Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues (41990 Views)

Reduce Your Electricity Bills With Our Solar Inverters / Buy Solar Inverters, Panels And Batteries At Most Affordable Price 08066602785 / Pay Electricity Bills, Earn Zcoins , Get Solar Inverters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by xynerise: 8:33pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:

With about 8 bulbs on from 6:30pm to 6:30am no single bar will leave the inverter, mind you my inverter has 4 bar

8 bulbs with how many watt?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Uniquewise: 8:34pm On Feb 13, 2023
Draei:

How much did you get the thermocool freezer and can I see a pic of it

HTF. 219 Silver
My camera didn't do it justice, so had to resort to stock photo, exact same thing I have

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 8:34pm On Feb 13, 2023
lakeside30:

with 500k,can 1 get a very good solar system

freezer
59 inch tv..led
dstvdecoder
fans 2
light bulb 5

if yes,pls contact me 07037595005

Absolutely not possible except you are looking for who to lie to you.

Just 1 panel of 280w is around 75,000 to 85,000 NOW, what of inverter? What of battery?

3 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 8:37pm On Feb 13, 2023
Porpulace:

Can it carry fridge and washing machine Sir? Have you tried?

Honestly I did not try BUT my washing machine does not consume power so I know for sure it will carry it but the fridge I doubt it as I only tried by error for 1 hour and it worked

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 8:39pm On Feb 13, 2023
faceland:
No be small money sha, we are talking 700k... Do you use it during the day or it only for night?

I have a neighbor that use solar (next compound). Even his dogs has a joy that only freedom from NEPA can give.

During the day, it work perfectly with 55inches TV, fan and bulbs since there is sun but at night, I only use bulbs and fan

2 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 8:46pm On Feb 13, 2023
bassdow:

What you have can handle the FRIDGE, but I would ADVICE AGAINST using fridge on it so as to PROLONG the life of the BATTERIES.

If You must use the FRIDGE, and not put excess stress on the BATTERIES, I suggest you watch for when the Batteries are 100% full - some charge controllers have LED light indicators that indicates such.

If the time is before 4PM in the afternoon, you could connect the FRIDGE for 1 or more hours BUT ensure you disconnect latest 4PM so the batteries could reFILL before Night fall.

Meanwhile, that person shortChanged you on 300WATTS. Installers tend to prefer lower WATTs panels because of not just lower cost, but size. 300WATTs panels are often bigger in physical size.

with cost of things recently, those of us who got in earlier are very THANKful.

Dont mind some of these installer , I wanted to get 8 pieces of 150w and he told me it's better to get 4 pieces of 300w only for him to deliver 280w of felicity product.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by chatinent: 8:49pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:

Many will tell you they have the experience yet know just a little about it, that was how the first person I contacted to install for me was telling me to buy charge controller when it was boldly written in the inverter that its has inbuilt charge controller.

I’ve had a similar bad experience too. It’s discouraging.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by NothingDoMe: 8:49pm On Feb 13, 2023
bassdow:

I created a rainFountain around mine. I used 6pcs showerHead all connected to hose and runs down the building. During harmattan season, or during prolonged absence of rain, I just connect the hose to the tap and that cleans the panels automatically. Me no fit dey rent ladder to climb roof everytime
Lol. I had this plan! But I had too many people around me that said i was overdoing it.

E for pure well with the pressure pump.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:51pm On Feb 13, 2023
If you are within warri, effurun and it's environs and you want to clean /wash your Solar panels you can reach me out.
Oh lie oh seas lie lie lie fine seas fine one or search for DNM Solar and solar Cleaning Service.

See you soon
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by ASAPFERG1: 9:03pm On Feb 13, 2023
xynerise:
8 bulbs with how many watt?
10w each will be ok
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 9:03pm On Feb 13, 2023
ModCaller:
Do not use dry cell battery. They do not last. Once it clocks 1 year, it will begin to drain extremely fast.

Use wet cell battery or lithium battery (if you can afford lithium battery). Wet cell needs regular topping of distilled water tho.

That 160k would have gotten you 220ah wet cell battery.

That was the mistake I made and that is why this thread was created to educate people, if i had known that dry cell is not good why on earth will i buy even 2 for that matter
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 9:06pm On Feb 13, 2023
Owaincouncil:
And someone did for me same December here in Lagos at 2,050,000. (Two Million, fifty thousand naira only) though he use hybrid battery for me and 12 panels of 450watts each.

