Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,876 members, 7,828,116 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues (41944 Views)

Reduce Your Electricity Bills With Our Solar Inverters / Buy Solar Inverters, Panels And Batteries At Most Affordable Price 08066602785 / Pay Electricity Bills, Earn Zcoins , Get Solar Inverters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 10:11pm On Feb 13, 2023
Lionnation:
is this the battery kit you paid 150k for with labour, na waoo how can you buy a 200ah battery for that amount, I am using solar for the past one year, with the amount you spent you are suppose to power a complete duplex with at least one fridge and one AC

I saw one 200amh dry cell battery and the owner said its 200,000 last last.

That is to tell you these people knows original battery from fake Sir.

Kindly see below for another quote from a company I contacted

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by yongg: 10:19pm On Feb 13, 2023
bassdow:

You tried.

I would suggest upgrading your panels to 300Watts. Panels are never excess. nothing bad if your batteries goes from 40% to 100% charged before 12PM. and during prolonged rainy days, You no go bother at all.

Also change your Fan to RechargeAble fan - those fans that uses batteries. You could buy them NEW or USED. The current draw is very very low. There are reChargeAble ceiling fans also, though I have never used them.

Myself, I am good with electronics and used to building things hence when I got into Solar, I added the experience.

When you get everything, then na battery upGrades you go dey do once in a while so long you go for quality brands, and don't abuse them.

Should I tell you what forced me into using solar, you go understand say some of us don suffer for government hand.

Before I started using solar, I built a laptop battery that could last over 2-days on single charge. Abeg make person no ask make i do for am because nowAdays, i no just get time again, unlike before. Person dey grow up you know.

I agree. It is not the end. I plan to optimize the system over time. It was just the most sensible thing to install considering the power situation. It has already proved cost effective while unoptimized, so there's room for improvement.

Actually, It reaches the battery equalization phase by around 12pm - 2pm typically daily. It reaches float almost daily except during cloud cover and dark rainy periods. Also I don't turn on all devices simultaneously except during rare days when the sun is just being super with the delivery and it's all clear and bright.

Your 2-day battery build sounds really amazing I won't mind to get the info on it smiley

I hope you don't stop building, I would like to start learning fundamentals of magnetism and electromagnetism, coil building... I have been seeing wonderful stuffs like how a 33W input voltage can return the power of a 3-5kva easily. If I succeed, energy issues will be gone, like forever, lols.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 10:38pm On Feb 13, 2023
Mynd44:

But why will you turn on 8 bulbs na?

That is the problem.
My flat alone has 27 working bulbs inside and 6 bulbs outside .

So At night all 6 bulbs outside are always ON for security reasons while

inside I put ON only 2 to 3 bulbs at night
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by SurpluxLimited: 10:47pm On Feb 13, 2023
Are you in Lagos or Abuja?
Do you still need the Solar installation, inverters, tubular inverter batteries with durability and high performance from a reliable brand?
Pls WhatsApp o8o32261712 for price chart/qoutation.
Thank you.

yomi007k:
Thank you for the information.

I was thinking about this solar thing yesterday too.

What do you need to do for it to carry deep freezer? How much was his workmanship?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by SurpluxLimited: 10:53pm On Feb 13, 2023
Do you still need the Solar installation, inverters, tubular inverter batteries with durability and high performance from a reliable brand?
Pls WhatsApp us o8o32261712 for price chart/qoutation.
Thank you.

NOETHNICITY:
Iā€™m very interested
Someone billed me 2.3m for 9panels, 4batteries and 5k a inverter system
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by SurpluxLimited: 11:09pm On Feb 13, 2023
jmoore:
What solar installations do I need to power a submersible water pump of 1.5 horsepower?

Pls WhatsApp us on o8o32261712 for price chart/qoutation.
Thank you.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 11:13pm On Feb 13, 2023
xynerise:

8 bulbs with how many watt?

11w

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by yongg: 11:13pm On Feb 13, 2023
SurpluxLimited:

Thank you.

