Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues (41994 Views)

Reduce Your Electricity Bills With Our Solar Inverters / Buy Solar Inverters, Panels And Batteries At Most Affordable Price 08066602785 / Pay Electricity Bills, Earn Zcoins , Get Solar Inverters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Klevaboy: 10:28am On Feb 16, 2023
bassdow:

You tried.

I would suggest upgrading your panels to 300Watts. Panels are never excess. nothing bad if your batteries goes from 40% to 100% charged before 12PM. and during prolonged rainy days, You no go bother at all.

if your Solar Panels are much bigger than batteries, you put less strain on your batteries during the day, because the Solar Panels would be able to generate more hence the batteries would majorly work at night. For those of us wey dey work round the clock, and from home, we no dey even remember again say e get wetin dem dey call Light. It's SET & FORGET, until there's a fault.

Also change your Fan to RechargeAble fan - those fans that uses batteries. You could buy them NEW or USED. The current draw is very very low. There are reChargeAble ceiling fans also, though I have never used them.

Myself, I am good with electronics and used to building things hence when I got into Solar, I added the experience.

When you get everything, then na battery upGrades you go dey do once in a while so long you go for quality brands, and don't abuse them.

Should I tell you what forced me into using solar, you go understand say some of us don suffer for government hand.

Before I started using solar, I built a laptop battery that could last over 2-days on single charge. Abeg make person no ask make i do for am because nowAdays, i no just get time again, unlike before. Person dey grow up you know.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 6:18pm On Feb 16, 2023
Olatoman:
Utepu, first of, congratulations.

Someone mentioned you should consider adding two additional panels later on, and that is very valid.

More power means the system can carry other loads whilst charging.

To your fridge/freezer usage, I have an advice here.

Get this product from Jumia https://www./catalog/?q=Digital+Plug-in+Timer+Switch (decided to filter so you can select yourself)

It is simply a Digital plug-in timer switch

We use this with our 5kva system, connected to the fridge and freezer.

By 9.30 am it comes on, and by 5 pm, it goes off, that way, we eliminate the risk of draining the batteries when it ought to be charging with dusk approaching.

I have a bit of a concern with the battery installed for you but hope you got about 18 months warranty from the installer for them.

You can purchase Quanta 200ah Batteries when you looking to replace them.
You can check out Sygnites' website for batteries (they are also based in Abuja) https://sygniteng.com/batteries/

Also, for anyone who wishes to have a solar system, but is concerned about the initial capital cost, there is a company called SunFi.co and their aim is to provide financing for such systems.
They are a bridge between verified solar providers/installers and the financing of such systems.

They allow monthly repayment on the solar system, which eases the stress of finance. (up to 36 months if you qualify)

Cheers

Thanks alot for this information, will surely add 2 more 280w panel and also looking at replacing the battery

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by iyke2frankeze: 5:04pm On Feb 17, 2023
odimbannamdi:

You know absolutely nothing about the chemistry of lithium batteries. Please go and enlighten yourself
I don't need chemistry, I need lasting products? From experience, dry cell is more stress-free and trustworthy.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by iyke2frankeze: 5:05pm On Feb 17, 2023
odimbannamdi:

You know absolutely nothing about the chemistry of lithium batteries. Please go and enlighten yourself
I don't need chemistry, I need lasting products? From experience, dry cell is more stress-free and trustworthy. Na who chemistry help?

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 8:43pm On Feb 17, 2023
Compliant:

Thanks alot for this information, will surely add 2 more 280w panel and also looking at replacing the battery

Wow. My battery that i thought is almost dead is now working perfectly, thanks to solar installer that noticed where the fault is coming from.

Both batteries now reading 27v on the inverter and charging very well on nepa and on solar

Now I can use my freezer, fans, bulbs and 55inche TV without stress

Note:

The 55 inches TV is 265w or so
The Freezer is 150w
One of the Fan is 55w, while the rechargeable fan is 25w.

Bulbs are 11w and other 5w
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by odimbannamdi(m): 8:54pm On Feb 17, 2023
iyke2frankeze:

I don't need chemistry, I need lasting products? From experience, dry cell is more stress-free and trustworthy. Na who chemistry help?

Lithium batteries lasts for as much as 10 years, even with the level of abusive usage that an average user mets out to a lead acid battery that could pack it up in 1 year or less.

Lead acid is maintenance-free. No need to top up distill water or do those kind of things.

Even though lithium batteries are expensive, they give the most value for money when compared to other battery types.

Stop spreading false information. Enlighten yourself

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Decentlyproud(m): 9:47pm On Feb 17, 2023
Can a 2.5kva inverter with 2×220AH tubular batteries conveniently power the bolded?

Compliant:

Wow. My battery that i thought is almost dead is now working perfectly, thanks to solar installer that noticed where the fault is coming from.

