Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,211 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Extracurricular - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Extracurricular (985 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extracurricular by emofine(f): 12:14am On Sep 09, 2011
If your partner was an actor and was required to participate in a kissing or love scene with another colleague. . . honestly how do you think you would feel?
Re: Extracurricular by deniyor: 12:15am On Sep 09, 2011
It's her job and it goes with it. You knew that before you started dating her so I don't see why it would be a problem.
Re: Extracurricular by MrsChima1(f): 12:32am On Sep 09, 2011
He could also sleep with her unprotected without condoms. I wouldn't have any issue with it. undecided
Re: Extracurricular by HighChief4(m): 3:50am On Sep 09, 2011
@OP----If your partner was a doctor and had to diagonise a n[i]u[/i]de patient, how you gonna feel
Re: Extracurricular by claremont(m): 7:48am On Sep 09, 2011
I expect the highest level of professionalism from "professionals". I wouldn't feel anything; BUT if at the end of the day, I suspect foul play, then we may go our separate ways via the necessary divorce procedures. Life is too short to be miserable! cool
Re: Extracurricular by ice234: 8:10am On Sep 09, 2011
Thank God someone else is doing my duty for me.
Re: Extracurricular by emofine(f): 8:24am On Sep 09, 2011
Lol @ Mrs. Chima  and ice234

deniyor:

It's her job and it goes with it. You knew that before you started dating her so I don't see why it would be a problem.

That is correct, such partners are obviously aware of what the occupation enquires of their other half . . . but I can't imagine it being easy for some people to watch their loved ones make out with another individual.

I think I'll be numb to it even though I feel such intimate connection could be a gateway or catalyst to further attraction - after all some relationships onscreen translated into real life regardless if one or indeed two of the actors were in a committed relationship.

However for that duration of that actors role I do believe he/she seizes to be the partner of their other half, and when someone adopts another persona such person may momentarily not be attached to their previous partners . . . I think
Re: Extracurricular by emofine(f): 8:30am On Sep 09, 2011
High_Chief:

@OP----If your partner was a doctor and had to diagonise a n[i]u[/i]de patient, how you gonna feel

In all honesty I would not feel threatened. I know there are anomalies but many of those situations are not engineered to be "romantic" or secrete attraction . . .  the "n[i]u[/i]d[i]e[/i]" patient more often than not is the one that feels vulnerable but of course I wouldn't mind if my partner was a Doctor cheesy

claremont:

I expect the highest level of professionalism from "professionals". I wouldn't feel anything; BUT if at the end of the day, I suspect foul play, then we may go our separate ways via the necessary divorce procedures. Life is too short to be miserable! cool

. . .well at least someone is beginning to consider if such attraction becomes concrete . . .
Re: Extracurricular by iice(f): 9:56am On Sep 23, 2011
Errh his/her job undecided
Anyway, some couples break up, others still go strong.
I imagine Daniel Day Lewis's wife to have a fascinating time with her husband cheesy
Re: Extracurricular by pendo89(f): 10:09am On Sep 23, 2011
^ nice to see u back. love ur purple short precise answers.

Would feel nothing.That is his profession.Not all married couples have insecurities.
Re: Extracurricular by Nayah(f): 10:13am On Sep 23, 2011
Hi my dear, I would think this is his job, in fact I've leant that I shouldn't show off my frustration or any insecurity because you have to be confident and having strong mind, then he'll respect you more since he'll see you're understanding and not weak, and it counts for the future knowing you can count on someone who's mentally strong
Re: Extracurricular by iice(f): 10:27am On Sep 23, 2011
pendo89:

^ nice to see u back. love your purple short precise answers.

Would feel nothing.That is his profession.Not all married couples have insecurities.

Thanks smiley
Good to see you're still here wink
Re: Extracurricular by emofine(f): 10:56am On Sep 23, 2011
iice:

Errh his/her job undecided
Anyway, some couples break up, others still go strong.

