Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria (30249 Views)

Fani-Kayode Asks US President Joe Biden To Congratulate Tinubu / Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election / Malami Asks US To Extradite Azuka Jebose For Defaming Ned Nwoko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by UncommonLogic: 10:53pm On Mar 01, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:
Americans know the truth, that's why they are watching keenly.
America where Trump is still claiming that his election was stolen?
America have her own election denials like Trump and this fool.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by livinbygrace: 10:53pm On Mar 01, 2023
0monnak0da:
In 2007
INEC declared Yar'adua elected with over 24 million votes
There was no declaration of a breakdown by states or even the FCT
It was just YarAdua has won and he got 24 million votes
Buhari went to court

The EU declared
The elections were THE WORST WE HAVE EVER SEEN
Many Nigerians looked away because Buhari was victim

You are right,the only person i pity is Atiku having been contesting for 30yrs and its now i know we have so many ignorant/mumu people in Nigeria,most importantly the so called educated ones.
Someone,just came out within 7 months and they think he could win and rule over 200m just because he sweet talk and gave them lamba.
Where was he when youths were being killed in AKWUZU and dumped inside river by Police officer(Okafor),people looked away because its Saint Obi and not Jagaban.
All in all,na Buhari i blame for all this nonsense,if he had done well,we wont have been seeing all this.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Goodlady(f): 10:54pm On Mar 01, 2023
TimiRume:
Modified

She is saying the truth and standing for the truth. Please don't shut one of the voices of truth.

__It's sad seeing the number of derogatory comments against not just this noble woman but against the good people of Nigeria.

I ask you that is okay with corruption and the sad situation of the country and voted for its continuity, even if you don't fear men, are you that stupid to realise there is a God that hates wickedness and injustice and rewards every man according to his deeds.

This God is the very breath you take in every second. How can you think you can escape his wrath even when you feel good now
Town crier, before you cry to thirst. This is a woman responding you.
Enough is enough of your crying. You Obidients can do your worst!

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Pityoobi: 10:54pm On Mar 01, 2023
Clannish Igboitic traitor… she should talk about Biafra instead.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by FreedomfromtheT: 10:54pm On Mar 01, 2023
Creamypie:
In as much as i voted obi and l.p, this one na Over sabi wanna be woman. Na you know pass. She's wants to be more popular. Na her pattern right from her undergraduate days. Always choosing from a host of situations, the ones that will give her more attention and popularity. I knew she would write. We no see am for the herdsmen killings, boko killings, eastern killings, kidnappings and beheadings, igboho house siege and the killings, cos those ones can't bring popularity like this
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is entitled to write on any issues of her choice.
You might just be wrong in assuming she didn't write in the other ills of the Nigerian society. Perhaps you didn't read them.
And if she didn't, you can fill the gap.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by ibkayee(f): 10:55pm On Mar 01, 2023
It’s her right to to appeal but America is still tackling its own electoral transparency issues, plus what do they have to do with Nigeria, a sovereign country?

Nigeria needs to sort out its own issues instead of running to countries that ordinarily couldn’t care less unless there’s some sort of gain for them

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by MartinsD12(m): 10:56pm On Mar 01, 2023
OdogwuOga:
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: My Country Is in a Fragile Place. (Published in New York Times on Feb. 28, 2023)

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/28/opinion/nigerian-elections-obi.html
It's not yet over , no sensible Nigerian is celebrating this illegality , they are doomed already, the masses have rejected them , let them rule themselves.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Creamypie(m): 10:56pm On Mar 01, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

What do you mean by Adichie want be more popular? Adichie looking for popularity?

You sounded like an unlettered agbero urchin, so don't blame me. grin
u don't know her as much as us this way south and east sir. Popularity has no limits.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Blissfulness: 10:56pm On Mar 01, 2023
seunmsg:
After writing to the US government, she should write to UN, ICC, IMF, World bank and EU. It won’t change the result of the election. Tinubu will remain president for a minimum of 4 years.

