Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,498 members, 7,826,873 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence (4043 Views)

Tension In Jos As Election Tribunal Set To Rule On Plateau Gov. Elec. Today / Six Family Members Killed In Renewed Jos Violence / Over 20 Feared Dead In Fresh Jos Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by OAM4J: 4:22am On Sep 10, 2011
Jang Blames FG For Recurring Jos Violence

PLATEAU State Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau says Federal Government’s indecisiveness in dealing with perpetrators of the violence in Jos is responsible for the recurring crisis in the state, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.

He made the observation in Jos yesterday at the state’s Executive Council meeting, the first to be held since he returned from a two-week medical vacation.

He expressed sadness over the recent violence in the state and the entire nation, saying such was disheartening, considering recent efforts made particularly by the state Security Council.

“I have always said that when investigations are carried out in Abuja and you don’t see any report and no action is taken, then it becomes difficult for Plateau to act.

“Until the federal government makes up its mind that we should really sit down and put an end to this nonsense, there is nothing Plateau can do on its own.

“I want to assure the good people of Plateau that honestly, we have had enough. The federal government and I are going to take every action to ensure that the crisis comes to an end in Plateau and also in the country.”

He added: “If after the elections we have enjoyed some peaceful periods, then it started in other parts of the country and came back to Plateau again, then it has to be dealt with through combined efforts.

“I also want to task all the security agencies in the country to rise up to this embarrassing security challenge and put an end to this nonsense here in Nigeria.”

Jang stressed the need for the security agencies to re-strategise, saying that a situation where a few people plunged the whole country into crisis was not acceptable.

“I want to assure the people that the teamwork in our administration will drive away all enemies of Plateau out of the state, because we just won’t allow this madness to continue. Never again!

“We are not driving anybody from Plateau, but if you don’t want to live in peace, then go elsewhere. Peace, we must have in Plateau, and this peace is not negotiable,” he stated.

The governor stressed that government would stop at nothing to ensure that peace and security of lives and property were guaranteed in the state, promising that government would take a decisive step to address the security challenge and appealed to the citizens to remain calm.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60585:jang-blames-fg-for-recurring-jos-violence&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by OAM4J: 5:41am On Sep 10, 2011
About time GEJ takes serious action. This has got to stop.
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by ASANIGBO(m): 5:55am On Sep 10, 2011
NA

THEM

SABI
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by chamber2(m): 8:16am On Sep 10, 2011
This man is talking nonsense!

Is he not the chief security officer of the state?

Why wait on the federal govt before protecting your people?

Incompetence is the word.
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 10, 2011
Not only the Federal Govt should be blamed. But also the Libyan Govt and the Ghanaian Govt.

Ignorant f**l. . .
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by sinaoye(m): 8:59am On Sep 10, 2011
The Governor is blaming the federal government now. The same man who said he received security report that there will be an attack on Sallah day and still went ahead to travel out of the country because according to him, he made all security arrangement before leaving and his trip cannot be shelved. For peace to reign in the plateau, all interest group, community leaders, political groups and youths need to come together and trash out there differences.
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by Abagworo(m): 8:59am On Sep 10, 2011
Jang is a lucky man because GEJ is too lenient.If this were OBJ,he would have vacated that seat and faced judgement.How could a sitting Governor arm civilians to kill Muslims in his State and blame the FG for vengeance from the Muslims.That crisis will never end until Jang steps down and faces judgement.
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by reindeer: 10:05am On Sep 10, 2011
Methinks they all share the blame
If the doofus GEJ had taken drastic actions after all the different committees and panels submit their reports, the situation may have been helped. All the Ewu just does is to constitute more panels. angry
Jang is a silly man but so is the sitting president who never takes action. They tr=throw blames around while people are being killed daily.
This is just too sad and annoying.
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by chamber2(m): 10:08am On Sep 10, 2011
reindeer:

Methinks they all share the blame
If the doofus GEJ had taken drastic actions after all the different committees and panels submit their reports, the situation may have been helped. All the Ewu just does is to constitute more panels. angry
Jang is a silly man but so is the sitting president who never takes action. They tr=throw blames around while people are being killed daily.
This is just too sad and annoying.

