Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials (25450 Views)

UK Immigrations Detain Obi At London Airport, Alleged Impersonation / Peter Obi At MKO Abiola's Residence In Ikeja For The June 12 Event / Disquiet In National Assembly As Clerk, Senior Officials Move To Extend Stay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by PrinceOfLagos: 4:29pm On Jan 17, 2023
His Excellency and next President of Nigeria Mr Peter OMOWALE Gregory Obi, the presidential flag bearer of the Labour Party was at London stock exchange, met with senior officials .

Mr Obi is his official tweet wrote
"I briefly dropped by at the London stock exchange , I had exchange of views with senior officials towards a strategic financial alliance with the Exchange. We continue to think of Nigeria's short, medium and long national interest goals".

Mr Peter Obi is scheduled to holed his Presidential campaign rally in Kaduna in less than 24hrs.

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1615342567251378178?t=DEnsIZOdYRhghnIWCtXCXw&s=19

145 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 17, 2023
Obi the traveler AKA Ajayi Crowther

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by PrinceOfLagos: 4:30pm On Jan 17, 2023
God bless his Excellency and next President of Nigeria Mr Peter OMOWALE Gregory Obi

I see light at the end of the tunnel for this great country under the able leadership of Mr Peter Obi.

403 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by gozmok1(m): 4:31pm On Jan 17, 2023
PETER OBI always talks about Economy, Education, Infrastructure, etc..cool

While dis Clownish Tinubu is always about Obasanjo, Atiku, Peter Obi, etc..and will NOT tell us how he intends of Clear the Damages done by his USELESS party, APC.

Honestly, Between Tinubu and his Supporters, I Nor know who Yeye Pass.

452 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by kettykin: 4:32pm On Jan 17, 2023
I am really awed by Peter Obi, Igbos really have it .

232 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by PrinceOfLagos: 4:33pm On Jan 17, 2023
kettykin:
I am really awed by Peter Obi, Igbos really have it .
Good product sells itself

285 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by BigSarah(f): 4:34pm On Jan 17, 2023
His regular home, even if he meets the king of England I won't rate it, he's not a new Comer.

Vote Atiku say no to rookies and drug barons

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by ThoughtOfYou: 4:36pm On Jan 17, 2023
Obi

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by Urheadmaster(m): 4:39pm On Jan 17, 2023
Better than buhari who's holding the current Guinness book of world records on global tours tongue.

peepydelano:
Obi the traveler

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by Racoon(m): 4:42pm On Jan 17, 2023
Person who sabi how both micro & macro-economics work effectively is here already. Go for him. Unlike a heroine-drug running baron who called himself a first class account graduate with different variants of certificate who hates statistics because he only believes in instituting an empire of agberoes and other anti-social elements.

Ayodeoba:
if person attack you now, you go talk say na all igbos dem Dey attack, na una Dey first throw punch but when hand touch una well, una go burst cry
Why not allow the balabloo-blu-bulava heroine-drug addict to respond first? Why are you speaking for him when I didn't mentioned you? Did you recalled when Remi Tinubu said Igbos should leave Lagos, Oba of Lagos threatened to drown Igbos in the Lagos? When Tinubu said it is a disgrace to mention Funke Akindele and Peter Obi name in his presence?

116 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by RevolverOcelot(m): 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2023
I'm not Igbo but I'm fully behind this great man, Obi!

164 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by socialmediaman: 4:46pm On Jan 17, 2023
Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by MrEverest(m): 4:46pm On Jan 17, 2023
Posterity will always remember your sacrifices, Peter Obi, GCFR.

Even as a young and healthy man, I can't imagine myself working round the clock like Peter Obi.

God bless you more and more Sir!

113 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by OgaTheTop2: 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2023
Peter Obi, our incoming president.. Urchins and haters should get used to having this amicable man as 'our' incoming president..

