Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,998 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

World's Most Powerful Passports - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / World's Most Powerful Passports (29389 Views)

Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is / The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa / 10 Of The Most Powerful Passports In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's Most Powerful Passports by ExAngel007(f): 8:47pm On Jan 10, 2023
The World's most powerful passport for 2023 has been revealed.

For the fifth year running, Japan crowns the index, which is based on exclusive data from the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and is ranked the world's most powerful passport for 2023.

Japanese citizens enjoy visa-free or visa-on-demand access to a record 193 destinations around the world, just ahead of Singapore and South Korea whose citizens can freely visit 192.

Below the Asian top three, a glut of European countries sit near the top of the leaderboard. Germany and Spain are tied on 190 destinations, followed by Finland, Italy, and Luxembourg on 189.

Then there's Austria, Denmark, Netherlands, and Sweden all tied in fifth place, while France, Ireland, Portugal, and the United Kingdom are at No. 6.

New Zealand and the United States make an appearance at No. 7, alongside Belgium, Norway, Switzerland and the Czech Republic.

Afghan nationals sit at the bottom of the index once again and can access just 27 countries without requiring a visa in advance.

The best passports to hold in 2023, according to the Henley Passport Index

1. Japan (193 destinations)

2. Singapore, South Korea (192 destinations)

3. Germany, Spain (190 destinations)

4. Finland, Italy, Luxembourg (189 destinations)

5. Austria, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden (188 destinations)

6. France, Ireland, Portugal, United Kingdom (187 destinations)

7. Belgium, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, United States, Czech Republic (186 destinations)

8. Australia, Canada, Greece, Malta (185 destinations)

9. Hungary, Poland (184 destinations)

10. Lithuania, Slovakia (183 destinations)

The worst passports to hold in 2023, according to the Henley Passport Index

Several countries around the world have visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to 40 or fewer countries. These include:

102. North Korea (40 destinations)

103. Nepal, Palestinian territory (38 destinations)

104. Somalia (35 destinations)

105. Yemen (34 destinations)

106. Pakistan (32 destinations)

107. Syria (30 destinations)

108. Iraq (29 destinations)

109. Afghanistan (27 destinations)
https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/1/worlds-most-powerful-passport-for-2023-revealed.html

9 Likes 8 Shares

Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by kereman1: 8:52pm On Jan 10, 2023
I don't even understand this shit. Are they indirectly travelshaming our Nigeria international passport.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by BloomingDale(f): 8:56pm On Jan 10, 2023

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by Righteousness2(m): 9:02pm On Jan 10, 2023
The Greatest Passport is the Passport that will grant you entry to Eternal life in Heaven.
The passport is JESUS CHRIST.

266 Likes 25 Shares

Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by eliyke(m): 9:11pm On Jan 10, 2023
Righteousness2:
The Greatest Passport is the Passport to Eternal life in Heaven.
oga chosen calm down,we dey talk of earth,no come dey put fear 4 person body

202 Likes 13 Shares

Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by alizma: 9:27pm On Jan 10, 2023
Before you run down your country as usual, note that china, Russia, south Africa etc are not there

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by Shawl001(m): 6:29am On Jan 11, 2023

See the way I was scrolling down to quickly see, what number Nigeria is. It's pathetic.
Nigeria needs help.
Truly, with all that we have and our diversity...nations should be thrilled to visit us, or come to stay with us.

But, the reverse is the case.
We need to make the right choice this election. Pls, I beg everyone.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by merits(m): 6:29am On Jan 11, 2023

1 Like

Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by grailife(m): 6:30am On Jan 11, 2023
For those that are always looking for help online
Join now
There will be data sharing join now
https://www./1227564777844713/?ref=share
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by BIGDADDY000(m): 6:30am On Jan 11, 2023
Even if Nigeria want to be there, our IMMIGRATION OFFICER wouldn't allow that because they are anything you can call AGENT OF CORRUPTION

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by Felabrity: 6:30am On Jan 11, 2023
Has to be Japan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by Decentdave(m): 6:31am On Jan 11, 2023
N
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by Decentdave(m): 6:32am On Jan 11, 2023
Where USA passport come dey?

