Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,068 members, 7,845,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline (46419 Views)

BREAKING: CBN Raises Loan To Deposit Ratio To 65%, Gives Fresh Deadline / CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React / Nigerians React To Sani Dangote Son Engagement To Malaysian Billionaire Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by ghiloman28(m): 8:54pm On Jan 29, 2023
The fearless. ASIWAJU ogun.

Nigeria will be great again with TINUBU

2 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Reelmii: 8:54pm On Jan 29, 2023
...i dont even have problem with date change so long as the Every ATM can dispense the new currency

the unavailability of it is the major problem the masses are facing
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Yksoul(m): 8:54pm On Jan 29, 2023
I am not partisan what is the essence of depositing old money when new ones are not available? We queue in few banks that have it why?

1 Like

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by odinga1of: 8:55pm On Jan 29, 2023
Whois:
Oni ranu angry

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin this is too funny
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by OriOko88(m): 8:55pm On Jan 29, 2023
chiefolododo:
We are okay with 31st of December. But if you must extend, extend it to 5th of February.
Why.. Do u think that will stop politicians from hoarding d notes or will curb vote buying. U be clown if u believe such

3 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by DSC7: 8:55pm On Jan 29, 2023
BATified2023:
I can feed u n your father conveniently

Werey feed urself quality food first .......

Before you see me you go fill forms tire,....

Engaging you irritates me....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2023
BATified2023:
imagine if over 20 governors control bank managers
Imagine if over 30 senators n other political office holders call different bank executives for money

U must b very stupid if u think tinubu won’t have access to new notes
he will have access to new money but cbn will not print enough for the tunubu guy to buy votes. and pls are u trying to confirm to me that drugnubu wants to use money win election?
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by ultimateprof: 8:58pm On Jan 29, 2023
chiefolododo:
We are okay with 31st of December. But if you must extend, extend it to 5th of February.

Be like say you don smoke abi?

1 Like

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 29, 2023
ghiloman28:

he is not fit enough to rule

1 Like

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by DSC7: 8:58pm On Jan 29, 2023
ghiloman28:

This one wey dem dey always remind wetin he go talk if he hold microphone......

Power supply,,,, power suply... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

1 Like

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by ScamHunter: 8:58pm On Jan 29, 2023
Iamgrey5:
"You mean Urchins(code word for Yorubas)" in Peter Obi supporters voice. cheesy

Because most Peter Obi supporters are high on something at this moment.

Peter Obi supporters are immune from the current economic situation.
Urchins are not Yoruba. They're Tinubu supporters wherever they're found.

1 Like

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Wipper7000: 8:59pm On Jan 29, 2023
Abba114:
what you need to understand is that tinubu can deposit as much as he wants but cant wthdraw enough to buy votes.
That is why you got it wrong. The people that be affected will be the ordinary man on the street and not Tinubu or ObI or Atiku.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by BenedictAbajue(m): 9:00pm On Jan 29, 2023
dustmalik:
The funny thing is, when this policy comes into full effect and people start to see the drawbacks of it, these same people supporting it will be the ones to turn around to blame Tinubu and APC.

The problem we have is lack of foresight. Yesterday alone, two people made transfer to me and I didn't receive their transfer for hours, I didn't get an alert and the value of the transfers also didn't reflect in my bank app. Sometimes it takes unreasonable amount of hours for transfers to reflect.

Imagine you go to a shop to buy something and you make a transfer. The seller says he hasn't receive the transfer. Will you wait for hours?

People are going to experience a lot of drawbacks, including delayed transfers, failed transfers, fake transfer alerts are going to be rampant.

The simple truth is that, the whole system is not ready or prepared for this policy.
If fake transfer doesn't become rampant, there would never be a solution.
Never avoid a problem because there's no solution. A solution comes faster when you have experienced the problem.
Necessity is the mother of inventions
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by BATified2023: 9:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
Abba114:
he will have access to new money but cbn will not print enough for the tunubu guy to buy votes. and pls are u trying to confirm to me that drugnubu wants to use money win election?
so far cbn will still hand over notes to bank managers then the aim will b defeated

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Mccullum: 9:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
I know it's not feasible to stop old naira notes as legal tender in 31st of January, Buhari and Emefiele only working without provisions of address the financial crisis it'll created.

No one stop CBN from collection of old naira Note, the challenges is lack of provisions of sufficient new naira notes in circulation.

2 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by BATified2023: 9:02pm On Jan 29, 2023
DSC7:

Werey feed urself quality food first .......

Before you see me you go fill forms tire,....

Engaging you irritates me....
poor boy filling funky

If we check your post now we go see where u dey beg money

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Temptee101(m): 9:03pm On Jan 29, 2023
Tochi3:
grin

Nobody cared about Nigerians for the past 7 & half years.... the yrs of suffering of Nigerians was never news..Election don dey approach...Naira change & swap don become top news & suffering don reappear again.. grin grin

Zombies cum urchinsons must get sense by fire by force..