This problem have been lingering for a long time, even during OBJ tenure. Don't blame GEJ on this he can't perform magic.
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by saniby: 10:12am On Sep 10, 2011
J. janG ur words are inciting, u don't talk like a leader, rather u speak like a coward trying to please a segment of the society you govern. since when do u realise u need the FG to stop the violence u ve fuelled with ur words and actions. my God save the situation.
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by Orblonde: 10:25am On Sep 10, 2011
Mr Governor, Just make sure that when they are splitting the country you are on the southern side, Although ur people will be the buffer between the north and south, so you go still hear am. sad
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by Pukkah: 10:35am On Sep 10, 2011
@chamber2, on what basis is the Governor of a state the Chief Security Officer when he does not command any security agency? He's just a Security Officer on paper.
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by chamber2(m): 10:51am On Sep 10, 2011
Pukkah:

@chamber2, on what basis is the Governor of a state the Chief Security Officer when he does not command any security agency? He's just a Security Officer on paper.

But he can effectively command them to rig elections?
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by goggs(m): 11:21am On Sep 10, 2011
i think the Federal authorities can do more. In several instances the governor has complained that the security agencies ignored his directives and even intelligence information and no one seriously countered that fact. Indeed its a complaint that has been made very often in other states.

I agree he has to do more than rhetoric and take steps to reach out to all segments of society, Jang is gradually losing the respect of even his own people because of his known divisive politics in Plateau.

He needs to open up to all segments and show genuine concern to end the crisis. Why, you can ask, is this low level terrorism bedevilling the plateau that has more people in the intelligence services than most states? He will never be short on advice, but the continuation shows he has aliented the very people who should help or he is not taking advice.

Meanwhile people need to make issues of security into their own hands by forming vigilante groups that will confront this mauraders, even if its with bow and arrows. It will serve as a deterrent. This act of falling asleep each night with two eyes closed is just not it.
[/color]
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by skydeexie(m): 11:29am On Sep 10, 2011
My people, are we not all hypocrites in this matter? Why blame the Governor now. I remember the last time he gave a shoot at sight order to anybody found burning churches/mosques, killing or maiming people, he was roundly condemned by all and sundry. He is not even in control of the various security outfits. He must receive orders from the Federal Government before he can ask soldiers to take action. What are we saying now?
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by AMINSCO(m): 12:32pm On Sep 10, 2011
GOV jonah Jang u should stop or minimize your drinkn habit nd stop blaming the federal govt.u re the real cos all
the mess that is happn in the once peacefull n lovn state.Why should someone that needs to protect the live n
properties of its citizens will b the one destroyn them.Wake up mr JANG.May God forgive u .U re so lucky dat our
dear BABA IYABO is not in charge,u could ve finishd ur tenure.u re only d Gov of BIROMS.U want it to become
BIROM state.
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by mallorca(m): 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2011
they are the same people,
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by reindeer: 2:33pm On Sep 10, 2011
chamber2:

This problem have been lingering for a long time, even during OBJ tenure. Don't blame GEJ on this he can't perform magic.

So Doofus GEJ has no responsibility in this matter?
His absolutely incompetent. How many committees has he set up concerning this problem?what has been done with their reports?
The governor is being foolish with his utterances but i think the president has also shown no leadership, no responsibility and no interest in really tackling this problem. A president with guts will probably have done more by now.
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by djustice: 3:05pm On Sep 10, 2011
Jang needs to follow the example of the "core" Northern Governors, who have armed private militias. The Yoruba example is probably better, with a standing army and airforce now in place.

