Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,533 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria (30252 Views)

Fani-Kayode Asks US President Joe Biden To Congratulate Tinubu / Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election / Malami Asks US To Extradite Azuka Jebose For Defaming Ned Nwoko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Flamemignon1(m): 5:36am On Mar 02, 2023
Jashub:
Its true na...for example , Nigeria supported Sierra Leone through ECOWAS without a thing to gain... undecided
Whoever said anything about today? It may not be today but countries help others for posterity sales,a day will come when they will have to pay us and other countries who supported them. Research more on foreign aid, nothing is free and I think "Good country" is subjective, the "help me out and I help you out" isn't a bad trope, it's a normal human intervention that's smart especially in today's climate for countries to adopt
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by longview007: 5:41am On Mar 02, 2023
Creamypie:
In as much as i voted obi and l.p, this one na Over sabi wanna be woman. Very froward. Na you know pass. She's wants to be more popular. Na her pattern right from her undergraduate days for those of us who know her from early to mid 2000s.Always choosing from a host of situations, the ones that will give her more attention and popularity. I knew she would write, as if u.s/u.k no dey aware say elections aren't transparent in Nigeria. We no see am for the herdsmen killings, boko killings, eastern killings, kidnappings and beheadings, naira crisis and scarcity, igboho house siege and the killings, cos those ones can't bring popularity like this

Mumu talk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by superCleanworks(m): 5:50am On Mar 02, 2023
Creamypie:
In as much as i voted obi and l.p, this one na Over sabi wanna be woman. Very froward. Na you know pass. She's wants to be more popular. Na her pattern right from her undergraduate days for those of us who know her from early to mid 2000s.Always choosing from a host of situations, the ones that will give her more attention and popularity. I knew she would write, as if u.s/u.k no dey aware say elections aren't transparent in Nigeria. We no see am for the herdsmen killings, boko killings, eastern killings, kidnappings and beheadings, naira crisis and scarcity, igboho house siege and the killings, cos those ones can't bring popularity like this

Yes she is an 'over sabi'
Yes you have known her since 2000.

she is an international figure and her name rings a bell in every library of the world.

what is your name? I tripple dare you to say your full name with the same energy you used in typing this vomit, let us google it.
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by superCleanworks(m): 5:57am On Mar 02, 2023
OdogwuOga:

How could you type this shit? She wants to be popular? Popular with Nigeria or with what or who please, if I may ask? Please, for point of order, this woman is correctly one of the 10 most popular persons in the world with African descent. Please eschew your jealousy and think rightly.

abeg avoid that low life whose is telling us it has known this ICON since 2000, is that not an attention seeker?
Please help me ask the twart what it has done with its life since year 2000 and how many people outside Nigeria knows its name?

Place this cow in her presence for it to repeat everything it wrote FACE TO FACE and the spineless slob will start to stammer and urinate on its body. But thank God for internet.
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Isokehn(m): 6:10am On Mar 02, 2023
Apc just committed an abomination.
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by superCleanworks(m): 6:13am On Mar 02, 2023
Isokehn:
Apc just committed an abomination.

and 200 million people are just looking, that is the bigger abomination.
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Steep(m): 6:17am On Mar 02, 2023
America can not help you.
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by babajero(m): 6:21am On Mar 02, 2023
Creamypie:
You wrote plenty words, without writing anything.
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Goodlady(f): 6:27am On Mar 02, 2023
HITsquad:
Can you swear on your life that this election was free and fair?

People like you are the problem we have in this country, you know the real truth deep inside your heart that the election was rigged..... We all saw the hired thugs, the INEC officials fraudulent behaviors at polling stations, the uploaded results that didn't match the results we witnessed at the polls!

Election rigging is wrong and illega, it shows how obviously corrupt your candidate is (Nigeria is already a sinking ship, she has been sinking since APC took over... And an obvious corrupt leader is the last thing she needs right now!)

