Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations (27868 Views)

Please I Need Help In Balancing These Equations / How To Solve Any Quadratic Equation Using The "Almighty" Formula / Please Help Solve This Quadratic Equations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Ajibade123(m): 12:51pm On Jan 21, 2023
sqlPAIN:
The first one has to be solved with the quadratic formula, I know how to solve it with other methods but when I use quadratic, I keep getting wrong answers.....

The second one has to be solved with completing the square method..

have you gotten an answer yet?
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by saintruky(m): 12:51pm On Jan 21, 2023
Slynation:
Seems like your hands are itching you to solve something...make I knack you one?? cheesy

I dey wait lol... But with a price ooo
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Thegoodone13(m): 12:52pm On Jan 21, 2023
2, _4
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by ManirBK: 12:52pm On Jan 21, 2023
BATified2023:
I want to implore Nigerians not to follow aba made fake product but the original tested n trusted man

Imagine a man that made doctors go on strike for 13 months telling u he will do well in health sector?
Isn’t it laughable

Imagine a man who refuse to pay lecturers for good 6 months telling u he values education n to add insult on injury he increased ANSU tuition fee by 200%
Isn’t it laughable?

Imagine a man who fails to conduct local government election for good 7 years telling u he will deliver dividends of democracy to u, y didn’t he to that when he was governor?

Imagine a man who can’t manage a majority Christian state n even had to start divide n rule between catholic n others Christian’s telling u he will unite u
No b craze b dat?

The same man who killed youths extrajudicially n dumped their bodies inside awkuzu river telling u he will protect the youth, Nigerians ronu

He’s telling u he will move us from consumption to production but he’s the greatest importer of what his brothers are manufacturing locally

Same man that claim he needs to b stingy by denying people dividends of democracy is stashing money into teenage daughter account n even have numerous offshore accounts

The same man who said he wants to change d old order still romancing obj, ibb, enenche of endsars n the latest the billionaire grass cutter

In Sowore voice…. A thief can’t fix your window

This is what Owobokiri has to say about him then, ask him what has changed today?
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Dreadlock69(m): 12:53pm On Jan 21, 2023
Nah cane dem use teach us math

Only maths wey I understand nah business maths, Accounting
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Slynation(m): 12:54pm On Jan 21, 2023
saintruky:

I dey wait lol... But with a price ooo
You go reason community people make they help you bdat grin
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Bam17(f): 12:55pm On Jan 21, 2023
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Bam17(f): 12:55pm On Jan 21, 2023
Dreadlock69:
Nah cane dem use teach us math

Only maths wey I understand nah business maths, Accounting

I really hated Accounting back then in sec sch cheesy
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by SodiumValproate: 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2023
Despacito1:
I just run it now, you can get the second yourself through this principle.

I dey class I now no time to write the rest
Na which school be that?🤔
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by AKzee(m): 12:57pm On Jan 21, 2023
X² + 2X - 8 = 0
X² +4X-2X-8=0
(X²+4X)-(2X-cool = 0
X(X+4) -2(X+4) = 0
(X-2)(X+4) = 0
X = 2, -4.
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by saintruky(m): 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2023
Slynation:

Lol... But no be community people wan give me maths solve na... U wan just give me headache for nothing? I suppose drink water if i solve it right na...
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by SodiumValproate: 1:02pm On Jan 21, 2023
Seun, lalasticlala, mynd44, nlfpmod

Please you guys should add support MathJax to this forum so that we can benefit from seeing better formated mathematical equations.

I think that will boost the activity of helping people with calculations in the education section.

Thank you.
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Jamersirwin1971: 1:02pm On Jan 21, 2023
michlins:
Omo

Smart people full nairaland

Just to solve maths doesn't mean one is smart ... Na so we vote Buhari now Nigeria is down
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Streetmovement(m): 1:05pm On Jan 21, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

God forbid math 😂
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Paulpak34(m): 1:06pm On Jan 21, 2023
This is my own solution for x²-3x-18=0

1 Like

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Slynation(m): 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2023
Bam17:
Ehe...oya lemme give you this simple one...

3a + 2b - c = 19
4a -b + 2c = 4
2a + 4b - 5c = 32

Find the 3 unknowns a, b and c

(simultaneous equations)
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by ObalendeCMS: 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2023
I 8 mathematics.

It doesn’t make sense to me.
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by OdefaGirl(f): 1:16pm On Jan 21, 2023
Nightwolf1:

The section is for working brains. Not for stupid Thîefnubu supporters with a knack for online tirades and support for a drug addict suffering from Parkinson disease.

You dey mind that lizard?
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by ColdHunter(f): 1:17pm On Jan 21, 2023
NDSMELODY:
the second one has been solved up there bro.
Account no; 0810077717
Bank; access bank.

