Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? (35140 Views)

How Do I Convince My Boyfriend That I Was Only Trying To Protect Him? / What Can I Convince My Woman Who Is A Virgin That Sex Is Sweet And Not Painful / Lady Surprises Her Boyfriend To Mark Their 1st Anniversary (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Banilla: 3:42pm On Jan 12, 2023
Mods, take this to the front page. Thank you.

Hi everyone! I have a boyfriend, we've been together for a year. I absolutely love him, he's my whole world! And that's the reason I'm pressuring him to save, if we're going to have a future together. And he's down for it, he makes nothing less than 200k monthly. I'm still a student, searching for a decent job. I can't invest sh** presently but I hope to start soon. Yesterday, I brought it up. I want him to send money monthly to my bank account, no matter how little. I'll save it for him. He's hesitating. He said I should be patient, he'll give me everything I need but he wants more time. I don't want to ruin our relationship but I need his co-operation. I'm scared he might leave me, after I've given him the best years of my life. I subtly threatened him that my family would force me to marry a Nigerian but he made a joke out of it, saying I would never, that I'm his... embarassed

What should I do?

NB: I've never taken a dime from him. He drinks often and I don't want him spending 'our future' on alcohol! I'm way better at saving.

I'm worried if I press the subject, he'll get mad at me.

I also told him I want to leave Nigeria, he thinks it's a good idea and I also told him I can't afford it alone. He said he needs time.

Doesn't he love me? Should I let it go? Or insist we resolve this?

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by FalseProphet1(m): 3:43pm On Jan 12, 2023
He should save in your bank, I don't understand did he tell you his bank has problem or he doesn't know how to save money. Madam keep your eyes out of his money and focus on your education if not, no guy would take you serious.

This I have seen.

901 Likes 62 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Banilla: 3:45pm On Jan 12, 2023
FalseProphet1:
He should save in your bank, I don't understand did he tell you his bank has problem or he doesn't know how to save money. Madam keep your eyes out of his money and focus on your education if not, no guy would take you serious.

This I have seen.
I'm not spending his money! Read the post. One of us has to hold it. We can't open a joint account, too far away to do so.

So what matters is who. And I'm better suited

4 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by FalseProphet1(m): 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
I'm not spending his money! Read the post. One of us has to hold it. We can't open a joint account, too far away to do so.

So what matters is who. And I'm better suited
You're not his wife so he has no business opening a joint account with you. You're just a girlfriend who can dump him tomorrow and abscond with his hard-earned money.

Leave him alone and Hussle for yourself.

1027 Likes 93 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by EmiDon11: 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2023
Efulefu Leave somebody son alone. Miss banker. He tell you say he no fit open bank account ni?
She even said she dont want him to spend thier future on alcohol. Which future? Na u born him?
BLOODY GOLD DIGGER !!!

637 Likes 37 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Olachase(m): 3:52pm On Jan 12, 2023
Just tell us the only plan you have this year is to kill someone son

Unbehalf of that hard working guy I rebook you grin grin

583 Likes 52 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Dreadlock69(m): 3:54pm On Jan 12, 2023
Your plan will not work , you want to carry someone money and run away

446 Likes 34 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Moh247: 3:54pm On Jan 12, 2023
cool

Pigyvest nko?!

Corporative Society nko?!

Women!!! Too much wayo..

But why ain't Nigerian girls into Yahoo... They have nice formats

375 Likes 22 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Banilla: 4:00pm On Jan 12, 2023
FalseProphet1:

You're not his wife so he has no business opening a joint account with you. You're just a girlfriend who can dump him tomorrow and abscond with his hard-earned money.

Leave him alone and Hussle for yourself.
You don't know me! I love him. Why would I betray him? I'll take a bullet for him if I have to. He wants to marry me! The joint account is to save for us both. That's why Nigerians are where they are, we are planning long term. You can't build a future on love alone. I'm being reasonable.

