Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,560 members, 7,837,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? (35338 Views)

How Do I Convince My Boyfriend That I Was Only Trying To Protect Him? / What Can I Convince My Woman Who Is A Virgin That Sex Is Sweet And Not Painful / Lady Surprises Her Boyfriend To Mark Their 1st Anniversary (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by okoloto: 10:35pm On Jan 12, 2023
Saving doesn't make one rich. Advice him to invest. 200k last 3 months is not same value this month. cool
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by DestinyNigga: 10:35pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
You don't know me! I love him. Why would I betray him? I'll take a bullet for him if I have to. He wants to marry me! The joint account is to save for us both. That's why Nigerians are where they are, we are planning long term. You can't build a future on love alone. I'm being reasonable.

You will take bullet for him? cheesy cheesy cheesy talk another thing biko. The same thing my ex told me only to run away with yahoo guys grin grin
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by famouscargo4u: 10:37pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
You don't know me! I love him. Why would I betray him? I'll take a bullet for him if I have to. He wants to marry me! The joint account is to save for us both. That's why Nigerians are where they are, we are planning long term. You can't build a future on love alone. I'm being reasonable.
He doesn't feel comfortable saving it with you. Give him options - piggyvest is there. AIICo target saving, etc.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Jerewise332(m): 10:37pm On Jan 12, 2023
omonnakoda:
My thread?
Oh sorry i thought you created the thread
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by omonnakoda: 10:38pm On Jan 12, 2023
okoloto:
Saving doesn't make one rich. Advice him to invest. 200k last 3 months is not same value this month. cool
His salary is 200K
How much should be invest and in what?
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by omonnakoda: 10:38pm On Jan 12, 2023
Jerewise332:

Oh sorry i thought you created the thread
why?
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
I'm not spending his money! Read the post. One of us has to hold it. We can't open a joint account, too far away to do so.

So what matters is who. And I'm better suited
Has he even proposed to you?
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Qatar2022: 10:40pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
Mods, take this to the front page. Thank you.

Hi everyone! I have a boyfriend, we've been together for a year. I absolutely love him, he's my whole world! And that's the reason I'm pressuring him to save, if we're going to have a future together. And he's down for it, he makes nothing less than 200k monthly. I'm still a student, searching for a decent job. I can't invest sh** presently but I hope to start soon. Yesterday, I brought it up. I want him to send money monthly to my bank account, no matter how little. I'll save it for him. He's hesitating. He said I should be patient, he'll give me everything I need but he wants more time. I don't want to ruin our relationship but I need his co-operation. I'm scared he might leave me, after I've given him the best years of my life. I subtly threatened him that my family would force me to marry a Nigerian but he made a joke out of it, saying I would never, that I'm his... embarassed

What should I do?

NB: I've never taken a dime from him. He drinks often and I don't want him spending 'our future' on alcohol! I'm way better at saving.

I'm worried if I press the subject, he'll get mad at me.

I also told him I want to leave Nigeria, he thinks it's a good idea and I also told him I can't afford it alone. He said he needs time.

Doesn't he love me? Should I let it go? Or insist we resolve this?
You're a devil seeking for who to destroy , your plans will never work

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by ODIONWILSON(m): 10:41pm On Jan 12, 2023
Look at this Delilah.. how will pressure your boyfriend to save into your account
What sort of nonsense is that
Wait I don't understand are u his next of kin u better don't bring pain to that so called boyfriend and focus on your life don't depends on him u never become wifey

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by ashawopikin(m): 10:41pm On Jan 12, 2023
This one na cruise jare
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by HomeTutorsPro: 10:42pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

Hi everyone! I have a boyfriend, we've been together for a year. I absolutely love him, he's my whole world! And that's the reason I'm pressuring him to save, if we're going to have a future together. And he's down for it, he makes nothing less than 200k monthly. I'm still a student, searching for a decent job. I can't invest sh** presently but I hope to start soon. Yesterday, I brought it up. I want him to send money monthly to my bank account, no matter how little. I'll save it for him. He's hesitating. He said I should be patient, he'll give me everything I need but he wants more time. I don't want to ruin our relationship but I need his co-operation. I'm scared he might leave me, after I've given him the best years of my life. I subtly threatened him that my family would force me to marry a Nigerian but he made a joke out of it, saying I would never, that I'm his... embarassed

What should I do?

NB: I've never taken a dime from him. He drinks often and I don't want him spending 'our future' on alcohol! I'm way better at saving.

I also told him I want to leave Nigeria, he thinks it's a good idea and I also told him I can't afford it alone. He said he needs time.

Who is this?
I'm not sure you are from this our planet.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by shantti(m): 10:42pm On Jan 12, 2023
this one pass gold digging
in fact this one nah uranium digging
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Qatar2022: 10:42pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
I'm not spending his money! Read the post. One of us has to hold it. We can't open a joint account, too far away to do so.

If a girl tell your brother to save money in her bank account how will you feel when you hear it?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by omonnakoda: 10:42pm On Jan 12, 2023
famouscargo4u:

He doesn't feel comfortable saving it with you. Give him options - piggyvest is there. AIICo target saving, etc.
In Nigeria today even if one is clueless he can open a domiciliary account in $
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by shantti(m): 10:43pm On Jan 12, 2023
shantti:
this one pass gold digging
in fact this one nah uranium digging

op discard this comment pls
after reading further, i discovered that your greed pass both gold digging and uranuim digging
you are an anti-matter digger
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by obinnazy(m): 10:44pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

What should I do?