Yet people like you celebrate and cheer?? Why? why? Just fvcking why....? Cos im struggling to wrap my fvcking head around it. Is it religion? Is it Tribalism?
I should ask you if it's religion or tribalism that's worrying you.
If you want to swear, go to Okija in Anambra.
If you blv Nigeria started sinking when APC took over, that's tribalism. Cos you weren't blind when GEJ ruled with chop I chop, Diezani kleptomaniac democracy btw 2011-2015.
When Igbo boys called January 1966 boys led by Kaduna Nzeogwu truncated a smooth democracy, your ancestors no remember to tell you that one. Cos no be Igbo be present president and elected one, you dey cry. So who's tribalistic?
See. You v many options. Choose any or all of them.
1. Stop crying.
2. Cry more.
3. Go to court
4. So your worst.

Lastly, I advise you chose no 1. Cos Tinubu ll do well as the next president. And if you all are so filled with hate to disrupt his govt, Nnamdi Kanu has extra ved space he ll share with you all. Cos you should know that ipob did more harm than good in the east.
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Denoh68: 6:28am On Mar 02, 2023
babajero:
You wrote plenty words, without writing anything.
ASK HIM THE WHEREABOUTS OF WOLE SHOYINKA
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by MeineMutter: 6:40am On Mar 02, 2023
Because Nigeria be their papa land? Or na so we dey meddle in their own election. Awon losers gbogbo. Modern-day sl.avery.

Little girl with little brain. You think say na to write kindergarten novel dem dey call brain.
You too wan to dey pose like say you popular dey rub shoulder dey chill with the big boys like America. I can see the pain is deeper. Obi don brainwash you.
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by onuman: 6:44am On Mar 02, 2023
Creamypie:
who's this?
Your creeampie.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Skty: 6:48am On Mar 02, 2023
Neoteny7:

A president governs. So, governor.

😩😩😩😩😩😂😂😂😂😂😂😆😆😆😆😆😆🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

How many una go defend. ..apart from Muslim Muslim, him bringing Buhari, my main worry was his freezed brain. I go de inside comment section de laugh una .

He called Dino a gorilla is that the way a president should speak? So uncouth. Oya defend that one na... I'm sure u will say ..'Gorilla na homosapien...not a big deal' is that ur defense? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by MeineMutter: 6:49am On Mar 02, 2023
Creamypie:

May you never lack wisdom, at all time. She be exploiter and attention seeker. Notice me. She wan make dem know say she sabi write and to show to im beerfraud people that she don do her own bit o make dem no say she no contribute. She for come Nigeria come vote now and wait their till they count the result.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Skty: 6:49am On Mar 02, 2023
Neoteny7:

A president governs. So, governor.

He said as former governor. Instead of him to say president elect. And u with a brain say this. So annoying. Yorubas this is the best you guys could offer?
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by tarboshi(m): 6:51am On Mar 02, 2023
easzypeaszy:
Dis one na Human being?
you manage buy 500 mb of data to insult someone whose shoe you are not worthy untie.
Nigeria youths sha
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Bgetto: 6:52am On Mar 02, 2023
[quote author=OdogwuOga post=121391206]Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: My Country Is in a Fragile Place. (Published in New York Times on Feb. 28, 2023)

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/28/opinion/nigerian-elections-obi.html[/quote
U fail mention such things
Elrufai fail rigged kuduna, he lost all 3 senate to PDP yet he has power turn presidential election
Ganduje fail rigged Kano
President fail rigged Katsina
Senate president fail to rigged yobe
Tinibu fail to rigged Lagos
Useless woman u can't rule Nigeria with media propaganda and fabrication lies it's won't help u and ur tribe,
If u want to rule this country u have to be smart like jagaban he help north won and now he get it. Jew are less than 1 percentage yet they rule this world
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by MeineMutter: 6:52am On Mar 02, 2023
theophorus:
Simon Ekpa was causing wahala in your region, Letter you no gree write but on top Nigeria matter you see letter write.

