Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,035 members, 7,845,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline (46418 Views)

BREAKING: CBN Raises Loan To Deposit Ratio To 65%, Gives Fresh Deadline / CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React / Nigerians React To Sani Dangote Son Engagement To Malaysian Billionaire Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by TheChameleon: 8:27pm On Jan 29, 2023
Missgeraldine:

Buhari no try for this one abeg...I was even beginning to like the dullard undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by jumper524(m): 8:28pm On Jan 29, 2023
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Mccullum: 8:30pm On Jan 29, 2023
dustmalik:
The funny thing is, when this policy comes into full effect and people start to see the drawbacks of it, these same people supporting it will be the ones to turn around to blame Tinubu and APC.

The problem we have is lack of foresight. Yesterday alone, two people made transfer to me and I didn't receive their transfer for hours, I didn't get an alert and the value of the transfers also didn't reflect in my bank app. Sometimes it takes unreasonable amount of hours for transfers to reflect.

Imagine you go to a shop to buy something and you make a transfer. The seller says he hasn't receive the transfer. Will you wait for hours?

People are going to experience a lot of drawbacks, including delayed transfers, failed transfers, fake transfer alerts are going to be rampant.

The simple truth is that, the whole system is not ready or prepared for this policy.

I do agreed with you

1 Like

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Oluwomonext212(m): 8:31pm On Jan 29, 2023
Thank you ooo… I now wonder why the masses who are calling for Change are the one wailing
AdaojoTheUrchin:

Yesterday, I told my car wash guy that he shouldn't bother about the notes, it will be extended by a few days, when he express fear about collecting my N1,000 notes. We all know the aim is not make like difficult for the masses but for those political criminals stocking money for vote buying.
They will cry to high heavens.

1 Like

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by LOVEGINO(m): 8:31pm On Jan 29, 2023
Wiseandtrue:
If you know that the government will extend it from the onset

Gather here grin 🙋🙋‍♀️🙋‍♂️
we plenty oooo. Confuse useless set of old fools

3 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by edungene7: 8:32pm On Jan 29, 2023
My only joy is that after Feb 10 alot of old naira notes go turn tissue paper for Tinubu backyard

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by ppogba: 8:33pm On Jan 29, 2023
The CBN is not doing any one a favor by the extension. They know they do not have enough currency for now but most importantly, they want to avert un- imaginable crisis on the first day after the deadline.

4 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by NwokoloOwa: 8:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
I don't really know why we are like this.

How can you tie such any important policy of huge socio-economic effect on the nation just to elections.

We like knee jerk solutions that are not enduring. So in every election, we have to redesign the naira to prevent vote buying?? What of state elections staggered here and there. As of two days ago, some banks were still issuing the old notes. Haba. Look at the issue of fuel crisis biting so hard. No solutions. Just noise.

Why should we be encouraging mediocrity.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by FuckDModz: 8:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
grin

Why was Abdullahi Mohammad not interviewed?
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by leogho: 8:37pm On Jan 29, 2023
WOW! This is the most sensible, non bias and intelligent analysis that I have read on Nairaland for a long time now.

Thanks alot.

He that have ears let them hear ooooo.

jumper524:
All these one sided make way news.

The reality on ground is that here in Abuja when bank choke everywhere. People are relieved by the extension.
I wonder how states like kogi, kwara and all those state when robbers Don pursue bank go take cope.
POS operators and other business that weren't willing to risk it were stale yesterday. They had very few patronage cos even those that have it were not willing to spend it yet.
To those Dull brains who think this policy affects politicians, those mumus should think Again.

Didn't you observe how big men were packing tons of new cash from banks easily while you que at the Atm?
Those big men and politicians are the first holders of this new cash.
Bank managers are cashing out big on them, they'll sell 70% to the elites and leave you the plenty massed to struggle for 30% assume this extension didn't happen and people become more stranded till election period, vote buying would be much cheaper and easier cos scarcity of money brings value.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by backtovillage: 8:38pm On Jan 29, 2023
All the market women accepted the old na hunger go wire dem if they dont
Those Igbos that dont want extension, I believe they are not in the country right now

6 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by BATified2023: 8:40pm On Jan 29, 2023
edungene7:
My only joy is that after Feb 10 alot of old naira notes go turn tissue paper for Tinubu backyard
d foolish u doesn’t know that he has bank managers at his beck n he can pack all d money within a day

Did u know how he got d bullion van?

So if 10 keeps with tinted glass takes money in how will u know?

7 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by DSC7: 8:43pm On Jan 29, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Shebi na Nairaland we dey together. cheesy

No prob sir.

OBIdients will teach you and Tinupoo lessons you will ever live to remember.....

We shall meet at the poll.....

3 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Toyineni(m): 8:43pm On Jan 29, 2023
This money swap is affecting those in the rural area. An area where you have only one bank serving millions of people. I think CBN should go out and have a physical survay, mostly towns close to the boders

5 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Iamgrey5(m): 8:44pm On Jan 29, 2023
DSC7:

OBIdients will teach you and Tinupoo lessons you will ever live to remember.....

We shall meet at the poll.....
Ok sir.

1 Like

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Olam09(m): 8:44pm On Jan 29, 2023
If this people are traders they wouldn't spew this trash..

2 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Tektronics12: 8:44pm On Jan 29, 2023
There is no deadline for exchange of New Currency notes in Civilised World. Only in Nigeria, New Currency Notes Becomes a Big Problem.

