Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? (35164 Views)

How Do I Convince My Boyfriend That I Was Only Trying To Protect Him? / What Can I Convince My Woman Who Is A Virgin That Sex Is Sweet And Not Painful / Lady Surprises Her Boyfriend To Mark Their 1st Anniversary (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by ak22(m): 9:25am On Jan 13, 2023
Banilla:
Mods, take this to the front page. Thank you.

Hi everyone! I have a boyfriend, we've been together for a year. I absolutely love him, he's my whole world! And that's the reason I'm pressuring him to save, if we're going to have a future together. And he's down for it, he makes nothing less than 200k monthly. I'm still a student, searching for a decent job. I can't invest sh** presently but I hope to start soon. Yesterday, I brought it up. I want him to send money monthly to my bank account, no matter how little. I'll save it for him. He's hesitating. He said I should be patient, he'll give me everything I need but he wants more time. I don't want to ruin our relationship but I need his co-operation. I'm scared he might leave me, after I've given him the best years of my life. I subtly threatened him that my family would force me to marry a Nigerian but he made a joke out of it, saying I would never, that I'm his... embarassed

What should I do?

NB: I've never taken a dime from him. He drinks often and I don't want him spending 'our future' on alcohol! I'm way better at saving.

I'm worried if I press the subject, he'll get mad at me.

I also told him I want to leave Nigeria, he thinks it's a good idea and I also told him I can't afford it alone. He said he needs time.

Doesn't he love me? Should I let it go? Or insist we resolve this?

if you try this with me, you are already gone

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by ChronicGp(m): 9:25am On Jan 13, 2023
That Chinese man's case should have taught you girls a lesson by now.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by NEUDUDE: 9:26am On Jan 13, 2023
Banilla:
grin

No one is perfect. You've subtly threatened someone. I just needed to emphasize the need to settle down.

Women and settle down. Abeg free somebody son jare lol. Na by force. Which kind uneccessary mandatory prison be this kwanu angry grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by shams040(m): 9:28am On Jan 13, 2023
All them gen Z with the m..u..mu thinking ehn. You don't want him to spend your future but save with you as per wat? And you still want japa
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by zelnababa(m): 9:29am On Jan 13, 2023
if you dey broke or any of your family get small issue, you no go withdraw?
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Kutunban: 9:34am On Jan 13, 2023
Banilla:
I'm not spending his money! Read the post. One of us has to hold it. We can't open a joint account, too far away to do so.

So what matters is who. And I'm better suited

Because you are "Enilocan". Your kind of statement was what Tinubu told southeast people in Enugu.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by quinox947: 9:35am On Jan 13, 2023
Dreadlock69:
Your plan will not work , you want to carry someone money and run away
The heart of men is desperately wicked.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by mechanics(m): 9:38am On Jan 13, 2023
i926:

Many guys do it, I know a girl that the boyfriend transfers money for her to save in her own account.

To shock you more, it is like my own blood brother is doing the same thing.

hmmmm, I won't do it, it's risky when one is not even married yet.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by BalticGold: 10:09am On Jan 13, 2023
Na witchcraft be this.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by samwillyco1(m): 10:18am On Jan 13, 2023
Banilla:
I have showed that my heart is clean. That's enough

Please telling him to save in your personal account is WRONG. Please tell him to open a separate account apart from his main account, tell him to invest in a landed property (ies), in that way he will take you serious.

Finally, telling him to save in your personal account is not all that bad if you have good intentions, but we are all human what if you decide to leave him tomorrow, will you give him his money in peace.

What about DEATH , how will he gets his money if you DIE tomorrow ? He will then be crying for two things your loss and his money.

Answer this, will you ever advise or allow your BROTHER to save in his girlfriend account. Think before you ruin your so called beautiful relationship.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by kalmebad(f): 10:19am On Jan 13, 2023
[quote author=Banilla post=119963796]Mods, take this to the front page. Thank you.

Hi everyone! I have a boyfriend, we've been together for a year. I absolutely love him, he's my whole world! And that's the reason I'm pressuring him to save, if we're going to have a future together. And he's down for it, he makes nothing less than 200k monthly. I'm still a student, searching for a decent job. I can't invest sh** presently but I hope to start soon. Yesterday, I brought it up. I want him to send money monthly to my bank account, no matter how little. I'll save it for him. He's hesitating. He said I should be patient, he'll give me everything I need but he wants more time. I don't want to ruin our relationship but I need his co-operation. I'm scared he might leave me, after I've given him the best years of my life. I subtly threatened him that my family would force me to marry a Nigerian but he made a joke out of it, saying I would never, that I'm his... embarassed

What should I do?

NB: I've never taken a dime from him. He drinks often and I don't want him spending 'our future' on alcohol! I'm way better at saving.

I'm worried if I press the subject, he'll get mad at me.