Both batteries now reading 27v on the inverter and charging very well on nepa and on solar

Now I can use my freezer, fans, bulbs and 55inche TV without stress

Note:

The 55 inches TV is 265w or so
The Freezer is 150w
One of the Fan is 55w, while the rechargeable fan is 25w.

Bulbs are 11w and other 5w
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 10:08pm On Feb 17, 2023
Decentlyproud:
Can a 2.5kva inverter with 2×220AH tubular batteries conveniently power the bolded?

Yes its can, but you need to check the watts of each of these item, then post it here for someone with full experience to give you professional advice sir,

Finally you did not talk of panel sir

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by iyke2frankeze: 7:28am On Feb 18, 2023
odimbannamdi:

Lithium batteries lasts for as much as 10 years, even with the level of abusive usage that an average user mets out to a lead acid battery that could pack it up in 1 year or less.

Lead acid is maintenance-free. No need to top up distill water or do those kind of things.

Even though lithium batteries are expensive, they give the most value for money when compared to other battery types.

Stop spreading false information. Enlighten yourself
You may be talking about battery meant for lighting electric bulbs not heavy equipments. Experience is the best enlightener.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 12:57pm On Feb 18, 2023
To show you that my panel and inverter are working very well, the following items are presently ON and I have switch off NEPA supply inorder to reduce amount of prepared meter purchased monthly.

1 55 inches TV is ON
1 Deep freezer is ON
2 Fans are presently ON

All the above items will be ON till 4pm( 1.e 10am to 4pm) 6 hours strictly on solar

See image of the inverter and other working items

Honestly solar is GOOD

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 1:52pm On Feb 18, 2023
I am getting this from jumia now, just 10w

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by odimbannamdi(m): 1:54pm On Feb 18, 2023
iyke2frankeze:

You may be talking about battery meant for lighting electric bulbs not heavy equipments. Experience is the best enlightener.

😃😃😃

Baba, I speak based on both direct experience and knowledge. Stop speaking emphatically on something you know next to nothing about before you distort the mindset of others.

Cheers!
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by hargbolahan01: 2:32pm On Feb 18, 2023
yomi007k:
Thank you for the information.

I was thinking about this solar thing yesterday too.

What do you need to do for it to carry deep freezer? How much was his workmanship?
I'm Gbolahan Hammed from SHINE POWER (Solar and CCTV company)
As for your question....2.5kva/24V is enough if the freezer is energy saving fridge cause they consume less but if it normal fridge you can go for 3.5kva/24V
Note: it can power it with other load like TV lighting fans etc

You can contact us for more info 08134808470
Shinepower01@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by iyke2frankeze: 1:53pm On Feb 19, 2023
odimbannamdi:

😃😃😃

Baba, I speak based on both direct experience and knowledge. Stop speaking emphatically on something you know next to nothing about before you distort the mindset of others.

Cheers!
Oga do you have an inverter or Solar?
Which capacity do you have?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by odimbannamdi(m): 2:07pm On Feb 19, 2023
iyke2frankeze:

Oga do you have an inverter or Solar?
Which capacity do you have?

I have 2 units:

1. 2 units of 160ah fullriver lead acid batteries connected to 1.5kva transformerless inverter with a 40ah Suoer charger, hooked up to 2 units of 540w tier 1 mono panels via a 60a Powmr MPPT solar charge controller

2. 1 unit of 135ah lithium battery purchased from a Nairalander, Val.to, connected to a 0.8kva transformer inverter with a 30ah lithium charger and same solar array as above.

If you want pics, come to my dm and I will gladly send you pics. So you see why i said I speak out of experience. I am not arguing to win at all. Calm down and learn... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by iyke2frankeze: 2:16pm On Feb 19, 2023
odimbannamdi:

I have 2 units:

1. 2 units of 160ah fullriver lead acid batteries connected to 1.5kva transformerless inverter with a 40ah Suoer charger, hooked up to 2 units of 540w tier 1 mono panels via a 60a Powmr MPPT solar charge controller

2. 1 unit of 135ah lithium battery purchased from a Nairalander, Val.to, connected to a 0.8kva transformer inverter with a 30ah lithium charger and same solar array as above.

If you want pics, come to my dm and I will gladly send you pics. So you see why i said I speak out of experience. I am not arguing to win at all. Calm down and learn... cheesy
As long as it serves you well. Mine serves me well.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by oloet: 11:09pm On Feb 19, 2023
Freech:

I need more info on this lithium battery. There's this one I got Kartel product 200ah 12v, I had to return it for gel. Pls how's ur configuration?
I am interested in this your kartel lithium battery submission
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by KiooDomains: 7:31am On Feb 20, 2023
Compliant:
Images Nice, nice. I am also aware that the Arnergy Solar system uses powerful lithium-ion batteries with 10-15 years of service life, and they are compatible with powering AC, Freezers, Microwaves, Cold rooms, data centers, and all forms of domestic and industrial equipment.