Just write one message in a post and copy the names/moniker of the person you would like to reply. They will all see it. No need to spam the message and it saves time and keeps things tidy. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by SurpluxLimited: 11:15pm On Feb 13, 2023
Porpulace:

Can it carry fridge and washing machine Sir? Have you tried?

Do you still need the complete Solar/Inverter installation? Sales of inverters, tubular inverter batteries, solar panels with durability and high performance from a reliable brand?
Thank you
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 11:32pm On Feb 13, 2023
Lightorder:
that your fan has speed and consumes less power. I know it
You are enjoying o

Truly it has speed but I just check now and its 55w

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by ediko5(m): 11:34pm On Feb 13, 2023
MiniImportation:
O ya long story short come buy oooooh.

It support all laptops It works minimum of 12 hours and upto 26 hours uninterrupted when is fully charge Portable and dependable Tested and confirmed to have a long lasting battery.

Very Input: Charging voltage DC 16volts 5Amps Output: DC 17V-20V, 3.7A auto 100watts - 150watts solar panel demands it) Dimensions: 160x 160 x 90 mm good and in excellence condition. What is in the pack: 1-CT Mobile Laptop Powerbank 320wh 1- Power Bank Charger 1-Laptop connecting cable 1-Users' guide 1- Laptop connecting cable It comes with 2 Years Guarantee on the powerbank and we can customize and build any capacity based on your need. Note:- This product is produced & Marketed by SultanSpeaks Pharm Ltd.

We promised that you would enjoy using it and please read the user manual well. 100watts - 150watt panel will be ideal for it.

If you're base in Rivers state or close, I'll buy it cos I need a mobile inverter
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by ameh99: 12:00am On Feb 14, 2023
yomi007k:
Thank you for the information.

I was thinking about this solar thing yesterday too.

What do you need to do for it to carry deep freezer? How much was his workmanship?

Depend on the size or energy consumption of the freezer

Deep freezer energy consumption ranges from about 90w upward
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by ameh99: 12:09am On Feb 14, 2023
The pain of solar is actually the huge money you spend on batteries..

When you invest well in batteries then you will enjoy your system for a very long time

And that's why we recommend you opt for lithium batteries

2nd life lithium has an average lifespan of about 3 to 7yrs if not more
While grade 'A cells can last twice

The initial investment is all it takes..

We build lithium battery pack of various sizes..
Check my sign..

2 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by MiniImportation: 12:30am On Feb 14, 2023
ediko5:

If you're base in Rivers state or close, I'll buy it cos I need a mobile inverter
I'm in delta state right now eku Baptist hospital to be precise.

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by zeestone99(m): 12:47am On Feb 14, 2023
Kingju:

Lithium batteries are expensive.

Not exactly if you factor the cost in the long run. Divide by 8 to 16yrs.

Some lithium batteries manufacturers will give you between 5 - 10yrs warranty and up to 6000 cycles.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by zeestone99(m): 12:50am On Feb 14, 2023
main24:

Chief, that assumption has been debunked here by users.
Aside dry cell battery being safer, the maintenance has zero cost. It can last as many years are you want. kiss

All they need do is buy quality dry cell batteries. My clients do average of 3 to 5years for their batteries. This is possible when you don't discharge below 50percent

2 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by zeestone99(m): 12:58am On Feb 14, 2023
Compliant:

That was the mistake I made and that is why this thread was created to educate people, if i had known that dry cell is not good why on earth will i buy even 2 for that matter

Sorry bro. You bought the wrong ones , and you didn't stick to routine maintenance of AGM batteries
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Lightorder: 6:36am On Feb 14, 2023
Compliant:

Truly it has speed but I just check now and its 55w
that should be 55w maximum consumption. May not need to run on the max to conserve energy, Fan is an inductive load which consumes much if not properly managed. That is why OX fans drain much. An OX fan of same wattage with a TV set still consumes way higher than the tv.
When your inverter is a pure SINE wave , it helps the fan to run smoothly at great speed below Max setting

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by omakay(m): 8:28am On Feb 14, 2023
Compliant:

Oga oya share image of this fan and also link on jumia if you have pls

At the highest speed, it dolls out 30watts. I have done the test before.