Madam, what are you doing in a relationship when you don't have a job
Ladies don't Date jobless guys, why do we still have guys who date jobless ladies??
Take your eyes off his money., if he goes broke today, you will JAPA
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by shantti(m): 10:45pm On Jan 12, 2023
shantti:

op discard this comment pls
after reading further, i discovered that your greed pass both gold digging and uranuim digging
you are an anti-matter digger

op discard this comment too, i made a mistake, u r worse that an anti-matter digger
in fact you are a black hole digger
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Powersurge: 10:45pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

What should I do?

I can see that some people are insulting you.

Though your request was somewhat awkward, I feel it's coming from a sincere heart.

Don't pressure him. If you are truly sincere, time tell. But have to show reasons why he should.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by mechanics(m): 10:46pm On Jan 12, 2023
FalseProphet1:
He should save in your bank, I don't understand did he tell you his bank has problem or he doesn't know how to save money. Madam keep your eyes out of his money and focus on your education if not, no guy would take you serious.

This I have seen.
That's true, I even thought she's working in a bank and she wants him to open account in her bank.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Mamaafrik1(m): 10:47pm On Jan 12, 2023
rickpat:
since you have discussed it with him,just chill..if he is someone not serious about his finances and he is not ready to adjust,you can break up.. financial stability is very important in marriage..if he keeps messing up his finances,you should have a rethink about the relationship
she is not working, she is now suggesting him saving inside her account, what happened to piggyvest ,Cooperative.
The babe has ulterior motive
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by mechanics(m): 10:47pm On Jan 12, 2023
You want him to save in your bank account so if any issue, you will jappa with his money abi, you are really funny o, no sensible man will do that.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Dybala11(m): 10:48pm On Jan 12, 2023
ibechris:

U have not seen bullet babe.

Be cooling down...if u see real bullet u won't say this.
No Nigerian man can take any bullet for any woman except accidental discharge.

Just be calming down ok.
Don't say that o bro, I've heard of a case in which some armed robbers attacked a newly wedded couple on their way to honeymoon. The criminals shot and killed the man cos he was obstructing their access to his car, initially the wife was said to have complied but once they shot her husband she went haywire and they had to shoot her too to escape from the scene. Unfortunately, the newly wedded died on the scene.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by omonnakoda: 10:50pm On Jan 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Another person, one who is not your child, isn't a dog that you are meant to train to suit you. lipsrsealed

2. Your OP suggests otherwise as instead her intention is to further the idea of a future she intends for herself using his resources. lipsrsealed

3. Again, you are not meant to change the person you are dating. Dating is meant to give you an opportunity to grow to know and possibly learn how to accommodate that person as is. The moment you begin to believe it is your place to change the person you are dating, you go from dating to being a lover to being a master over such a person and the outcome isn't always as pleasing as many like to pretend it can be. undecided
4. No jumping to conclusions here. Just expressing how appalled I am by the fact that in the year 2023, we still have women who can't seem to define their future independent of that of a boyfriend. undecided
She has attachment/abandonment anxiety which she manages with control freakery
I suspect she has weak bonding with parents
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Juliearth(f): 10:51pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

What should I do?

Babe, aren't you doing too much? I know you have the best intentions at heart, but an average Nigerian man would misinterprete this request of yours for collateral damage/tying him down and so on.

I think you can advise him to save/invest his resources, however, not in your account. Moreover, don't push it too much.

All the best!
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by PotatoSalad(m): 10:52pm On Jan 12, 2023
BigYash:
Its either she is planning to steal from the guy or she wants to be using the savings as blackmail on him later.. I had a neighbor in Ogun state around 2016 or so..

Dude was saving in his evening newspaper ,so called wife to be account. If he wants to take from it,the girl must know why,and might even give him below what he requested. Lol. One day he caught the girl cheating. Dude almost died,lol.

He was on infusion for days,cux he was no longer eating and talking . If I just go check on the mugu to say sorry,if I reach inside room,laugh go wan injure me, Lol .

Some boys mumu sha.. And there was no way the boy could leave,cux the lady has all his life savings.. Na wetin op dey plan be this,but God no go let am work for her.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Mercury12(m): 10:52pm On Jan 12, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Pigyvest nko?!

Corporative Society nko?!

Women!!! Too much wayo..

But why ain't Nigerian girls into Yahoo... They have nice formats

Nawa o. I just weak grin
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Juliearth(f): 10:53pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

So that one person has to be you? Do you know what that means?? Invariably, you are calling your man financially Incapable and immature.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by enigma1990: 10:54pm On Jan 12, 2023
Trouble sleep yanga go wake am, you see the kind response or na comments or advice I go call am,you self see the kind Post wey you dey seek advice for.SMH
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by TUBLEZ(m): 10:55pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

What should I do?

lol, I even thought u r working in a bank and u need him as one of ur customers grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by rickleye: 10:56pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

What should I do?

Hold Press !! Save in your bank or Bank Account
Why should I save my money in your bank account ?

Dear - Its a red flag if the dude cant save money. If he gets mad when you bring up Money is another red flag.
Seriously reconsider your future with him.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by zedegit: 10:57pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

Who taught you this? You should focus on making your own money. If you feel he's not serious, quit.

You won't even advise your own brother to save his money in a jobless girlfriend's account.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by cliqtips: 10:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

What should I do?

Although, you have good intentions but tell him to get a piggyvest account and take a plan that'll allow them to remove that amount every month from his account and he should also lock it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

What Do Girls Mean By Gist Me? / 5 Things That Usually Happens After Valentines Day / My Ex Asks Me To Refund The 'N73k' She Spent On Me Or... Pls Advise Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.