Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” (41775 Views)

Mercy Johnson: I Don't Play Nude, Romantic Scenes In Movies Any More / Mercy Johnson: I Stopped Playing Romantic Roles, My Husband Doesn't Like Them / Mercy Johnson: I Will Still Celebrate 10 Years With My Sexy Odi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by ExclusiveBet: 1:03pm On Jan 13, 2023
Nollywood actress, Mercy Johnson-Okojie, has opened up about a cancer scare that made her doctors place her on medication for the rest of her life.

She made the revelation while hosting veteran actress Joke Silva on her cooking show, Mercy’s Menu, published on Thursday.

The actress also revealed that she had surgery where her thyroid – a gland in the throat – was removed and she was placed on strict medication for life.

The actress narrated how she and her husband, Odi Okojie, managed the situation at that time.

Mercy said, “I’ve never discussed it where I had a cancer scare and I had my thyroid removed. It was like a journey for us. We had kids and my last was six months at that time.

"We kept saying that we have to understand that, ‘this is the new us. Let’s go get the surgery done’. And when we go there, they said I was going to be on medication for the rest of my life.

“It was a reality that we had to sit down. Them giving me a time that ‘you cannot miss my medication. As you wake up, that’s the first thing’, and telling me all of the side effects.”

Silva had earlier told Okojie about how she was able to manage the dementia diagnosis of her husband, veteran actor Olu Jacobs.

According to Silva, accepting her husband’s new reality helped her to manage the situation better.

https://punchng.com/mercy-johnson-opens-up-about-cancer-scare-life-long-medication/?amp

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by Princessogaraya(f): 1:17pm On Jan 13, 2023
May God heal her... Amen

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by ZINNYBANKS: 1:33pm On Jan 13, 2023
Too many problems ..

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by Pierocash(m): 1:46pm On Jan 13, 2023
ZINNYBANKS:
I hate this world . but maybe there can be peace on the other side..
then kill yourself and join the other side,so you can have peace

36 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by ZINNYBANKS: 1:47pm On Jan 13, 2023
Pierocash:
then kill yourself and join the other side,so you can have peace
Seun needs to do something about these yabaleft escapees. undecided

180 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by Righteousness2(m): 2:07pm On Jan 13, 2023
If Nigeria and Nigerians had a knowledge of what GOD ALMIGHTY has Deposited on Earth via our nation via THE LORD'S CHOSEN CHARISMATIC REVIVAL MINISTRY, many will not die the way they died or keep living in pains of terminal diseases.

I am not talking about being of this Church or of that church neither am I bragging.

GOD has given NIGERIA something very Rare. GOD has given us the Highest Anoiting on Planet Earth. Unfortunately many choose to waste money traveling up and down with no solution. Others look down on the Solution to their problems and so they keep suffering in silence.

Go to the LORD'S CHOSEN and get your Freedom for Free.
WHAT GOD ALMIGHTY is doing with THE LORD'S CHOSEN has not been witnessed anywhere on Earth .

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 13, 2023
Stay strong Johnson

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by CaptMarvel(m): 3:42pm On Jan 13, 2023
Your Healing is Permanent dear.

11 Likes

Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by Emmanuel909090: 7:50pm On Jan 13, 2023
Oh, Mercy, you are healed

4 Likes

Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by LOVEGINO(m): 8:19pm On Jan 13, 2023
ZINNYBANKS:
seconded. Try something new my guy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by Truvelisback(m): 8:58pm On Jan 13, 2023
ZINNYBANKS:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by Nicepoker(m): 9:56pm On Jan 13, 2023
ZINNYBANKS:
This Monika was banned for 19 years. What are you still doing on earth.

3 Likes

Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by ZINNYBANKS: 9:58pm On Jan 13, 2023
Nicepoker:
This Monika was banned for 19 years. What are you still doing on earth.
Ur mum plead on my behalf ...

1 Like

Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by Nicepoker(m): 10:02pm On Jan 13, 2023
ZINNYBANKS:

Ur mum plead on my behalf ...
small boy hope you don chop full.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by ZINNYBANKS: 10:03pm On Jan 13, 2023
Nicepoker:
small boy hope you don chop full.
Yeah I chop full ur mom prepared it very delicious.

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by Nicepoker(m): 10:07pm On Jan 13, 2023
ZINNYBANKS:

Yeah I chop full ur mom prepared it very delicious.
Enjoy while it lasts

1 Like

Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by poshestmina(f): 2:18am On Jan 14, 2023
If people's problems are written on their foreheads , you'll be grateful for your self .

God's healing smiley.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by bigdammyj: 8:59am On Jan 14, 2023
Sorry bout that.
Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:59am On Jan 14, 2023
Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by Sirlins(m): 8:59am On Jan 14, 2023
Eyaaa our own Mercy .........don't support Tinubu you said No. Miracle will happen inshallah

1 Like

Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by Hendrixky: 8:59am On Jan 14, 2023
Dooh
Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by Robenna(m): 9:00am On Jan 14, 2023
ZINNYBANKS:

Swrz

1 Like

Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by maureensylvia(f): 9:00am On Jan 14, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by buygala(m): 9:00am On Jan 14, 2023
Omo shocked.. The dear woman has been going through a lot lipsrsealed

I wish her permanent healing.. Cancer of any kind is no joke
Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by httops: 9:01am On Jan 14, 2023
Please Vote for PETER OBI for a better Nigeria

God bless you

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by victorazy(m): 9:01am On Jan 14, 2023
Your wahala
Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by TheChameleon: 9:01am On Jan 14, 2023
She's lucky that massive weight gain didn't come.

A lot blame weight gain on loss of thyroid.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by zajokked: 9:02am On Jan 14, 2023
If The Candidate you Support to be President Of Nigeria Licked a Microphone because He was told to “Taste” the Mic. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF.

7 Likes

Re: Mercy Johnson: “I Had My Thyroid Removed, I Was Placed On Medication For Life” by IMASTEX: 9:02am On Jan 14, 2023
Hmmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mercy Aigbe Gorgeous In Ankara Outfit / Ubi Franklin And Davido Hang Out In Houston / Mr Latin Gets A Car Gift From His Wife, Ronke Solola Amusan On His Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.