Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,011 members, 7,845,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline (46417 Views)

BREAKING: CBN Raises Loan To Deposit Ratio To 65%, Gives Fresh Deadline / CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React / Nigerians React To Sani Dangote Son Engagement To Malaysian Billionaire Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by maasoap(m): 6:38am On Jan 30, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

Yesterday, I told my car wash guy that he shouldn't bother about the notes, it will be extended by a few days, when he expressed fear about collecting my N1,000 notes.

We all know the aim is not make life difficult for the masses but for those political criminals stocking money for vote buying.
They will cry to high heavens.

But this useless policy has already made life difficult for the masses.
And these "political criminals" already have new notes to buy votes, stop deceiving yourself.
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by maasoap(m): 6:44am On Jan 30, 2023
iwaeda:

CBN is not really prepared to be honest. ATMs still paying old notes. But this hit BAT like sticks. grin grin grin angry grin

No, it didn't! You're denser than I thought if you think this affects any politician who needs cash for the next election.
How many politicians have you seen queuing at the ATM, banking halls or caught moving money around? Chai! They're using your head to play ludo
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by awoluyi(m): 6:50am On Jan 30, 2023
I laughed when the President and the CBN governor said there was no going back on the last date of 31st January 2023. Mark my word , this new date of 10th February 2023 will be extended again to "June 31st " as ordered by the Senate. No policy is implemented successfully in Nigeria without problem.
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Lanretoye(m): 6:56am On Jan 30, 2023
Iamgrey5:
"You mean Urchins(code word for Yorubas)" in Peter Obi supporters voice. cheesy

Because most Peter Obi supporters are high on something at this moment.

Peter Obi supporters are immune from the current economic situation.
so urchins is no longer used for Tinubu's supporters,but for the entire yorubas?.I will not curse you but the creator and the ancestors of the yoruba land will never make your parent reap the fruit of their labor on you for disparaging a whole tribe.you uncultured son of an unfortunate patent.
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Tochi3(m): 7:16am On Jan 30, 2023
maasoap:

Now all of a sudden, Buhari just started to care about you, right? grin grin grin
The truth is that some of you, Zombiedients think this will make Supreme Monkey our next president. Lol

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by freeman67: 7:43am On Jan 30, 2023
dustmalik:
The funny thing is, when this policy comes into full effect and people start to see the drawbacks of it, these same people supporting it will be the ones to turn around to blame Tinubu and APC.

The problem we have is lack of foresight. Yesterday alone, two people made transfer to me and I didn't receive their transfer for hours, I didn't get an alert and the value of the transfers also didn't reflect in my bank app. Sometimes it takes unreasonable amount of hours for transfers to reflect.

Imagine you go to a shop to buy something and you make a transfer. The seller says he hasn't receive the transfer. Will you wait for hours?

People are going to experience a lot of drawbacks, including delayed transfers, failed transfers, fake transfer alerts are going to be rampant.

The simple truth is that, the whole system is not ready or prepared for this policy.

There is not draw back to anything for the common man in this. It the politicians, terrorists/bandits, kidnappers and money hoarders that are instigating the complaints and causing in connivance with Banker friends to make the money not available.

With the old money, all you listed as drawbacks and even more were happening and people were already getting used to it and have developed their individual ways of coping.

They is nobody reading this now that will say he/she has never encountered a delayed transfer and failed transfer/transaction or will say he or she has never heard of fake alerts before.

However, with all that, more genuine and successful transactions have been done. Could it have been better, yes but if you look at was was and where we are going, we have really come a long way.

That said, I will like to quickly add that all these are issues with cashless policy whose implementation has commenced long before now and has nothing to do with the new naira notes. The reasons and objectives for changing the notes are very germaine. I just hope they don't succeed in scuttling the efforts.
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by iwaeda: 8:03am On Jan 30, 2023
maasoap:

No, it didn't! You're denser than I thought if you think this affects any politician who needs cash for the next election.
How many politicians have you seen queuing at the ATM, banking halls or caught moving money around? Chai! They're using your head to play ludo
You are smarter, hope you heard him in Benin yesterday. Tinubu ti luuuu leeee. grin grin grin grin angry
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Opportuneke(m): 8:13am On Jan 30, 2023
justmondris:

It’s the wicked commercial banks and the corrupt politicians that are stressing the masses. The problem is that the cabals cannot swap their billions of Naira that are buried in the soakway to the new notes.

