Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,414 members, 7,836,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? (35328 Views)

How Do I Convince My Boyfriend That I Was Only Trying To Protect Him? / What Can I Convince My Woman Who Is A Virgin That Sex Is Sweet And Not Painful / Lady Surprises Her Boyfriend To Mark Their 1st Anniversary (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 12, 2023
jheaboiy:

Babe, u have a good point..don't mind all dis redpilllers
It's a good advice but if he's hesitating..just act asif u don't care..
Maybe he thinks enjoyment will last forever..d money wey he supposed use plan his career, he go don use m shayo..base on say na big boy abi..
Try praying for him n encouraging him
what happens to asking the guy to open an account and restrict the account?
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Kobojunkie: 11:34pm On Jan 12, 2023
famouscargo4u:

He doesn't feel comfortable saving it with you. Give him options - piggyvest is there. AIICo target saving, etc.
Him tell you say him no no options to save even though him no dey save? undecided
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by flexyrule(m): 11:37pm On Jan 12, 2023
I don't have much to say...

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Ore0909(f): 11:37pm On Jan 12, 2023
What a Fabricated story! Everyday, one lie lie story or the other to tarnish the female gender. Una Neva tire abi?
Believe the narrative at Ur own peril.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by ibinaboonline: 11:42pm On Jan 12, 2023
he makes nothing less than 200k monthly.
No wonder you love him and he's your whole world. His money is already your future and you don't want him spending it on alcohol. You love him so much but you want to leave him and travel abroad and he should sponsor your trip too. Ah, may God save us from women that'll shorten our life span.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by einsteine(m): 11:46pm On Jan 12, 2023
OP needs to be flogged.

That's if it's not a cooked post.

But if it is real, someone needs to give her 20 lashes. If you get brother and he tells you he is saving in one girl's account, what would you do or say?

Inglorious basterd.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by moneyissweet(m): 11:52pm On Jan 12, 2023
So that you can kill him and take all his money

Thief.

Banilla:
Mods, take this to the front page. Thank you.

Hi everyone! I have a boyfriend, we've been together for a year. I absolutely love him, he's my whole world! And that's the reason I'm pressuring him to save, if we're going to have a future together. And he's down for it, he makes nothing less than 200k monthly. I'm still a student, searching for a decent job. I can't invest sh** presently but I hope to start soon. Yesterday, I brought it up. I want him to send money monthly to my bank account, no matter how little. I'll save it for him. He's hesitating. He said I should be patient, he'll give me everything I need but he wants more time. I don't want to ruin our relationship but I need his co-operation. I'm scared he might leave me, after I've given him the best years of my life. I subtly threatened him that my family would force me to marry a Nigerian but he made a joke out of it, saying I would never, that I'm his... embarassed

What should I do?

NB: I've never taken a dime from him. He drinks often and I don't want him spending 'our future' on alcohol! I'm way better at saving.

I'm worried if I press the subject, he'll get mad at me.

I also told him I want to leave Nigeria, he thinks it's a good idea and I also told him I can't afford it alone. He said he needs time.

Doesn't he love me? Should I let it go? Or insist we resolve this?
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by TenQ: 12:05am On Jan 13, 2023
Positiveme2020:

And what will she contribute to the account Zero because she has no job.
It doesn't matter. I had a joint account with my fiancee well before we got married. Wedding finances were accumulated in the account. She was a student then. I have not one single regret about the decision
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by sheriffindy(m): 12:15am On Jan 13, 2023
She will not answer those questions
Fahvvy:
I have a few questions I'd like to ask you undecided...

Would you save money in your boyfriend's account? undecided...

If things were to go south, what's the guarantee that you would return all the money he saved in your account back to him peacefully ? undecided...

Why aren't you advising him to open a fixed deposit account in any of the banks? Why must it be your own account? undecided...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by dvkot(m): 12:16am On Jan 13, 2023
Banilla:
You don't know me! I love him. Why would I betray him? I'll take a bullet for him if I have to. He wants to marry me! The joint account is to save for us both. That's why Nigerians are where they are, we are planning long term. You can't build a future on love alone. I'm being reasonable.
tell him to open a business
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by sheriffindy(m): 12:18am On Jan 13, 2023
All these ones na girlfriends too...

NOTHING DEY MAKE SENSE AGAIN NOWADAYS
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by sheriffindy(m): 12:19am On Jan 13, 2023
Like his own side hustle...
dvkot:
tell him to open a business
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by chris51(f): 12:21am On Jan 13, 2023
Banilla:
I'm not spending his money! Read the post. One of us has to hold it. We can't open a joint account, too far away to do so.

So what matters is who. And I'm better suited

Why can't the man save or hold the money he works for?
You are not yet married and you want to control his life. If you are not careful, he will dump you
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by chris51(f): 12:21am On Jan 13, 2023
chris51:

Why can't the man save or hold the money he works for?
You are not yet married and you want to control his life. If you are not careful, he will dump you
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by SlimzDboss(m): 12:25am On Jan 13, 2023
Omo I had to login my nairaland account just to comment on this topic.
Is this playing
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by greggng: 12:26am On Jan 13, 2023
Banilla:

Hi everyone! I have a boyfriend, we've been together for a year. I absolutely love him, he's my whole world! And that's the reason I'm pressuring him to save, if we're going to have a future together. And he's down for it, he makes nothing less than 200k monthly. I'm still a student, searching for a decent job. I can't invest sh** presently but I hope to start soon. Yesterday, I brought it up. I want him to send money monthly to my bank account, no matter how little. I'll save it for him. He's hesitating. He said I should be patient, he'll give me everything I need but he wants more time. I don't want to ruin our relationship but I need his co-operation. I'm scared he might leave me, after I've given him the best years of my life. I subtly threatened him that my family would force me to marry a Nigerian but he made a joke out of it, saying I would never, that I'm his... embarassed

What should I do?