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by rickpat(m): 4:01pm On Jan 12, 2023
you can only suggest a savings plan/pattern for him...you telling him to save in your account is WRONG..

focus on your own CAREER...talks like these makes most men disrespect women...when I read the topic,I even thought you work in a bank and you are advising him to open an account with your bank

NB: YOU ARE ONLY A GIRLFRIEND,IF THE TABLES WHERE TURNED WOULD YOU SAVE IN IS BANK ACCOUNT?..you have no right to tell him to save in your account except he is the one that ones too.. GIRL GIVE YOURSELF SOME RESPECT...things like these doesn't always end well...if the guy doesn't want to save in your account,let him be,no need pressurizing him, financial matters Should be decided between you two only...good luck

275 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Banilla: 4:03pm On Jan 12, 2023
rickpat:
you can only suggest a savings plan/pattern for him...you telling him to save in your account is WRONG..

focus on your own CAREER...talks like these makes most men disrespect women...when I read the topic,I even thought you work in a bank and you are advising him to open an account with your bank

NB: YOU ARE ONLY A GIRLFRIEND,IF THE TABLES WHERE TURNED WOULD YOU SAVE IN IS BANK ACCOUNT?..you have no right to tell him to save in your account except he is the one that ones too.. GIRL GIVE YOURSELF SOME RESPECT...good luck
Hm. So I'm wrong? Should I apologize to him? I just want to be certain he's serious. I guess I can't pressure him, right?

What's your advice? embarassed

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by rickpat(m): 4:09pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
Hm. So I'm wrong? Should I apologize to him? I just want to be certain he's serious. I guess I can't pressure him, right?

don't pressure him at all.. don't bring up the issue with him again...just only suggest and encourage him to have a savings account different from his normal account..but please don't mention that part of you wanting him to save in your account...has it occurred to you that he might be seeking advise from people on this matter too?..and most men will advise him that you are after his Money...YOUR INTENTIONS MAYBE GOOD,BUT ITS NOT ALL GOOD INTENTIONS THAT GOES DOWN WELL WITH PEOPLE..so just suggest for him and from time to time ask him how he is doing with the savings that's all

232 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by rickpat(m): 4:09pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

don't pressure him at all.. don't bring up the issue with him again...just only suggest and encourage him to have a savings account different from his normal account..but please don't mention that part of you wanting him to save in your account...has it occurred to you that he might be seeking advise from people on this matter too?..and most men will advise him that you are after his Money...YOUR INTENTIONS MAYBE GOOD,BUT ITS NOT ALL GOOD INTENTIONS THAT GOES DOWN WELL WITH PEOPLE..so just suggest for him and from time to time ask him how he is doing with the savings that's all

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Fahvvy: 4:11pm On Jan 12, 2023
I have a few questions I'd like to ask you undecided...

Would you save money in your boyfriend's account? undecided...

If things were to go south, what's the guarantee that you would return all the money he saved in your account back to him peacefully ? undecided...

Why aren't you advising him to open a fixed deposit account in any of the banks? Why must it be your own account? undecided...

141 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Banilla: 4:17pm On Jan 12, 2023
rickpat:
I suppose. We weren't born rich, so I absolutely want us to live better. When I had a job, I saved but I don't think he did. And it's frustrating. He talks alot about the future but all this time, we haven't really started working towards achieving any of our goals, atleast I'm trying despite living in the poorest country. He's doing better, so I expect some effort but I'm getting nothing.

I'll encourage him to save, I did when he first got the job, five months after we started dating. I know he'll quit again, he keeps doing it. All I need is stability.

Or I should just risk it? Stop planning, depend on fate? Trust him to make the best decision for us both?

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Fahvvy: 4:20pm On Jan 12, 2023
@rickpat

Does this girl look like she has good intentions for that guy? grin... Because why exactly is she suggesting her own bank? undecided...

Aren't they online saving platforms?
How about a fixed deposit account?