Waoh, now I get it.
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by victorsola: 8:16am On Jan 30, 2023
Nemere2020:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/cash-swap-nigerians-react-over-cbn-fresh-deadline/
anybody that thinks the people up there don’t know how to get the new naira note must be a kid in this country. Jagaban will call one bank CEO and u expect him or her not to answer .
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by JENNIELAW(f): 8:26am On Jan 30, 2023
Exactly my dearπŸ‘
jumper524:
All these one sided make way news.

The reality on ground is that here in Abuja when bank choke everywhere. People are relieved by the extension.
I wonder how states like kogi, kwara and all those state when robbers Don pursue bank go take cope.
POS operators and other business that weren't willing to risk it were stale yesterday. They had very few patronage cos even those that have it were not willing to spend it yet.
To those Dull brains who think this policy affects politicians, those mumus should think Again.

Didn't you observe how big men were packing tons of new cash from banks easily while you que at the Atm?
Those big men and politicians are the first holders of this new cash.
Bank managers are cashing out big on them, they'll sell 70% to the elites and leave you the plenty massed to struggle for 30% assume this extension didn't happen and people become more stranded till election period, vote buying would be much cheaper and easier cos scarcity of money brings value.
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by FashionCookie(f): 9:41am On Jan 30, 2023
jumper524:
All these one sided make way news.

The reality on ground is that here in Abuja when bank choke everywhere. People are relieved by the extension.
I wonder how states like kogi, kwara and all those state when robbers Don pursue bank go take cope.
POS operators and other business that weren't willing to risk it were stale yesterday. They had very few patronage cos even those that have it were not willing to spend it yet.
To those Dull brains who think this policy affects politicians, those mumus should think Again.

Didn't you observe how big men were packing tons of new cash from banks easily while you que at the Atm?
Those big men and politicians are the first holders of this new cash.
Bank managers are cashing out big on them, they'll sell 70% to the elites and leave you the plenty massed to struggle for 30% assume this extension didn't happen and people become more stranded till election period, vote buying would be much cheaper and easier cos scarcity of money brings value.
God bless you...leave those oversabi pple make them dey play.
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Parachoko: 10:58am On Jan 30, 2023
nedekid:

In civilized world they don't handle cash as we do. They use cashless payment.
Which he civilised world did their old currency become useless in less than 6 month?
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Parachoko: 11:05am On Jan 30, 2023
omoyami:
What CBN ought to do was to print more of ₦100. The new currency policy states that the ₦1000 and ₦500 notes shall be the store of value. That new ₦200 and lower denominations should be loaded unto the ATMs. So, more of lower denominations should have been our alternatives while they mop up the old ₦1000 and ₦500 notes in the circulation.

It's going to be difficult for politicians to store lower denominations because of the bulkiness.
There's not enough time for the new notes to circulate.

That's why people like me want an extension of 6 month to 1 year.
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by mylove4God(f): 11:56am On Jan 30, 2023
Wiseandtrue:
If you know that the government will extend it from the onset

Gather here grin πŸ™‹πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈπŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ
I no even blink.. Still had my old naira notes with me. This is Nigeria, every mandatory dates definitely gets postpone. NIN registration is still ongoing, despite all the threats

1 Like

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:16pm On Jan 30, 2023
mylove4God:

I no even blink.. Still had my old naira notes with me. This is Nigeria, every mandatory dates definitely gets postpone. NIN registration is still ongoing, despite all the threats
πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜€πŸ˜ƒ

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years / Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" / IRON & STEEL SALES/SUPPLY, FABRICATIONS @ BEST PRICES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.