Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,547 members, 7,823,397 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes (41330 Views)

Naira Redesign: Old, New Notes Are Legal Tender – CBN Reveals / CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu / CBN Bans Dollar Charges On Domestic Transactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by faceland: 10:39am On Jan 07, 2023
Sometimes they make rules but forget that this is Nigeria. The looters and criminals are the first people to get the new note.

They must extend it for another 3 months (or they would be riot on February 1st)

99.9% of the notes on the street are old currency (the once in the hands of common people).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by Searchingvictor: 10:39am On Jan 07, 2023
obomobo:
you go collect 14k for the infinix hot5

20k boss
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by OlujobaSamuel: 10:40am On Jan 07, 2023
wagazala:
Banks don't have the new notes but money changers at parties and weddings do. How come?

Something must be up somewhere.
Lol, a bank staff in the report said he has not seen the #200 anywhere, only saw the #500 at a party. This is a bank teller that deals with cash daily oo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by bdon123(m): 10:41am On Jan 07, 2023
Misterone:
this is what happens when you take beer parlour gist seriously. You start talking like an ignoramus
Mr knowledge kwantinue....we still wont vote Tinubu.We cant wait for feb

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by jcross19: 10:55am On Jan 07, 2023
MyMouth:

Have no time to reply a dog! Go kiss the arse of ur lord KANU in prison!
you have a lots of monickers on this forum, you are gazelle garagara!!!! Lol.....
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by bdon123(m): 10:59am On Jan 07, 2023
CheapHomes1:

Who asked you about buhari? The question I asked you is How did you arrive at the conclusion that Tinubu is trying to remove emefiele?

How does making it difficult for people who have hidden wealth to use beneficial to anybody?

What makes you think that those who you think want to.use cash to rig election can't get cash to rig election?

I haven't heard of APC leadership complain of cash policy and paying their agents. Where did you hear them complain of cash policy?

Have businesses not been using POS? How has that improved your standard of living?

When did govt start using POS to monitor people who don't pay taxes?

If people pay taxes, what is the benefit? Have nigerians not been paying taxes? What has been the benefit?
Oga u ask too many questions like u are Mr know all.APC leadership has complained of the policy fulstop.Ur govt has come up wit a new policy either accept it or japa if u can.D policy has affected all of us including me,so why d fuss abt it.My only complain is why enough new notes wasnt made available to d banks as there is current scarcity of new notes.
And as for d needless questions i asking of how i know Tinubu is d one trying to remove emefiele....is it buhari trying to remove emefiele wen he can easily sack him or refuse approval of d policy?Oga sir,ano u are Mr 1 million questions n aint got time for this.
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by Elibaba1: 11:01am On Jan 07, 2023
MyMouth:

See this one! This same Emefile that bows and lick the arse of some individuals that are not even worth the hype undecided
The same emefile bowing to Isa funtua in the picture, dey there!

Late Isa Funtua made Buhari to retain him. (Making him the longest serving CBN Governor ever) I understand his loyalty to him. But what has Tinubu done for Emefiele to demand that he brings cash to deliver at Tinubu’s door step??

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by Didijiji: 11:03am On Jan 07, 2023
Misterone:
mumu, the Jonathan you talked about was the one that first appointed the present CBN governor. Mumu again, the CBN is independent. It is an institution that does not need political interference and have been left alone by this present government. Mumu×3, you know nothing about the economy so keep shut.
odè ask yourself why the same Emiefele performed averagely better under PDP.

Same Emefiele oooo

Rice was cheap.. Life was affordable

But under these DEMONS in power, the economy is totally destroyed.

APC Effect
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by bdon123(m): 11:05am On Jan 07, 2023
Misterone:
this is what happens when you take beer parlour gist seriously. You start talking like an ignoramus
U are obviously a mumu man that tinks this is Agege motor park where tinubu can bully d populace into voting him.
There is this saying ,that d number of people that will vote tinubu are an indication of d number of mentally demented people we hav in Nigeria.
I mean campaigning for a man already taken over by dementia,urinating on himself.
How can any normal person wanna support an x drug kingpin ,wit no known classmates or known origin?

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by Parachoko: 11:11am On Jan 07, 2023
adioolayi:
In the voice of portable...

Wahala Wahala Wahala...

As CBN attempts strict financial control, the system (bank teller, politicians, manipulators, speculators) are fighting back..

