Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

No Finance, No Romance! - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / No Finance, No Romance! (11247 Views)

No Romance Without Finance? / No Finance,no Romance...how True? / No MONEY, No ROMANCE ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Finance, No Romance! by lololo(m): 2:00pm On Sep 01, 2007
No Finance, No Romance!, NA WOW OOOH U NO GET MONEY U DAY GO LOOK 4 WOMAN, WOMAN IS = TO MONEY NO MONEY IS = TO RUN LIVE ME, grin grin

Re: No Finance, No Romance! by CrazyMan(m): 2:07pm On Sep 01, 2007
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by jewelking(m): 4:37pm On Sep 01, 2007
na wah o, 9ja girls r like snails na where comfort dey dem want.
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Ka: 12:57am On Sep 02, 2007
Gamine,

Would you date someone who (while not rich) had what it took become rich - i.e. he was smart, creative, hardworking - and who was aware of his responsibility to provide for his family?
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Seun(m): 1:16am On Sep 02, 2007
If a particular poor man has what it takes to become rich, then why is he not rich?
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by A40(m): 2:11am On Sep 02, 2007
Yeah but i dont spend mine on no hoe i would rather Bleep for free i have spendophobia(aversion to spending on

chics).Unlike most guys that would spend their life savings on these hos brown nosing them and taking them out to

eat and shit i treat you hos like hos i tell them "Look you without me is like d'banj without don jazzy you would never

go platinum"

A-40 aka dont touch my money
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by mellow(m): 9:09am On Sep 02, 2007
Sidon look na Dog name[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by jerodawiz(m): 10:03am On Sep 02, 2007
A-40:

Yeah but i don't spend mine on no hoe i would rather Bleep for free i have spendophobia(aversion to spending on

chics).Unlike most guys that would spend their life savings on these hos brown nosing them and taking them out to

eat and shit i treat you hos like hos i tell them "Look you without me is like d'banj without don jazzy you would never

go platinum"

A-40 aka don't touch my money
A-40 Welcome to Da LXG, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Cant spend on a biaatch neither. they are all same grin
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 02, 2007
Money definitely isn't everything.

It would appear most ladies these days are getting more and more materialistic. There are folk who are rich, but are on their own - sure they may jump into bed with various ladies, but are they happy? For the most part, the answer's no.

I'm pretty lucky myself, I'm by no means rich, but I'm comfortable. I have a lovely fiancee who loves me, and has been with me through my darkest hours, when I was definitely poor, and struggling to make ends meet, build up my business. She was always there for me, and always will be.

Now, we both earn good money, and are happy and fullfilled. But, we know we'll be together, for richer or poorer. I would NOT swap my life now, be a millionaire and be on my own, with just casual relationships with ladies who most likely have their beady eyes on the main chance - my fortune.
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 02, 2007
A-40:

Yeah but i don't spend mine on no hoe i would rather Bleep for free i have spendophobia(aversion to spending on

go platinum"

A-40 aka don't touch my money

Lol, too much Snoop Doggy Dogg.
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Seun(m): 1:04pm On Sep 02, 2007
Beware of a poor man that becomes rich. When a man becomes rich he becomes less tolerant of his partner's shortcomings because he now has a choice. He now has lots of other girls giving him attention!
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by hitsales(m): 3:16pm On Sep 02, 2007
Hey Guys!!

what's this hullabaloo about Money and Love!! It's quite emphatic that these two(money & Romance) goes together. One can expect a lady to fend for a guy or for the lady to go about doing the love giving,, what Im trying to say is this:- The Guy is in control, he's the one who shud showers much love for a reciprocal gesture from the lady. It's a thing about sharing. Give and it shall be given to. So if the guy aint in control (without money) it aint gonna get what he deserves. This is not about personality, looks and the likes. Atleast you just have to have something to splash on the lady, you know like getting her something very nice and stuffs, Do I get an Amen to that? wink
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by donmayor(m): 3:26pm On Sep 02, 2007
I believe I read it somewhere that if a man's wife does not know how to save, the man can never be rich. Everyone is looking to raise his status in life so it is expected that money suppose dey pocket before u go scope woman although moni should not be the primary motive for the woman to say yes but should assist.
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by seuniyanda: 4:28pm On Sep 02, 2007
damn i like girls that knows their worth,and i think at the same time poverty mentality has eaten up the brains of nigerian girls, anyway i have money to spend around,any honey interested should, it is a must, contact me now.

