Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman (4883 Views)

PDP Will Pardon Amaechi, Wamakko If They Apologise / Niger Delta,south-east & Middle Belt To Rule Nigeria Forever - Dokubo-asari / Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by koruji(m): 1:36am On Sep 08, 2011
Well, we better end Nigeria then, so PDP can rule it in the grave.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110908324953
By Olusola Fabiyi and Ade Adesomoju
Thursday, 8 Sep 2011

Eleven years into the Peoples Democratic Party rule, its acting National Chairman, Alhaji Kawu Baraje, has said the party will continue to dominate the affairs of the country forever.

Baraje said it would be difficult to wrestle the control of the nation’s governance from the PDP’s grip because governors and lawmakers on the platform of the party were posting “satisfactory performances.”

Baraje said, “When we came on board on July 28, we promised that we were going to focus on some areas, which included the review of our constitution.

“We are reviewing with the aim of making the PDP stronger and making it the doyen of Nigerians. It has always been the doyen of majority of Nigerians in the past.

“We will continue to make it and it will continue to remain on top forever as the dominant political party in Nigeria.”

He spoke in Abuja on Wednesday during the inauguration of a committee saddled with the responsibility of reviewing the party’s constitution.

At the inception of democracy in 1999, the PDP produced the President in the person of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo and won the governorship seats in 23 states. In both chambers of the National Assembly it also produced the majority of the lawmakers.

While it continued to produce the President in subsequent national elections in 2003, 2007 and 2011, the PDP lost some of the states under its control.

For instance, its candidates in Edo, Ondo, Osun and Ekiti states in the 2007 governorship polls were all removed by the Appeal Court on the grounds that their victories were undeserved. While the Labour Party chased away the PDP governor in Ondo, the Action Congress of Nigeria candidates took over in Ekiti, Osun and Edo.

In the 2011 race, the party also lost Ogun and Oyo states thus completing its annihilation in the South- West geo-political zone.

In the South-East, both Imo and Anambra that were under the PDP rule in 1999 had since fallen to All Progressives Grand Alliance.

The acting chairman of the PDP said the desire of the party to continue to dominate the political landscape of Nigeria was part of the reasons that its National Executive Committee agreed to the idea of reviewing the constitution of the party.

Baraje told the 23-member committee that the leadership of the party was not happy with lack of discipline among its members, adding that there was no way an association would grow when its members were not disciplined.

He therefore charged them to look critically into how the party could discipline its members “effectively as enshrined in our constitution.”

Other areas he charged the committee to look into included how the party’s flag bearers in elections would emerge, composition of the organs of the party and how to source for funding.

Baraje told the committee members that the leadership of the party was aware of the critical assignment before them and that that was why the members were carefully chosen in order to have representatives from all the segments of the party.

Responding on behalf of the members, the chairman of the committee, Chief Olusola Oke, promised that his members would do a thorough job.

Oke, who is also the National Legal Adviser of the party said, “We will deliver above the party’s expectations; we will handle the job with all the seriousness it deserves and we will abide by the terms of reference given to us by our party.”

Members of the committee include the governors of Delta and Niger states, Emmanuel Uduaghan and Babangida Aliyu respectively; the Minister of Labour and Productivity, Chief Emeka Wogu; two members of the Senate and House of Representatives.

The committee has 12 weeks within which to submit its report.

Reacting to the Baraje assertion late on Wednesday, spokesperson for the ACN, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said there was no way anybody or any party can rule forever.

“If the PDP said it would rule forever it means Nigeria is doomed forever. If you watch what is happening in Libya, Tunisia and Egypt, You will know that there is no way anybody or any party can rule forever. The 12 years that PDP has ruled us, it has suffocated all Nigerians to the point of death,” Mohammed said on the telephone.

Also, Mr. Yinka Odumakin the spokesperson for the Gen. Mohammed Buhari, presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, said PDP was deceiving itself.

“Let them continue to deceive themselves thinking that Nigeria would allow the PDP to continue to lead them,” he said. He also referred to the revolutions in Libya, Egypt and Tunisia as also possible in Nigeria.
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by Relax101(m): 1:41am On Sep 08, 2011
Thunder go fire his generation down.
The ones wey dey bury, thunder go fire them for grave.
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by woetooam4j: 1:52am On Sep 08, 2011
@Topic: I agree.

With the way they bribe left, right and center, who can argue with that!
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by ezeagu(m): 2:33am On Sep 08, 2011
. . . .forever as Nigeria exists, which is until 2015 (hopefully).
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by Onlytruth(m): 3:28am On Sep 08, 2011
Not if we have anything to say about it.
PDP is already losing states gradually.