The person that will save this country, will fight this dirty, corruption laden system first!
You blame the Bank Tellers, Politicians,Manipulators and Speculators, but, you have failed to blame the main culprit, which is the CBN. If the CBN feels the banks are lying, why the CBN never sanction the banks? The CBN dey dispense very little new note, but you're here blaming some random people who are not in charge of releasing new notes to the banks
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by MarketDispatch: 11:14am On Jan 07, 2023
CheapHomes1:

What is the benefit of this new cashless policy?

Squeeze and prevent vote buying from the usual suspects

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by doneback04: 11:14am On Jan 07, 2023
Till this morning I am still withdrawing old currency note ,
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by CheapHomes1: 11:28am On Jan 07, 2023
MarketDispatch:

Squeeze and prevent vote buying from the usual suspects

Who are the usual suspects and how will cashless policy prevent them from vote buying?
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by wolebest: 11:29am On Jan 07, 2023
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/CBN-bans-over-the-counter-withdrawal-of-new-notes

Emefiele has done it.

He sold Buhari a dummy by changing the colour of Naira notes, but the dummy is not working for 200 million Nigerians.

ATMs nationwide are still dispensing old notes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by CheapHomes1: 11:30am On Jan 07, 2023
bdon123:

Oga u ask too many questions like u are Mr know all.APC leadership has complained of the policy fulstop.Ur govt has come up wit a new policy either accept it or japa if u can.D policy has affected all of us including me,so why d fuss abt it.My only complain is why enough new notes wasnt made available to d banks as there is current scarcity of new notes.
And as for d needless questions i asking of how i know Tinubu is d one trying to remove emefiele....is it buhari trying to remove emefiele wen he can easily sack him or refuse approval of d policy?Oga sir,ano u are Mr 1 million questions n aint got time for this.

The questions are based on the claims you made. So if your claims are true, why can't you answer the questions.

Who asked you about buhari? The question I asked you is How did you arrive at the conclusion that Tinubu is trying to remove emefiele?

How does making it difficult for people who have hidden wealth to use beneficial to anybody?

What makes you think that those who you think want to.use cash to rig election can't get cash to rig election?

I haven't heard of APC leadership complain of cash policy and paying their agents. Where did you hear them complain of cash policy?

Have businesses not been using POS? How has that improved your standard of living?

When did govt start using POS to monitor people who don't pay taxes?

If people pay taxes, what is the benefit? Have nigerians not been paying taxes? What has been the benefit?

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by realestate99: 11:31am On Jan 07, 2023
What is the fate of the 100 naira note? Is it part of the new currency or not? If not, after January 31st what is the fate of the 100 naira note?
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by babydioku(f): 11:31am On Jan 07, 2023
Why are the banks still holding and recycling the old notes shouldn't they take them to cbn for new ones or are the banks also printing the new notes themselves?
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by CheapHomes1: 11:32am On Jan 07, 2023
Parachoko:
You blame the Bank Tellers, Politicians,Manipulators and Speculators, but, you have failed to blame the main culprit, which is the CBN, who is not releasing enough New Notes? The joke is on you bro

Very funny, isn't it. New policy without direction or substance.
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by MyMouth(m): 11:42am On Jan 07, 2023
Elibaba1:

Late Isa Funtua made Buhari to retain him. (Making him the longest serving CBN Governor ever) I understand his loyalty to him. But what has Tinubu done for Emefiele to demand that he brings cash to deliver at Tinubu’s door step??
U don't seem to understand the dynamics of government. Emefile right now will be doing all he can not to offend not only Tinubu but anyone close to him who may form the next government. The guy has too many skeletons in his cupboard to want to offend the man who will likely be president.
Tinubu never be president sef, DSS don dey chase am upandan.

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by victooman: 11:48am On Jan 07, 2023
bdon123:

Seems u d only one in naija who doesn't know even buhari fears d reach of Tinubu....too many people in his pocket.
Now abt cash policy.The policy has made it diff for those who hav hidden wealth in cash to use.All bribery n corruption in naija is cash based,so remove ease of using cash, election rigging becomes a problem.Dollar is also too scarce for anyone to buy electorate wit.
Am sure by now,u hav heard APC leadership complain of cash policy stating that their agents who number above 10,000 are paid in cash .Now why will u pay agents in cash if wat u doing is completely legal? truth is money fpr bribery of local populace is in cash n not accounts....this is how it helps in corruption n election rigging
Now for economical advantage, businesses will state using more pos n government can easily monitor those not paying tax.Mind u,most Nigerians dont pay tax becos they collect payments mostly in cash n hide their tru net profit from firs.
look at how well ur article is written as if it had any sense in it,, so for Businesses to use POS means they will pay tax?
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by Misterone: 11:51am On Jan 07, 2023
Didijiji:
odè ask yourself why the same Emiefele performed averagely better under PDP.