Guys don't regret being a guy, "they" must bow at your feet, if you have money, so go out there and make more money
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by ferdimako1: 5:31pm On Sep 02, 2007
Mr Seun should get ready to get married or hooked with all these women blabbering here. Why do women want men? They should go and work, for things they need. Put your hands where your mouths are! Pathetic people!
Last time I said something about women with my ferdimako username. Mr seun banned me. Now I have open another username-ferdimako1, he hasn't banned me and am not pleading. But now, this thread has confirmed my point. These people are meant for shagging but if a man has more money he gets more shaggings. LOL. True talk for pretenders!
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by chillbabe(f): 6:56pm On Sep 02, 2007
Well this confirms the way i was seeing most Nigerian Lady's.As a woman who respect herself u need to provide for yourself.

As for me i don't need a man with money. I want to work hard with my man to get a comfortable life. Cause that's the only way the relationship has a change to succeed and we will respect each other.
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by JeSoul(f): 11:18pm On Sep 02, 2007
chillbabe:

Well this confirms the way i was seeing most Nigerian Lady's.As a woman who respect herself u need to provide for yourself.

As for me i don't need a man with money. I want to work hard with my man to get a comfortable life. Cause that's the only way the relationship has a change to succeed and we will respect each other.

preach it my sister! I couldn't agree with you more. Too many men have the wrong impression all ladies are golddiggers.
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by bluesky4(f): 11:22pm On Sep 02, 2007
Money isnt everything, but a guy needs to at least be financially stable, im not saying they have to be rich. I can not date some1 who is broke, or has not ambition.
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by bishopxl(m): 11:57pm On Sep 02, 2007
hi for gal like u to think like that sori just got to say u kind of fallow embarassed
dis day n age gal who think this way get to find themselves by themselves
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by na2day2(m): 6:35am On Sep 03, 2007
sista, dey there u hear, u go old, dey wait for money. where i dey, i no need to fish, fish dey jump inside my canoe

Re: No Finance, No Romance! by sweetchick(f): 10:06am On Sep 03, 2007
I just have to post a comment now.
Sometime ago, I dated a guy who was not well off. I have a very comfortable job and I am well able to take care of myself. However, my boyfriend was super sensitive in the issues of finance. He hated it when I spent money on myself or did things for my self that he could not afford to. I was very careful not to make financial demands on him. Then he resented my not making demands saying he was not good enough for me. Eventually we broke up which hurt a lot.
Now I have decided never to date any guy who is financially zero. By that, I mean decent job, accomodation and good future prospects. As I said before, I am hardworking and can take care of my self. But I believe a guy has to be financially OK to feel confident ( Guys, correct me if I am wrong). After the heartache I heve had, I am not ready to go thru it again.
Money is not everything but it sure makes things easier. I think I have learnt that the hard way. What do y'all think?
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by tkb417(m): 4:40pm On Sep 03, 2007
@sweetchick
truetalk. money aint everything. remove money from ur life, my bruv, my sis ure a living dead. no sane chick will listen to u.
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by na2day2(m): 10:37pm On Sep 03, 2007
ovularia, i must say, u r wrong. yes, many guys feel uncomfortable if they cant take care of their own, but that is natural, it is instinct in a sane man but if u handle ur biz properly, i can assure u, ur man will respect u even more. the main problem here is head education, look back at many old couples in nigeria, many i have meant too, the women even earned more than their men, some of the men were flat broke but they both come to have a proper heart education and know that they both are one, and share both the joys and the pains. so if u were flaunting cash b4 the guy and buying urself stuff, definately na u cause am. there are a billion ways u can do it and it will neva hurt him. u can both go out, and let him choose something for u every now and then, and if u had given him the money or credit card (assuming u trust him that much) earlier, he does the paying, that will ease just abt everything. in today's america, an educated woman without a job feels insecure if she cant get her man something at christmas, thanksgiving, on his birthday etc not to talk of a man that feels it is his duty to provide. WISDOM IS THE KEY GIRL! u might have lost ur one true sweet heart.