Thank you ....

E no reach anything, but I added 1k for you.

1 Like

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Alusiizizi(m): 1:24pm On Jan 21, 2023
sqlPAIN:
The first one has to be solved with the quadratic formula, I know how to solve it with other methods but when I use quadratic, I keep getting wrong answers.....

Idi0t!! "Quadratic formula" and "completing the square method" are one and the same method. Quadratic formula can be derived from completing the square.
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Nchenches: 1:24pm On Jan 21, 2023
[quote author=sqlPAIN post=120223160]The first one has to be solved with the quadratic formula, I know how to solve it with other methods but when I use quadratic, I keep getting wrong answers.....

[/ quote]

Are you a beginner? If not, no big worries in the questions.
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Orgasmgiver123(m): 1:24pm On Jan 21, 2023
Hatrick01:
PellsKodaK, silentgroper, orgasmgiver123, Chaos14 Left The Group Chat
How dare you summon me to a thread that doesn't have watermelon bress in it
You wan die?
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by PellsKodak: 1:27pm On Jan 21, 2023
Hatrick01:
PellsKodaK, silentgroper, orgasmgiver123, Chaos14 Left The Group Chat
No stress my brain undecided undecided undecided
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Odeman: 1:28pm On Jan 21, 2023
X²+2x-8=0
X²+4x-2x-8=0
x(x+4)-2(x+4)=0
(x-2)(x+4)=0
x=2 or x=-4

x²-3x-18=0
x²-6x+3x-18=0
x(x-6)+3(x-6)=0
(x+3)(x-6)=0
x=-3 or x=6
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by dahmie2013: 1:35pm On Jan 21, 2023
NDSMELODY:
for completing the square method.
So brilliant, are you an engineer?
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Lemmyler(m): 1:38pm On Jan 21, 2023
Kindly find attached.

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by dquantum21: 1:42pm On Jan 21, 2023
I know the questions are no big deal but I decided to allow ChatGPT solve them. See the output below:

Quadratic Formula Solution

Solve Solve X^2 + 2X - 8 = 0
Using the quadratic formula

The quadratic formula for solving the equation ax^2 + bx + c = 0 is: x = (-b ± √(b^2 - 4ac)) / 2a

So in this case, we have:
x^2 + 2x - 8 = 0
x = (-2 ± √(2^2 - 4(1)(-cool)) / 2(1)
x = (-2 ± √(4 + 32)) / 2
x = (-2 ± √(36)) / 2
x = (-2 ± 6) / 2
x = (-2 + 6) / 2 or x = (-2 - 6) / 2
x = 2 or x = -4

Therefore, the solutions of the equation are x = 2 and x = -4

Solve X^2 - 3X - 18 = 0 using completing the Square

To solve x^2 - 3x - 18 = 0 using completing the square method, we can follow these steps:

Rewrite the equation in the form of x^2 - 3x = 18 by adding 18 to both sides.
Add (3/2)^2 to both sides of the equation to get a perfect square trinomial on one side of the equation: (x-3/2)^2 = (3/2)^2 + 18.
Take the square root of both sides of the equation: x-3/2 = ± √((3/2)^2 + 18)
Add 3/2 to both sides of the equation: x = 3/2 ± √((3/2)^2 + 18)
Solve for x by simplifying the square root: x = 3/2 ± √(9/4 + 18) = 3/2 ± √(81/4) = 3/2 ± 3/2 = 6 or x = -3
Therefore, the solutions of the equation are x = 6 and x = -3.

1 Like

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by saintruky(m): 1:45pm On Jan 21, 2023
Slynation:

Still waiting for d question bro
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by phill63(m): 1:46pm On Jan 21, 2023
[quote author=Despacito1 post=120228544]I just run it now, you can get the second yourself through this principle.

I dey class I now no time to is that solid works mechanical on your screen?/quote]
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 21, 2023
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Enskynelson(m): 1:49pm On Jan 21, 2023
The solutions to the quadratic equation X^2 + 2x - 8 = 0 are x = -4 and x = 2.
You can use Quadratic Formula : x = (-b ± √(b^2-4ac)) / 2a
In this case a=1, b=2 and c=-8.
x = (-2 ± √(2^2-41(-cool)) / 2*1
x = (-2 ± √(4+32)) / 2
x = (-2 ± √(36)) / 2
x = (-2 ± 6) / 2
x = (-4) / 2 or x = 2/2
x = -2 or x = 1

Source: ChatGPT grin
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Ishilove: 1:51pm On Jan 21, 2023
Houseofglam7:
👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯
My sister, wait make I follow you cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bowen University Students Who Fought, Sent Out Of Their Hostel (Photos) / ASUU To Call Off Strike On Wednesday / Two Nigerian Students Drown In Malaysia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.