Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,385 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes (41329 Views)

Naira Redesign: Old, New Notes Are Legal Tender – CBN Reveals / CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu / CBN Bans Dollar Charges On Domestic Transactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by One4me: 1:10pm On Jan 07, 2023
Moh247:
Emefiele is up to some shady deal

Nothing to do with Emefiele, right now. The man is currently on the run for his life. grin grin
It is those Mallam Deputy Governors at CBN, trying to cause chaos, on the orders of Politicians
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by yemi1504: 1:10pm On Jan 07, 2023
alizma:
Nigerians are corrupt in almost everything, you won't believe that some bank staffs reserve this new notes for their big customers who in exchange give them grease Thier palm.

You are just getting to know the country is a cesspool of corruption?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by yemi1504: 1:13pm On Jan 07, 2023
blacksam01:
the baanks will simply mot load the ATM instead of disobeying the policy and being fined...

CBN send them more and more new notes....again..banks giv new notes only to big men

Abi

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by yemi1504: 1:17pm On Jan 07, 2023
Mexyz:
Customers are being given very dirty and rough looking old notes.
Why do I have the feelings that our politicians and big men in the society are secretly exchanging their looted old notes for the new ones in our Banks, thereby making the new notes to be scarce for the masses.
The Banks are conniving with the evil doers and needs to be closely monitored by the CBN.

Your feeling is right as that is exactly what is happening!

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by yemi1504: 1:18pm On Jan 07, 2023
CheapHomes1:

God bless you. I read a lot of comments and tried to counter them. Govt policies don't affect thr upper class. It's business as usual. It's the common man that suffers from all these nonesense

Abi

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by alizma: 1:27pm On Jan 07, 2023
yemi1504:

You are just getting to know the country is a cesspool of corruption?
I went to a bank for a transaction and got into discussion with one of the bankers, along the line he told me the CBN is yet to supply enough new note to go round but when one of their supposed big customer came in and demanded that his check be paid in new note, these guys quick did some abracadabra while keeping other customers waiting and before we knew what was happening, the man was paid. They kept the money in a bag so we can't see it and complain, and the man who appeared to have built trust in them didn't stress himself to check whether the money is correct or not. He drop something for them and took the bag away.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by yemi1504: 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2023
alizma:

I went to a bank for a transaction and got into discussion with one of the bankers, along the line he told me the CBN is yet to supply enough new note to go round but when one of their supposed big customer came in and demanded that his check be paid in new note, these guys quick did some abracadabra while keeping other customers waiting and before we knew what was happening, the man was paid. They kept the money in a bag so we can't see it and complain, and the man who appeared to have built trust in them didn't stress himself to check whether the money is correct or not. He drop something for them and took the bag away.

Hmmmm. Welcome to Nigeria! Sigh embarassed

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by weljewel: 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2023
Thanks be to God Most High for deliverance, direction, revelation, joy unspeakable, Victory, cure, healing, mercy and order. Allelujah!
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by bdon123(m): 2:33pm On Jan 07, 2023
Misterone:
you are the mad and imbecilic on here. Mumu goat
Ur mumu wear coat... slowpoke
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by bdon123(m): 2:35pm On Jan 07, 2023
CheapHomes1:

The questions are based on the claims you made. So if your claims are true, why can't you answer the questions.

Who asked you about buhari? The question I asked you is How did you arrive at the conclusion that Tinubu is trying to remove emefiele?

How does making it difficult for people who have hidden wealth to use beneficial to anybody?

What makes you think that those who you think want to.use cash to rig election can't get cash to rig election?

I haven't heard of APC leadership complain of cash policy and paying their agents. Where did you hear them complain of cash policy?

Have businesses not been using POS? How has that improved your standard of living?

When did govt start using POS to monitor people who don't pay taxes?

