Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,934 members, 7,845,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline (46416 Views)

BREAKING: CBN Raises Loan To Deposit Ratio To 65%, Gives Fresh Deadline / CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React / Nigerians React To Sani Dangote Son Engagement To Malaysian Billionaire Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by nedekid: 9:55pm On Jan 29, 2023
Tektronics12:
There is no deadline for exchange of New Currency notes in Civilised World. Only in Nigeria, New Currency Notes Becomes a Big Problem.

Lesson: Never Appoint Backward Thinking People to Head Important Institution!
In civilized world they don't handle cash as we do. They use cashless payment.

2 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by omonnakoda: 9:58pm On Jan 29, 2023
Politicians can use rice and recharge cards instead of money

1 Like

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Seankhalifa: 9:59pm On Jan 29, 2023
BATified2023:
I can feed u n your father conveniently
no mind the guy.. make I get the 10k grin
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by omonnakoda: 10:00pm On Jan 29, 2023
nedekid:

In civilized world they don't handle cash as we do. They cashless payment.
you are not civilized?
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
windvane:
stop fooling yourself bro,rented crowds at campaign rallies are paid new notes....
u cant compare that crowd with the number of voters. they will get money to buy votes but it wont be enough
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Truvelisback(m): 10:02pm On Jan 29, 2023
How much of the new note is in Circulation? How much of the new money have been printed and distributed? Until these questions are answered, i see no sense in the deadline.

3 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by nedekid: 10:03pm On Jan 29, 2023
omonnakoda:
you are not civilized?
I don't carry cash. Most you can see on me is 1k. Lots of other means of transacting.
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Spherica177: 10:03pm On Jan 29, 2023
DSC7:

OBIdients will teach you and Tinupoo lessons you will ever live to remember.....

We shall meet at the poll.....
Lol

I laugh at you and your likes whenever i come across your statements

You believe your Obi will get more votes than Tinubu or Atiku?

Anyway, February no far again

4 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by leisuretym: 10:06pm On Jan 29, 2023
IPOB news paper
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by windvane(m): 10:16pm On Jan 29, 2023
Abba114:
u cant compare that crowd with the number of voters. they will get money to buy votes but it wont be enough
let's be logical,the reason the new notes did not go round easily and fast is because politicians have it already..watch how the new notes will be in circulation after election....only a foolish politician keeps naira at home,it's mostly government appointees that do such,they have money in dollars and will call for naira easily.....

4 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by omoyami: 10:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
What CBN ought to do was to print more of ₦100. The new currency policy states that the ₦1000 and ₦500 notes shall be the store of value. That new ₦200 and lower denominations should be loaded unto the ATMs. So, more of lower denominations should have been our alternatives while they mop up the old ₦1000 and ₦500 notes in the circulation.

It's going to be difficult for politicians to store lower denominations because of the bulkiness.
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by MrBONE2(m): 10:29pm On Jan 29, 2023
Wiseandtrue:
If you know that the government will extend it from the onset

Gather here grin 🙋🙋‍♀️🙋‍♂️
grin

1 Like

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by VendorGB: 10:45pm On Jan 29, 2023
Whatever.
Get your T-Mobile esim.

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Didi2d(m): 10:46pm On Jan 29, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

Yesterday, I told my car wash guy that he shouldn't bother about the notes, it will be extended by a few days, when he expressed fear about collecting my N1,000 notes.

We all know the aim is not make like difficult for the masses but for those political criminals stocking money for vote buying.
They will cry to high heavens.

So Bros, you still believe it will actually affect the politicians? The politicians will always have their ways to get the new notes

It's the common man that will be affected, with fake note, fake alert and long queues at banks just to deposit the old notes and at the end the ATM will dispense the old notes again.

2 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:49pm On Jan 29, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Shebi na Nairaland we dey together. cheesy

No prob sir.

Miscreant
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Didi2d(m): 10:51pm On Jan 29, 2023
It's funny those people that hates APC and buhari are the same people applauding buhari and emefiele, believing the law is against Tinubu,but forgetting that it's the common man that is feeling the heat the most

5 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by WantsandMore: 10:55pm On Jan 29, 2023
Nemere2020:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/cash-swap-nigerians-react-over-cbn-fresh-deadline/
Vote buying is the most dumbest reason to attribute to currency change, be like una go dey change currency every 4-4 years be that.. ment...

