Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare (15781 Views)

This Davido And Psquare Fight Sha,na Wa O / Psquare's Lola Omatayo And Wizkid's Tani Omotayo Are Blood Sisters (LOOK) / Fans Insults PSquare For Deleting May-D's Tracks From Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by ektbear: 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2011
koolgrap:

Na who get opportunity go move go foreiign,P square stop player hatin. U no like collabo then u are fakin usher raymond for naija people wey no open eye.  Psquare shut up & sit down

lmao grin
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by ektbear: 7:20pm On Sep 04, 2011
man this thread turned ethnic real fast
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by MrGlobe(m): 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2011
Smh my head at delusional peeps. Psquare my foot. Brainwashed people. Tuface you can mention but psquare really? Tuface had that spot but now dbanj has overtaken him by miles. These folks dont care about wanna sound alike music coming from Africa so stop with all those trash talks. Psquare's fame ends in Africa and among Africans. Thats it. The music business overseas works with cosigns and dbanj already got two major of those so conduct your research. Dbanj is now the road to contemporary African music. Get that. You jobless folks can turn this ethnic. But anyway continue believing your bulls-h-it. Psquare ke? Some fans are really too d-u-m-b to believe anything -b to believe anything
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2011
You can't talk without being negative?
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by MrGlobe(m): 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2011
^^^ Yes Ma. My bad lol. Your ignorance amaze me
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2011
Am I ignorant? I'm telling you that P-Square's first tour of North America was a massive success. When D'banj decides to tour the US, then we can talk. P-Square has the money to pen international collabos too. Is D'banj the only Nigerian in the music industry making money? You're trying to measure a man's success with who he has worked with, rather than what he has done on his own. Is that how you measure your own success?

Even Flavour N'abania and small Wizkid with EME had their American shows set up before visa issues made them cancel the things. In fact lol, the Flavour gigs that were cancelled were to be his second stop in the US. I just remembered he had a big show in Texas last year. Timaya and Bracket toured how many cities in yankee last year too! Oga the list goes on and D'banj's name no dey.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by silvernus0: 10:47pm On Sep 04, 2011
just gave this topic a second thought and saw some sence in wat p square's sayn,just that some journalist can realy report your opinion in a nagative way. They can realy do their thing nd force foreign artist to recorgnise them .we must have some prestige in ourselves .just heard one of their new trcks (if u were my girl) nd love it , tumbs up guys keep it up,
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Hoodrat(m): 11:36pm On Sep 04, 2011
Psqure better follow what people follow before they run broke. undecided
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by adamse(f): 1:48am On Sep 05, 2011
mehn, dis statement these guys made really came across as them being jealous o, but sha, keep doing your thing.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by dont8(m): 5:30am On Sep 05, 2011
Why hating? Simply because they couldn't do collabo with Busta Rhymes,someone else did with Snoop!
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by MMM2(m): 6:16am On Sep 05, 2011
am out
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by kingsrod: 2:11pm On Sep 05, 2011
@ koolgrape, if you want to see who has made 25million views on youtube, check out Chris Breezy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHxlzcAPbBE
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 05, 2011
25 million is nothing compared to Katy Perry's 98 million for "Last Friday Night" and Rihanna's 550 million from three videos alone.

The topic is P-Square and D'banj though.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Rossikk(m): 11:37pm On Sep 05, 2011
deoye125 said

These guys are just dumb and stu.pid. They better grow up or get lost.

No YOU need to grow up. You think a Nigerian artiste must necessarily 'collaborate' with a western artiste to ''make it big'' because you have psychological problems.

P Square are a very huge band with MILLIONS of fans, across Africa and the world, and if that's good enough for them, who are you to open your mouth to insult them? Rubbish!
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Rossikk(m): 11:42pm On Sep 05, 2011
Tczar said

better wake up and stop being a local champ dudes.

You're talking crap!

What does 'local champ' mean? If hundreds of millions of AFRICANS and CARIBBEANS love and buy your music, you are NOT a 'local champ' but an international star.