The Fulani and their Hausa servants will only bow to superior force. Take the fight to them in their states. Invade Bauchi and Kano, for instance with a sustained and long drawn-out guerilla warfare, just as the Fulanis are doing in Jos now, link up with the Tivs, Idomas and Jukuns, and organize strikes into Sokoto, Gwandu and Babangida's hilltop mansion, and the attacks will stop. I promise you.
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by saniby: 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2011
@djustice
I do hope that u include ur village in the list of ur proporz violence pts. For idoma, Tivs & jukuns they are no mercinaries of ur foolishness & midiocrity. by the way what do U stand to get fuelling killing and devastation in peaceful areas? I hope u r not a witch happy when blood is shed. bei guided pls.
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by Abagworo(m): 6:04pm On Sep 10, 2011
djustice:

Jang needs to follow the example of the "core" Northern Governors, who have armed private militias. The Yoruba example is probably better, with a standing army and airforce now in place.

The Fulani and their Hausa servants will only bow to superior force. Take the fight to them in their states. Invade Bauchi and Kano, for instance with a sustained and long drawn-out guerilla warfare, just as the Fulanis are doing in Jos now, link up with the Tivs, Idomas and Jukuns, and organize strikes into Sokoto, Gwandu and Babangida's hilltop mansion, and the attacks will stop. I promise you.

I suspect that you must be Jang or his brother for thinking this.If a war is allowed between Berom and Fulani,I think Berom will cease to exist within weeks.So do not look for a war you cannot win.2ndly Babangida is a Gwari man and not Hausa.I am still baffled that a Governor will assist in killing of non-indigenes in his State.Imagine where Benue Governor arms civilians to kill Beroms because a Berom won a LGA election in Makurdi.That is so dumb to me.When that incident happened,I immediately predicted permanent killing and counter killing.

If you take a critical study of Nigeria,you will discover that Igbos are the most lenient in terms of vengeance.If the Beroms had killed Igbos,there would still have been peace in Jos and Igbos would have taken it in good faith but never the Fulanis.
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by splitnaija(m): 6:14pm On Sep 10, 2011
Gov. Jang blaming FG for insecurity in his state to me is not the smartest thing to do. FG should remove him and install a Military Administrator since he has openly confessed his incompetence to lead the state. But unfortunately, we have a lame duck for a president at the moment and so nothing is going to change. The killing spree will only continue unabated!
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by kingsuwem: 7:09pm On Sep 10, 2011
The best way to be secured is to be friendly with your neighbours. The world is changing and there cannot be any meaningful development where there is no peace and people are barbaric. It is only primitive people that usually solve problems by violence.
All over the world there is integration of people inorder for a society to develop. As long as ethnicity and tribal politics is given prominence in Jos, they will be no cessation of violence and loss of human lives.
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by Oxone(m): 7:24pm On Sep 10, 2011
We can like to play the blame game in this country. A governor looses control of his state, instead of resigning & giving way to more capable hands, he's here blaming the FG. That's the level we have sunk to.
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by Ucheosefoh(m): 4:23pm On Sep 12, 2011
I think its high time state governments stop depending on FG for security and try to create something like state police equipped and fund them. I cant forget Ngige popular saying dat the FG will not drive on Anambra roads so he wouldnt wait for them to repair or build new roads cus its Anambrans that suffer on those bad federal roads
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Sep 12, 2011
Ucheosefoh:

I think its high time state governments stop depending on FG for security and try to create something like state police equipped and fund them. I cant forget Ngige popular saying dat the FG will not drive on Anambra roads so he wouldnt wait for them to repair or build new roads cus its Anambrans that suffer on those bad federal roads

You mean like the Agberos Latsma boys in Lagos??
Re: Plateau Gov. Blames Fg For Recurring Jos Violence by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:56pm On Sep 12, 2011
^^^^ lol no be dat type I mean

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Leader's Speech: Translated To English / Boko Haram Founder Is Now My Friend And Brother - Femi Fani-kayode / A Must Watch Video: An Interview With A Nigerian Drug Dealer In Thailand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.