Although their systems are a bit expensive but then I get that with all the benefits and five years warranty and allow you to pay in monthly installments.

So to the best of my knowledge, the least system they sell is a 3kva with a maximum load of 3,000W. It comes with 6 Units (2.31kwp) Solar PVs, a 5kW inverter, and a Lithium-ion battery (5.4kWh/48V).

Website - https://arnergy.com/our-products/attached
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Machini(m): 6:32am On Feb 23, 2023
I took the pains of going through this entire thread and I discovered something, no one mentioned exactly how much a lithium battery costs, but everybody was quick to say "it's expensive". Not even one. But the costs of dry cell and tubular batteries were being thrown around.

Please, how much would a lithium battery cost?

3 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 8:54pm On Feb 23, 2023
Machini:
I took the pains of going through this entire thread and I discovered something, no one mentioned exactly how much a lithium battery costs, but everybody was quick to say "it's expensive". Not even one. But the costs of dry cell and tubular batteries were being thrown around.

Please, how much would a lithium battery cost?

We are talking of around 500,000 or so for 1 depending on brand as compare of 150,000- 160,000 for tubular
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by IDYLLICTEC: 3:00pm On Feb 24, 2023
Reach out to Idyllic Technologies for Premium Power Backup Systems, Equipments, and Accessories. We're just a call away or Pay us a visit @ 7 Kudirat Abiola Way Oregun Ikeja.........

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 5:50pm On Feb 24, 2023
Greetings All.

Please I need someone to help me with this information.

Need to know the wattage of BRUHM BTF-55UDASP 55 inches LED TV as I to get one

Thanks
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 5:53pm On Feb 24, 2023
Question: expert on inverter, please is it advisable to connect stabilizer while using inverter?

As in, my TV is connected via stabilizer, freezer is connected via another stabilizer, also I fredge with double door is connect to stabilizer.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by oloet: 6:03pm On Feb 24, 2023
Compliant:
Question: expert on inverter, please is it advisable to connect stabilizer while using inverter?

As in, my TV is connected via stabilizer, freezer is connected via another stabilizer, also I fredge with double door is connect to stabilizer.

You don't need a stabilizer for your inverter loads, you only need one when you are connected to the grid
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 6:08pm On Feb 24, 2023
oloet:

You don't need a stabilizer for your inverter loads, you only need one when you are connected to the grid

Yes I know I dont need stabilizer when connected via inverter, I just want to know the disadvantage of using stabilizer when on inverter and the reason I am asking is that it is not always easy to be putting the stabilizer OFF AND ON
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by oloet: 11:39pm On Feb 24, 2023
Compliant:

Yes I know I dont need stabilizer when connected via inverter, I just want to know the disadvantage of using stabilizer when on inverter and the reason I am asking is that it is not always easy to be putting the stabilizer OFF AND ON
The voltage coming from your inverter is always constant and stable so if you use the stabilizer while you are on inverter, the stabilizer will only add to the loads on your inverter thereby increasing the strain on your battery bank without doing any work per say , the stab consumption is determined by it size and load connected to it... I hope this makes sense

You only need a stab if your grid supply is not stable and this should be connected inline before the inverter (avoid backfeed) ..

2 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 7:45pm On Feb 25, 2023
oloet:

The voltage coming from your inverter is always constant and stable so if you use the stabilizer while you are on inverter, the stabilizer will only add to the loads on your inverter thereby increasing the strain on your battery bank without doing any work per say , the stab consumption is determined by it size and load connected to it... I hope this makes sense

You only need a stab if your grid supply is not stable and this should be connected inline before the inverter (avoid backfeed) ..

Okay thank you sir
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by zeestone99(m): 11:41am On Feb 27, 2023
Always ensure to protect the input and output of your inverters with this Avr/current limiter especially If you use hybrid inverters

AVR/current limiter - 10k
DC breaker 2pole (10a - 63a) - 6k

Call/chat - 08117398294 to order.

Quick delivery nationwide.

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Machini(m): 12:43pm On Feb 27, 2023
Compliant:

We are talking of around 500,000 or so for 1 depending on brand as compare of 150,000- 160,000 for tubular

Thanks so much
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Jean2(m): 2:46pm On Feb 27, 2023
Please help! I have a De-bull 2500VA-24V-50A inverter with 2 x 200Ah tubular battery connected to it using a 100AH breaker, every time I switch on the breaker, it trips and comes with error message.

What can I do to rectify, please

I just realised that what should be the AC mains cable was swapped with the (inverter) Output!

Manufacturer error!

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by mangolpupa: 4:44pm On Feb 27, 2023
Compliant:
I am getting this from jumia now, just 10w

Please what is your feedback on this fan. Is it stable and blows well ? Have you been able to verify that it's 10W?

Thanks in anticipation

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World / Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire / Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.