Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations (27880 Views)

Please I Need Help In Balancing These Equations / How To Solve Any Quadratic Equation Using The "Almighty" Formula / Please Help Solve This Quadratic Equations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by BABAawoo47: 12:19pm On Jan 21, 2023
michlins:
Omo

Smart people full nairaland
quadratic equation is pretty basic...It definitely doesn't qualifies you as smart.
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Ruthless70: 12:20pm On Jan 21, 2023
kingscare1:
X + X = ex or aids....
Write it down that's the right answer, forget those ones up there. I'm a professional maths lecturer, with PHD in maths and stats.

PHD IN MATHS N STATISTICS...
HOW U DEY COME SLEEP,
I GAT 2 DEGREES, IN PSY
SOMETIMES THEORIES NO DEY LET ME SLEEP.

1 Like

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by BABAawoo47: 12:20pm On Jan 21, 2023
sqlPAIN:
The first one has to be solved with the quadratic formula, I know how to solve it with other methods but when I use quadratic, I keep getting wrong answers.....

The second one has to be solved with completing the square method..

formula was derived from completing the square... Just that the coefficients replaced with a,b,c
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by dvkot(m): 12:20pm On Jan 21, 2023
sqlPAIN:
The first one has to be solved with the quadratic formula, I know how to solve it with other methods but when I use quadratic, I keep getting wrong answers.....

x = (-b ± √(b² - 4ac)) / 2a

x = (-2 ± √(2² - 4(1)(-8 ))) / 2(1)
x = (-2 ± √(4 + 32)) / 2
x = (-2 ± √(36)) / 2
x = (-2 ± 6) / 2

So the solutions are:
x = (-2 + 6) / 2 = 2/2 = 1
x = (-2 - 6) / 2 = -8/2 = -4

Therefore, the solutions to the equation x² + 2x - 8 = 0 are x = 1 and x = -4.
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Realist777: 12:22pm On Jan 21, 2023
michlins:
Omo

Smart people full nairaland
Big time!
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by israelmao(m): 12:28pm On Jan 21, 2023
Engage a professional teacher. smileyEngage a professional teacher.
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Bam17(f): 12:29pm On Jan 21, 2023
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Hatrick01: 12:29pm On Jan 21, 2023
PellsKodaK, silentgroper, orgasmgiver123, Chaos14 Left The Group Chat

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Goddyrichie(m): 12:30pm On Jan 21, 2023
christejames:
People wey get maths brain full ground ooo grin grin

Whenever I see numbers in combination of alphabets and it's terms mathematical question grin, my brain will just go numb and fall into deep slumper cheesy... Me and mathematics na two parallel lines.

Just the day before yesterday, my neighbor brought me her daughter's first term mathematical examination questions for JSS3 to solve (from a Federal Technical College o)... O mehn! I collected it, thinking it will be baby questions of 1 + 1 grin... I see alphabet and numbers my brain wan run comot for my head.

grin, I said to myself, a graduate will not embarrass his generation like this biko because I can't return the paper to her unattended to. Thank God grin, a part of my brain was still left in my 'okpo skull' cheesy then I remembered my younger brother is studying at FUTO, na so I snap the questions and sent to him to help me out ooo grin...

The guy with his friends I presumed solved the questions and sent me the snap shots cheesy, na so I copy everything and passed across to my neighbor ooo grin...

Although I told her it was my younger brother that helped me out, grin grin grin. She was glad!
No b only u bro I hate this mathematical question so much e Dey scatter my brain no b small 🧠 find x = to b i Dey vex anytime I see that kind question

1 Like

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by saintruky(m): 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2023
There u go @OP..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by israelmao(m): 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2023
Chimaobi302:
(1)
x²+2x-8=0 x²+4x-2x-8=0 x(x+4)-2(x+4)=0 (x-2)(x+4)=0 x=2 or x=-4 {x} = {2,-4}....
(2) x²-3x-18=0 x²+3x-6x-18=0 x(x+3)-6(x+3)=0 (x+3)(x-6)=0 x= -3 or x=6 { x } = {-3,6 }
Obi pikin.

1 Like

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by michlins(m): 12:36pm On Jan 21, 2023
BABAawoo47:
quadratic equation is pretty basic...It definitely doesn't qualifies you as smart.
not for many of us
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Racoon(m): 12:36pm On Jan 21, 2023
Mathematics? Old boy! We calculated till we die by then. The 4-Figure Tables and Calculation in Physics really stirred up the maths guru in me.
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Bam17(f): 12:37pm On Jan 21, 2023
saintruky:
There u go @OP..

That's a pretty long way you had to go through. You should have just solved it the normal way. Sha, most people prefer this method... but it's pretty long for me.
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by kenex4ever(m): 12:37pm On Jan 21, 2023
NDSMELODY:
for completing the square method.
Your solving is correct but u shouldnt have mentioned difference of 2squares there.
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by israelmao(m): 12:37pm On Jan 21, 2023
Word problems that translate in quadratic equations used to be my delight in secondary school.
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by saintruky(m): 12:38pm On Jan 21, 2023
Bam17:

That's a pretty long way you had to go through. You should have just solved it the normal way. Sha, most people prefer this method... but it's pretty long for me.

There are different short methods to get it solved... But OP insisted on d use of quadratic equation... Hence d need to go d long way..
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by ChybuzzDD(m): 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2023
Chimaobi302:
(1)

x²+2x-8=0
x²+4x-2x-8=0
x(x+4)-2(x+4)=0
(x-2)(x+4)=0
x=2 or x=-4
{x} = {2,-4}....

