Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,629 members, 7,809,344 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? (28617 Views)

This Soon-to-wed Bride Dating A Triplet Can’t Keep Calm (photos) / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Dating Someone With Bad Teeth! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by martho(m): 7:27pm On Jul 01, 2008
the time doesnot matter,when a real man meet a real woman ,marriage is the next step.

1 Like

Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by Mesmerize(f): 7:32pm On Jul 01, 2008
No. . but. .
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by H2O2: 7:53am On Dec 21, 2009

whitelexi writes

Depends on which sex is involved. You see, after all the games, a woman finally gets desperate to settle down while, for the man, its the beginning of life! A woman will not mind settling with u in weeks sef, saying she's found the soul-mate that she's been searching for since the last 10-15 yrs,
. . .
there are some heavy truths to this
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by yourlucky: 12:29am On Apr 02, 2010
heres my story i was with a guy for 5 years and we have to kids together two months ago he left well told me he was going to visit family, now i found out he left me for another women n now they are gettn married in a couple of weeks, they have known each other for 12 yrs but she would never give him a chance and now all sudden she is, i just want to know what u ppl think about this situation
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by melli1: 10:18am On Apr 02, 2010
People kill me it is so crazy because its always the woman that changes , I know women are not the same as they were back 60 years ago but ppeople need to get over the bashing there is pad in all people. Relationships take work its a two way street. If your not both willing to work hard at it it will never last. Its according to the people in the relationship. Not the fact that shes a woman and in 2 years she will change. Some ppl change for the good some change for the bad. Its what people do. A person can only take so much if a man is as good as gold and after two years a kid a dog and in laws up in your business later it might not last if your both not working hard at it.

Sorry but it not about a certain sex who does the most wrong its about not talking and working out your issues , Keys to a good relationship , Friendship first of all , communication if you cant talk it out i promise your head for divorce court b4 u ever get there, sex is very important if you dont feed your dog at home the neighbor will . If its only about sex it wont last either there is more to a marriage than that.

and so we know that i dont completely hate men , my advice to women , women do want to argue about some stupid things so think about it and wonder if its worth the fight , Yeah ok its a hassel if a man doesnt put the toliet seat down but he has to lift it so there for why do women never lift the seat for a man ? Now thats something they have never thought to argue about. It takes less off of your life if you do what you have to and just dont fight over it. Its always great when u hate all those little pet peeves then one morning the mate is no longer there because of something stupid.
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by queeneve: 10:39am On Apr 02, 2010
The problem with most people is that we rely on OUR TIME and not God's time. When you are dating you take that time to get to know that person and it the perfect time to ask question concerning long-term if you are thinking of that aspect. If you are just in for the casual fun then I suggest you don't even bring the topics such as "What do you see yourself in five years"?

I dated my fiance for less than a year and he proposed to me. We are the best of friends and can't stop telling each other thoughts. The best thing for any couples be friends with your mate because friendship will make your marriage last. It has nothing to do with how long you dated someone.

I have friends who dated their boyfriends for five years thinking years will uncover everything about their boyfriends, THEY WERE WRONG. One of my friend dated her boyfriend for six years before she said I do and she miserable as hell. My point in all of this if the person who you are dating whether you know them for 3 days or 3 years is your soul mate, you are set for life.
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by queeneve: 10:42am On Apr 02, 2010
By the way, My fiance and I only know each other less than a year and we are best of friends. I will be marrying my best friend and I suggest you all develope friendships with your mate for your marriage will last.

Ask the couples who are married and BEST FRIENDS, they will agree with me. Winks!
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by denny4ril: 5:36pm On Apr 02, 2010
it depends on how much research u have done in one year. If u think much has been known about the intended patner, go ahead!
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by babymine(f): 12:05pm On Jul 23, 2010
Nope, as long as you feel you've known the person as well as you can. It all depends on the people involved anyways.
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by wire: 3:32pm On Jul 23, 2010
I think dating for a year is ok, but the important question u need to ask your self is are u guys compatible? do u know and understand urselves that well to actually get married.

I have a friend who got married two years ago. Her husband was based abroad, she knew him for just a short while and felt they were compatible enough to get married. Her husband was quiet, calm and generous, she felt that was enough to evaluate him until they got married and realized somany things about themselves. They argued and quarrelled all the time and his folks hated her, he later called and said the marriage should be dissolved. She was devastated.

My point is that u should know ur partner well enough to get married to him
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by babymine(f): 12:38pm On Jul 24, 2010
This thing called "marriage", hmmm na only God know the end.

Sometimes you think you're so prepared and then you get knocked off your feet. God will help us.

1 Like

Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by xmasgift: 7:50pm On Jul 24, 2010
@ poster: You don't have to date someone forever before getting married cos you never really know pple until u live under the same roof wif 'em day in, day out.
It all comes out when that "space" is now being shared with someone else and you now own "half" of the big bed u used to sleep in,  there is now a permanent "other" in your life,
Marriages can never work without God. By the way, I'm a muslim and Islam is against any form of courtship [s](ok, sadly, we break dat rule these days, ).[/s] I guess this is because at the end of the day, it's not the length of courtship that matters but God's blessings on the union.
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by lovemeall(m): 8:46pm On Jul 24, 2010
one year is ok to know someone if u love her just get married there are other guys out there that will not wast time. get more tip about dating www.datingblackladies..com
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by Florynj(m): 11:49am On Nov 07, 2015
ebelegirl:
How long do you guys think two people should date before getting married? Is it ok to meet someone and know that they are your soul-mate and get married within a year??
Its depend on d attitude.............
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by frakdon(m): 2:36pm On Nov 08, 2015
To someone like me, I give you 6months to 1 year...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Guys Always Think They Were Rejected 'cause They're Broke. / How To Tell If A Boy Likes You / I Married My Boo This Weekend (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.