Fear your Creator and stop pleasing and supporting evil because one thing is sure that you will give account of every deed and words that proceed out of your mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by perpeling22(f): 10:56pm On Mar 01, 2023
Creamypie:
In as much as i voted obi and l.p, this one na Over sabi wanna be woman. Na you know pass. She's wants to be more popular. Na her pattern right from her undergraduate days. Always choosing from a host of situations, the ones that will give her more attention and popularity. I knew she would write. We no see am for the herdsmen killings, boko killings, eastern killings, kidnappings and beheadings, igboho house siege and the killings, cos those ones can't bring popularity like this

Oga, which planet are you from. nawa for people oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by bhella10: 10:58pm On Mar 01, 2023
jchioma:
The whole country is like in mourning. Is that what one can call victory? Even known urchins are in doubt. What do you call this sham? From Lagos to Rivers, Abuja to Kaduna, the people are not happy. Even the gods are angry.
Your tears is tasty

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by moyosore32: 10:58pm On Mar 01, 2023
Creamypie:
this one na Over sabi wanna be woman. Na you know pass. She's wants to be more popular. Na her pattern right from her undergraduate days. Always choosing from a host of situations, the ones that will give her more attention and popularity. I knew she would write. We no see am for the herdsmen killings, boko killings, eastern killings, kidnappings and beheadings, igboho house siege and the killings, cos those ones can't bring popularity like this

Well I used to think I was the only one who have observed her over sabi character… alas it wasn’t just me afterall

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by TimiRume(f): 10:58pm On Mar 01, 2023
Goodlady:

Town crier, before you cry to thirst. This is a woman responding you.
Enough is enough of your crying. You Obidients can do your worst!

I don't care if you are a woman or man.

Every woman or man is accountable for his or her action.

I or others might be lenient with you in upholding the truth.

But do you think God would forgo his righteousness for anything?

You will get your reward. Even your conscience tells you so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by FreedomfromtheT: 10:59pm On Mar 01, 2023
Pityoobi:
Clannish Igboitic traitor… she should talk about Biafra instead.
Who is clannish between you and her.
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is a successful Nigerian making waves abroad. I don't know who you are. Did she tell you she is a Biafran?
So you can write on Biafra, OduaNation or Arewa Republic if you so choose.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by AdaojoTheUrchin: 11:00pm On Mar 01, 2023
Creamypie:
u don't know her as much as us this way south and east sir. Popularity has no limits.

You are talking nonsense, only agberoes and dirty Street urchins don know Adichie.

Something tells me you are hearing about her for the first time today after learning to read and writing at night school, just recently. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by jahsharon: 11:00pm On Mar 01, 2023
she will cry blood. Useless Osu

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by perpeling22(f): 11:00pm On Mar 01, 2023
[quote author=seunmsg post=121391715]After writing to the US government, she should write to UN, ICC, IMF, World bank and EU. It won’t change the result of the election. Tinubu will remain president for a minimum of 4 years. [

My prayers is that all the foreign countries should ban all Nigerian politicians

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by moyosore32: 11:00pm On Mar 01, 2023
johnmartus:
She should also write European union, African union Arab league, league Of Nations, union Nation organization etc .

Abi o, u forgot to add the Asian and the Antarctica too… oversabi too much for d babe

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Creamypie(m): 11:03pm On Mar 01, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

You are talking nonsense, only agberoes and dirty Street urchins don know Adichie.

Something tells me you are hearing about her for the first time today after learning to read and writing at night school, just recently. grin
you are stretching my patience. I have known her since undergraduate days, precisely, 2004

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Goodlady(f): 11:03pm On Mar 01, 2023
TimiRume:

I don't care if you are a woman or man.

Every woman or man is accountable for his or her action.

I or others might be lenient with you in upholding the truth.

But do you think God would forgo his righteousness for anything?

You will get your reward. Even your conscience tells you so
My conscience is clear. It's you that ll get your reward for crying foul play.
I m a student of political science, trained lawyer and I know that politics is a game of numbers. Tinubu won tactically cos he was able to secure votes where there's large numbers of active voters.
Now talking about God. So God no dey APC. No Godly person dey APC?
BAT na devil pikin and God no dey answer his prayers?
Look Mr/Miss TimiRume, this isn't about God factor alone. It's a nice political calculation. God is not like you that He won't understand politics and act rash. God saw that Tinubu won convincingly.
Blame PDP that couldn't field Obi as candidate cos their delegates collected money from Atiku.
Stop crying, prepare for 2027. And if you think I m preaching too much, do your worst!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Moniya4Real(m): 11:08pm On Mar 01, 2023
OdogwuOga:
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: My Country Is in a Fragile Place. (Published in New York Times on Feb. 28, 2023)

