong.

Collabo or no collabo, I don't give a Bleep about em. Paying Kanye and Snoop or any other artist to collaborate with you is way too damn pathetic
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Hoodrat(m): 8:20pm On Sep 03, 2011
I sens a jealousy in their statement it must have been hard on them in the past few months after the shocking contract and connection that occur between dbanj and G.O.O.D MUSIC. were they not the twins that said their dream is to feature and colabo with international arts like usher, Ginuwine and R. kelly during one of their interview 2years ago? now what really went wrong lipsrsealed okay you guys dont want colabo with international arts so what about all the fake breaking dance is that how we generally dance in nigeria? you guys introduce many western style in your music now that a fellow singer got signed into the western label before yu now it turn to jealousy and en vines tongue grow up poor kids.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by amtalkin(f): 8:27pm On Sep 03, 2011
koolgrap:

Mr. htajz.      Why your country people prefer weStern football leagues than your so called naija league,  why your players dey run go foreign go play na the same with music, if u get opportunnity u go do collabo with foreign artist.  Views for u2b.  Abeg htajz who don reach 25m views, number of views no be money, abi u feel so b4?  
that it
psquare should stop hatein, Make them happy 4 d banj, e go better 4 em
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by LesbianBoy(m): 8:41pm On Sep 03, 2011
The person on this thread that said he did not like as dbanj was calling soop dogg uncle must be very stupid infact should be 'banished' from nairaland grin grin grin grin

Snoop dogg pass dbanj in everything. He is richer, he has been in the music game since dbanj was a kid, he is more succesful and so on, and you expect dbanj

to be dragging shoulder with snoop dogg some ppl know wan know who pass them again, tongue tongue tongue tongue

Besides its good to "believe in yourself" or not to have inferiority complex, but then u have to know who pass you! angry
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by amtalkin(f): 8:49pm On Sep 03, 2011
@least to build ur profile, so wikipedia will have sooo many things to talk abt you
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by mekaboy(m): 10:45pm On Sep 03, 2011

THESE PSQUARE GUYS ARE TOO PROUD, AND THEIR PRIDE HAS GOT THEM FAR grin grin grin I THINK I WILL START BEHAVING LIKE THEM grin grin grin

Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by logica(m): 11:07pm On Sep 03, 2011
htajz:

fela was succesful without any american artist , typical african and their slave mentality mscheeew.
You are quite wrong there. Fela collaborated with a woman who simply went as Sandra and she was very much American. The story has even been told how she was the one who urged Fela to change his style to the one which brought him so much fame (as he was not so successful when he was doing High Life). So get your facts straight.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 03, 2011
Guys lets not be too qiuck to judge . . .

If the story making the rounds are true that Don Jazzy paid Snoop for the collabo, then thats some wacky business logic . . . collabos should be on fair terms to both parties otherwise it becomes a disguised "I beg to apply".

Nigerian artistes (PSquare inclusive) are seriously holding their own on the international scene . . . just the other day a Nigerian artiste was asked to perform at Drogbas wedding in Monaco. Apparently the Drog loves a song done by the Nija chap in collabo with another artiste from Congo DR.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by mekaboy(m): 11:47pm On Sep 03, 2011

B4 NKO? YOU THINK SNOOP WILL DO COLLABO WITH DBANJ FOR FREE? WHERE THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF UPCOMING AMERICAN ARTISTS LOOKING FOR SUCH AN OPPORTUNITY?

Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by MrGlobe(m): 12:15am On Sep 04, 2011
Some Nigerians are really retarrded. Like how do some of y'all really compare international superstars known worldwide to your wack musicians. We dey talk superstars person dey bring up drogba? These mu-m-u twins are just jealous and frustrated. Yeah you need Jay Z and Kanye but it wont be affordable atleast in your lifetime. If it was cheap to get a Jay Z orKanyes collabo, they would of been on every track. DBanj is today the FACE OF AFRICAN MUSIC because of the little collabos he's done. He has been intervied on mtv (first Nigerian ever), BET and feature on MAJOR american music websites. When anybody wants to talk African Music, they will call on Dbanj and the buzz is growing. I never liked dbanj but I appreciate the guys hussle. These people should know that American music has structure and is a million years far from Nigerian music. Its world music. Get the picture and stop running your mouths here. America got super talents to ask for African collabos and there are UK artist begging for collabos. For all of y'all talking trash, Fela is the only Nigerian musician that has gained mainstream success overseas. Sunny ade ko? Seun kuti might be the next big thing alongside Dbanj. Dbanj I hope you see this hate and keep doing what you do. Psquare and tuface, dbanj aint your class anymore for now. He has hollywood pass. Somebody said MI? Lol. Rap is deep, mI will be embarassed. Thats all I can say. I can keep talking,
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Nobody: 3:07am On Sep 04, 2011
LesbianBoy:

The person on this thread that said he did not like as dbanj was calling soop dogg uncle must be very silly infact should be 'banished' from nairaland grin grin grin grin

Snoop dogg pass dbanj in everything. He is richer, he has been in the music game since dbanj was a kid, he is more succesful and so on, and you expect dbanj

to be dragging shoulder with snoop dogg some ppl know wan know who pass them again, tongue tongue tongue tongue

Besides its good to "believe in yourself" or not to have inferiority complex, but then u have to know who pass you! angry

Are you sick in the head? what does the above got to do with D'punk banj calling him uncle? is he his uncle? I heard that's one of the tricks Yorubas uses when they wanna steal from you.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Nobody: 3:22am On Sep 04, 2011
Lmao, I just watched the interview video. .  lawd P.Square dudes are rettarded, WTF  these westerners your twating bout don't even recognize your existence. C'mon slowpoke who says we don't listen to African music in the US?

Talking trash about westerners when yall fake and frustrate your asses to sound American

Some of them want us to collabo with  them but we don't want WTF, # As people dey see us dey faint now   grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin This guys stink lawd I'm flushing their CD's down the toilet. .  Thank God I downloaded them from the internet anyways.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Tczar(m): 4:38am On Sep 04, 2011
better wake up and stop being a local champ dudes. smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Relax101(m): 4:42am On Sep 04, 2011
Abeg make everybody for this thread shut up. I repeat none of these artist are good.
Both Dbanj and P square ori won fokasibe but p square make sense for their statement, if you are good you dnt phucking need to beg for a collabo to sell urself to the west. Both p square and Dbanj are not local champions, they are international artists from Nigeria

The only artist than can stand now in Nigeria without no collabo is NNEKA. NNEKA is so phucking good both on stage and in the studio. Western artist don beg her for collabo because she holds her ground anyday anytime.
Naija artist dey make too much noise. Give me NNEKA any-day anytime.

NNEKA NNEKA NNEKA. I feel her die. Shay na rap, abi na pidgin, abi na concious music, abi na raggae, she go give you full those. NNEKA NNEKA my sweet wondeful songwriter and real baby, cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Any person wey dislike this statement, make thunder fire im left yansh.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by tellwisdom: 5:12am On Sep 04, 2011
MUMU BOIZZZZZZZZZZZ cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, You are singing cultural music as songs, una dey happy, Maybe their type of songs doesnt fit in, westernally, cant expect Jay-Z or Kanye west to be jumping up and down- DO ME!.DO ME DO! , mbanu! Na big boi na cheesy cheesy
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Nobody: 6:03am On Sep 04, 2011
Mr. Globe:
Some Nigerians are really retarrded. Like how do some of y'all really compare international superstars known worldwide to your wack musicians. We dey talk superstars person dey bring up drogba? These mu-m-u twins are just jealous and frustrated. Yeah you need Jay Z and Kanye but it wont be affordable atleast in your lifetime. If it was cheap to get a Jay Z orKanyes collabo, they would of been on every track. DBanj is today the FACE OF AFRICAN MUSIC because of the little collabos he's done. He has been intervied on mtv (first Nigerian ever), BET and feature on MAJOR american music websites. When anybody wants to talk African Music, they will call on Dbanj and the buzz is growing. I never liked dbanj but I appreciate the guys hussle. These people should know that American music has structure and is a million years far from Nigerian music. Its world music. Get the picture and stop running your mouths here. America got super talents to ask for African collabos and there are UK artist begging for collabos. For all of y'all talking trash, Fela is the only Nigerian musician that has gained mainstream success overseas. Sunny ade ko? Seun kuti might be the next big thing alongside Dbanj. Dbanj I hope you see this hate and keep doing what you do. Psquare and tuface, dbanj aint your class anymore for now. He has hollywood pass. Somebody said MI? Lol. Rap is deep, mI will be embarassed. Thats all I can say. I can keep talking,

I just choked on suya. Oga are you alright? Seun gini? Femi Kuti is more relevant than Seun. Lmao. D'banj is the face of marketing in the entertainment industry. He's an excellent marketer, but a lousy musician. You call "Oliver Twist" music? It's the thing blowing across Africa and abroad. Lousy song, but everyone wants to make a video for the competition. It's called hype, not good music.

