Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,793 members, 7,841,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? (32742 Views)

Did Tinubu Say Electoral Act 2022 Will Affect Democracy? Daily Trust Fact Check / Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 / Electoral ACT 2022: What Are The Fates Of Govt Appointees Who Are Yet To Resign? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:22pm On Mar 02, 2023
Yakubu is a criminal. Electoral crime and usurpation of my vote is evil

4 Likes

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Parachoko: 2:23pm On Mar 02, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
You're the one over-beating yourself over something that is not of any concern to you
So why are you crying and creating threads about it?

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by siesmyencounter: 2:23pm On Mar 02, 2023
senatordave1:

Fraud can come from both manual and electronic.
Must there be Fraud ?

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by BluntCrazeMan: 2:23pm On Mar 02, 2023
senatordave1:

My brother,what is in the electoral act is what is legal.as you can see, the electoral act made use of electronic accreditation clearly electronic by a tech device. it never did same for transmission and collation. Same thing happened to the card reader

Now let's look at it from another perspective..

Let us assume that the “Transmission” as mentioned in the Electoral Act is NOT Electronic Transmission...

Was Manual Transmission mentioned in the Act??

Because, we could also assume spiritual transmission, or even mental transmission..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by BluntCrazeMan: 2:24pm On Mar 02, 2023
Parachoko:
So why are you crying and creating threads about it?
Get Lost Bro..

You're still operating at a low level.

When I open threads that are for bashing,, you can come around

14 Likes

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Wickedfacts: 2:25pm On Mar 02, 2023
Better go and join Peter Obi's legal team

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Goke7: 2:25pm On Mar 02, 2023
none of the two candidates challenging the elections had the spread to be declared winner, it will be difficult for them to reclaim any stolen mandate if any was even stolen, how?

Complaining of technical hitches can never invalidate an election, na waste of time

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by senatordave1(m): 2:27pm On Mar 02, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Now let's look at it from another perspective..

Let us assume that the “Transmission” as mentioned in the Electoral Act is NOT Electronic Transmission...

Was Manual Transmission mentioned in the Act??

Because, we could also assume spiritual transmission, or even mental transmission..

The default settings is manual.in 2015,inec guidelines provided for card readers meanwhile the electoral act made no provision for it and you know what happened

4 Likes

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by spagettiluv: 2:27pm On Mar 02, 2023
efehedosa:
Peter Obi is Nigeria's president. All these inflated and deflated figures will be thrown away by the courts and Tinubu the criminal who thrives in subverting the will of the people will be disgraced.

Tinubu, you will never lead Nigeria. Your ambition is cursed. Nigerians have spoken and will ensure with every necessary means that the truth wins.
can you type this without crying?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Parachoko: 2:28pm On Mar 02, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Get Lost Bro..

You're still operating at a low level.

When I open threads that are for bashing,, you can come around
Go and die

No b your papa get Nairaland, you can't decide were I go dey comment

Peter Obi lost woefully, make e go waste his time at the Tribunal and court were he will also lose

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by dyera(m): 2:28pm On Mar 02, 2023
As long as there is no electronic transmission of results from polling units. Inec and not nigerians will be the one to decide the number of vote each candidate gets. That can hardly be called a democracy.

5 Likes

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Racoon(m): 2:29pm On Mar 02, 2023
It is not debatable. The provisions are well spelt out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by BluntCrazeMan: 2:29pm On Mar 02, 2023
Parachoko:
Go and die

No b your papa get Nairaland, you can't decide were I go dey comment

Peter Obi lost woefully, make e go waste his time at the Tribunal and court were he will also lose
Okk

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Successlane: 2:29pm On Mar 02, 2023
Parachoko:
I'm waiting to see if Obi and Atiku will choose to waste money going to the tribunal

Lawyers must survive.
Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by kozmokaz(m): 2:29pm On Mar 02, 2023
helinues:

This is as simple as ABC.

Because there is no mandatory procedure/provision on how to transmit the results whether by Inec or Nigeria law, a clause was made that determination on how to transmit the results will be the decision of the commission ( INEC).