Get that simple fact into your thick skull and stop insinuating that you are nothing if you are not on the charts in America.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^^ Why are you being mean? undecided

You can answer them without insults o. Or maybe you're Jude and you've taken these comments personal.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by MrGlobe(m): 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2011
^^^^ say bro, Thanks for ending this thread in a positive light and truest facts. don't mind all this local people on this forum who don't know what international is all about. These psquare dudes got me thinking they are illiterates. How come you expect an american artist to come after you when you are not sade or fela? Which world will that happen. Who knows psquare in America? Has any of these big stars ever heard of psquare? How can a rachet group of copycats, copying what people are doing in their county ever think they can be better than their master. These are worldwide artist, known across the globe against a group of irrelevant singers. Its a pity but I never believed anybody will ever cosign the rubbish these people are saying. Talking as if they can even afford a kanye or jay z collabo. These are people that popular musicians across the globe (in advanced countries) are dying to get a verse from. Infact, am short of words. Dbanj is just winning. Thats it and the only thing they can do is hate. They cant catch dbanj. Even Tuface who I respect and who has a better chance of gaining attention overseas has relocated to the US as I heard to begin his paper work and i wish him all the best. Tuface is just a lil wayne verse from blowing up. I pray he gets it. Let these irrelevant dudes stay whining. Dbanj is their god in music now whether they like it ore not.
Rossikk:

Tczar said

You're talking crap!

What does 'local champ' mean? If hundreds of millions of AFRICANS and CARIBBEANS love and buy your music, you are NOT a 'local champ' but an international star.

Get that simple fact into your thick skull and stop insinuating that you are nothing if you are not on the charts in America.

^^^ whats up jude? I see you have nothing better to do than talking trash. Will you please stfu?
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by AmAlone: 12:06pm On Sep 07, 2011
I am not against all these western collabo

But could you beleive Mr. Endowed Remix Featuring Snoop

D'banj paid $1m to feauture snoop on that track alone??

I am with psquare on this one!!!!!

Even if i have the money, I wouldn't want to pay that much and suffer bankrupcy

And those on you saying D'banj is bigger than Psqure and Tuface

Abeg make you think again!!!!

Even on youtube, you can search that same Mr. Endowed remix video and check its view

Just around 280k view(despite the money,collabo and every every!!!!!!)

Psqure video I love you, command a whole 2.8m views

You can do some other comparison yourself.
D'banj is too proud and he's spending way too much just to hipe his name
And for me, its really not working jor!!!!

152million!!! Waste of money jorr!!!!

I got that amount from my source!!!!!
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by AmAlone: 12:21pm On Sep 07, 2011
Those of you who might still think D'banj is above Psqare
You can go and do the search your self.

Search D banj on you tube(the link): http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=d+banj&aq=f

Search P square on you tube(the link): http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=p+square&aq=f

And see for yourself who has for sure more fame and is truely making more money!!!!!

D' banj has got style, class, and I must confess that i love him jorr.

Even though i kind of preferr D'banj to p sqare, I must confess, P square are more famous, bigger and are
making more money the D'banj.

D banj video highest hit with the highest number of view of all is is: Fall in love with a total of 1,094,947 views

Apart from that, no view from mohit has ever hit a million views on Youtube(do your own search) as of today.

I not saying that is money o. But you sure says alot about your fans and more fans as we all know = more money!!!!

P square featuring J martins: E no easy 5,083,552 views
P square: Do me 5,473,313 views
P square: Give me that 1,164,145 views
P square: Say your love 2,528,746 views
P square : I love you 2,290,955 views
P square: Ifunanya 3,937,764 views

Peace
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by babyboy3(m): 2:00pm On Sep 07, 2011
Look its P-Square's choice not to go into any collaborations, Dbanj wants to break into the US market, and thats his target! everyone does it from the days of Shabbak Rank to Sean Paul they realised that they couldnt stay in the mainstream Reggae or Ragga market, Why do you think english singer Cheryl Cole is dying to break into the US market by having a Collabo Will.I.am
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 07, 2011
Am Alone:

Search D banj on you tube(the link): http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=d+banj&aq=f

Search P square on you tube(the link): http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=p+square&aq=f

And see for yourself who has for sure more fame and is truely making more money!!!!!

Even though i kind of preferr D'banj to p sqare, I must confess, P square are more famous, bigger and are

D banj video highest hit with the highest number of view of all is is: Fall in love with a total of 1,094,947 views

Apart from that, no view from mohit has ever hit a million views on Youtube(do your own search) as of today.