Abeg shift joor.

No mind the Asha.wo weyrey g.ay
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by MeineMutter: 6:58am On Mar 02, 2023
flokii:
This Chimamanda Adiche is not intelligent one bit.. just overhyped storybook writer.

So U.S will now come and dictate to a sovereign nation like Nigeria how to run her affairs or conduct her election?.. is that how Nigerians go to monitor elections in U.S or tell them what to do there?

I have noticed most of these people running to live abroad have shlts for brain (except some), reason I don't usually pity them when they run into troubles in those countries e.g. Ukraine- Russia conflict.

Someone should tell the Igbo woman that U.S can't do nothing to force Obi on Nigerians cos he lost the election and didn't make the required 25% votes in 24 States plus FCT. There are laws that guide international relations , no sovereign state can interfere in the affairs of another sovereign state when and if not invited.

You deserve 1 million likes on this. The osu people and sone gullible ones amongst us don’t know this. They think any country can just come and dominate the other country without invitation.
It’s because she was given recognition for the ààló àpa mò on Ìjàpá Ológbón-èwé.

Was that how Soyinka got his Nobel Laureate prize?
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by MeineMutter: 7:02am On Mar 02, 2023
Creeper:
Laughable, especially since Trump just got rigged out of office in the same country and the US is the global champion in electoral fraud. The US manipulates elections at home and abroad.

This woman is another opportunist that writes Mickey Mouse books. And apart from the book about her people’s trauma, which she exploited for personal gains - she’s pedestrian at best. All she does is look for trauma to exploit. I can’t knock her hustle tho - she’s good a hustler and she understands that white liberals love black trauma.

Stop all the dumb dissertation: the Linsanity run of Nigeria’s own Jeremy Lin - Peter Obi - is over. Take your L and keep it moving. You win some and lose some.

You are very smart and you captured all going on in her flat head 90%. She’s an opportunist like her flat-headed Obi. They love exploiting every situations to their own advantage.
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by DonTattaglia: 7:07am On Mar 02, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
That is why she will never get Nobel nomination till she will kick the bucket grin grin grin

And have u or your entire wreched 1mbecilic generation ever won even an exercise book for exelling above others in anything.. Goat
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by beardedboy(m): 7:12am On Mar 02, 2023
OdogwuOga:

How could you type this shit? She wants to be popular? Popular with Nigeria or with what or who please, if I may ask? Please, for point of order, this woman is correctly one of the 10 most popular persons in the world with African descent. Please eschew your jealousy and think rightly.
Stop capping nonsense.

She's a bloody tribalist.
She's only popular among Igbos and ipob sympathisers.
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 7:13am On Mar 02, 2023
0monnak0da:
In 2007
INEC declared Yar'adua elected with over 24 million votes
There was no declaration of a breakdown by states or even the FCT
It was just YarAdua has won and he got 24 million votes
Buhari went to court

The EU declared
The elections were THE WORST WE HAVE EVER SEEN
Many Nigerians looked away because Buhari was victim

Frankly, most southerners were wary of buhari then. His 8 year tenure has justified their fears.
Elections have greatly improved since then with the aid of tech. Carrying out such malpractice in this modern day is shameful to say the least.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by BRATISLAVA: 7:15am On Mar 02, 2023
Coolabbie:
So America should come and do what?
Have they finished sharing money and bombs to Ukraine?
Common gerrarahia

Lol.