Same Emefiele oooo

Rice was cheap.. Life was affordable

But under these DEMONS in power, the economy is totally destroyed.

APC Effect
mumu, so na rice be your problem. Idiot.
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by Misterone: 11:54am On Jan 07, 2023
bdon123:

U are obviously a mumu man that tinks this is Agege motor park where tinubu can bully d populace into voting him.
There is this saying ,that d number of people that will vote tinubu are an indication of d number of mentally demented people we hav in Nigeria.
I mean campaigning for a man already taken over by dementia,urinating on himself.
How can any normal person wanna support an x drug kingpin ,wit no known classmates or known origin?
you are the mad and imbecilic on here. Mumu goat
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by zedegit: 12:05pm On Jan 07, 2023
adenigga:

I thought they extended the date?

CBN is confused.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by Didijiji: 12:26pm On Jan 07, 2023
Misterone:
mumu, so na rice be your problem. Idiot.
your mama

Answer me rather insulting your generation

So rice no be food
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by yemi1504: 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2023
adenigga:

There will likely be a policy somersault and there will be an extension of the deadline if CBN is now conversant with reality. CBN has no control over her banks and they expect these banks who are ready to damn the consequences and sanctions to give the politicians the new money notes for votebuying this exact policy was against to obey this new policy. They should just accept this policy is a failure and make amends and make the old notes legal tender for at least 6 more months when the politicians have had their fill of new notes and there are no more hoarding of new notes. If not, they just want to cause the masses pains for nothing.
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by yemi1504: 12:54pm On Jan 07, 2023
MyMouth:
Some idiots from the land of the unknown gunmen were happy then that the CBN was doing Tinubu strong thing with the new naira notes, no knowing that if Tinubu needed billions in new notes, na emefile go carry am go give am for him house sef

You can say that again bro! The politicians that I suspect this policy is against have their fill while the masses are left holding the bag. Is this policy not a policy somersault?

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by yemi1504: 12:59pm On Jan 07, 2023
Beremx:
New notes that are already in the hands of corrupt politicians. They are stocking it up for elections in February. The new notes will only be dispensed evenly during elections via rigging.

Clueless CBN

You can say that again! The people the policy was exactly against have taken advantage of the system. So why bother with the policy after?
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by yemi1504: 1:06pm On Jan 07, 2023
Buddha3:
Yet to see a CBN team as confused as Emefiele and co, since the advent of our democracy.

This move was clearly a political motive that was promulgated to deter money bags from vote buying in the February elections. Yet, a few days after the release of the new notes, Bola Ahmed Tinubu handed an entire bundle of the new 1000 naira note to an elderly Northern man in the full glare of the watching public and cameras.

If Tinubu has enough access to the new notes to dispense more than the ordinary Nigerian's daily withdrawal limit of 100K in the space of 1minute, then the essence of the naira redesign has been defeated. He and other politicians clearly have stacked up their vaults with the new notes already, ahead of the elections. So, in addition to the fact the new notes are the ugliest we have ever had in circulation, the move has been nothing but a display of complete uselessness!

You can say that again that the essence of the policy has been defeated already. Time for them to admit defeat and let us go back to before this useless policy.

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by yemi1504: 1:07pm On Jan 07, 2023
morikee:
This policy is dead on arrival

You can say that again bro! The policy has been extensively defeated by those who the policy were exactly against!
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by yemi1504: 1:09pm On Jan 07, 2023
Uzomarrr12345:

It will be hard for BAT to do vote buying with this CBN policy…

Remember vote buying doesn’t start and end in bourdillon alone … these monies needs to get distributed to various wards nationwide…(36 states)

And this cannot be done in a short period of time… it takes months

For example …If they transfer 5 million naira to me to share to voters in my local govt a day before election, how can I withdraw the money given this CBN policy.

You can get 9 other people to withdraw the money for you and they along with you get their cuts. Where there is a will, there is a way! No be Nigeria we dey again?
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by ChukwuObe: 1:09pm On Jan 07, 2023
Crystalom5:
Cut your clothes according to your piss. Behold the man they want to lead you

I will prefer this man to a man who will come to increase and triple our poverty level as he did in Anambra. Only monkeys will not care
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by yemi1504: 1:10pm On Jan 07, 2023
udemzyudex:
I don't think we will meet up with the deadline.

Same thoughts here too. The people who the policy was against are safe while the masses are in for it SMH.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cubana Chief Priest Slams "Dirty Minded Broke People" / Femi Otedola With Dangote And His Daughter, Halima (Photo) / Naira Gains, Dollar Crashes At Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.