No same man would ever want to vote for a druggie blablublu ranter, unless na urchins cheesy

74 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by ERockson: 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2023
Mumu man, Your contenders are visiting States, mobilizing, campaigning, you are decieving yourself abroad. Obi should come and face the reality in Nigeria

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by owiko(m): 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2023
T
Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by atobs4real(m): 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2023
GOOD ONE. KEEP IT UP. WE WILL WORK TOGETHER WHEN BAT WINS

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by christejames(m): 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2023
With ObiDatti Nigeria will be great again cool

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by abobote: 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2023
Very presidential as always

11 Likes

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by MrEverest(m): 4:50pm On Jan 17, 2023
RevolverOcelot:
I'm not Igbo but I'm fully behind this great man, Obi!

You don't need to belong to his ethnic group to support him. Peter Obi is the best candidate Nigeria needs now to salvage itself from total destruction.

Any good Nigerian will want him to win.

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:50pm On Jan 17, 2023
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by herkeem: 4:50pm On Jan 17, 2023
Jjj
Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by Image123(m): 4:50pm On Jan 17, 2023
Get the votes not the meaningless pictures.
This guy went to Egypt to study electricity only to go to Chatham house to tell us about Buhari's done deal with Siemens as his plan.
A man without a plan.

Just like today, Obi gave a lot of utopia promises and we will do it statements to Anambra but failed significantly.

Here was a January 2010 analysis of Obi's first term. Second term was worse BTW.

[url=https://saharareporters.com/2010/01/25/analysis-governor-peter-obi%E2%80%99s-blueprint]An Analysis of Governor Peter Obi’s Blueprint[/url]

Just after assuming office in March 2006, Governor Obi in April of the same year announced his economic and developmental blue print for Anambra state. Details of this blueprint were published and announced nationally in both the electronic and print media. Highlights of this blueprint as published on-line by This Day newspaper of Tuesday, May 02, 2006 are presented below: -
• Massive improvement in the states Internally Generated Revenue (IGR).
• Restoring quality and functional education across board.
Institution of overseas scholarship for indigenes of the state to study Medicine, Engineering and Financial Management.
• Recruitment of Chinese farmers (within 3 months from April 2006) to kick-start the state’s cassava revolution.

• Massive construction of roads across the state.
• Construction of boreholes in 44 selected towns yearly from May 2006.
• Rehabilitation of water schemes in Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi.
• Massive clean up, reconstruction and urbanisation of Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi via the establishment of Urban Development Councils (UDC).
Establishment of 20 industries before March 2010.
• Reconstruction of all buildings and infrastructure damaged by the Andy Uba sponsored November 10-12, 2004 mayhem by May 2007.

articleadslinks

There were mixed feelings across board as to how this blueprint will impact on the development of the state and its effect on the indigenes. Some school of thought saw the blueprint as the catalyst the state needed to move forward but some more enlightened school of thought saw the document for what it was: A low-level piece of document put together by amateurs and not worth the paper it was written on. The later, I belonged to and infact published an article in This Day newspaper of May, 2006 and online in nigeriaworld.com describing the blueprint as a document borne out of “Analogue thought process in a digital age”. Time has proven me right.

Governor Obi has been in office for over forty months now and it is high time to score him using his blueprint as an index to do just that. He developed the blueprint I must emphasize. It is his own document and not an inherited piece.

Within one month in office without recourse to verifiable facts, data and other matrices, Governor Obi’s boast: “To improve the revenue of his government via massive improvement in Internally Generated Revenue (IGR)” is a massive flop as evidenced by the states over dependence on federal allocation. Again no publication anywhere to date has shown any increase in IGR. A visit to the states slapdash website under the caption “Summary of Achievements” attests to this fact.

Rudimentary trading and not sound education has been Governor Obi’s stock in trade so his swank on: “Restoring quality and functional education across board” was a mere paper exercise for a visit to his old school, Christ the King College (CKC), Onitsha and other schools in the state such as Boys High School, Nnobi, Community Secondary School, Obosi, Girls Secondary School, Ukpor to name a few, show a failed education system in Anambra state.

The Anambra State University of Science and Technology, Uli is a laughing stock to say the least. The vice chancellor was in the news some months ago pleading for money to buy a generator; to provide electricity for a university of science and technology. How can science and technology be taught without electricity? Yet Governor Obi’s administration is spending millions of naira building sports complexes, stock exchange buildings and other white elephants. Nwafor Orizu College of Education, Nsugbe is not even accessible by road, more especially during the raining season. But most importantly, Governor Obi during his campaign, vowed to educate his children in the state should he be voted to power: to show his commitment in restoring quality and functional education. The education that is good for his children. Today his children are been educated in the UK whilst ‘other people’s children’ are being educated in his failed schools, what hypocrisy?