The same coy also did 7kva for my oga at 6.5m with 2 big lithium battery.

Things are very expensive now sir

Same panel I bought for 82,000 last December someone bought it for around 45,000 mid last year

2 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2023
zeestone99:

The lifespan of lithium batteries are above 10 years

Wow

At least if no money for lithium battery one should get with cell instead of dry cell
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Obakoolex(m): 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2023
Zico777:
Bro, Solar energy is the way to go!
No noise, no pollution & very cheap in the long run. Speaking from experience!
Neighbors hardly know u are home, because there's no noise unless they hear the sound of your appliances.
Please share more information on your positive experience.... probably number of engineer that did yours
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Lightorder: 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:

No Sir. But someone told me ceiling fan is also good but I dont know how true and I am not a fan of ceiling fan
that your fan has speed and consumes less power. I know it
You are enjoying o
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 9:09pm On Feb 13, 2023
ModCaller:

Dry cell lasts about a year, not 2 years. After 1 year, it will start draining very fast. What used to last for 10 hours will start lasting for 2 hours. The only advantage is that it doesn't need maintenance.

You should have bought wet cell battery for the same price. That one needs regular topping of distilled water

Nobody told me this until I already dipped my hand in the fire and that is why this thread was created to educate people. I cannot fall for this mistake again NEVER
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 9:11pm On Feb 13, 2023
bassdow:

...and it's SUPER EASIER buying an INFERIROR LITHIUM battery I never mention the SUPER EXTRA care LITHIUM batteries need

Sir what is the best brand of wet cell battery now for 200amh and price if you have idea pls share
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 9:13pm On Feb 13, 2023
oladele00:
It's the best. I have got one installed in my place and since I work from home, I make use of it from 9 am to 4 pm. Once it's 4 pm, I switch it off and on it around 7 pm, watch movies from 7 to 10, off the tv, and make use of the Dc fan till the morning. It's the way to go. No government will do this for you

Kindly share for configuration sir for people to learn.

Thanks
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 9:15pm On Feb 13, 2023
omakay:

The fans at 60wats is not low enough. I use DC fans of 30watts.

Solar is the way to go when you use low energy consuming electronics.

OX fan people, this matter no concern una oo.

Oga oya share image of this fan and also link on jumia if you have pls
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by kingviny: 9:20pm On Feb 13, 2023
With the high cost of petrol, having inverter in your house is sine qua non.

What's your budget? I can design and install a good solution for you and also professionally advising you on Power Auditing, LPCD and HPCD plan , maintenance plan and cost saving options without compromising on quality.

If you want to extend your life span and you want your wife / girlfriend and children to always say "Up Daddy! Instead of up Nepa " .... Go inverter /solar now!

Momentum Vinay Technologies
WhatsApp :- 08109946200
Call:- 07013280710
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 9:20pm On Feb 13, 2023
seunjungle1:
This kind of a thing is not for people wey dey manage oo... One million plus for solar inverter. That money go do small business that can add additional value to life

This solar will add additional value to the life of my children also as it will help to reduce noise of Generator and they can enjoy their sleep at night in this heat period.

Another reason is that my children hate darkness and love sleeping with light

Infact, its because of my children I decided to go solar, as for me no time to even watch tv
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 9:24pm On Feb 13, 2023
Amosbaba:
You made a good investment, I'm an installer based in Lagos. I don't know the point you're trying to make but I can say your storage is not bad for your loads and if you intend more hours of usage add 2 more Panels of 280w capacity to the existing 4pcs. As this will enhance fast charging of your batteries even while in use with the daily a available sun hours.

I intend getting 2 more 280w felicity panel with 2 wet cell battery by this month End God willing.

Thanks
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by zeestone99(m): 9:28pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:

Wow

At least if no money for lithium battery one should get with cell instead of dry cell

Buy tubular (flooded batteries). Make sure you install outdoor or in a ventilated environment.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by zeestone99(m): 9:30pm On Feb 13, 2023
jjxxx:

You are very correct. U truly are into solar. Many customers prefers installers that gives a cheap quotation. I do encounter this problem always. The funniest thing is that they still run to me for help after installing a cheap solar system from another installer. One thing with me is that I do not compromise quality. If u can’t afford my quotation, it’s good u find an installer that will do a cheap job for u and u cry later. So I have my reputation. All I have installed for boldly recommend me.
Now imagine using 4 panels of 280w for two 200ah batteries. Except the user is using very few load during the day. 280Wx4 is 1120w. And panel is not 100% efficient. So u can not generate up to 1120w power from that panel. Let me stop here to avoid long note.
Thank u for ur input, u know the work.