NB: I've never taken a dime from him. He drinks often and I don't want him spending 'our future' on alcohol! I'm way better at saving.

I also told him I want to leave Nigeria, he thinks it's a good idea and I also told him I can't afford it alone. He said he needs time.

First is an insult for you to ask a grown up man to be saving in your bank account . What happens to his own bank account . It may seem you have other motives . May be one day you will run away . The owner of any account is the owner of the money in it . If you truly love him stop suggesting that to him ..rather advice him to open his own account and save .
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by sheriffindy(m): 12:28am On Jan 13, 2023
Save your own money in your account in your own bank.

Your weird strange request is enough to cause a big problem your "so called relationship"

Once people always think "how would I feel if it's me" before carrying out any thought or action towards another person. LIFE WOULD BE MUCH EASIER
Banilla:
grin

No one is perfect. You've subtly threatened someone. I just needed to emphasize the need to settle down.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by chris51(f): 12:30am On Jan 13, 2023
Banilla:
Hm. So I'm wrong? Should I apologize to him? I just want to be certain he's serious. I guess I can't pressure him, right?

What's your advice? embarassed

Just encourage him to open account and be saving
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by NaijaCover(m): 12:35am On Jan 13, 2023
Banilla:
You don't know me! I love him. Why would I betray him? I'll take a bullet for him if I have to. He wants to marry me! The joint account is to save for us both. That's why Nigerians are where they are, we are planning long term. You can't build a future on love alone. I'm being reasonable.

Can you be giving me your school fee money, let me be saving it for it?
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by sheriffindy(m): 12:36am On Jan 13, 2023
KPOOAI!!..Dem don dive-fly pass De Gea leave the bullet make e enter net.

Na for matrix dem dey catch bullet
ibechris:

U have not seen bullet babe.

Be cooling down...if u see real bullet u won't say this.
No Nigerian man can take any bullet for any woman except accidental discharge.

Just be calming down ok.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Lancelott(m): 12:37am On Jan 13, 2023
You can understand his fears...
- You're saying all these things, it's still up to him to decide.
- You have big plans that you cannot currently fund nor contribute to (for example travelling abroad) and you don't understand why he's hesitant to keep his money with you?
- If saving is the issue, he can open a fixed deposit and keep his money there. I mean, it doesn't have to be with you, also, he'd be saving.
- Not putting it in your account shouldn't be the issue, find a workaround that offers him full control of his money and he still saves.
- Imagine you breakup, there's no assurance that he'll get it back. We've heard of cases where the lady would run or say the money is payment for all the sex.
- Lastly, encourage not hound him.

Goodluck
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by sheriffindy(m): 12:39am On Jan 13, 2023
[Unless he saves in her own account..abiquote author=Mhikasa0007 post=119965988]You should obviously leave him. It is clear that he's not ready to have a future with you. Any man that has a girl and is ready to get married to her would start saving up as soon as possible. There are men out there ready to give you the world. Don't settle for less [/quote]
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Godsown0: 12:58am On Jan 13, 2023
This one think say she don see mumu, she don dey even use the term ‘OUR’. Your breakfast will be served hot don’t worry no go work
Banilla:

What should I do?

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Xkale1996(m): 1:02am On Jan 13, 2023
Banilla:

What should I do?

advice him to keep saving
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by jeromestarks: 1:10am On Jan 13, 2023
EmiDon11:
Efulefu
Leave somebody son alone.
Miss banker.
He tell you say he no fit open bank account ni?

She even said she dont want him to spend thier future on alcohol.
Which future?
Na u born him?

BLOODY GOLD DIGGER !!!

Hahahaha grin

You just come break the whole table.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Godsown0: 1:20am On Jan 13, 2023
Banilla:
embarassed

This touched me. Thank you.
You don’t really know what u want you are only attracted to his money, it’s obvious u are very young
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Adebowalay(m): 1:26am On Jan 13, 2023
FalseProphet1:
He should save in your bank, I don't understand did he tell you his bank has problem or he doesn't know how to save money. Madam keep your eyes out of his money and focus on your education if not, no guy would take you serious.

This I have seen.
hahahahahaha....The Real Savagery lives in you....mehn
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Adebowalay(m): 1:30am On Jan 13, 2023
For u to even bring this here u must have almost dilapidated his sense of reasoning...LEAVE HIM ALONEEEEEEEEE....Anty Vanilla, Abi na Banilla
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Collins4u1(m): 1:33am On Jan 13, 2023
Lolzzzz..

So that one day you go carry am invest for chicken storage business or cocoyam storage business wey you go see online.

Whom the gods want to kill, he makes mad first.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Marcus96: 1:42am On Jan 13, 2023
FalseProphet1:
He should save in your bank, I don't understand did he tell you his bank has problem or he doesn't know how to save money. Madam keep your eyes out of his money and focus on your education if not, no guy would take you serious.

This I have seen.

Are you a thief? Delete this your idea

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Sex On The First Date; Yes Or No? / Why Are Some Ladies Attracted To Bad Boys? / What Do Girls Mean By Gist Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.