Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,256 members, 7,822,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? (28627 Views)

This Soon-to-wed Bride Dating A Triplet Can’t Keep Calm (photos) / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Dating Someone With Bad Teeth! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by chinani(f): 1:56am On Nov 20, 2006
Whitelexi, you have such common views, I'm sure you'll find a very common woman to share them with you.
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by ima1(f): 12:25am On Nov 21, 2006
my parents got married 3 months after meeting and 28 years later, then are still together, it depends on if you've found the one for you.

1 Like

Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by ikamefa(f): 6:19pm On Dec 30, 2006
whitelexi:

Didnt quite expect a standing ovation from the female folk but many guys have already concurred to this. Women of nowadays cannot be trusted easily because of all that they do when they do what they do especially abroad, [b]Smart men go all the way back home from countries abroad just to get married because what they see our girls doing here is unbelievable. when girls finish playing and realise the need to settle down, they start looking for the unfortunate dude for child benefits and stuff.[/b]Its all changing, because the birds have learnt to fly higher and the hunters have learnt to aim better grin

and what about "what the men abroad do and when they do it"?  what a load of rubbish!
i smell rotten fish in this post!
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by Eurphoria(f): 7:18pm On Jan 01, 2007
@ika
grin. Dont you know girls living abroad to some, i say SOME MEN ,are trashy? As if they are anything to write home about. Such views dont really bother me cos i know where the power lies wink
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by jaybaby(f): 10:15pm On Jan 01, 2007
Nope--I got Married jus 6 months of knowing my Baby---so a yr is nuttin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by Eurphoria(f): 11:26pm On Jan 01, 2007
are u really married ? or do u have ur pipe out again? tongue
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by jaybaby(f): 11:28pm On Jan 01, 2007
Dang my Pipe WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? grin grin grin I'm 4 real cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by mukina2: 11:29pm On Jan 01, 2007
Eurphoria:

are u really married ? or do u have your pipe out again? tongue

haaaaaaa lipsrsealed grin grin grin

ikamefa:

and what about "what the men abroad do and when they do it"? what a load of rubbish!
i smell rotten fish in this post!

trust ika to have a nosy nose grin
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by jaybaby(f): 11:37pm On Jan 01, 2007
Mukiratu wetin dey laf U?
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by mukina2: 11:41pm On Jan 01, 2007
noting haa tongue grin
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by Eurphoria(f): 11:49pm On Jan 01, 2007
smiley @ those two brats
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by babe1(f): 4:26am On Feb 12, 2007
whitelexi:

Didnt quite expect a standing ovation from the female folk but many guys have already concurred to this. Women of nowadays cannot be trusted easily because of all that they do when they do what they do especially abroad, Smart men go all the way back home from countries abroad just to get married because what they see our girls doing here is unbelievable. when girls finish playing and realise the need to settle down, they start looking for the unfortunate dude for child benefits and stuff.
Its all changing, because the birds have learnt to fly higher and the hunters have learnt to aim better grin

That is why those girls they end up marring from back home come here and leave them. Serves them right i must say. A lottttttt  of cases like that expecially in the USA. The hunters sure ain't aiming good enough.
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by agnesoseka: 2:19pm On Feb 13, 2007
depends, i dated ma bobo 4 2yrs b4 we started plannig marriage,so its ur call girl, wen u knw ur partner enough u shd strt tinkin along dat line i guess dats if u guys want to marry eachother.
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by needeeg(m): 9:10pm On Mar 08, 2007
Mukiratu just dey laugh grin
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by uspry1(f): 9:31pm On Mar 08, 2007
I believe 3 years is minimum to have date in order to get married. I was married and divorced, now i am long time single. Still i want 3 yr dating before into serious marriage committment.

