Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,640 members, 7,958,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:56 AM

Marriage: Is It Worth It? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage: Is It Worth It? (13860 Views)

My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by N101: 5:06pm On Sep 16, 2011
Tgirl4real:

@ N101

lol  grin

Just do the girly thing letz see if it will work. but, u will be wasting your time if your husband is anything like mine  tongue

The girly thing? My sister, I had a former work colleague train me on the girly thing and it failed miserably (worked wonders for her - she's now got an iPhone 4! grin)

If you have any other girly tactics I could use, let me know (but I suspect our husbands might be related!)
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 4:17am On Sep 17, 2011
Lol @ N101

Don't worry ehn. Pray for a change of heart grin. You will get the Iphone4 grin. I am an Iphone lover, never liked Blackberry. When the Iphone4 came out, you guys should have seen me turn to a wonderfully made and perfect wife to my loving husband. The guy noticed the change and kept asking me what I was up to grin. Now that the rumour for iphone5 abi they call it Iphone4S is out, i need to re-polish my skills again cool and still hope for a RR sports cry .I can manage a Landrover freelander if there is no RR sports. cry
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:15pm On Sep 17, 2011
"@N101

I guess so too. sad

Jenny,

U still dey dream about this RR Sport . . . grin
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 19, 2011
Tgirl

Obama had a dream that he became president. I am dreaming of RR sports, my dream must come to physical manifestation grin, that's why I am the daughter of an unlimited creator. cool
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:07pm On Sep 19, 2011
Yes o grin
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by otokx(m): 4:18pm On Sep 19, 2011
keep on dreaming
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by N101: 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2011
otokx:

keep on dreaming

Spoilsport!  Why you wanna throw sand in a sister's Garri?  angry tongue
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by omoba4real: 3:52pm On Nov 07, 2011
Please read this inspiring story about marriage:

When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said, I've got something to tell you. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes.

Suddenly I didn't know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know what I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly.

She didn't seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why?

I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man! That night, we didn't talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn't love her anymore. I just pitied her!

With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company.
She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten years of her life with me had become a stranger. I felt sorry for her wasted time, resources and energy but I could not take back what I had said for I loved Jane so dearly.
Finally she cried loudly in front of me, which was what I had expected to see. To me her cry was actually a kind of release. The idea of divorce which had obsessed me for several weeks seemed to be firmer and clearer now.

Read the rest of this story here http://soinspiringstories..com/2011/10/marriage.html
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Tgirl4real(f): 5:52pm On Mar 26, 2012
Read dis story then. Anoda case study sad

I read some comments here again and it brightened my day esp dat of CC, Ronke n Jenny. Cant really remember d others. All the adultery/wife battery thread don tire me.

Thank God we still hav some marriages that are working.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by aliciab: 4:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
@mide14.
I understand completely how you feel.l too am a married female and most times I feel the whole institution of marriage is overrated.
For those male writers who cry about the loss of freedom I personally think it is worse for women particularly in these parts.I personally feel that as a woman once you are married there are so many rules and restrictions which I personally loathe. Couples can no longer have close friends of the opposite sex,you can't be seen in certain places or be out at certain times.lits like you have to give up your individuality and conform and for me this sucks.
I personally agree with writers who advocate for time span contracts for marriages.this might be an unpopular view now but let's not kid ourselves but when you say I do for life there are no guarantees that you and your partner might outgrow each other .As one writer pointed out most persons married for 10 years and above are just tolerating each other and I say that is no way to live.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
^^^ interesting point of view and also realistic
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 4:38am On Apr 03, 2023
One of the best things in life! Marry someone worth it. Don't ignore the blatant red flags that you WILL see early on. Certainly before you get married. Every divorce I have ever seen ignored the red flags.

I'll marry a woman if she's just as attractive and has no romantic experience. I'll continue banging mediocre women God sends my way until then.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by teemy(m): 2:14pm On Nov 06, 2023
izaga3:
grin grin grin
Holla,

Contact in signature below.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Nick Vujicic And Family (photos): God Is Good / Husband Seeks Divorce Over Food, Threat To Life / Husband Allegedly Poisons Wife For Being Barren

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.