5 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Nail24: 11:09pm On Jan 29, 2023
BATified2023:
There are many dumb people in Nigeria, how people believe the policy will affect big men is still a surprise to me

I went to return old notes in bank on Saturday n d queue was killing, some jeeps came n a man ( probably a messenger to a big man) went to d security n gave him d phone

Before we knew what was happening 2 bankers came out n allowed them take him enough bags of money

I just laughed at some fools who believe people like tinubu will b affected

So they are telling us someone like peter obi that has large stakes in fidelity banks will have a problem with new notes

Your sense will not die.
I still believe that this policy maybe to suffer other political parties.
I can bet Tinubu have most bank MDs as a friend. If he want to change the note is nothing to him.

Remember that the treasury of Lagos state is in his hands. What if Lagos state government help him also.
I don't believe in this policy at all. Waste of tax payer money.

2 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Emekaterry: 11:50pm On Jan 29, 2023
BATified2023:
There are many dumb people in Nigeria, how people believe the policy will affect big men is still a surprise to me

I went to return old notes in bank on Saturday n d queue was killing, some jeeps came n a man ( probably a messenger to a big man) went to d security n gave him d phone

Before we knew what was happening 2 bankers came out n allowed them take him enough bags of money

I just laughed at some fools who believe people like tinubu will b affected

So they are telling us someone like peter obi that has large stakes in fidelity banks will have a problem with new notes

bro they will be affected because cbn just released some amount of new money and it was shared to banks, state by state through state cbn.the new money ur seeing is just sample to make u understand that the issue of new money is real.Cbn just packed the money waiting after election to release it, my best friend is a banker, she told me that the new money is not even in the bank that cbn once in a week brings one million naira of the new money and it moves directly to ATM. If tinubu, Peter obi will have the new money right now it won't pass 5 million naira, they have the connection but the problem is that cbn just withhold the new money waiting for after election.
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by onuman: 1:31am On Jan 30, 2023
Nemere2020:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/cash-swap-nigerians-react-over-cbn-fresh-deadline/
Crooks who stockpilled stolen cash pressured executive arm of government, executive arm of government succumbs. No good for government because next time, people will not take government serious.
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by pacespot(m): 1:41am On Jan 30, 2023
Iamgrey5:
"You mean Urchins(code word for Yorubas)" in Peter Obi supporters voice. cheesy

Because most Peter Obi supporters are high on something at this moment.

Peter Obi supporters are immune from the current economic situation.

Point of correction, urchins can be Igbos, Yoruba, Hausa or Fulani as long as you are supporting Tinubu and his evil gang who are inflicting pains on Nigeria. For instance, that vocal Tinubu female supporter on Twitter called Ada Anambra is qualified as urchin even though she is Igbo.

I am one of the first people who started using this catchword "urchin" against Tinubu supporters on here in nairaland forum, but I am Yoruba.
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by cardoctor(m): 2:16am On Jan 30, 2023
CBN needs another 2 years to mop up these old currencies.
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by FireUpNow(m): 3:30am On Jan 30, 2023
Not happy the extension, the CBN and the president get so soft with the policy extension. But it will those thieves to take their I'll gotten wealth to the bank and Nigeria govt will collect it's percentage back to the treasury. Dem don steal is blind for this country. Drug man and illegal printing of our legal tenders showed suffer
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by benqo01(m): 3:31am On Jan 30, 2023
BUHARI TELLING US THAT NEW NAIRA NOTE WILL STOP VOTE BUYING IS THE DUMBEST THING TO HEAR,I LAUGH WHEN I SEE SOME PEOPLE HERE OPENING THIER MOUTH TO ALSO FOLLOW HIM BLINDLY.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION IT CAN NEVER STOP VOTE BUYING UNTIL WE DO THE RIGHT THING PUT THOSE BEHIND BARS BE IT SMALL OR BIG IN THE SOCIETY UNTIL WE GET THE BEST PEOPLE IN GOVT,UNTIL WE START TAKING RESPONSIBILITY OF OUR ACTIONS WE CAN NEVER GET IT RIGHT.