Lesson: Never Appoint Backward Thinking People to Head Important Institution!

7 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by worksmart(m): 8:45pm On Jan 29, 2023
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by WelcomeToBiafra: 8:46pm On Jan 29, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

Yesterday, I told my car wash guy that he shouldn't bother about the notes, it will be extended by a few days, when he express fear about collecting my N1,000 notes. We all know the aim is not make like difficult for the masses but for those political criminals stocking money for vote buying.
They will cry to high heavens.

That reminds us of covid19 palliatives uncovered our prayer point now:
Baba God give us update of warehouses these Nigerian politicians are hiding the money meant for the people.

3 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by DSC7: 8:46pm On Jan 29, 2023
BATified2023:
d foolish u doesn’t know that he has bank managers at his beck n he can pack all d money within a day

Did u know how he got d bullion van?

So if 10 keeps with tinted glass takes money in how will u know?

See how you are shamelessly praising a renowned criminal....

Poverty is indeed very bad...

Tueeeehhh on your empty skull....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 29, 2023
BATified2023:
There are many dumb people in Nigeria, how people believe the policy will affect big men is still a surprise to me

I went to return old notes in bank on Saturday n d queue was killing, some jeeps came n a man ( probably a messenger to a big man) went to d security n gave him d phone

Before we knew what was happening 2 bankers came out n allowed them take him enough bags of money

I just laughed at some fools who believe people like tinubu will b affected

So they are telling us someone like peter obi that has large stakes in fidelity banks will have a problem with new notes

what you need to understand is that tinubu can deposit as much as he wants but cant wthdraw enough to buy votes.

1 Like

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Meliziz: 8:48pm On Jan 29, 2023
Aurchin has nothing to do with good warm Yorubas but you stupid agbado idi*t ba*yard! That didn't see anything wrong with supporting old senile basta'rd drug lord to Continue from where bubu stopped. You're the devil!
Iamgrey5:
"You mean Urchins(code word for Yorubas)" in Peter Obi supporters voice. cheesy

Because most Peter Obi supporters are high on something at this moment.

Peter Obi supporters are immune from the current economic situation.

1 Like

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by bolabadmus38: 8:48pm On Jan 29, 2023
Once the old notes deposited at the banks are not issued out again and new ones issued out to the customers on withdrawals, definitely the old notes will fizzle out and new ones will be circulated. The CBN really need to monitor the ATM closely to know how the old note is being dispensed.

2 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Cj4charles(m): 8:48pm On Jan 29, 2023
Urchins how market

1 Like

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by BATified2023: 8:49pm On Jan 29, 2023
Abba114:
what you need to understand is that tinubu can deposit as much as he wants but cant wthdraw enough to buy votes.
if u are a bank manager n peter obi that staked government money in fidelity bank called u to bring money for him, will u say no?

If a small fry like obi can do that, imagine what tinubu will do not to even talk about his boys

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 29, 2023
Tektronics12:
There is no deadline for exchange of New Currency notes in Civilised World. Only in Nigeria, New Currency Notes Becomes a Big Problem.

Lesson: Never Appoint Backward Thinking People to Head Important Institution!
if this is the only way to punish these polithieftians let it be
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by BATified2023: 8:50pm On Jan 29, 2023
DSC7:

See how you are shamelessly praising a renowned criminal....

Poverty is indeed very bad...

Tueeeehhh on your empty skull....
I can feed u n your father conveniently

1 Like

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:50pm On Jan 29, 2023
Nigerians can complain o. Damn
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 29, 2023
BATified2023:
if u are a bank manager n peter obi that staked government money in fidelity bank called u to bring money for him, will u say no?

If a small fry like obi can do that, imagine what tinubu will do not to even talk about his boys

they can get cash for him but it will not be enough to votes that can win him the election and also i am not a peter obi supporter i am just a concerned nigerian that wish for free and fair election

1 Like

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by AdaojoTheUrchin: 8:53pm On Jan 29, 2023
Nigerians want to see vote buyers flogged till their backs peel like cooked cocoyam. grin

1 Like

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Wipper7000: 8:53pm On Jan 29, 2023
Whether they extend it or not Politicians will always have access to it. Its just the common people that is going about their legitimate business that will suffer for it. The policy is badly implemented. The western govt we always copied for good thing will never do these type of thing. UK Govt is facing out the notes that bears the queen head to be replace with that of the king and they gave 24 months for it. Even after the 24 months old notes will still be acceptable in Banks.
Nigerian churches are demanding tithes and offering in New notes. That's all what Nigerian churches are meant for and politics.
CBN wants a cashless policy but Most rural areas in Nigeria doesn't banks and No internet service. Everything Jagajaga
No Gas and if you are lucky to get to the gas pump after 5 hours on the line and you try to buy gas with old notes you will be told they dont accept old notes. Double Wahala for dead body.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by BATified2023: 8:54pm On Jan 29, 2023
Abba114:
they can get cash for him but it will not be enough to votes that can win him the election and also i am not a peter obi supporter i am just a concerned nigerian that wish for free and fair election
imagine if over 20 governors control bank managers
Imagine if over 30 senators n other political office holders call different bank executives for money

U must b very stupid if u think tinubu won’t have access to new notes

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years / Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" / IRON & STEEL SALES/SUPPLY, FABRICATIONS @ BEST PRICES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.