(2)
x²-3x-18=0
x²+3x-6x-18=0
x(x+3)-6(x+3)=0
(x+3)(x-6)=0
x= -3 or x=6
{ x } = {-3,6 }

Your type will just jump into writing without first reading the instructions, and when you are failed, you'll start complaining how you wrote the whole world but your enemies/village people failed you.
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Nightwolf1: 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2023
BATified2023:
I want to implore Nigerians not to follow aba made fake product but the original tested n trusted man

Imagine a man that made doctors go on strike for 13 months telling u he will do well in health sector?
Isn’t it laughable

Imagine a man who refuse to pay lecturers for good 6 months telling u he values education n to add insult on injury he increased ANSU tuition fee by 200%
Isn’t it laughable?

Imagine a man who fails to conduct local government election for good 7 years telling u he will deliver dividends of democracy to u, y didn’t he to that when he was governor?

Imagine a man who can’t manage a majority Christian state n even had to start divide n rule between catholic n others Christian’s telling u he will unite u
No b craze b dat?

The same man who killed youths extrajudicially n dumped their bodies inside awkuzu river telling u he will protect the youth, Nigerians ronu

He’s telling u he will move us from consumption to production but he’s the greatest importer of what his brothers are manufacturing locally

Same man that claim he needs to b stingy by denying people dividends of democracy is stashing money into teenage daughter account n even have numerous offshore accounts

The same man who said he wants to change d old order still romancing obj, ibb, enenche of endsars n the latest the billionaire grass cutter

In Sowore voice…. A thief can’t fix your window

This is what Owobokiri has to say about him then, ask him what has changed today?

The section is for working brains. Not for stupid Thîefnubu supporters with a knack for online tirades and support for a drug addict suffering from Parkinson disease.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Bam17(f): 12:40pm On Jan 21, 2023
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Bam17(f): 12:41pm On Jan 21, 2023
saintruky:

There are different short methods to get it solved... But OP insisted on d use of quadratic equation... Hence d need to go d long way..

But, anyway, everyone has his own method which best suits him.
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Slynation(m): 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2023
sureteeboy:

This is Difference of two squares
a²-b² = (a + b) (a - b)
What you did on the left hand side was you factored the perfect square. You rewrote the trinomial on the LHS in the perfect square format. That's different from Difference of two squares
rest...😂😂 they don solve am bsay they don solve am!!
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by R0LL0N(m): 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2023
sqlPAIN:

Sunkanmi so you brought my assignment here.

See you in class on Monday

Regards
Mr Salako
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by FireUpNow(m): 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2023
NDSMELODY:
the second one has been solved up there bro.
Account no; 0810077717
Bank; access bank.

Thank you ....
N vex you dey use find money
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by taurusmena1(m): 12:44pm On Jan 21, 2023
Nicely done
NDSMELODY:
Q3, using general formula
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Landowner101(m): 12:46pm On Jan 21, 2023
I've been wondering how I passed mathematics in the university😆😆😆
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Bam17(f): 12:47pm On Jan 21, 2023
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Slynation(m): 12:48pm On Jan 21, 2023
OfficialAPCNig:
I studied this in Secondary school and University and none of them is paying my bills.

I don't even know their real life applications. Keep finding X while your mate are finding money
Mathematics is to sharpen your brain, and your brain applies it indirectly in everyday life...

When crossing the road, you apply mathematics...

When counting money, you apply basic mathematics...

You apply mathematics in both quantitative and qualitative reasoning in all you do...

An engineer will not say the same thing...!! cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by bamac(m): 12:49pm On Jan 21, 2023
christejames:
People wey get maths brain full ground ooo grin grin

Whenever I see numbers in combination of alphabets and it's terms mathematical question grin, my brain will just go numb and fall into deep slumper cheesy... Me and mathematics na two parallel lines.

Just the day before yesterday, my neighbor brought me her daughter's first term mathematical examination questions for JSS3 to solve (from a Federal Technical College o)... O mehn! I collected it, thinking it will be baby questions of 1 + 1 grin... I see alphabet and numbers my brain wan run comot for my head.

grin, I said to myself, a graduate will not embarrass his generation like this biko because I can't return the paper to her unattended to. Thank God grin, a part of my brain was still left in my 'okpo skull' cheesy then I remembered my younger brother is studying at FUTO, na so I snap the questions and sent to him to help me out ooo grin...

The guy with his friends I presumed solved the questions and sent me the snap shots cheesy, na so I copy everything and passed across to my neighbor ooo grin...

Although I told her it was my younger brother that helped me out, grin grin grin. She was glad!

grin grin grin this is me

1 Like

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by saintruky(m): 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2023
Bam17:

But, anyway, everyone has his own method which best suits him.

Very true
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Slynation(m): 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2023
saintruky:
There u go @OP..
Seems like your hands are itching you to solve something...make I knack you one?? cheesy
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by saintruky(m): 12:51pm On Jan 21, 2023
Bam17:

Look, Sir. And, here I thought I was losing my mind cheesy

Lol you aren't losing your mind dear... Mathematics is just some how..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Professor Ransford Gyampo To Sue BBC Over 'Sex For Grades' Scandal / Ifeoma Bibiana Okoli: Blind Woman Bags PhD From The University Of Ibadan (Photo) / Saheed Oladele: How I Returned ₦118,000 To A Book Store In Ibadan (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.