I not saying that is money o. But you sure says alot about your fans and more fans as we all know = more money!!!!

Peace

Gbam! Census has been taken. Thread closed. If anyone still wants to argue, do so at your own peril!
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 07, 2011
^^^ with the finality of final closure. . .end of!!!
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by nolongtin(m): 4:07pm On Sep 07, 2011
you tube views equals money or wot am i readin here, how does d views equals to money 4 psquare?
if dbanj is signed to GOOD music and his CDS/music can be bought in any country in d world,but gets 1million views,
and psquare hits 10million views on youtube,but der CDS/music cannot be bought anywhr apart frm 9ja.
who is makin money?
p2 views are more dan some american acts but d fact dat der CDS are globally sold,unlike 9ja which is mostly pirated.
anytin dats expands ur reach,fame,brand must be encouraged.
quote me and mark dis words as reference+P2 WILL DO A COLLABO wit a foreign act sooner or later dan expected. and will eat der word.i bet u
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by nolongtin(m): 4:48pm On Sep 07, 2011
How do all 9ja musicians make money?is it by selling CDS?is it by goin on shows all over the world?is it by being d face of of brands/endorsement?
I HOPE DIS ACTS HAVE GOT BUSINESS MANAGERS.cus the way some peep think here i guess they have to learn a tin or 2.
The music in 9ja only makes money from the last 2.The P2/2face/dbanj cds u will buy say in tanzania is prbly 99.9 % fake.The production,distribution and sales/marketing of music in 9ja is still 50 yrs behind.,wot has really developed is the video production and dat has helped push der music to anoder level.
Some people in life are contented wit d lil 100mila they have and d lil fame,but some are like oliver twist they always want more and wots wrong in wantin more?as long as he doesnt beg from u to make music wiv foriegn acts why beef?Tell me a musician in d world dat have lasted over 20yr in d game.not many cus ders always a new kid on d block takin over expecially in hip hop /R N B.their careers are just like footballers very short.so while it last go big as u possibly can,make more as u can.chikena.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by nolongtin(m): 4:58pm On Sep 07, 2011
will nollywood grow bigger if they have actors like jonny depp,brad pit,anjelina jolie star in der films?even wiv ghanaian actors der bigger n ghana.THINK BIG,ACT BIG,GROW BIG.SIMPLE.ITS CALLED D NEXT LEVEL.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Richtalk: 5:23pm On Sep 07, 2011
nolongtin:

you tube views equals money or wot am i readin here, how does d views equals to money 4 psquare?
if dbanj is signed to GOOD music and his CDS/music can be bought in any country in d world,but gets 1million views,
and psquare hits 10million views on youtube,but der CDS/music cannot be bought anywhr apart frm 9ja.
who is makin money?
p2 views are more dan some american acts but d fact dat der CDS are globally sold,unlike 9ja which is mostly pirated.
anytin dats expands your reach,fame,brand must be encouraged.
quote me and mark dis words as reference+P2 WILL DO A COLLABO wit a foreign act sooner or later dan expected. and will eat der word.i bet u

Yes, Youtube views equals Money. Go and find out how people are making millions from their youtube accounts.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2011
nolongtin:
you tube views equals money or wot am i readin here,  how does d views equals to  money  4 psquare?

I said argue at your own peril lol.

Youtube views equals money either directly or indirectly. If Rihanna has 500,000,000 views on youtube, that means hundreds of millions of people have seen her video. Out of those hundreds of millions, some will buy the song from iTunes or another music store. Some will go to a store and buy her CD. Some will purchase tickets for her next event in their area.

From time to time I put videos on my facebook. Some of my American friends see the videos and want the cds. I have made P-Square cds for my friends. My brother's Asian and Hispanic friends are now blasting P-Square and Timaya's "Plantain Boy" on their car stereos. If Timaya or P-Square come to perform here again, we can mention it to our friends. They will probably say yes. Kpakam! Ticket sales have gone up.

When I saw P-Square last year, there were plenty of Americans there. Oyibo, akata, and some Asians as well as they came with friends or spouses. Even small Bracket. Their last tour in the UK? Oyibo girls for front row. So to think that D'banj is the only one going international because he featured an icon is naive. In fact, it sounds desperate. Nigerians can brand Nigeria on their own. We don't need anyone to do that for us, or help us. That's what P-Square is saying. Remember, 2 Face's "African Queen" catapulted him to stardom. He was still a fresh soloist.

psquare hits 10million views on youtube,but der CDS/music cannot be bought anywhr apart frm 9ja.