Omorr...
Leave am...

This girl has bad plans for that guy grin...
And did you also read the part where she said she "subtly threatened him"? grin...

After the guy has saved like 500k in her account, when he decides to leave her, she will also "subtly threaten" him again grin ...

This time she'll be like, "if you leave me, forget about your money" cheesy... And if them get issues, she will also "subtly threaten " him and be like, "if you don't apologize, forget about your money" grin...

In summary...
I see more "subtle threats" in the near future cheesy...

159 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Banilla: 4:22pm On Jan 12, 2023
Fahvvy:
I have a few questions I'd like to ask you undecided...

Would you save money in your boyfriend's account? undecided...

If things were to go south, what's the guarantee that you would return all the money he saved in your account back to him peacefully ? undecided...

Why aren't you advising him to open a fixed deposit account in any of the banks? Why must it be your own account? undecided...
He's one the other side of the world! How can I be sure? He's young, indecisive... I love h, and I don't want us to ever break up. But long distance relationships don't last! If we don't settle down quick, we are over. And I don't want to give all my heart to someone who could break it. Half the time we were together, he had no job. And I didn't mind cause the relationship was relatively young. Now, we need to work towards something. What's the point if we don't? I won't spend his money, it's a promise. But either that or I find some way to pressure him into saving.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Banilla: 4:25pm On Jan 12, 2023
Fahvvy:
@rickpat

Does this girl look like she has good intentions for that guy? grin... Because why exactly is she suggesting her own bank? undecided...

Omorr...
Leave am...

And did you also read the part where she said she "subtly threatened him"? grin...

After the guy has saved like 500k in her account, when he decides to leave her, she will also "subtly threaten" him again grin ...

This time she'll be like, "if you leave me, forget about your money" cheesy... And if them get issues, she will also "subtly threaten " him and be like, "if you don't apologize, forget about your money" grin...

In summary...
grin

No one is perfect. You've subtly threatened someone. I just needed to emphasize the need to settle down.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Fahvvy: 4:26pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
He's one the other side of the world! How can I be sure? He's young, indecisive... I love h, and I don't want us to ever break up. But long distance relationships don't last! If we don't settle down quick, we are over. And I don't want to give all my heart to someone who could break it. Half the time we were together, he had no job. And I didn't mind cause the relationship was relatively young. Now, we need to work towards something. What's the point if we don't? I won't spend his money, it's a promise. But either that or I find some way to pressure him into saving.

Hahahahahahaa grin...
You haven't answered any of my questions ma grin...

And that tells a WHOLE LOT grin...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by rickpat(m): 4:26pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
I suppose. We weren't born rich, so I absolutely want us to live better. When I had a job, I saved but I don't think he did. And it's frustrating. He talks alot about the future but all this time, we haven't really started working towards achieving any of our goals, atleast I'm trying despite living in the poorest country. He's doing better, so I expect some effort but I'm getting nothing.

I'll encourage him to save, I did when he first got the job, five months after we started dating. I know he'll quit again, he keeps doing it. All I need is stability.

Or I should just risk it? Stop planning, depend on fate? Trust him to make the best decision for us both?
since you have discussed it with him,just chill..if he is someone not serious about his finances and he is not ready to adjust,you can break up.. financial stability is very important in marriage..if he keeps messing up his finances,you should have a rethink about the relationship

12 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Banilla: 4:27pm On Jan 12, 2023
Fahvvy:

Hahahahahahaa grin...
You haven't answered any of my questions ma grin...

And that tells a WHOLE LOT grin...
I have showed that my heart is clean. That's enough

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Banilla: 4:28pm On Jan 12, 2023
rickpat:
since you have discussed it with him,just chill..if he is someone not serious about his finances and he is not ready to adjust,you can break up.. financial stability is very important in marriage..if he keeps messing up his finances,you should have a rethink about the relationship
Thank you very much. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by rickpat(m): 4:29pm On Jan 12, 2023
Fahvvy:
@rickpat

Omorr...
Leave am...