It isn't that black and white.
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by ScamHunter: 7:17am On Mar 02, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
That is why she will never get Nobel nomination till she will kick the bucket grin grin grin

How do you know that she'll not win it behind you because you kicked the bucket before it happened?
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Sammyblacky87: 7:21am On Mar 02, 2023
OdogwuOga:

Liers, she no even dey top 25 not to talk top 10, make una dey decieve una self
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by 0monnak0da: 7:34am On Mar 02, 2023
ceejayluv:

Frankly, most southerners were wary of buhari then. His 8 year tenure has justified their fears.
Elections have greatly improved since then with the aid of tech. Carrying out such malpractice in this modern day is shameful to say the least.
So because southerners were wary of Buhari cheating him I justified?
That is very bizarre logic

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Neoteny7: 7:36am On Mar 02, 2023
Skty:

He said as former governor. Instead of him to say president elect. And u with a brain say this. So annoying. Yorubas this is the best you guys could offer?

The worst yoruba is better than the best igboe.

There's a reason you people are universally reviled.
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Neoteny7: 7:38am On Mar 02, 2023
Skty:

😩😩😩😩😩😂😂😂😂😂😂😆😆😆😆😆😆🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

How many una go defend. ..apart from Muslim Muslim, him bringing Buhari, my main worry was his freezed brain. I go de inside comment section de laugh una .

He called Dino a gorilla is that the way a president should speak? So uncouth. Oya defend that one na... I'm sure u will say ..'Gorilla na homosapien...not a big deal' is that ur defense? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

But but but..... Dino really is a gorilla.

I like a president who calls a spade a spade, not one who'll sugarcoat the truth and say "oh that? It's not a spade, it's just a gardening tool".
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Neoteny7: 7:40am On Mar 02, 2023
Desusi:

You think so.?How can you be that sure?Remember one man's meat is another man's poison.When you go out today,check people's mood carefully and passionately.

Thankfully I don't have many igboes around me, nor christian sentimentalists.

Everyone around here is actually happy the elections are over and some sore losers are boiling with tepid rage and being unable to do absolutely nothing about their loss.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by IbileIfe: 7:56am On Mar 02, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:
Americans know the truth, that's why they are watching keenly.
Which Truth?
She only a good story teller.

Reality Check: Peter Obi, Chimamanda Ngozi-Adichie, Obidients and their Delusions of Grandeur of the 2023 Presidential Election in Nigeria

The followers of Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) need a reality check for their bloated political Delusions of Grandeur for his victory in the 2023 presidential election in Nigeria.

Making the loudest noise does not mean you are making sense.

Emotional immaturity, intellectual insecurity and political hypocrisy of majority of them are glaring from their widely circulated lies of demagogy and now worsened by the intellectual hypocrisy of the celebrated Nigerian novelist and feminist, Chimamanda Ngozi-Adichie who is misinforming the ignorant foreign news media on the current affairs in Nigeria. She has been posing and posturing in conceit and deceit to show Peter Obi as a new political personality. A lie.

She has known him since he became the Governor of Anambra State in South eastern Nigeria from March to November 2006, February to May 2007, and June 2007 to March 2014 as a member of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) and later decamped to the People's Democratic Party (PDP) in 2014.
He was in the PDP when the party lost to the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2015 presidential election.
He was a leading member of corrupt and incompetent administration of the former President Goodluck Jonathan of the PDP that failed to tackle the insurgency of the Boko Haram and ISWAP terrorists in northern Nigeria and failed to rescue the unfortunate hundreds of Chibok secondary school girls abducted by Boko Haram in April, 2014.
On 12 October 2018, Peter Obi became the running mate to Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the PDP in the 2019 presidential election and they lost to the incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Oluyemi Osinbajo of the APC.

When Peter Obi was in the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan, Chimamanda Ngozi-Adichie rejected the national honour given to her by the Nigerian government.
She and Obi are from the same Anambra State and of the same Catholic Church.

In May 2022, he became the Labour Party nominee for President of Nigeria in the 2023 presidential election, after defecting from the Peoples Democratic Party.

Living in denial of the truth is foolishness.