I also told him I want to leave Nigeria, he thinks it's a good idea and I also told him I can't afford it alone. He said he needs time.

Doesn't he love me? Should I let it go? Or insist we resolve

My dear...what you r asking is a hard one even though your intention seems pure. No one would ever want to do that...remember it's only a relationship yet.... The good thing to do is to keep encouraging him to save..I understand for someone who is a drunk...there is possibility to spend more on alcohol. Keep talking to him..hopefully he changes..and if he doesn't...I wouldn't want to settle with a drunk...d consequences r high. Sometimes we truly don't understand what love is. Best of luck
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by folks4luv(f): 10:23am On Jan 13, 2023
Banilla:
Hm. So I'm wrong? Should I apologize to him? I just want to be certain he's serious. I guess I can't pressure him, right?

What's your advice? embarassed
Asking him to save in your own account makes you look suspicious. If you are serious about helping him save, find options that will put him in control while you monitor and encourage him. Apps like piggyvest can help.
I'm a woman, yet, i won't wholly trust a man that's asking me to save money in his own account.
So yes, apologise or recant, then give him other options to help him save
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by SPAMBOX7: 10:23am On Jan 13, 2023
FalseProphet1:
He should save in your bank, I don't understand did he tell you his bank has problem or he doesn't know how to save money. Madam keep your eyes out of his money and focus on your education if not, no guy would take you serious.

This I have seen.
This man dey see everything grin
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by jimter44(m): 10:29am On Jan 13, 2023
Your advice for the guy to open a saving account is very good. However, the question is: why must he save in.your personal account? It may look suspicious as you are asking the guy to save in your account. Encourage the guy to open a saving account and save for your future. It seems the guy is a non-Nigerian. Just be careful, before he throws you out.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by SPAMBOX7: 10:30am On Jan 13, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Pigyvest nko?!

Corporative Society nko?!

Women!!! Too much wayo..

But why ain't Nigerian girls into Yahoo... They have nice formats

Omo them plenty for lekki die
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by bluefilm: 10:43am On Jan 13, 2023
FalseProphet1:
He should save in your bank, I don't understand did he tell you his bank has problem or he doesn't know how to save money. Madam keep your eyes out of his money and focus on your education if not, no guy would take you serious.

This I have seen.

Don't mind her.

She cannot make her own money and manage it.

But she thinks she is so good in managing another person's money just because she thinks they are in a relationship.

AUNTY what if tomorrow, the relationship is no longer existing, what becomes of his money in your 'bank'?

Will you send it back to him or will you take possession of it as your compensation benefits?

I don't just know why some people can be so stupid. sad
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Exceed15: 10:44am On Jan 13, 2023
Trust me, your guy knows what he is doing. Just be sure of his future plan with you. Do not present such matter . Don't do it.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by bluefilm: 10:46am On Jan 13, 2023
jimter44:
Your advice for the guy to open a saving account is very good. However, the question is: why must he save in.your personal account? It may look suspicious as you are asking the guy to save in your account. Encourage the guy to open a saving account and save for your future. It seems the guy is a non-Nigerian. Just be careful, before he throws you out.

I guess the said boyfriend might be a SIMP since he hasn't broken up with her already for having such a criminal and wicked thought.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by papaa4: 10:48am On Jan 13, 2023
Best thing to do is tell him truth about all things, if he not saving person tell him to open another account make him be putting 5k or more every month. Dat he make use it 4 future
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by segcelona1: 10:54am On Jan 13, 2023
If your brother is saving in his girlfriend account, which advise will you give him.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Codes151(m): 11:14am On Jan 13, 2023
ironkurtain:

Okay, but I would like u to stand in front of me and say what you just said above, and let me see if you will be able to pronounce "Shi shi" again while shitting that rotten teeth of yours for days. Yeye "less than a madman's pubic hair" human being like you. Anyway I only pity your papa for wasting money on person with brain wey dey develop in reverse.
you still no they read.
Ur comment is clearly a case of a child looking to bark. I will ask you that anyway any time...if you open your gutter To make useless comments..

You Dey behind android think say you mature pass anyone!!
You must really think you can confront me blindly... you must b too dumb like I tot. I don't pity your papa, I know he's irresponsible, na your mama for being too naive and blind to not see the hazard and mitigate the riffraff she was bringing in.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Blingchic(f): 11:14am On Jan 13, 2023
You’re seeing the red flags but it’s looking like a carnival better borrow yourself sense and walk away. A man who cannot live up to his promises is just an empty vessel making a lot of noise. If you love plan and structure better leave him alone and focus on your future. By leave him I mean leave that relationship otherwise you will regret it

Banilla:
I suppose. We weren't born rich, so I absolutely want us to live better. When I had a job, I saved but I don't think he did. And it's frustrating. He talks alot about the future but all this time, we haven't really started working towards achieving any of our goals, atleast I'm trying despite living in the poorest country. He's doing better, so I expect some effort but I'm getting nothing.