I have seen documentaries on 2 baba. In fact, two or three weeks ago was 2 Face week on whichever Nigerian channel I get here. For one hour every day they showed only his videos and interviews. They called it "giving tribute to a living legend". I've seen P-Square documentaries sef. They chronicled their American tour, showed them shopping during one of their stops in Atlanta, getting stopped autographs, etc. I have never seen or heard of any kind of D'banj documentary.

2 Face has toured North America. P-Square has toured North America. All of their shows were packed. We are still waiting for D'banj to tour North America. Touring in the US is a big notch on the belt if you ask me, and P-Square and 2 Face have beaten him to it.

2 Face and P-Square (and M.I.) received their BET International Music Award nominations without international collabos. It wasn't until D'banj featured Snoop Dogg that he became relevant and was nominated and TIED/WON the award with 2 Face. You hear? Even with the help of Snoop Dogg, D'banj tied for that award. Face of African music ki?

The only reason anyone can talk about D'banj today is because he has a genius, Don Jazzy, backing him. Without Don Jazzy, I highly doubt D'banj will be where he is today. The guy is too excellent with business. D'banj is a brand if you ask me. Sunglasses, "oshe hmmm", fashion, etc. When he opens his mouth, what is the difference between his voice and generator? He's a true popstar. His music isn't the greatest but he has the image.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by jiggaz(m): 6:25am On Sep 04, 2011
In as much as i love P Square dem music, dis their comment in d interview is uncalled for coz it came across as being jealous. D Banj being signed on to Kanye's label is a good thing for Nigerian and African music coz it has put Nigeria on d map. The best thing to do is to be happy for Dbanj coz his star has started shining again beyond d African shores. But i know we Nigerians and our bad belle attitude, lol. So many musicians are now jealous of Dbanj and Don Jazzy coz of dis dat i think P Square should have been diplomatic not to give negative comment. One thing i love Don Jazzy for, is his marketing strategy in selling his artistes. He figured out dat featuring Snoop on Dbanj's song will get him much Western exposure and he did dat and now he's reaping his rewards. Anytime someone in d West googles Snoop Dogg's newest video, it will bring him to d collabo with Dbanj, u see am,lol. So PSquare my brodas, no vex say Dbanj's star is really shining now, its not him na God do am. We are all Nigerians its for d best. My ''One Naira'' advice is ''If u have d money for International Collabo, abeg do am sharp sharp. If u no get nko, abeg siddon dey look coz everybody wasnt born on d same day. So some people go shine pass others!!!''
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Nobody: 6:29am On Sep 04, 2011
jiggaz:
In as much as i love P Square dem music, dis their comment in d interview is uncalled for coz it came across as being jealous. D Banj being signed on to Kanye's label is a good thing for Nigerian and African music coz it has put Nigeria on d map. The best thing to do is to be happy for Dbanj coz his star has started shining again beyond d African shores. But i know we Nigerians and our bad belle attitude, lol. So many musicians are now jealous of Dbanj and Don Jazzy coz of dis dat i think P Square should have been diplomatic not to give negative comment. One thing i love Don Jazzy for, is his marketing strategy in selling his artistes. He figured out dat featuring Snoop on Dbanj's song will get him much Western exposure and he did dat and now he's reaping his rewards. Anytime someone in d West googles Snoop Dogg's newest video, it will bring him to d collabo with Dbanj, u see am,lol. So PSquare my brodas, no vex say Dbanj's star is really shining now, its not him na God do am. We are all Nigerians its for d best. My ''One Naira'' advice is ''If u have d money for International Collabo, abeg do am sharp sharp. If u no get nko, abeg siddon dey look coz everybody wasnt born on d same day. So some people go shine pass others!!!''

Lol. I don hear.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by jiggaz(m): 6:50am On Sep 04, 2011
ogugua88:

Lol. I don hear.
Awwww my sis, i wasnt refering to ur earlier post oo, looolzzz. I think my post and yours came in @ d same time. I was just saying my mind though, lol. How u dey my dear?
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 04, 2011
Oh I know. The comment made me laugh is all lol. I'm fine. I hope you are as well smiley
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Abagworo(m): 7:50am On Sep 04, 2011
Abeg those bringing up D'Banj got it all wrong as collabo with foreign artists is nothing new.I think P-Square should do songs with other Africans.J Martins/Fally Ipupa collabo was the biggest African international hit last year.It charted high in France and several Francophone countries.D'Banj/Snoop was not even a hit in Naija.We listened out of curiosity and got dissapointed.I foresee another J Martins/Cabo Snoop hit.

Africa is the future.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Relax101(m): 8:19am On Sep 04, 2011
ogugua88:

Oh I know. The comment made me laugh is all lol. I'm fine. I hope you are as well smiley

hw far baby? I dey look for trouble, lol.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by babyboy3(m): 8:23am On Sep 04, 2011
abegii we need to stop all these inferiority complex american artist are not all and all after all fela was succesful without any american artist , typical african and their slave mentality mscheeew.