. . .yep . . . it's just my thoughts playing overtime though . . .you know I just wonder if someone was to recite a particular scene/verse over a period of time they could either grow de-sensitized at such repetition or it could begin to take meaning in their lives . . .I'm just teasing out meanings though. . .

iice:

I imagine Daniel Day Lewis's wife to have a fascinating time with her husband cheesy

Lol how comes?

pendo89:

^ nice to see u back. love your purple short precise answers.

Agreed.

. . .alternatively insecurity doesn't have to even fit in the equation. I recall an old interview with Fergie (who was dating an actor at the time) and she admitted that she enjoyed watching her boyfriend act love scenes as it turned her own . . .

Nayah:

Hi my dear, I would think this is his job, in fact I've leant that I shouldn't show off my frustration or any insecurity because you have to be confident and having strong mind, then he'll respect you more since he'll see you're understanding and not weak, and it counts for the future knowing you can count on someone who's mentally strong

Tres vrai smiley
Re: Extracurricular by MMM2(m): 11:00am On Sep 23, 2011
i will be happy undecided
Re: Extracurricular by Nayah(f): 11:01am On Sep 23, 2011
wink wink wink wink
Re: Extracurricular by shutlling: 11:01am On Sep 23, 2011
Hi Nayah,

ain't a stalker, hardly even come on NL. Just stumbled on a topic that took me to your PROFILE, I must say u'r such a beautiful gal.

Won't mind your friendship, if you don't mind, u may please  mail me on bjbouky@yahoo.com

Just a mail with simply "Nayah" would do. Hoping to hear from you soon, Thanks
Re: Extracurricular by Nayah(f): 11:04am On Sep 23, 2011
^^ thanks for your compliment my brother but why don't we talk quietly now first, I'm not really in a hurry to give amy email, hope you'd understand smiley
Re: Extracurricular by shutlling: 11:12am On Sep 23, 2011
from your few post I have read, I have always sensed you are courteous. Thanks for at least responded.

I quite understand you, though really don't have time, that's y it seems I'm too in a hurry but will respect your opinion.
Re: Extracurricular by shutlling: 11:22am On Sep 23, 2011
It does mean I'll always check on you anytime am on here, till the probation is over, lol

got to go now. enjoy ya day
Re: Extracurricular by Nayah(f): 11:26am On Sep 23, 2011
thx for understanding brother smiley
Re: Extracurricular by iice(f): 11:44am On Sep 23, 2011
emofine:

. . .yep . . . it's just my thoughts playing overtime though . . .you know I just wonder if someone was to recite a particular scene/verse over a period of time they could either grow de-sensitized at such repetition or it could begin to take meaning in their lives . . .I'm just teasing out meanings though. . .

It could be either way. I think sometimes, those who quit their previous relationship are either not satisfied with their previous relationship or are taken the chemistry of the present.

emofine:

Lol how comes?

He has a reputation for embodying his characters. It's one of the reasons he's a consummate actor and why it takes him long to make films, because it takes him a while to shed a character.
Re: Extracurricular by emofine(f): 11:55am On Sep 23, 2011
iice:
He has a reputation for embodying his characters.  It's one of the reasons he's a consummate actor and why it takes him long to make films, because it takes him a while to shed a character. 

wow . . .okay now this is perhaps a case study . . .I wonder if the feelings he was supposed to depict (whether hatred/lust etc) still lingered after his role had ended  . . . it sounds kinda schizophrenic to me though undecided
Re: Extracurricular by iice(f): 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2011
I think some residual character/feelings do remain until they wean it out.  It's just how they deal with it, that differs. 
Isn't that the rumour (or maybe truth) about the death of Heath Ledger. 
Daniel Day takes a while.  Two years before he did 'There will be blood'.  Others have three, four, five movies in a year, he does one a year or one in two/three years. They said while he was filming Gangs of New York, he talked in the New York accent all day, sharpened his knife at knight, would not change his costume. But to him it's a process. Understanding a character and delivering it.
Re: Extracurricular by shutlling: 4:00pm On Sep 23, 2011
Nayah, just checking on you. hope ur good.

(1) (Reply)

Dating A Virgin Is: / How To Solve Spiritual Problem / I'm In A Confuse State...don't Knw What To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.