In summary...
Lol..you thoughts are not far from it but it's good to give people the benefit of the doubt...but I still stand that pressuring Someone to save in your account even in marriage is wrong... financial issue Should be what the couple willingly again to do

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Muiccine(m): 4:31pm On Jan 12, 2023
Hanty,sori o shey him own bank get leprousy ni?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by siofra(f): 4:32pm On Jan 12, 2023
@Banilla

It's a good thing that you want him to save, but are you sure you're disciplined enough not to use the money?

Since he says he needs time, I think you should respect his wishes before it turns into a bitter fight. But you can still continue to drop hints and drop subtle messages on why he should save. Hopefully he gets it.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Fahvvy: 4:32pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
grin

No one is perfect. You've subtly threatened someone. I just needed to emphasize the need to settle down.

Hahahahah grin...
I'm actually enjoying seeing you proving point grin...

Madam...
If you truly love that guy as much as you say you do, then tell him to save in any account that is not yours! undecided...

Asking him to save money in your account is VERRRRYY SUSPICIOUS and trust me, if I were in the shoes of your man, this would be a VERRRRRY HUGE RED FLAG undecided...

Advising him to save money is Awesome!! But advising him to save in YOUR account, nahhh that's just dubious if you ask me grin...

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 12, 2023
Yahoo girl grin

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Fahvvy: 4:42pm On Jan 12, 2023
rickpat:
Lol..you thoughts are not far from it but it's good to give people the benefit of the doubt...but I still stand that pressuring Someone to save in your account even in marriage is wrong... financial issue Should be what the couple willingly again to do

Benefit of doubt? grin...
Not in this case sir grin...

See eh...
I'm not against her advising her man to save, that's a very great advice, but my bone of contention is, WHY EXACTLY SHOULD IT BE IN HER OWN ACCOUNT?

Is there something special about her account that she's not telling us? cheesy... Abi if he saves the money else where, would the money not save? cheesy...

Oga sef would even get interest if he opens a fixed deposit as against saving it in her bank where bank would take monthly charges grin...

Chief, leave that thing ...
This girl has mahd plans for that guy grin...
She wants to use that guys money as a "security measure" just in case things goes south grin...

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by ibechris(m): 4:49pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
You don't know me! I love him. Why would I betray him? I'll take a bullet for him if I have to. He wants to marry me! The joint account is to save for us both. That's why Nigerians are where they are, we are planning long term. You can't build a future on love alone. I'm being reasonable.

U have not seen bullet babe.

Be cooling down...if u see real bullet u won't say this.
No Nigerian man can take any bullet for any woman except accidental discharge.

Just be calming down ok.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Silentgroper(m): 4:49pm On Jan 12, 2023
Isn't the op berry

They sound alike

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by rickpat(m): 4:51pm On Jan 12, 2023
Fahvvy:

Benefit of doubt? grin...
Not in this case sir grin...

See eh...
I'm not against her advising her man to save, that's a very great advice, but my bone of contention is, WHY EXACTLY SHOULD IT BE IN HER OWN ACCOUNT?

Is there something special about her account that she's not telling us? cheesy... Abi if he saves the money else where, would the money not save? cheesy...

Oga sef would even get interest if he opens a fixed deposit as against saving it in her bank where bank would take monthly charges grin...

Chief, leave that thing ...
This girl has mahd plans for that guy grin...
She wants to use that guys money as a "security measure" just in case things goes south grin...
Lol..she went to far though

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Fakbrown: 4:52pm On Jan 12, 2023
Ds ona cruise accts ona ne de tire, e no tire ona to think come type nonsense

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Pictures From Nairalander's Proposal / I Welcome Nairalanders In Advance To My Wedding With These Prewedding Pictures / A Response To "Don't Marry A Person Who Cannot Satisfy You Sexually"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.