THE SO CALLED POLITICIAN ALWAYS FIND THEIR ESCAPE ROUTE IN ALL OF THIS EVEN THOUGH THEY RE CAUGHT THEY HANDED HOW MANY DO GO TO JAIL? WE RE THE ARCHITECT OF OUR OWN PROBLEM WE HAVE NEVER EVER GOTTEN THINGS RIGHT FROM DAY 1 TILL NOW.

A GOVERNMENT WITH FORESIGHT IS WHAT WE HAVE ALWAYS LACKED THAT ALONE IS A BIG PROBLEM.
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by milkySperm(m): 3:37am On Jan 30, 2023
dustmalik:
The funny thing is, when this policy comes into full effect and people start to see the drawbacks of it, these same people supporting it will be the ones to turn around to blame Tinubu and APC.

The problem we have is lack of foresight. Yesterday alone, two people made transfer to me and I didn't receive their transfer for hours, I didn't get an alert and the value of the transfers also didn't reflect in my bank app. Sometimes it takes unreasonable amount of hours for transfers to reflect.

Imagine you go to a shop to buy something and you make a transfer. The seller says he hasn't receive the transfer. Will you wait for hours?

People are going to experience a lot of drawbacks, including delayed transfers, failed transfers, fake transfer alerts are going to be rampant.

The simple truth is that, the whole system is not ready or prepared for this policy.

We'll manage it anyhow, let's cooperate with the CBN and the presidency, thank you
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by pepericozi: 4:07am On Jan 30, 2023
Nonsense, this is policy summersault. The governor should not have yielded to politicians crying for extension.

I have deposited all old naira notes with me and suffer myself waiting for the expiry date before collecting new notes because of its scarcity. Now, I have to result back to the old naira notes again.

Nonsense upon nonsensical.

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Nobody: 4:22am On Jan 30, 2023
beejaay:

Dindinrin, urchin is code word for Tinubu bastard... Don't lump your as with urchins, they are two parallel lines that can never meet.. Urchins are purely tinubu bastard and agbado miscreants like you.. No dey do attachee by force

These urchins will rule you in a few months. Just relax. No dey do gra gra.
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by TooMuchSense1(m): 5:17am On Jan 30, 2023
Wiseandtrue:
If you know that the government will extend it from the onset

Gather here grin 🙋🙋‍♀️🙋‍♂️
😁😆😅😂😂🤣

1 Like

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Teymanhenry(f): 5:25am On Jan 30, 2023
They are giving Tinubu time to get more cash for the elections but too bad we don't need money to vote for Peter Obi
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by tunde1200(m): 5:54am On Jan 30, 2023
Infact you nail it right and exactly what am experiencing now

dustmalik:
The funny thing is, when this policy comes into full effect and people start to see the drawbacks of it, these same people supporting it will be the ones to turn around to blame Tinubu and APC.

The problem we have is lack of foresight. Yesterday alone, two people made transfer to me and I didn't receive their transfer for hours, I didn't get an alert and the value of the transfers also didn't reflect in my bank app. Sometimes it takes unreasonable amount of hours for transfers to reflect.

Imagine you go to a shop to buy something and you make a transfer. The seller says he hasn't receive the transfer. Will you wait for hours?

People are going to experience a lot of drawbacks, including delayed transfers, failed transfers, fake transfer alerts are going to be rampant.

The simple truth is that, the whole system is not ready or prepared for this policy.
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by maasoap(m): 6:27am On Jan 30, 2023
Tochi3:
grin

Nobody cared about Nigerians for the past 7 & half years .... the yrs of suffering of Nigerians was never news..Election don dey approach...Naira change & swap don become top news & suffering don reappear again.. grin grin

Zombies cum urchinsons must get sense by fire by force..

Now all of a sudden, Buhari just started to care about you, right? grin grin grin
The truth is that some of you, Zombiedients think this will make Supreme Monkey our next president. Lol
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by maasoap(m): 6:34am On Jan 30, 2023
dustmalik:

Don't mind them. Let the election be over and their candidates lose out and this problem still persists, then you will see them turning 180° and start blaming the same APC after Buhari and Emefiele might have gone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years / Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" / IRON & STEEL SALES/SUPPLY, FABRICATIONS @ BEST PRICES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.