That's the thing they always fall victim. And the cost of rectify cost double what they should have spent in the first place.

Don't ever compromise quality my brother. Those that wants quality will locate you.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by bassdow: 9:32pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:

Sir what is the best brand of wet cell battery now for 200amh and price if you have idea pls share

There are many though quite pricey. Popular in the market are Eastman and Luminous Solar Tubular Battery

As for price, it's location dependent and not stable since our INDEPENDENT has chosen to be DEPENDENT on the $.

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 9:39pm On Feb 13, 2023
Adexgentle005:
Nothing beats staying in an environment where there is constant power supply. Why is no one talking about using solar during raining season? Here I pay 25k to ikeja electric that’s 300k in a year for a constant power supply

Here in Abuja I buy aedc unit of 6000 every week if I dont use AC and water heater
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Kingju: 9:42pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:

True talk but the mistake I made was buying 2 200amh dry cell battery should have gone for 2 200amh lithium battery as a friend said it's more powerful and easy to maintain or so

Was also told dry cell battery life span is around 2-3 years while lithium battery is around 5years but I dont know how true it is

Lithium batteries are expensive.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 9:46pm On Feb 13, 2023
MrDoGood:

I thought about getting one last year, but I've decided to move to games village. The light is 24hrs. The collapse of national grid didn't affect them. Rents are around 4m+, but it's okay. And once you're in, you can easily get information about houses for sale.

Thanks for your information

Thesame games village here In Abuja and you are saying you have 24hours light? Very funny because my office have 8 blocks of 3 bedroom flat for its staff in same games VILLAGE and I know how much diesel we buy to run the 100kva there.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by yongg: 9:59pm On Feb 13, 2023
bassdow:

I created a rainFountain around mine. I used 6pcs showerHead all connected to hose and runs down the building. During harmattan season, or during prolonged absence of rain, I just connect the hose to the tap and that cleans the panels automatically. Me no fit dey rent ladder to climb roof everytime

Hi, I would like to see the installation of the fountain.

I thought about this while preparing for the installation of mine, but my budget had been surpassed and it was a rented space so I needed to limit my roof work and plan strategically for a possible future expansion.

My system is a
300W (0.3KVA) PSW Solar Inverter,
220AH Safe power Deep cycle battery ( I believe it's gel, it's also second handed)
20A/100V MPPT (Rigorous research got me this, I'm so satisfied with it)
2 x 170 W (340W total, efficiency estimated:0.3*340 (realistic expectation of about 100W for 3-6 hours of daylight)) Solar Panels

It cost me 300k - 400k NGN to install mid 2022.

My load profile:
5W LED Bulb
3W LED Bulb (cold lumens, that is that yellow hue/color light, I actually prefer the hot color, the pure white but it was unavailable)
1 19V Dell Laptop
1 850VA UPS (I charge this during peak sunlight of the day)
1 180W Refrigerator (I run this during peak sunlight when battery is fully charged between 30mins to 2hrs, If there's something critical to refrigerate, a 2 hour run is sufficient to last the freezer compartment of the refrigerator 2 days, so I can skip 1 day and allow it replenish battery charge better the following day, not all day sequences are perfect because of cloud cover. In addition, I use timed switches in order not to overload them batteries, because one may not always be there to monitor the time and manually switch these things off, so it's all programmed to a T).
1 35W Standing Fan: this is the most surprising appliance, I guess it's because of the induction coils. draws a whole 5A on its lowest speed(which is nothing to write about really) and 6.2A on the highest. It proved the most challenging to program into the timed switches because when the heat waves comes, it comes, non-dependent of time of day but with temperature and humidity with the bottomline being how much battery charge you have left and the work schedule ahead.
1 4.5kg washing machine run only during peak of day and battery is equalizing

Because of the way I have programmed my living, the priority device is the laptop. I also have IR Solar Lamp that come on when motion of a heated body is detected to compliment navigation between the two rooms, restroom.