Don't mind them my brother

2 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Tochj(m): 9:06pm On Jan 29, 2023
Iamgrey5:
"You mean Urchins(code word for Yorubas)" in Peter Obi supporters voice. cheesy

Because most Peter Obi supporters are high on something at this moment.

Peter Obi supporters are immune from the current economic situation.
Urchins are not a name for Yorubas
But Tinubu dogs who are ready to lick his ass.
They are united in mischief
Igbos are there
Hausa are there
Yoruba are there
Urchins are unrepentant Evils who don't want anything good.
There are the ones who voted Buhari twice.

1 Like

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by justmondris: 9:12pm On Jan 29, 2023
Opportuneke:
This is becoming unbecoming.

Is this the first time we will rebrand our currency in this country?

Sanusi Lamido did it without problems and also Charles Soludo.

So what happened to Emefiele for God sake?

CBN is really stressing the masses in this country.

It’s the wicked commercial banks and the corrupt politicians that are stressing the masses. The problem is that the cabals cannot swap their billions of Naira that are buried in the soakway to the new notes.
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Ebowo(f): 9:18pm On Jan 29, 2023
grin🀣🀣🀣🀣
Wiseandtrue:
If you know that the government will extend it from the onset

Gather here grin πŸ™‹πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈπŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ

1 Like

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Lionmachala(m): 9:22pm On Jan 29, 2023
Wiseandtrue:

No be today... We no their patter

3 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by OriOko88(m): 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2023
edungene7:
My only joy is that after Feb 10 alot of old naira notes go turn tissue paper for Tinubu backyard
You be mumu if u think a lot of naira notes go turn tissue paper for tinubu backyard.

Most of the kids who littered nairaland sef cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Alliswell248: 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2023
iwaeda:

CBN is not really prepared to be honest. ATMs still paying old notes. But this hit BAT like sticks. grin grin grin angry grin

How pls?
Grow up and stop playing petty politics.

The person you mentioned has influence more than you can imagine.

Don't let bitterness and unnecessary hatred becloud your sense of reasoning..

Why the hate? What is his problem with your life?

4 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by SenatePresdo(m): 9:33pm On Jan 29, 2023
Wiseandtrue:

They will still extend it again.

4 Likes

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by canDy4eva(f): 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2023
Those boys (online fraudsters) that stack cash at home, how market?

1 Like

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by iwaeda: 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2023
Alliswell248:

How pls?
Grow up and stop playing petty politics.

The person you mentioned has influence more than you can imagine.

Don't let bitterness and unnecessary hatred becloud your sense of reasoning..

Why the hate? What is his problem with your life?
See awon influencer. A certified drug user.APC campaiging against APC and Buhari grin grin grin grin
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:44pm On Jan 29, 2023
SenatePresdo:

They will still extend it again.
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by BreconHills(m): 9:45pm On Jan 29, 2023
dustmalik:
The funny thing is, when this policy comes into full effect and people start to see the drawbacks of it, these same people supporting it will be the ones to turn around to blame Tinubu and APC.

The problem we have is lack of foresight. Yesterday alone, two people made transfer to me and I didn't receive their transfer for hours, I didn't get an alert and the value of the transfers also didn't reflect in my bank app. Sometimes it takes unreasonable amount of hours for transfers to reflect.

Imagine you go to a shop to buy something and you make a transfer. The seller says he hasn't receive the transfer. Will you wait for hours?

People are going to experience a lot of drawbacks, including delayed transfers, failed transfers, fake transfer alerts are going to be rampant.

The simple truth is that, the whole system is not ready or prepared for this policy.

Lots of tears to come this week. And as for vote buying the policy has only hardened the votes of each party. There are hardly anymore swing voters.
Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by doneback04: 9:45pm On Jan 29, 2023
Anything vote buying is for tinubu because he knew he can't win peter obi rather than buying vote

1 Like

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by windvane(m): 9:49pm On Jan 29, 2023
BATified2023:
There are many dumb people in Nigeria, how people believe the policy will affect big men is still a surprise to me

I went to return old notes in bank on Saturday n d queue was killing, some jeeps came n a man ( probably a messenger to a big man) went to d security n gave him d phone

Before we knew what was happening 2 bankers came out n allowed them take him enough bags of money

I just laughed at some fools who believe people like tinubu will b affected

So they are telling us someone like peter obi that has large stakes in fidelity banks will have a problem with new notes

you should know most Nigerians think with their anuses....if tinubu can control 2 billion vans to his house,new note got to him before Buhari sef see am,I am sure of that

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by windvane(m): 9:52pm On Jan 29, 2023
DSC7:

See how you are shamelessly praising a renowned criminal....

Poverty is indeed very bad...

Tueeeehhh on your empty skull....
the problem with you is that you are scared of the truth...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline by windvane(m): 9:54pm On Jan 29, 2023
Abba114:
they can get cash for him but it will not be enough to votes that can win him the election and also i am not a peter obi supporter i am just a concerned nigerian that wish for free and fair election
stop fooling yourself bro,rented crowds at campaign rallies are paid new notes....

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years / Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" / IRON & STEEL SALES/SUPPLY, FABRICATIONS @ BEST PRICES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.