Mahmood is only the chairman of the commission, there are other people in the same INEC commission that determine which method will be suitable for the commission to transmit the results.

Na learned people de comment here abeg

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Parachoko: 2:31pm On Mar 02, 2023
Successlane:

Lawyers must survive.
The Tribunal and Court will throw away their case.

I hope they will be fine for wasting the Court time
Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by naijapikin2(m): 2:31pm On Mar 02, 2023
This piece is too long

By the time we finish reading it, tinubu would have finished 8 years.
Haba mana

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Ijaya123: 2:31pm On Mar 02, 2023
Parachoko:
I'm waiting to see if Obi and Atiku will choose to waste money going to the tribunal

Lawyers must chop after every elections. grin grin grin
Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 02, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
For those who continue to argue that Transmission is not inside the Electoral Act...

I guess that these sections of the Electoral Act which I quoted here might have done justice to their argument..

In what section does this belong to?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by missionmex(m): 2:32pm On Mar 02, 2023
Parachoko:
is it your waste? mtchew

5 Likes

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by onuman: 2:35pm On Mar 02, 2023
"in a manner as prescribed by the Commission."

And in October 2022, INEC Chairman, Prof Mammood, prescribed before the public that the results of the polling units shall be transmitted in "real time " by the presiding officer directly to the appropriate INEC portal for public viewing.

But INEC later abandoned its prescription but resorted to manual collation of votes, unarguably, after the results had been adulterated in the hands of crooks, before INECcould get hold of the results long after elections had closed.

In other words, INEC ran foul of its laws (prescription). It's called breach of trust. The conduct of the election and vote results therefrom remain illegal.

12 Likes

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by seunmsg(m): 2:37pm On Mar 02, 2023
The results have been transmitted to irev already so what your point again?

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Annibo21: 2:37pm On Mar 02, 2023
Why is Tinubu Afraid of Cancellation of the results??
If the election was free n fair, I don't think he/they should be afraid.
I'll watch till the End. The people's Mandate must be retrieved!

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by ppogba: 2:39pm On Mar 02, 2023
Parachoko:

At least they have to show their supporters they are not just going to allow it go like that. It is normal and besides, SANs must chop.

Are you not aware that after this na 4 years again be lawyers chop chop?
Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by hammerT: 2:39pm On Mar 02, 2023
SEE AS TRANSMITTED FULL EVERYWHERE.

SPECIFICALLY, AFTER COUNTING AT THE POLLING UNIT.

INEC DO AM? PROF MALU NO DO AM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6GWMK-da1g

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Putindbutt: 2:39pm On Mar 02, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
The words of the Electoral Act are very clear.

The Apex Court cannot decide a case based on a section (or sections) of the Electoral Act that is (or are) not definite.
Guy, are you an illitetate?. INEC has the prerogative to determine the process to adopt, that is why it is called a guideline.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by BluntCrazeMan: 2:40pm On Mar 02, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

In what section does this belong to?
This is something that can be used as an Evidence against INEC..

Although, it cannot be a ground for nullifying the election.
Since there are stipulated grounds for nullifying election.
Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Parachoko: 2:41pm On Mar 02, 2023
ppogba:

At least they have to show their supporters they are not just going to allow it go like that. It is normal and besides, SANs must chop.

Are you not aware that after this na 4 years again be lawyers chop chop?
Well, lawyers must truly chop
Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by BluntCrazeMan: 2:41pm On Mar 02, 2023
Putindbutt:

Guy, are you an illitetate?. INEC has the prerogative to determine the process to adopt, that is why it is called a guideline.
Ok.

I no wan respond to you.

4 Likes

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Goke7: 2:41pm On Mar 02, 2023
Parachoko:
The Tribunal and Court will throw away their case.

I hope they will be fine for wasting the Court time

me I want them to go to court o, someone wey no meet the requirements of the spread, how he wan win for court

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him / Rukkayya, Wife Of Abdulmumini Dame Thrown Out Of His House After His Death (Pics / Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.