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/28/opinion/nigerian-elections-obi.html
I think everyone, Chimamanda inclusive needs to come to the realization that the US would always intervene when it only serves it’s selfish interest. Who knows whether the results of the just concluded presidential elections in Nigeria has served their interests.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by cococandy(f): 11:08pm On Mar 01, 2023
Act like you have sense
Creamypie:
In as much as i voted obi and l.p, this one na Over sabi wanna be woman. Na you know pass. She's wants to be more popular. Na her pattern right from her undergraduate days. Always choosing from a host of situations, the ones that will give her more attention and popularity. I knew she would write, as if u.s/u.k no dey aware say elections aren't transparent in Nigeria. We no see am for the herdsmen killings, boko killings, eastern killings, kidnappings and beheadings, igboho house siege and the killings, cos those ones can't bring popularity like this

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by hardcore007: 11:09pm On Mar 01, 2023
I’m sure they don’t give a fvck about us. We are the ones to fix our prob.
What a wicked combination to rule us for 8 years.
We are watching from afar. Chai naija don spoil kpata kpata. First time I’m not proud to be a Nigerian. Beautiful country rendered useless by our leaders. You guys can go ahead and bury naija. I bow out.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by TimiRume(f): 11:09pm On Mar 01, 2023
Goodlady:

My conscience is clear. It's you that ll get your reward for crying foul play.
I m a student of political science, trained lawyer and I know that politics is a game of numbers. Tinubu won tactically cos he was able to secure votes where there's large numbers of active voters.
Now talking about God. So God no dey APC. No Godly person dey APC?
BAT na devil pikin and God no dey answer his prayers?
Look Mr/Miss TimiRume, this isn't about God factor alone. It's a nice political calculation. God is not like you that He won't understand politics and act rash. God saw that Tinubu won convincingly.
Blame PDP that couldn't field Obi as candidate cos their delegates collected money from Atiku.
Stop crying, prepare for 2027. And if you think I m preaching too much, do your worst!

One thing is sure.

You can write so many words, explanations and excuses to silence your conscience. But God is bigger than your conscience and can't be drowned by our mind games.

He will reward every good and evil still.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Dwizeone: 11:11pm On Mar 01, 2023
Creamypie:
In as much as i voted obi and l.p, this one na Over sabi wanna be woman. Na you know pass. She's wants to be more popular. Na her pattern right from her undergraduate days. Always choosing from a host of situations, the ones that will give her more attention and popularity. I knew she would write, as if u.s/u.k no dey aware say elections aren't transparent in Nigeria. We no see am for the herdsmen killings, boko killings, eastern killings, kidnappings and beheadings, igboho house siege and the killings, cos those ones can't bring popularity like this

Stop the lies, you didn’t vote for PO
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Creamypie(m): 11:11pm On Mar 01, 2023
cococandy:
Act like you have sense
who's this pls?
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Moniya4Real(m): 11:11pm On Mar 01, 2023
Blissfulness:

Fear your Creator and stop pleasing and supporting evil because one thing is sure that you will give account of every deed and words that proceed out of your mouth.
How did he support evil?
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Biafraaa: 11:12pm On Mar 01, 2023
Creamypie:
[bShe wants to be popular What do you mean by that?[/b]
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Moniya4Real(m): 11:14pm On Mar 01, 2023
TimiRume:

One thing is sure.

You can write so many words, explanations and excuses to silence your conscience. But God is bigger than your conscience and can't be drowned by our mind games.

He will reward every good and evil still.

I bet Obi would have won convincingly if he had been picked by PDP with a Hausa/Fulani running mate
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Creamypie(m): 11:15pm On Mar 01, 2023
Biafraaa:

[bShe wants to be popular What do you mean by that?[/b]
it means u don't know her from long ago. Na her pattern right from uni days when I know am

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by casualobserver: 11:16pm On Mar 01, 2023
The problem like I often say is that so called educated Nigerians do not read or verify facts before they talk.

If you look at the electoral act, There is provision for collation and declaration even without irev

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by IpobAntidote: 11:17pm On Mar 01, 2023
Another IPOB terrorist sympathizer masquerading as an innocent party. She's nothing but an election denial. The only thing that good to them is when the win. Anything else is wrong.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport / Fashola - Ambobe Handing Over: Tafawa Balewa Square Tastefully Decorated (photos / Ndume, Na’Allah Ratified Senate Majority Leader, Deputy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.