FYI: read proverbs 31 and learn what a real woman does at different circumstances

sweetchick:

I just have to post a comment now.
Sometime ago, I dated a guy who was not well off. I have a very comfortable job and I am well able to take care of myself. However, my boyfriend was super sensitive in the issues of finance. He hated it when I spent money on myself or did things for my self that he could not afford to. I was very careful not to make financial demands on him. Then he resented my not making demands saying he was not good enough for me. Eventually we broke up which hurt a lot.
Now I have decided never to date any guy who is financially zero. By that, I mean decent job, accomodation and good future prospects. As I said before, I am hardworking and can take care of my self. But I believe a guy has to be financially OK to feel confident ( Guys, correct me if I am wrong). After the heartache I heve had, I am not ready to go through it again.
Money is not everything but it sure makes things easier. I think I have learnt that the hard way. What do y'all think?

Re: No Finance, No Romance! by sanmius(m): 10:44am On Sep 04, 2007
Why should money dictate the pace of romance?

It's obvious that ladies that value money over romance don't know what it's all about and need to learn from Gabrielle Solis in "Desperate Housewives"

They are never satisfied or happy at the end of the day.

Let there be moderation in all you do! wink
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by jayvin01: 11:34pm On Sep 04, 2007
romance is good but money makes it better and sweeter, thats the fact!, in romance with no finance, its gonna be full of dull moment and shitty daydreams grin grin

Re: No Finance, No Romance! by sanmius(m): 8:43am On Sep 05, 2007
@jay

i quite agree than finance can serve as a booster to your romance but if there's true love, you'll find a way around it
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by omekele(m): 10:47am On Sep 05, 2007
The roots of all evils is money
ladies, you have to make sure you
understand your guy before you
go into a relationship
When you think that money is
everything,you are wrong
and at the same time every relationship that
start from when the guy is nothing always last more then when the guy is rich
always bear this at the back of your mind, LIFE IS HOW U MAKE IT
pope. olajuwon_major@yahoo.com
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by apache77(m): 9:05am On Sep 06, 2007
first time i am contributing here on nairaland, and i must say that for Nigerian men, our biggest blesing is our women and their demanding anture. If not for dem gurls, u wont believe just how many men would still be waking up in their houses(for those that have houses) by 10am. When u know that you cant get laid by dem chics becos u r too poor, u know u just have to go out to make this money, the gurls and their attitude is a challenge and not a problem- it just depends on ur orientation to determine which side u belong, instead of complaining and sulking- go and make money- why shouldn't a woman u meet on the street care whether u have money or not, when even in ur house, ur mother( though she may not admit it) probabbly regards ur richer junior brother more cos he gat more money
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by sylviankay(f): 5:21pm On Sep 06, 2007
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by hollys(f): 12:38am On Sep 07, 2007
it is true!
Money makes the love sweeter!
it makes romance happen!
it gives u the power to think up new romantic ideas and then to carry them out!
cash makes the love juices flow both ways!!
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by na2day2(m): 6:27am On Sep 07, 2007
i see why u dont post to nairaland because when u finally did na bull u just dey yan. so u wake up early to go to work so u can get laid? poor man na hin u bi for sure. i go to work early because i need to and it is a means to get an end, which is a bigger picture not getting laid. do a research and u will find out that sex is more higher is the poorer regions than in the richer regions of any society. one of indian prime ministers got an award when she gave free tvs to all of indian families. the result of the act was the hugh slide in the sexual appetite of the ppl because earlier they had little to do but have sex and reproduce. always get ur facts right b4 u come here and give us bull.

apache77:

first time i am contributing here on nairaland, and i must say that for Nigerian men, our biggest blesing is our women and their demanding anture. If not for them girls, u wont believe just how many men would still be waking up in their houses(for those that have houses) by 10am. When u know that you can't get laid by them chics because you're too poor, u know u just have to go out to make this money, the girls and their attitude is a challenge and not a problem- it just depends on your orientation to determine which side u belong, instead of complaining and sulking- go and make money- why shouldn't a woman u meet on the street care whether u have money or not, when even in your house, your mother( though she may not admit it) probabbly regards your richer junior brother more because he gat more money
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 07, 2007
Generally, I've found with MOST, not ALL, Nigerian girls, that money comes first with them. Most given the choice between money, and a loving relationship, would choose money.

Money doesn't buy happiness, and never will. Some may disagree, and say they're happy on their own, with a lot of money, but that's just a misconception. They're seldom happy, some come to realise too late though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Is It That Girls With Big Ass Are Always Stupid? / Romance Section Most Controversial Characters & Scandals Of 2015 / NO PANTY DAY ! - June 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.