So far many ex-guys and I did stay 3 year relationship and broke up to move on another---no regret until find the right soul mate. Not easy!!! Most guys whom i dated were cold feet about marriage, no problem!!! SIGH!!! undecided cry
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by hotchic1(f): 5:06pm On May 01, 2007
i think a year is damn to small,you avnt known ur partner at all,i knw wot am talkin abt.
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by ihcihc(f): 1:04am On May 02, 2007
this post intresting, we r all forgettng that it is only God that will know how long we need to decide wen we know he/she is the one!  it all boils down to if its feels right and u have put it in the hands of God, it may also take longer because one may not be ready spiritually, financially and emotionally.
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by busygirl(f): 1:12am On May 02, 2007
[/quote][quote author=ihcihc link=topic=7591.msg1085407#msg1085407 date=1178064252]
this post intresting, we r all forgettng that it is only God that will know how long we need to decide when we know he/she is the one! it all boils down to if its feels right and u have put it in the hands of God, it may also take longer because one may not be ready spiritually, financially and emotionally.
yOU'rE ASOLUTELY RIGHT! smiley wink cheesy
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by EPOMA(m): 2:13am On May 02, 2007
I feel only those who have experience can give a true comment here.My view is it all boils down to if you(guy or girl) are mature enough and ready to marry.
By then you would have a , with if you don't then you probably won't even after 5 years.I knew a girl who dated a guy (very close to me) fromwhen she was 17 for 7yrs. When they broke up it was so nasty and she was blaming me for not exposing the guy to her before.She said it was like she never really knew him,because the guy was one of those rare romantic loverboy types in Naija
Please note if at the onset of a relationship you start talking about marraige or settling down youhave shot yourself in the foot.thats when  you will get Oscar winning acting from your partner, male or female.
Propsed to my wife after 4 months ,married in 10 months.
Best decision I ever made grin

1 Like

Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by joz(f): 6:44am On May 02, 2007
it depends on what u both feel for each other. u need to be sure before going into marriage because it is a serioud commitment sad
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by ihcihc(f): 11:25am On May 02, 2007
frm a girl's perpective, I think after being with a guy after 6 months, she knows what she wants from him. women come to this decision quicker but we keep it quiet and just wait(pretend even) till the man realises what he wants. it doesnt matter 6mths, 1yr etc. we know the moment we see u in most cases, its called a tickbox list. I personally do not waste time with men that r after one thing. its like a game im afraid and women r pretty gd at it. afterall we came frm eve, LOL, Its love yes but its also a pratical decision these days!

1 Like

Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by sammyjl(f): 10:17am On Oct 15, 2007
kiss With some ppl its enough, some short and some well nah, so it depends on the ppl.
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by ufobabe(f): 5:39pm On Oct 15, 2007
marrying someone on short notice is like walking into a dark tunnel without a flashlight.

marriage is not a walk in the park. do u love him? are u sure u wants 2 spent the rest of his life with him?

are u very sure he loves u? men do pretend alot.

get 2 know the other person well because, once u get 2 the altar, it will be 2 late.

my little advise is 2 continue dating so that both can watch each other closely .
one year is 2 small 2 study a man u want 2 live with 4ever.
don't be in haste OK.
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by Busta(f): 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2007
as for me-----not too soon.
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by audenna(m): 6:02pm On Oct 15, 2007
Hi every one,please there is a new settigs for celtel which i dont no. cou;ld any body please send it to me becouse i really need it.remember, it is the authomatic and the manual settigs that i need. Thanks

Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by mekoyo(m): 5:22pm On Nov 06, 2007
Depends.
Its not impossible too.
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by adeboo(f): 5:30pm On Nov 06, 2007
I personally dont think that there is such a thing as a soul mate. I think there are people that u can date and compliment well and ur dreams and visions.

Well, i dont think it is the length of time, i think its the fact that u have run through all your checklist (e.g. how is he around ur friends, their family, your family, authority, how many laws they break etcand he is rite for you. Obviously praying hard and keeping ur eyes open. Make a good friend of urs look at the relationship from the outside and tell u the truth.
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by chychy(f): 5:37pm On Nov 06, 2007
In my opinion, a year without sex is enuff because sex tends to blur one's thinking faculties.

Without sex, i think one year is enuff to stop all the pretense and lies that is if u're within the same geographical vicinity.
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by illusion2: 10:12am On Nov 07, 2007
Chychy,
You are so right !
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by origina9ja(f): 4:58pm On Jul 01, 2008
i'm still thinkin lipsrsealed
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by origina9ja(f): 5:10pm On Jul 01, 2008
damn i really wana learn here dat why i had 2 think bout every comment here
it's kinda depend i think tho
coz my mama and papa dated for 5 years shocked shocked shocked
i ws like dat a long tyme 2 my mama nd she said it dependz on
wat u guyz want because she had 2 wait 4 my papa 2 finish wateva course he was studing
lol very funny 2 wait dat long 4 guys dat change dere mind easily lipsrsealed
anywayz more answer frm older peepz
Re: Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? by jekkad: 5:15pm On Jul 01, 2008
@topic

one year is too much grin grin grin cos im not sure i stayed up to 6 months grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Toast A Nigerian Guy / What Do Girls Do When They Like A Guy / Men, Share 3 Words You Like To Hear More Than "I Love You"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.