We need to get our facts right, P-whatever they are called, their beats for NO ONE LIKES YOU, I know where they got it from, I know what beat they modified if they are not they not interested in the US influence they should keep in to themselves
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Ibomade1: 8:29am On Sep 04, 2011
I gbadun P square no doubt but their whole music genre is basically HIP HOP which is a music genre of the West.

I agree that loads of new stuff are coming from Africa but to talk about the West Tapping from them is unimagineable because they own this s**t (Hip Hop)

So they should stop expecting artists in the west to give them a free pass.

But their tunes are good.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by MrGlobe(m): 9:03am On Sep 04, 2011
Lol @Reality101; exactly what I was saying, who knows these twats? People act like Nigerian music is next to American Music when its 200+ countries away from American music. Who knows psquare in America apart from Nigerias. Psquare apart from Nigerians and some Africans. @Jiggaz you said it all. Its du-mb fans like @ogugua88 that makes psquare feel they are relevant abroad. O yeah seun kuti is the biggest Nigerian musician in Europe. Watch his shows and compare it with the room Nigerian crowd audience others pull. You said tuface has documentaries on Nigerian channels, am talking international here. Am talkin MTV, BET, TRACE, blogs etc which only dbanj has featured on. The first Nigerian musician to appear in SUN newspapers. What foriegn collabos can do for you and he has not even started. DBANJ is just now the face of African Music overseas. He has the most exposure now. He's no more in the class of tuface and psquare (foreign copycats). Why people say oliver twist is not good is because they have raised the bar for him. This is not the first 'lousy' song he has made. Why dont nobody criticize the trashy psquare album? Those dudes are just jealous, they cant beat them, they cant join them. Simple
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 04, 2011
Well, here is P-Square in Oakland last year, filmed by yours truly. Sold out show with live band o. We're still waiting for D'banj to show face. P-Square have done bigger things than him on their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P9kGmen_lQ
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by kossydiba(m): 11:47am On Sep 04, 2011
i support dem jor
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by styles2009: 12:28pm On Sep 04, 2011
P square is damn right, keep doing your thing!
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 04, 2011
Mr. Globe:

Lol @Reality101; exactly what I was saying, who knows these twats? People act like Nigerian music is next to American Music when its 200+ countries away from American music. Who knows psquare in America apart from Nigerias. Psquare apart from Nigerians and some Africans. @Jiggaz you said it all. Its du-mb fans like @ogugua88 that makes psquare feel they are relevant abroad. O yeah seun kuti is the biggest Nigerian musician in Europe. Watch his shows and compare it with the room Nigerian crowd audience others pull. You said tuface has documentaries on Nigerian channels, am talking international here. Am talkin MTV, BET, TRACE, blogs etc which only dbanj has featured on. The first Nigerian musician to appear in SUN newspapers. What foriegn collabos can do for you and he has not even started. DBANJ is just now the face of African Music overseas. He has the most exposure now. He's no more in the class of tuface and psquare (foreign copycats). Why people say oliver twist is not good is because they have raised the bar for him. This is not the first 'lousy' song he has made. Why dont nobody criticize the trashy psquare album? Those dudes are just jealous, they cant beat them, they cant join them. Simple

Na wao for u o bros . . .cant believe ur still repeating ur baseless claim that DBanj is now the face of music in Africa. Thats the most ridiculously laughable utterance I heard in a long while. Point is DBanj is good but may and possibly will be far better in fair deal collabos than "i beg to apply" collabos. Final 2 kobos worth!!!
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Relax101(m): 1:21pm On Sep 04, 2011
Mr. Globe:

WTF?
Will you forever shut your mouth. You just wrote unimaginable trash.
Who told you p square is not popular?
You phucking cant compare tuface to dbanj. In all you spewed in trash here.
Before Dbanj got his international exposure, tuface had it a long time ago. CNN interviewed P square long time ago before Dbanj ever thought of taking his music outside the shores of Nigeria.
Tuface and P square songs are also very popular in the  Caribbeans.
Damn!!
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Ardall: 2:26pm On Sep 04, 2011
Awwww my sis, i wasnt refering to your earlier post oo, looolzzz. I think my post and yours came in @ d same time. I was just saying my mind though, lol. How u dey my dear?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Transsexuality Of Michael Obama & Bobrisky Biologically Determined? / Jayden Franklin's 1st Birthday Party. Ubi Franklin & Lilian Esoro Celebrate Son / Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.