It is delusional for the followers and supporters of Peter Obi to claim that he won the 2023 presidential election held on February 25 as the presidential candidate of the dysfunctional Labour Party (LP) without formal functional offices in the 36 states and federal capital of Abuja.
During the last presidential election in 2019, LP had only 5, 074 votes nationwide for the presidential candidate Alhaji Muhammed Usman Zaki and his running mate, Chief Ezekiel Akpan.
LP has had only one state governor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, who ran successfully as Governor of Ondo State under the banner of the LP for a period of two terms (2009-2017). Then he returned to the PDP in 2021.

Hundreds of thousands of Igbos did not come out to vote on Saturday, February 25, because of their fear of attacks by different fringe elements of the separatist Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB)
that threatened to enforce the Sit-At-Home order declared by the Simon Ekpa-led faction of IPOB that the 2023 general elections will not take place in the South East geo-political zone of the country.

Peter Obi has not condemned the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and this has implications for his presidential ambition, because majority of Muslims and others, especially non+Igbos who are against the breakup of the Federal Republic of Nigeria will not vote for him.
It is even unbelievable that Peter Obi defeated Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu in Lagos State, the home state of the presidential candidate of the APC!
Wherever the LP won, they were happy and even claimed that they should have won more votes than the national ruling party of the incumbent administration of the Nigerian government.
How can you claim you have won in more states than the APC that has been ruling the federal government since 2015 to date; with 22 governors in 22 states of the 36 states in Nigeria; majority of Senators in the Senate; majority of members in the House of Representatives and the Houses of Assembly in the 36 states with functional offices in all the states and in Abuja.
Peter Obi and the Labour Party cannot win the presidential election in more states than the national ruling party.

Peter Obi actually exploited the gullibility and political naivety of majority of Nigerians by widespread defamation of the personality of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and labelling the APC as an evil political party and lied that the APC has failed in the administration of the federal government. They deliberately ignored the outstanding achievements of the APC since 2015 to date.

The Labour Party accused the APC of rigging the presidential election. But I have a video showing the LP rigging the election.

They lied by calling Peter Obi "Mr. Clean" and incorruptible politician. But Peter Obi was linked to
the misappropriations of funds by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) when he was a leading member of the former national ruling party, People's Democratic Party (PDP).
Mr. Nnamdi Okonkwo, the MD of Fidelity Bank was arrested by the EFCC and he told his interrogators that he was under instructions from Peter Obi, believed to be one of the owners of the bank, to go to former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Alison-Madueke’s residence in Abuja for a “financial transaction that could benefit the bank.”
Peter Obi was once the Chairman and is a major stakeholder in Fidelity Bank.

He is among those named in the Pandora Papers for international financial crimes in illicit foreign assets.
PANDORA PAPERS: Inside Peter Obi’s secret businesses — and how he broke the law
Peter Obi serially violated the law by failing to declare to the Code of Conduct Bureau the companies and assets he tucked away in secrecy havens.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora_Papers

Read the following for more details on the consequences of foreign illicit assets.

This Act governs the freezing, confiscation and restitution of assets held by foreign politically exposed persons or their close associates, where there is reason to assume that those assets were acquired through acts of corruption, criminal mismanagement or by other felonies.16 Aug 2016
https://www.unodc.org › 201...
PDF
Foreign Illicit Assets Act (FIAA) of 18 December 2015

The IMF and the Fight Against Illicit Financial Flows
Illicit and tax avoidance related financial flows (ITAFF) can have a significant impact on the economic stability of a country and
https://www.imf.org/en/About/Factsheets/Sheets/2023/Fight-against-illicit-financial-flows

It is really baffling that Chimamanda Ngozi-Adichie would endorse such a character, because they are from the same tribe and church when she should know that suspects in similar situations in the United States of America would have been on trial for their crimes and not contesting for public office.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obasanjo’s Refusal To Endorse Buhari Troubles APC / Reno Omokri Blasts Fashola, Fayemi For "Betraying Tinubu", Nigerians React / Emmanuel Uduaghan Visits Ibrahim Babangida In His Minna Residence (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.