They will most likely lose more states in 2015. If I have my way, they will lose ALL SE states. cool
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by Yeske2(m): 5:06am On Sep 08, 2011
Yeye man
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by BetaThings: 5:46am On Sep 08, 2011
Onlytruth:

Not if we have anything to say about it.
PDP is already losing states gradually.

They will most likely lose more states in 2015. If I have my way, they will lose ALL SE states. cool

They won't!
They rig elections (Uduaghan case) and also cause confusion at the tribunals (Sokoto governorship case and the reconstitution of presidential election tribunal)
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by Onlytruth(m): 5:49am On Sep 08, 2011
Posted by: BetaThings

They won't!
They rig elections (Uduaghan case) and also cause confusion at the tribunals (Sokoto governorship case and the reconstitution of presidential election tribunal)

I'm laughing. undecided
So, how did they lose Anambra and Imo, and almost ALL SW states?
Keep dreaming.
PDP has no monopoly of evil. Others will soon catch up. We are all Nigerians abi?
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by dayokanu(m): 6:04am On Sep 08, 2011
I dey laff
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by itiswell1(m): 6:20am On Sep 08, 2011
Relax101:

Thunder go fire his generation down.
The ones wey dey bury, thunder go fire them for grave.

Abeg, relax grin grin grin
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by sley4life(m): 6:48am On Sep 08, 2011
it is very possible. We Nigerians are cow.ard
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by Dsage1: 7:17am On Sep 08, 2011
Noting can exist,remain,dominate/rule forever except God.dey ve already lost SW,some states in SE and North so let d man says wateva he like.PDP wi colapse in 2014.
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by sampeter(m): 7:23am On Sep 08, 2011
I dey laugh! 'prophet thieve Ogbulafor said 'next 60 years', now seer Baraje is saying forever! Rubbish! League of Charlattans. I am seeing their end now, Msheeeeew! People deceiving party'
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by luluosas(m): 7:26am On Sep 08, 2011
Hmm! I no fi talk. How on earth can this gangs of terrorists, kidnappers, bombers, assassins, looters, evil/occultic club, ritualists, embezzlers, 419ners, election riggers, criminal elements, boast of their stupidity, in a nation like Nigeria? Have they forgotten that, we were better off under the military rule, compare to their PDP's misrule? I don't blame them. I blame the IDIOTICS Nigerians, who, in spite of their full knowledge that, PDP is Jonathan, and Jonathan is PDP, that have always destroyed Nigeria, since 1999, went ahead to rigged him to power, on sentiment and religious ground. They threw caution to the wind, competence to the backyard, and promoted incompetency and cluelessness, as the messiah. Nigeria, you are done for. I am voting Jonathan not PDP people, what do you have to say? Unless, Jehovah God, is no longer God, then, PDP will succeed as they have boasted, but, if yes, he is still God, PDP, your name will become history in a few years from today. PDP, and all PDP apologists on nairaland, you will all rot in hell, for bringing this evil upon Nigeria. You will all suffer bomb blasts in your homes, offices, markets in Jesus Name, Amen.
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by Spoils(m): 7:41am On Sep 08, 2011
[color=Black][/color] abeg make una no insult d oldman,imagine 46mil youth unemployed,lafin wit their poverty in their hands n shining white tit,no body 1 die bt dem 1 live 4 heaven.4 me time don reach wey, all ds old men go go rest 4 their grave,because if we no 4se dem comot,den they wil continue rule us 4 eva,GOD s no longa on our side,it s bst we show ds theives their way out,i wll nt wish dat we split bt push dem in2 their grave.if only d 46mil knws wat t s lke 2 stay witout wok a day,d stress,d thing u learn,smoking or drinkin 2 kip life @ peace,we nid d bomb nt 4 religious fanatiscim bt 2 show ds pple we can remove them,i vote 4 REVOLUTION.ous fanatiscim bt 2 show ds pple we can remove them,i vote 4 REVOLUTION.
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by lagcity(m): 7:49am On Sep 08, 2011
well, we'll see. ppl are fed up with PDP and it will be downhill from here. ACN is gaining and will viciously fight the PDP in 2012 and 2015. we will see,
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by Pukkah: 7:53am On Sep 08, 2011
These people just open their mouths and begin to insult Nigerians. So PDP governors and lawmakers have been posting 'satisfactory performances'? Is this the kind of performance he wants Nigeria to have for ever? This country is in trouble.
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 08, 2011
Onlytruth:

I'm laughing. undecided
Keep dreaming.
PDP has no monopoly of evil. Others will soon catch up. We are all Nigerians abi?
^this got me laughing hard, but it's d truth. Pdp cant monopolise evil and rigging. Thanks to tinubu, ngige and co.
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by Oluti(m): 8:23am On Sep 08, 2011
The way things are going there may not be any Nigeria in the next few years talk less of forever. Fool. Maybe the old cargo lives in the moon or is talking of another Nigeria but definitely not this one where everything is spiraling fast out of control.
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by Ikroberts: 9:40am On Sep 08, 2011
Nigeria exists forever as we are in life, so remember that one person most not be a king forever,
so think be for you presume.
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by Ibomade1: 10:27am On Sep 08, 2011
PDP will implode at some point.
There are too many greed heads in that party.
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by ojuyobo111: 10:33am On Sep 08, 2011
This my is drunk. please better advice this monkey to mind his speech
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by quinne25: 10:50am On Sep 08, 2011
They re rantin! 2015 is d end of pdp
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by apoti(m): 11:01am On Sep 08, 2011
Sad, but I totally agree with him. Until Nigerians wake up and stop being stup[i]i[/i]d PDP will rule forever.

Let's take a look back at the how they won the previous elections

Obasanjo (1999)
After the death of MKO in 1998, they knew they had to present a Yoruba man to appease the SW. Of all people, they brought a thief like Obj. And this was how they convinced Nigerians: "He is a great and a strong leader, he has experience. He is coming from the prison to the palace, he is the Joseph of our time that will save this nation  shocked

Yaradua (2007)
Knowing well about his health condition, they presented him to Nigerians, and said: He has a good heart (but no kidney), he has a good character, he has only one wife (Turai the great) he is not corrupt, He was formerly a teacher so he can feel the pains of a commoner. Nigerians that have spent the last 8 years castigating obj and pdp, still went and voted for pdp  angry

Goodluck (2011)
There was nothing to say about this man other than the fact that he has always been lucky. So maybe we should try luck this time if it will work for us. The most annoying thing was that Nigerians campaigned for this man, saying 'he has God's backing', 'whom God has blessed no man can curse', 'I wish you Good luck' etc. I'm sure the pdp chiefs will be laughing when they heard the people saying 'I'm voting for Goodluck and not PDP'.

Conclusion:
Nigerians have never liked PDP, but they have always plessed the umblerra logo on the ballot papers.
I see PDP presenting another candidate in 2015 and giving us some unreasonable points (as usual) why we should vote for them.

PDP is the worst thing that has ever happened to Nigerian . . . . . . Nigerians pls wake up. angry
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by Divihack: 11:20am On Sep 08, 2011
This Man(PDP)Chairman is a standard bastard #SON certified
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by PointB: 11:24am On Sep 08, 2011
If they churn out more of Amaechi and Chime sort of leaders, and perhaps Rochas and Fashola (without Tinubu), then I couldn't care less if they rule till infinity!
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by Johnpaul2k2(m): 11:32am On Sep 08, 2011
sley4life:

it is very possible. We Nigerians are cow.ard
MAYBE YOU grin grin grin grin
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by BetaThings: 12:23pm On Sep 08, 2011
Onlytruth:

I'm laughing. undecided
Keep dreaming.
You are laughing? I am dreaming? We shall see
Taking the presidency from the PDP will be akin to a nuclear war. Anybody contemplating it must be preapred for that!
I hate PDP. If I had the powers, EVERY member of that evil empire would be in jail. But I am realistic
Those thieves would not leave without a fight. Rigging will not be enough
BTW why do you think the man is co confident!
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by ndigbo: 12:51pm On Sep 08, 2011
untill we the Youths of this great Nation reslove to chase out these old fools at the corridors of power to their Grave, without alining ourselves to tribe and religion! Then we are in for a longer thing! I second the vote for REVOLUTION!
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by juman(m): 1:40pm On Sep 08, 2011
PDP can rule for many years more, if they perform very well.
Re: Pdp Will Rule Nigeria Forever – Chairman by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 08, 2011
military come oh come oh come take over, i don see peoplw wey una better pass

(1) (2) (Reply)

IN CASE OF EBOLA OUTBREAK ; Will You Support Nigeria To Help South Africa?Pix. / Flash:youth Corper Has Just Been Killed By APC Deputy Governorship Candidate! / Former Ghanian President, Jerry john Rawlings Reportedly Dead At 69

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.