6 Likes

Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by EKONGKING: 6:32am On Jan 11, 2023
With the way our igbo brothers are developing Asia ,I expect to see Nigeria in bottom 10 soon grin

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by Aufbauh(m): 6:32am On Jan 11, 2023
Aufbauh:
I only know the weakest passport in the world to be the Biafra Passport, passport to no where. It's worth next to nothing.

1 Like

Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by veekid(m): 6:32am On Jan 11, 2023
If there's a list for world's most useless passports, y'all know who gon top the list. Tueeehhh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by Lifestone(m): 6:33am On Jan 11, 2023
Let's vote the right Leadership for a greater Nigeria

1 Like

Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by Bintdawood(f): 6:33am On Jan 11, 2023
Better Naija i pray

Some people will still come and start insulting our Nigeria undecided undecided
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:33am On Jan 11, 2023
which number naija come fall into?
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by Winters23: 6:33am On Jan 11, 2023
grin
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by Elidrisy20: 6:34am On Jan 11, 2023
Who passport help? If you get money,as in real money it is finish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by Kajaard: 6:34am On Jan 11, 2023
Righteousness2:
The Greatest Passport is the Passport to Eternal life in Heaven.

This topic is passports on earth and not heaven. Try and be calming down Mr Chosen.

Your body too dey hot cheesy

4 Likes

Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by Offpoint1: 6:38am On Jan 11, 2023
wink
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by Father4all: 6:38am On Jan 11, 2023
Foolish IATA people. They called them the worst because they don't have money
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by hslbroker2(m): 6:38am On Jan 11, 2023
What about Nigeria the Giant of Africa.

Meanwhile I sell rods and hardwood for roofing, check my signature and call my phone number, you can also whatsapp me.

Note this payment on delivery.

Thanks.
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by Badgers14: 6:38am On Jan 11, 2023
Nigeria should be #1.

260 countries cool

1 Like

Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by BigDawsNet: 6:38am On Jan 11, 2023
No crime I'm getting a second passport...

Don't wait until Nigeria makes top 30
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by karzyharsky(m): 6:40am On Jan 11, 2023
Abi passport photograph
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by femimailbox(m): 6:41am On Jan 11, 2023
Shawl001:

See the way I was scrolling down to quickly see, what number Nigeria is. It's pathetic.
Nigeria needs help.
Truly, with all that we have and our diversity...nations should be thrilled to visit us, or come to stay with us.

But, the reverse is the case.
We need to make the right choice this election. Pls, I beg everyone.
I don't think you grasp the context of this writeup, it's not them visiting us! But we visiting other countries Visa free or Visa on arrival. I think US is not among top 10 too.
If I'm right I believe Nigeria has Visa free to upto 50 countries (not sure). We will get there by God's grace. Just vote right (not who has the sweetest tongue but check their history and background also their antecedent and vote right)

3 Likes

Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by gimakon2(m): 6:42am On Jan 11, 2023
kereman1:
I don't even understand this shit. Are they indirectly travelshaming our Nigeria international passport.

You voted Buhari in 2015 abi? This is the result. Then when you vote an idiot like Tinubu, we would be travelling to only 3 countries visa free , then if shettima comes in as president (because they will kill your tinubu if care is not taken) we would only go to islamic nations visa free , not saudi arabia or Qatar, the likes of Chad, Burkina faso, Mali and maybe what is this very useless country again, Guinea Conakry... ehen

You know You Nigerians do not like good things before.. I hope you vote rightly this time.

4 Likes

Re: World's Most Powerful Passports by gimakon2(m): 6:45am On Jan 11, 2023
alizma:
Before you run down your country as usual, note that china, Russia, south Africa etc are not there

But at least they have better bilateral agreements with nearly first world nations. Would you say ill of Rwanda? with Rwandese Passport i can go to Australia , No visa. From 3rd world, Rwanda is becoming First world. Why can't Nigeria emulate something like that?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Car Crushes 4-Year-Old Boy To Death Inside Parents’ Compound In Lagos / Harare Gallery (zimbabwe): Have A Look, Please! / Accident Involving 2 Containers On Oshodi Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.