All of P-Square's albums, including their latest, "The Invasion", can be found on iTunes, the biggest music store in the world, and NotJustOk.com, arguably the biggest Nigerian music website. D'banj hasn't put anything on iTunes since the release of "Mr. Endowed", which came out over a year ago. There's no remix with Snoop Dogg, and there's no "Scapegoat". Considering the number of Nigerians in diaspora, it's safe to say a lot of albums are purchased online as a lot of us still purchase.

quote me and mark dis words as reference+P2 WILL DO A COLLABO wit a foreign act  sooner or later dan expected. and will eat der word.i bet u

I hope you read/heard what P-Square said. They said they don't NEED to do a collaboration. They never said they won't. They're right. They don't have to grovel to any American/Western artist to make big names for themselves. So far, they're doing a great job.

How do all 9ja musicians make money?is it by selling CDS?is it by goin on shows all over the world?is it by being d face of of brands/endorsement?

Nigerian artists do make money by selling CDs. It depends on the artist though. Local champions won't make money from cds being sold in Nigeria. As for international stars, they will, but the money made from selling albums doesn't compare to the other two you mentioned.

wot has really developed is the video production and dat has helped push der music to anoder level.

I'm glad you said this. P-Square has been known for having some of the best music videos in Nigeria for years. They have won countless awards on their videos alone. I'll mention that awards = money, since this is a money debate to you lol.

Tell me a musician in d world dat have lasted over 20yr in d game.not many cus ders always a new kid on d block takin over expecially in hip hop /R N B.their careers are just like footballers very short.so while it last go big as u possibly can,make more as u can.chikena.

There are several that have lasted. There are several that have not lasted.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by babyboy3(m): 7:35pm On Sep 07, 2011

the easiest way to get an MP3 of a track
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by AmAlone: 8:19pm On Sep 07, 2011
nolongtin:

I HOPE DIS ACTS HAVE GOT BUSINESS MANAGERS.cus the way some peep think here i guess they have to learn a tin or 2.
The music in 9ja only makes money from the last 2.The P2/2face/dbanj cds u will buy say in tanzania is prbly 99.9 % fake.The production,distribution and sales/marketing of music in 9ja is still 50 yrs behind.,wot has really developed is the video production and dat has helped push der music to anoder level.
Some people in life are contented wit d lil 100mila they have and d lil fame,but some are like oliver twist they always want more and wots wrong in wantin more?as long as he doesnt beg from u to make music wiv foriegn acts why beef?Tell me a musician in d world dat have lasted over 20yr in d game.not many cus ders always a new kid on d block takin over expecially in hip hop /R N B.their careers are just like footballers very short.so while it last go big as u possibly can,make more as u can.chikena.

This is the easiest way to explain this!!!!! Perhaps glo will not was to have just anybody as their embassador(if you agree with mee),

They of course will like to check out your popularity!!!

If P square are having 5m view on a video
It means more poeple know about them and like them to say.

You tell me, who will you say is more famous?

Say for example, you want to adertise a drink in one of their video
Whose video will you rather display it in. If you can only have afford one?

Same with radio and music station.
The more they get views the richer they become
Because its going to cost any company more to advise with them if they can have more people listern to them
so they are always trying to keep it entertaining!!!!.

Besides, it because d'banj want to increase his views and popularity that was why he
did the collabo.

I am not saying the collabo its okay its okay.
But don't even because of that compare D'banj to P square
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by babyboy3(m): 9:03pm On Sep 07, 2011

By your analysis you would say Cheryl Cole is a bigger singer than both Lady GaGa and Rihanna, just because Cheryl Cole has more hits on youtube oh give me a break, (or a kitkat)
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 07, 2011
Cheryl Cole doesn't have more hits than Lady Gaga or Rihanna, so I don't understand what you're saying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Transsexuality Of Michael Obama & Bobrisky Biologically Determined? / Jayden Franklin's 1st Birthday Party. Ubi Franklin & Lilian Esoro Celebrate Son / Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.