In reality, the highest speed I use is the 2nd speed.

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Draei: 8:38am On Feb 14, 2023
Uniquewise:

HTF. 219 Silver
My camera didn't do it justice, so had to resort to stock photo, exact same thing I have

Thank you.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 8:41am On Feb 14, 2023
zeestone99:

Sorry bro. You bought the wrong ones , and you didn't stick to routine maintenance of AGM batteries

After buying the battery, I left it on the ground for like 1 month plus and was told it wrong to do that.

It will not happen again
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by zeestone99(m): 9:52am On Feb 14, 2023
Compliant:

After buying the battery, I left it on the ground for like 1 month plus and was told it wrong to do that.

It will not happen again

Yes it's wrong to do that, there must be charge going into the battery even when full. It's called float charge.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by odimbannamdi(m): 11:24am On Feb 14, 2023
iyke2frankeze:

I use dry cell. The lithium battery does not take much time before it will start having problems and requiring change of acid but dry cell will last until the duration without any pro. My friends who bought lithium are envying me right now. Secondly I have move to a bigger office which forced me to disconnect and reconnect the battery and nothing happened to it.

You know absolutely nothing about the chemistry of lithium batteries. Please go and enlighten yourself

2 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Babakolanut(m): 2:54pm On Feb 14, 2023
Observations noted sir,thanks
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by 5pecterGray(m): 7:09pm On Feb 14, 2023
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by 5pecterGray(m): 7:16pm On Feb 14, 2023
šŸ‘šŸ¼
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by 5pecterGray(m): 7:22pm On Feb 14, 2023
šŸ‘šŸ¼
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by 5pecterGray(m): 7:23pm On Feb 14, 2023
šŸ‘šŸ¼
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by jarmy: 1:37pm On Feb 15, 2023
I installed mine myself. No inverter, I use ups as inverter. 12v solar panel of 340w.

Load of about 150w.

I use it for my tv, table fan and 3 bulbs of 5w each.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by habumaks(m): 5:01pm On Feb 15, 2023
Hi guys,

This is my setup. I did everything myself (with my little knowledge). Inverter (3500watts), 3 tubular batteries (220A each), 6 Panels (130W each). My question is this - The Charge Controller is 20A, is it ok or do I need to get a bigger one.

Thanks for your response

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Klevaboy: 1:10am On Feb 16, 2023
Olatoman:
Utepu, first of, congratulations.

Someone mentioned you should consider adding two additional panels later on, and that is very valid.

More power means the system can carry other loads whilst charging.

To your fridge/freezer usage, I have an advice here.

Get this product from Jumia https://www./catalog/?q=Digital+Plug-in+Timer+Switch (decided to filter so you can select yourself)

It is simply a Digital plug-in timer switch

We use this with our 5kva system, connected to the fridge and freezer.

By 9.30 am it comes on, and by 5 pm, it goes off, that way, we eliminate the risk of draining the batteries when it ought to be charging with dusk approaching.

I have a bit of a concern with the battery installed for you but hope you got about 18 months warranty from the installer for them.

You can purchase Quanta 200ah Batteries when you looking to replace them.
You can check out Sygnites' website for batteries (they are also based in Abuja) https://sygniteng.com/batteries/

Also, for anyone who wishes to have a solar system, but is concerned about the initial capital cost, there is a company called SunFi.co and their aim is to provide financing for such systems.
They are a bridge between verified solar providers/installers and the financing of such systems.

They allow monthly repayment on the solar system, which eases the stress of finance. (up to 36 months if you qualify)

Cheers

Thanks for this info, please is the Sunfi legit?

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Olatoman(m): 7:31am On Feb 16, 2023
Klevaboy:

Thanks for this info, please is the Sunfi legit?

Companies like Arnegy make use of them.

They are extremely legitimate, as that's where I am also.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World / Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja / Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.