Another swank of Governor Obi in that blueprint of his was: Institution of overseas scholarship for indigenes of the state to study medicine, engineering and financial management and recruitment of Chinese farmers (within 3 months from April 2006) to kick-start the state’s cassava revolution. To date no indigene of the state has been awarded the said scholarship and there are no Chinese farmers anywhere in Anambra state kick starting his cassava revolution. The only Chinese in the state are his fellow traders found in Onitsha main market and Nkwo Nnewi trading in contrabands and fake products imported from China and to the detriment of sustainable employment by the indigenes of the state due to lack suitable industries to employ them.

Governor Obi’s promise in his blueprint: “To provide indigenes of the state portable drinking water this 21st Century” via construction of bore holes in 44 towns across the state yearly and rehabilitation of water schemes in Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi are in shambles. He has failed woefully to deliver on this promise. Taps in Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi are still dry, whilst the promised bore holes that should have been sunk in all the towns by now are nowhere to be found. Again readers are invited to visit the states website under Projects to verify this fact besides the situation on the ground. My hometown, Ukpor, a local government headquarters cannot boast of any Governor Obi sunk borehole despite huge amount of federal revenue allocated to the local government that Governor Obi has failed to account for despite repeated calls by my people. Democracy indeed.

He has reneged on his pledge in the said blueprint: “To clean up, reconstruct and urbanise Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi via establishment of Urban Development Councils (UDC).” Firstly the UDC’s has not been established and secondly the principal towns of Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi remain an eyesore. Infact Onitsha is in a position to vie for the dirtiest and most disorganised town in Nigeria whilst Awka remains the most under developed state capital in Nigeria. Nnewi fares no better – please visit Bank Road, Nnewi amongst other roads in the town.

In the said blueprint, Governor Obi promised to: “Ensure the establishment of twenty industries before March 2010. This is one of the reasons that in my rejoinder to his blueprint, I described the contents of the blueprint as “Borne out of analogue reasoning in a digital age.” For this pledge is impossible. To date he has not established a single industry and March 2010 is around the corner.

The buildings and infrastructure destroyed by the Andy Uba sponsored November 10-12, 2004 mayhem that Governor Obi promised to reconstruct by May 2007 are still as they are: destroyed.

From the above analysis of Governor Obi’s blueprint, it is quite obvious that his government has failed irrespective of the rhetoric’s his PR machinery spews out daily. The situation on the ground speaks for itself. His, is a failed government, period. The indigenes of Anambra state deserve better come the next four years. That better is not Governor Peter Obi.

Add more on the thread
https://www.nairaland.com/7528992/it-not-same-obi-now

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by NaijaCover(m): 4:50pm On Jan 17, 2023
Money Is Really Good
Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by FalseProphet1(m): 4:50pm On Jan 17, 2023
Our incoming president.

This I have seen.

14 Likes

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by Aify147(m): 4:50pm On Jan 17, 2023
The next Nigerian president after Buhari. Know this and know peace. Urchins, avoid this thread

12 Likes

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by Sabadon(m): 4:50pm On Jan 17, 2023
cool

Senior man see as obi look so presidential with his vice, not like the other....

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by Mindlog: 4:51pm On Jan 17, 2023
peepydelano:
Obi the traveler

He has the fitness. cheesy cool

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by Tareq1105: 4:51pm On Jan 17, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
God bless his Excellency and next President of Nigeria Mr Peter OMOWALE Gregory Obi

I see light at the end of the tunnel for this great country under the able leadership of Mr Peter Obi.

Buhari ovation was louder than this and at the end na disappointment so I'm not persuaded.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi At London Stock Exchange, Meets Senior Officials by Guyman01: 4:51pm On Jan 17, 2023
Expect him in Kaduna tomorrow, his energy levels are very high

19 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training / FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn / Election Sequence: Names Of Pro-Buhari Senators Unveiled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.