So far, this is the 8th month of use and I am extremely satisfied with it. It has already covered the its cost equivalent to PHCN already. When I have time I will make better cost-benefit analysis of the system. Worst Lv1 case scenario is that the battery packs up and that's ok. I will still have value of the MPPT, the solar PV panels, cables and inverter. It is so much better than roaming the surroundings looking for petrol(gas) (Oh how I dislike going out unnecessarily), mechanic for servicing, oil replacement, buying and replacing parts, suffering from the noise and air pollution (problem here is that you won't be able to control your neighbors that aren't using solar/inverter)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 10:00pm On Feb 13, 2023
sickitatedatyou:
Oga uno Sabi lie o, weytin deep freezer de do for your children room?

Not everybody you see online is like you sir

I stay in a 3 bedroom apartment, my children of age 5 and 3 share 1 room, my wife, myself and last kid share 1 room , while the 3rd room is setup for visitors but because I bring office work home I prefer staying in the visitors room and so my first 2 kids always want to stay with me in the visitors room. So I had no choice than to put the deep freezer there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by main24(m): 10:07pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:

That was the mistake I made and that is why this thread was created to educate people, if i had known that dry cell is not good why on earth will i buy even 2 for that matter

Chief, that assumption has been debunked here by users.
Aside dry cell battery being safer, the maintenance has zero cost. It can last as many years are you want. kiss

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by bassdow: 10:10pm On Feb 13, 2023
yongg:

Hi, I thought about this while preparing for the installation of mine, but my budget had been surpassed and it was a rented space so I needed to limit my roof work and plan strategically for a possible future expansion.

My system is a
300W (0.3KVA) Inverter,
220AH Safe power Deep cycle battery ( I believe it's gel, it's also second handed)
20A/100V MPPT (Rigorous research got me this, I'm so satisfied with it)
2 x 170 W (340W total, efficiency estimated:0.3*340 (realistic expectation of about 100W for 3-6 hours of daylight)) Solar Panels

It cost me 300k - 400k NGN to install mid 2022.

My load profile:
5W LED Bulb
3W LED Bulb (cold lumens, that is that yellow hue/color light, I actually prefer the hot color, the pure white but it was unavailable)
1 19V Dell Laptop
1 850VA Ups (I charge this during peak sunlight of the day)
1 180W Refrigerator (I run this during peak sunlight daytime when battery is fully charged between 30mins to 2hrs, If there's something critical to refrigerate, a 2 hour run is sufficient to last the freezer compartment of the refrigerator 2 days, so I can skip 1 day and allow it replenish battery charge better the following day, not all day sequences are perfect because of cloud cover. In addition, I use timed switches in order not to overload them batteries, because one may not always be there to monitor the time and manually switch these things off, so it's all programmed to a T).
1 35W Standing Fan: this is the most surprising appliance, I guess it's because of the induction coils. draws a whole 5A of its lowest speed(which is nothing to write about really) and 6.2 on the highest. It proved the most challenging to program into the timed switches because when the heat waves comes, it comes, non-dependent of time of day but with temperature and humidity with the bottomline being how much battery charge you have left and the work schedule ahead.

Because of the way I have programmed my living, the priority device is the laptop. I also have IR Solar Lamp that come on when motion of a heated body is detected to compliment navigation between the two rooms, restroom.

You tried.

I would suggest upgrading your panels to 300Watts. Panels are never excess. nothing bad if your batteries goes from 40% to 100% charged before 12PM. and during prolonged rainy days, You no go bother at all.

if your Solar Panels are much bigger than batteries, you put less strain on your batteries during the day, because the Solar Panels would be able to generate more hence the batteries would majorly work at night. For those of us wey dey work round the clock, and from home, we no dey even remember again say e get wetin dem dey call Light. It's SET & FORGET, until there's a fault.

Also change your Fan to RechargeAble fan - those fans that uses batteries. You could buy them NEW or USED. The current draw is very very low. There are reChargeAble ceiling fans also, though I have never used them.

Myself, I am good with electronics and used to building things hence when I got into Solar, I added the experience.

When you get everything, then na battery upGrades you go dey do once in a while so long you go for quality brands, and don't abuse them.

Should I tell you what forced me into using solar, you go understand say some of us don suffer for government hand.

Before I started using solar, I built a laptop battery that could last over 2-days on single charge. Abeg make person no ask make i do for am because nowAdays, i no just get time again, unlike before. Person dey grow up you know.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World / Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire / Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.