I'll encourage him to save, I did when he first got the job, five months after we started dating. I know he'll quit again, he keeps doing it. All I need is stability.

Or I should just risk it? Stop planning, depend on fate? Trust him to make the best decision for us both?
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by finishmatter: 11:31am On Jan 13, 2023
Banilla:
I'm not spending his money! Read the post. One of us has to hold it. We can't open a joint account, too far away to do so.

Thief
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by bassdow: 12:07pm On Jan 13, 2023
Kavod:

DONT WORRY WE HAVE SAVED A PAGE IN THE FUTURE FOR YOU..
TOPIC...
1.MY WIFE OF SIX YEARS ABSCONDED WITH OUR SAVINGS.
2. WOMEN ARE EVIL, IMAGINE WHAT MY WIFE DID TO ME.
3. WOMEN ARE WICKED, MY WIFE OF 10 YEARS TRAVELLED OUT WITH OUR MONEY TO MEET A FOREIGN LOVER.

ETC ETC

Hahaha Just so funny.

Issue is, even God can't ask Me to Save in His mighty Holy Bank account, let alone a Human Being. Not even person wey born me sef. I can't even do ordinary Daily contribution (aka Ajor) because me no wan hear say Person wey dey collect Money die, or get accident.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Joe4real1988(m): 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2023
Dimples2022:

LOL! Broke speech! Forever blame men who do better than you! Broke and broken people we don hear you but matters are still real and they cost dollars! You get dollars? I didn’t think so!
Fuc:king leech. The subject of disco here is what u are bringing to the table, and not shouting never settle for the less up and down undecided.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by damoceile: 12:27pm On Jan 13, 2023
Can you allow your brother to safe his hard earned money in his girlfriend's account?

Face your studies and take eyes off your boyfriend's money Ole olojukokoro
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Mrkindness: 12:52pm On Jan 13, 2023
Banilla:
You don't know me! I love him. Why would I betray him? I'll take a bullet for him if I have to. He wants to marry me! The joint account is to save for us both. That's why Nigerians are where they are, we are planning long term. You can't build a future on love alone. I'm being reasonable.
aunty keep quiet how much will you be contributing into the joint account ?
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by sharone21(f): 1:40pm On Jan 13, 2023
sageb:

If it is an Ika girl, she will carry the money and buy bike(motorcycle) before any other acquisition.
Ika girls and bike is like 5 and 6.

Lol.... Then na for Delta she go ride am not Lagos.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by AutoshalomUSA: 1:46pm On Jan 13, 2023
There is NO one of us NOW . Like you said he is your boyfriend and not your Husband .

Alloy the guy to enjoy some of his hardwork . What have you done to support him save money other than asking him to send you the money ? This kian format sef !!!!!!

My dear young sister , focus on your education, equip yourself . Gain some hard skills learn a trade as you are goin to school . You will stop thinking of his money and think of your own life for you .

Guys becareful with our young Gen Z lovers . They don’t really seem to understand how real life works in a normal society . Nigeria has distorted so many peoples perspectives and narratives, and thoughts . Chai .

Banilla:

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by AutoshalomUSA: 1:52pm On Jan 13, 2023
Nwanne eh , Our girls would’ve have been leading globally on all levels of fraud . Because they do it naturally everyday to their men , fathers , brothers , friends and followers . Women don’t have conscience when it comes to evil deeds .

On the other hand , I am very glad our girls decided to do the local yahoo to guys . Otherwise we no go see decent girls around again , nah to pack go Ghana or Tanzania be that .

Lol
Moh247:
cool

Pigyvest nko?!

Corporative Society nko?!

Women!!! Too much wayo..

But why ain't Nigerian girls into Yahoo... They have nice formats

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by ironkurtain(m): 2:11pm On Jan 13, 2023
Codes151:
you still no they read.
Ur comment is clearly a case of a child looking to bark. I will ask you that anyway any time...if you open your gutter To make useless comments..

You Dey behind android think say you mature pass anyone!!
You must really think you can confront me blindly... you must b too dumb like I tot. I don't pity your papa, I know he's irresponsible, na your mama for being too naive and blind to not see the hazard and mitigate the riffraff she was bringing in.

I'm sorry please can you translate it to English cos I don't speak gay-nese language. And tell your lover to remove his C@CK from your mouth when you want to speak. And tell your mom I said hello to her. Children of nowadays, well, thank God she swallowed cos I would have been having a high blood pressure thinking that it might probably be my son that is yarning all these dust. sad sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

A Response To "Don't Marry A Person Who Cannot Satisfy You Sexually" / We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church / Amazing Nigerian Couple Recreate F.R.I.E.N.D.S Photoshoot For Their Pre-wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.