If people pay taxes, what is the benefit? Have nigerians not been paying taxes? What has been the benefit?
No my friend, Nigerians hav really not be paying tax ... If we were paying tax, Buhari will not indebt us to tune of 70trillion.
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by CheapHomes1: 3:48pm On Jan 07, 2023
bdon123:

No my friend, Nigerians hav really not be paying tax ... If we were paying tax, Buhari will not indebt us to tune of 70trillion.

You haven't answered my questions.

1. Who asked you about buhari? The question I asked you is How did you arrive at the conclusion that Tinubu is trying to remove emefiele?

2. How does making it difficult for people who have hidden wealth to use beneficial to anybody?

3. What makes you think that those who you think want to.use cash to rig election can't get cash to rig election?

4. I haven't heard of APC leadership complain of cash policy and paying their agents. Where did you hear them complain of cash policy?

5. Have businesses not been using POS? How has that improved your standard of living?

6. When did govt start using POS to monitor people who don't pay taxes?

7. If people pay taxes, what is the benefit? Have nigerians not been paying taxes? What has been the benefit?

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by tnerro1(m): 5:14pm On Jan 07, 2023
Is like some people in this government wants APC to lose the next elections or is this a ploy to help a particular candidate win the election, hmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by kissdabride: 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2023
Didijiji:
Now APC is getting on the nerves of naive and patient Nigerians

You said ATM will dispense 200 bills max yet ask the counters not to pay new bills. How will the people get the worthless 500 and 1000 bills?( worthless because CEFA is stronger>> thanks to APC)

Jonathan warned us to choose between light and darkeness…Freedom and slavery… prosperity and impoverishment……

With our own hands we voted in APC twice fa!

It is obvious we love hardship and want a taste of Venezuela and South Sudan economies

I think end sars wasn’t enough. If you push people to the wall, they have no where else to go to than to react!

NIGERIA NEEDS RE-SETTING
NIGERIA NEEDS TO BE SALVAGED FROM THE HANDS OF THE DEMONS IN APC
I wonder those supporting apcshit are they really living in Nigeria
APC is demonic and people supporting it

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by jamiu247(m): 9:52pm On Jan 07, 2023
Dey play CBN
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by Suunnn(f): 12:09am On Jan 08, 2023
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by JoeNL22(m): 12:13am On Jan 08, 2023
This man below will revamp the CBN. Too many unwarranted dumb policies.

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by Bluntemperor: 12:45am On Jan 08, 2023
God1000:
This will cause long queues and delay at the ATM machines.

The CBN should try to avoid this Confusion as the end of the termination days are fast approaching!
They should not be hiding to blame the Commercial Banks for shortages of New Notes! Blame Game is here!

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by youngzeal1: 8:41pm On Jan 22, 2023
alizma:

Many of you with nothing upstairs will just come and type nonsense on nairaland. In which way is this clueless? The money is not circulating while the rich already have it, but putting it in the ATM gives everyone equal right to have it provided the person goes to the ATM. Also it will reduce the chances of those who have planned to buy votes because their is certain amount one cannot withdraw from the ATM.
Mr have something upstairs, how can the most populous black nation change there currency in 3months?
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by alizma: 10:03am On Jan 23, 2023
youngzeal1:

Mr have something upstairs, how can the most populous black nation change there currency in 3months?
Which one do you have challenge with, the time or the availability of the new note, ever since the CBN ban the over the counter withdrawal of new note, have you not noticed the increase in circulation?
Moreover 3-months is more than enough to turn over any cash and individual is having with him.
Re: CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes by youngzeal1: 12:47pm On Jan 25, 2023
alizma:

Which one do you have challenge with, the time or the availability of the new note, ever since the CBN ban the over the counter withdrawal of new note, have you not noticed the increase in circulation?
Moreover 3-months is more than enough to turn over any cash and individual is having with him.
3 months really? U.k just changed there currency from the head of queen to the king abi? My brother google how long they gave d citizens, USA still they collect all of there currency till date.. ogbeni how fa?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cubana Chief Priest Slams "Dirty Minded Broke People" / Femi Otedola With Dangote And His Daughter, Halima (Photo) / Naira Gains, Dollar Crashes At Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.